PDA

View Full Version : What do you WANT/NOT WANT to see in Splinter Cell 4

Raakile91
04-18-2005, 08:04 AM
List here all the things you don't want to see in SC4. Also post for ideas for the game. I know that this is about 10th discussion from this topic, but I just couldn't ignore makind one for myself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif Remember, POST ONLY REASONABLE IDEAS AND NO ARGUE LIKE: "What a stupid idea!" or "Mine is a lot better!" RESPECT everyone's opinions and please don't post same idea multiple times. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Raakile91
04-18-2005, 08:04 AM
List here all the things you don't want to see in SC4. Also post for ideas for the game. I know that this is about 10th discussion from this topic, but I just couldn't ignore makind one for myself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif Remember, POST ONLY REASONABLE IDEAS AND NO ARGUE LIKE: "What a stupid idea!" or "Mine is a lot better!" RESPECT everyone's opinions and please don't post same idea multiple times. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CrimsonBlack
04-18-2005, 08:50 AM
I would like to see more moves in the game... I know that Sam is already a master of just about everything, and it would be hard to think of anything else that he could do... maybe he could go prone at will (like Solid Snake)?

How about including a martial arts system for taking out enemies? A swift but silent style... gives the player more choice about whether to knock out, kill with knife, or ju-jitsu an opponent into submission. It probably wouldn't fit in a game like SC though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Better AI for one thing. It is good already, but what I want is a game where guards actually notice if their friend/collegue has been dragged into the shadows whilst they weren't watching. Like, them calling out "Hey Fred, where are you?". Or make Sam force a guard to say something like "Everything's ok, George".

I reckon we should just leave UBI Montreal to work their magic. They'll think of things to make an amazing SC4.

Dangerous_388
04-18-2005, 09:02 AM
I want everything in SCCT in SC4 with new levels. I dont want anything else

BliNd-
04-18-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm happy with everyting -- Moves, story, graphics. the only thing I haven't liked about the SC games: they will say, you will be dropped off by helicopter in the ocean, and will have to board the ship as it passes. Then when the mission loads, your on the ship already. I would like to be able to actually play the insertion.

Lhorkan
04-18-2005, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Like, them calling out "Hey Fred, where are you?". Or make Sam force a guard to say something like "Everything's ok, George". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is already in the game. Only on one person (I think) though. I'll spoiler tag it to make sure noone complains. It's about the 2nd level.

<span class="ev_code_black">When you interrogate Lacerda in the room where he wants to take a drink, the 2 guards will start shouting, like "Hey Lacerda, what are you doing?" Than, when pressing Interrogate again, Sam will say "Calm them down", and Lacerda will shout something like "I'm searching for some whisky".. If you drag him to another room though, the guards won't be suspicious... Hmm... But anyway, I thought that was quite cool.</span>

As for my contribute to this thread, well, euhm... I would like Sam to have a flashlight, so he could blind enemies and run away... Erm, nevermind after all.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Raakile91
04-18-2005, 12:59 PM
I have myself a little add: you probably know how sam does split jump in SC1 and how the versusmode spies do it now. It's a little harder way, when you have to press jump, press it again on the top of the jump (when sam/spy bouches even higher) and press again to put your other leg in place. this system will also allow you to reach a higher spot. and it could be made even more easier by changing it to perform a split jump by pressing jump key down next to a wall and releasing it after sam/spy has entered split jump position. So: 1. go near a wall. 2. press down jupm button and hold it until the move has completely performed.

Hope you guys understood http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SoulFire382
04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I always thought a "20 years eairler" mission would be interesting. Like, Sam would be seperated from his squad/unit and had to find a way out on his own. You'd be able to play around with really powerful weapons, but they'd give away your position. Since he's alone, you'd have to be stealthy, so the 3rd person view would work.

Tejo.hr
04-18-2005, 02:07 PM
I wouldnt like to see bugs in SC4 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

spyder93090
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
How about the 2nd to last mission Sam Gets captured. And then on the last mission youre 1 of 2 splinter cells in training [like coop] and the commands would be socom-ish and youd have to rescue sam. i want the corner shooting back. I want a customizable weapons loadout. OK so instead of Reddings Rec, Stealth and Assault. They should add one more: custom. Like you can pick a group of any 10 or however many items that suits the mission. IE: 3 sticky cams, 3 sticky shockers, 2 airfoils, and 2 smoke grenades. I wish you could get all 3 attachments instead of picking just one [shotgun, sniper, foregrip] I also like the insertion idea a couple posts up.

Raakile91
04-18-2005, 10:42 PM
what about the would put all attachmets into same weapon? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Rbdb1R
04-19-2005, 12:35 AM
sam should get a spear to throw at people

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Tejo.hr
04-19-2005, 04:31 AM
He should get one extra green light on his googles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

silverlizard
04-19-2005, 06:50 AM
i kind of like the idea of a game story where sam is framed for something terrible, and has to go rogue to clear his name. he'd have to really rely on his wits and skill, wouldnt have the benifit of his usual help, and might have to contact old friends for help to clear his name.

CrimsonBlack
04-19-2005, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> sam should get a spear to throw at people <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Sam should, in his free time, live in a cave with his Neandertal wife and kids, tending to the fire, and hunting woolly mammoth. In the game, you could sneak up to a bison, and stab it, strangle it, knock it out, or interrogate it ("where can I get prime, good tasting flesh around here, buddy?" - "Moo.")

Raakile91
04-19-2005, 08:37 AM
that frame story idea sounded good, because now you would have to trust even more for interogating people to gain information from the guy who's behind the entire plot. and sam wouldn't even get held from third echelon. I'd love to see one mission where you must infiltate third echelon HQ to get your stuff (weapons, gadgets etc.) back. So that you would basically start with only your knife, goggles and pistol maybe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

steviep831
04-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Lots of good idead floating in this thread. Thought I would list a few I specifically liked and add a few of my own:
1. Shooting around a corner. I must have it back.
2. Jumping up to a ledge by using an adjacent wall. Gets you a little higher. First seen in PT. Yes please.
3. I want the stealth move from PT that enables you to stealthfully pass by a door. Affectionately known as the SWAT move. Loved that move and could have used it a few times in CT.
4. Automatic door closings.... yeah you heard me. In CT, it seems like everytime a guard would go through a door, it would automatically close behind him. If it doesn't automatically close behind me, then why should it close behind the guards?
5. Custom "load out." Great idea. I want to take with me what I think I need....
6. A mission where I can co-op with another splinter cell. It could be squad based-like, but would be really neat. The teammate's AI would have to be good (perhaps when the teamate does not have an immediate order it can find it's way to the nearest complete shadow or something)though since you'll be required to avoid interaction with the enemy. Perhaps this co-op mission could be part of the "framed" idea where you have to enlist the help of a splinter cell friend to come to your aid. Might also be a good way to "get rid" of Sam, if that's what the developers want to do, because he's "too old." I personally think that's what's so great about the story. But what do I know. Anyways, this SC friend could survive SC4 and vow to avenge the death of Sam Fisher.....

Ok those are my thoughts and desires for SC4. I know it'll be awesome though.... can't wait. Until then.... must get 100% on all CT missions!!!

XyZspineZyX
04-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, a First-person camera could make it cooler, like thief for the pc. The camera would be everything sam sees and stuff, but you could get sick from hanging upside-down.

More open levels, and if possible, have an evil genius that knows how to keep spies out, ex: no airducts, smarter guards and heightened security could offer a greater challenge (of course they could always put in a difficulty setting)....

silverlizard
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd love to see one mission where you must infiltate third echelon HQ to get your stuff (weapons, gadgets etc.) back. So that you would basically start with only your knife, goggles and pistol maybe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i especially like this, infiltrating third echelon. and you'd have to find out who was behind it on your own. and yes i miss shooting around corners and the SWAT move too!

steviep831
04-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I will add that being able to shift shoulder positions when aiming the pistol is pure genius. So in essence is aleviates a little the issue of not being able to shoot around corners. But still! Nothing was cooler than sneaking along a wall, coming to the end of it and reaching around to pop the lights out above an enemy! Fun fun fun!

digilopfrog
04-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Mabye sam can retire in this game and possibly take the possition of commander or what ever the owner of the splinter cell thing and inlist a new splintercell, mabye he comes back and you have to beat him to become a splinter cell and then u get all that stuff. Once you become a splintercell you could mabye even go good or bad depending on your mood. That would be awesome like sneak in and steal all ur **** from the splinter cell base and then make an alliance with the bad guys boss and destroy splinter cell. Or go the good guy route and destory the bad guy ither way i just think sc4's gonna kick some major ***!!!

ManHandler
04-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Improved AI...alot more team moves in Multi

Raakile91
04-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Well, personally i think killing sam or changing hiw to another splinter cell would instantly lower the "charm" of the game. I mean I love to play with an old veteran who knows every trick in espionage.

Brownsnakeeyes
04-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I'd like to see a map editor(consoles).

FP would be cool( to look at Opsat push back button and your arm comes up and you do all the other stuff with your other hand).

New tools like a grappling hook would be cool.

Playing the insertion would be good( I'd actually like to be able to drive a boat up to a ship then climb the ladder).

Unlockables( skins,alternate routes)example: getting a code number from a computer in level 8 unlockes a keypad in level 3.

XyZspineZyX
04-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Sam climbing on vitical/horizontal ropes would be cool.... they could be vines.

the swat move should come back, as well as shootn' around corners.

they should allow you to his gas pipes with your gun to blind enemies, or more gas barrels.

hookshot12354
04-20-2005, 06:45 PM
this actually just came to my head and id thought it be kind of cool. an unlockable endurance level. ud start in a room with shadows and things to hide behind and all but no doors or no ways out and enemies would appear. after that u must kill all the enemies. then the next wave. every wave there could be harder enemies and more enemies. just thought that be kinda cool.

iggadore
04-20-2005, 07:18 PM
As much as I like playing as Sam, he is getting pretty old. I know alot of you guys would be disappointed if he left but to make the transition a little bit easier, I was wondering: what if Lambert ends up getting assassinated and instead of retiring, Sam just takes lamberts job or becomes the extremely skilled runner for the new agents.

And I have the sneaking suspicion that there is going to be some sort of rogue agent mission incorporated where Sam gets a never-before seen gun that he's had for a while, like a pistol he kept from the army (I've personally had it with just the SC pistol and SC 20K)

Oh Yea, (and this is the last thing. I swear) I can very easily see Ubisoft do a whole, separate game where Sam is still in the army. I know that by then it becomes something like ghost re-con but i still imagine it would be fairly succesful.

Raakile91
04-21-2005, 05:57 AM
It would be cool to have a lot more places where to shoot with the sc-20k. like when you're hanging from a pipe, you put your legs up and start hanging upside down, you could use your rifle since your both hands are free to use. also you would be able to shoot with the rifle on corners and throw grenades just like in SCPT. you could throw grenades in every situation. when hanging from pipe, (vertical or horisontal(also shoot with your pistol)) when rappeling ect.

iggadore
04-23-2005, 08:10 AM
I didn't know he had kids...

JhonenVasquez
04-23-2005, 09:13 AM
I want Sam to have a team with him and do stuff like open, flash, and clear like Rainbox Six 3 and have tazers also those stinger grenades from SWAT 4.

Raakile91
04-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Sam wouldn't like group action. you have probably heard him say: (was it in PT?) "I work alone."

LoneInTheDark
04-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Yes, Sam has one daughter, I think her name is Sarah. She is mentioned I remember twice in SC1. The second time Lambert asks him he if wants to call her. Sam says no. That disappointed me. He was married to Regan. They met while working for the CIA. They divorced, she thereafter died of ovarian cancer.

LoneInTheDark
04-23-2005, 12:25 PM
I agree, Sam would only work alone. It is so obvious he is not a team player. He has a very hard, cold personality, with a hint of sarcasm in there. He has to be this way, afterall, he is a killer, plain and simple. We love him because he's on our side, if he wasn't he would be a murderer. Right?

Jason-Bourne223
04-23-2005, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 4. Automatic door closings.... yeah you heard me. In CT, it seems like everytime a guard would go through a door, it would automatically close behind him. If it doesn't automatically close behind me, then why should it close behind the guards? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> When you are playing, and you select the option close door, sam doesn't actually put his hand on it, I think that the guards are closing the doors behind themselves.

Btw I like the whole Sam Fisher gets framed Idea. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

silentassasin05
04-23-2005, 05:09 PM
instead of the half split jump + jump, make it so you run up the opposite wall (similar to the split jump) then jump onto the opposite wall, grabbing the ledge. hope that makes sense

XyZspineZyX
04-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I want to see the double jump back in the single player game. That was one of my favorite moves from SC1.

Raakile91
04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I have lots of ideas to add:

I want Sam to have a tazer. Just like the mercs in SvM exept really putting NPC:s unconcious. I
magine that you play SC4 and you are in a split jump position, and there are two guys below you. You don't want jump down to knock one of them down, since the other one would see you. so you use your tazer. The other one would come suspicious, but after that you could knock him out bu jumping onto him or tazering him. the tazer would act just like a knife. (on PC, you would just press the right button in 2 meter radius as well as facing NPC, and Sam would tazer him. Pretty much like using knife up close when next to an enemy.

Also, Sam would be able to use his pistol,tazer (maybe knife) when he is carrying bodies.

Better sc-20k which would have two barrels. other one would shoot the 20mm APDS rounds and other one the 5,56 by 45 mm (or whatever other antipersonnel used caliber), so that you could fire 20mm bullets and normal bullets without changing anything. Also the scope and the reflex sight above the scope. Last, but not least, multipurpose grenade launcher. I know that some of you would be disapointted by forgetting the shotgun, but think a little. No covert ops agent carries or should be carrying a shotgun. At least not unsilenced IMO.

Pistol would now have laser pointer from PT and OCP

(this is not necessary even IMO)
To make the goggles more realistic, remove the electromagnetic vision from it. I bet NO ONE can add even in 2007 to those compact goggles night, thermal and electromagnetic vision plus EEV. It would simply require bigger goggles and that's exatcly what we dont want because Sam's goggles look perfect already, right? I haven't even found that eletromagnetic vision (almost) any good purpose in SP, so I wouldn't be sad if they would remove it.

Suit that doesn't give away any thermal signs. There is even now a material (is it alumine?)that could be used to hide agent from thermal vision cameras and sensors so that those bathhouse merc wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Different loadout. (also for coop) The ninja like suit from PT, (loved that) of course little more cool loking. a pistol, tazer, knife and some gadgets. The good point would be: all the moves that versus spies can perform including: wallrun, and the roll that can be done directly when running. Also every other move the devs may add. Maybe a little faster Sam since now he would be carrying less equipment.

Able to climb zip lines to the opposite direction. (though lot slower)

(Not sure if this is realistic, or even possible)
Climbing gloves (and boots). You get the idea? able to climb certain surfaces. (not all of course)It would add a lot of new ambushes capabilities.

Prone ability. To be able to prone an get cover or sneak around using "low profile". If they do this, I also would like bipod for sc-20k. I don't know. maybe this isn't necessary when you can move in air vents already, but again, it could be very nice add. (probably not for versus mode though because totally useless)

Swimming. another ability which im not sure if optional, but could be fun.

A real gas mask. Definetly cool loking compact type. Otherwise forget it. also able to collect oxygen from water, so you could dive as long as you want.

So basically I wan't Sam's equipment,arsenal and moves upgraded. Let me know what you guys think. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Derwen_Llewelyn
04-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Fatigue and damage system. (only in expert mode!!)

Raakile91
04-26-2005, 10:28 PM
I forgot to say, If someone has already posted idea you also thought about, feel free to discuss from it. Still the main idea for this discussion is to think of new ideas. A way you can make ideas up is to play the game and see what really bother you and you want it to be removed/upgraded in SC4.

XyZspineZyX
04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
1)Swat Turn

2)Shooting Around Corners

3)In the sticky camera mode, it should show the distance of the object you are focusing in on

4)A plot topic i came up with. Please give me some feedback:

China, Russia, and North Korea declare war on South Korea.
Mission 1-A Chinese Military Base
-(Main Obj.)Find whereabouts of General Kobiyashi
Mission 2-A Chinese Nuclear War-Ship
-(Main Obj.)Interrogate and Eliminate General Kobiyashi
Mission 3-A (made-up) Chicago-based Security company(kind-of like displace)
-(Main Obj.)Capture Marvin Berbank(Head of Security Company)
*Terrorist attack on sears tower*
Mission 4-A Bank in Chicago
-(Main Obj.)Gain access to transaction files between Berbank and company b.
Mission 5-Russian Head of Government Building
-(Main Obj.)Interrogate Alexander Sergei(receiver of transactions)
Thats all I have right now. Please give me some feedback, good or bad.

maartendraayer6
04-27-2005, 03:03 PM
There are only two things I want most:

1. A suit selection. I hate the ninja suit, and in SCCT I mostly play the maps with the Old-School suit.

2. An Offline game and a Online game, that would be: the Online game has more online maps, the Offline game more, MUCH, more single player maps! gotta love that right??

Give me youre thoughts

warl0rdc
04-27-2005, 06:13 PM
-a better made coop, actually i think SC4 might be totally coop or a good part of it.
like we could start the game with sam, and because he's "getting too old for this ****" he might get caught or badly injured (or both) and then we would have to rescue him in coop because he got too much intel to fall into the enemy's hands (or something) and then he retire and help thoses two noobs by voice sometimes, that would make much more coop missions we would NEED to complete to be able to access the next one, (i wish we would already need to complete the training in chaos's coop and at least complete the seoul mission in single player to be able to play coop that would prevent noobs from playing missions when they dont even know how to play.. and personnally i dont really feel like teaching when the game might crash in any second..)

-no more random vpu recover when i play (wich sometimes leads to a total crash or a failed recover)

-being able to actually select exactly what weapon mod and ammo and grenades we want to use in missions (who use "assault" anyway? **** i did only 65% in expert for the bathhouse with the stealth config :/ )

-more mods for the sc2000k

-remove the useless electromagnetic vision, or make it usefull :/ (maybe some downloadable special maps for coop? for chaos?)

-the optical camo from shadownet in single player
(i'll really feel like a predator.. thermal vision.. optical camo.. give me 5th freedom and i start the hunt! lol)

-alternative endings with alternative paths to get there, also, the single player could infulence coop.

like, you complete an objective with sam in sp, and then it helped the guys in coop, if you dont complete the objective, it's harder in coop.

we could start the game in single player and then have to finish it in coop like i already said, BUT, we could do some coop missions BEFORE completely finishing single player, that mean some mission in coop could influence single player too! if you complete an objective and a mission in coop it could help sam and even make one of HIS objective doable and allow to make 100%, that way we would have to play sp and coop alternatively to finish the game completely. (and that would be another thing that could prevent hacking, unless they make some kind of private server &gt;.&lt; but it seems that starforce is more than enough, no one managed to crack chaos theory for now)

-the ability to choose suits and suit's options like we could chose weapon mod, like thermal hiding or optical camo.

-a device that allows to tap cameras in the mission and make them available in the opsat.

-put the spy bullet from shadownet in single player/coop to know the positions of the guards and hear them. or a device to hack their radio frequency.

-the fish screensaver, when you pause the game too long ^^

-other enemy spies who hunt you (well i almost thought the two ISDF special forces were some kind of coop japanese splinter cells ^^ ) i dont know how an ai would do all what we can do though..

-put back the "3 alarms and the mission is over"

no i'm joking ^^

-i wish my bullets could shoot through that **** wood and paper door in the bathhouse.. sooo.. make better materials and physics next time ^^ thoses materials in chaos are great but.. sometimes it's weird (thermal can't see through windows but it can see through a big chunk of wood??) also more destructable surroundings (a guard come and see the hole and.. "what the hell? who shot through that door??" "mmh maybe it was nothing.." "yeah maybe a bullet got lost and went through that door alone")

-why why why sam is invisible in the dark with thoses 3 **** LIGHTS on his head and that LIGHT in the back? just put a some big neons saying "hey i'm here!" and make the terrorists pass near him and dont notice. &gt;.&lt;

-the idea about infiltrating echelon3's headquarters or the NSA is nice but it would need a pretty serious reason to do that (a spy in the NSA?) and i really dont see sam or lambert getting evil...

XBOXman16
04-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I personally like the idea of the coop-single player mix, but what would the people do that did not have someone to play the coop levels with?

warl0rdc
04-28-2005, 02:05 AM
i dont know about you but i always find someone to play with in coop ^^

Raakile91
04-28-2005, 08:03 AM
yeah, but those who cant play coop because it's buggy can't even complete singleplayer.

warl0rdc
04-28-2005, 08:07 AM
i guess they would have changed the connecting method or made coop less buggy by that time ^^

Raakile91
04-28-2005, 08:13 AM
I like the idea that sam faces other highly trained special forces veterans and must defeat them. It would really test Sam's (I mean your's) abilities. the last missions (maybe aginst clock, don't know how much everyone like this) would be to high security places with elite guards. A map where assault is out of the picture. You simpy couldn't beat the map if alarm is triggered because guards would have high tech assault rifles an bulletproofs. Also they would hunt you in packs so defeating them would be a big challenge, even with the upgrades i listed before. (thermal vision fooling suit better SC-20k etc.)

Wanted_1
04-28-2005, 09:00 AM
1. First and foremost, I would like to see the implementation of a munitions weight system that affects Sam€s overall performance and swiftness. For this to work effectively, one must properly configure their payload according to how they€d want to play the game. In example, if you wanted to be a silent and swift spy, you should have the option of configuring your payload to say, a knife and pistol, which would ultimately make Sam a lot faster in the field and possibly open up the spectrum to a few more moves and animations. Now, say you wanted to be a one-man army and bring along or take every available weapon you saw in the field. This latter option would slow Sam down€"not considerable€"but would add an extra layer of difficulty, say in the form of additional noises.

2. The ability of using field weapons and/or situational interactive environments used as an additional interrogation tactic.

3. Visible transforms and alterations to Sam€s suit. Not suggestion cuts or traces of smeared blood, but if Sam is crawling through dirty air vents and shimmy the sides of disgusting buildings, then his suit should show visible changes of grime and debris€"which, of course, could be altered once again by clean water. This could open up an additional caveat about Sam€s character€"he€s neurotic.

4. A standby mode for Sam€s goggles, which changes and dims the visibility of the three circles. Its completely silly how the developer(s) or personality in charge of the Sam Fisher blog refers to Metal Gear Solid as a €œfictional€ piece of work, yet in this game built on realism, Sam runs around with three green circles on his head€"in pitch blackness€"and no one so much as budges a muscle or inquires about said€"waist-high€"goggles. Yeah, um, okay, that€s real alright.

5. Interactive environments. How many times have you snuck up behind an enemy, yoked him for information, then knocked him out, only to realize the added realism of placing him back in his security desk€"propped/placed in a chair€"has been stripped away from you for some unknown technical reason? That€s completely dumb€"again€"for a game that wants to welter itself in realism. There should be a €œprop€ option for certain instances and/or locations. If there€s a cot in a room with an neighboring bad guy, I should be able to knockout said baddy and prop him onto the bed, which, of course, look as if he were sleeping on the job and not/or might alarm other enemies.

6. Careful placed adverts. Listen, I don€t mind the advertisements or cross promotion of products and services. But if these reference are going to be placed throughout the game, then there should be done in a tactful and logical manner. I mean, c€mon now, a War of the World€s and Aeon Flux poster on a non-American battleship in the middle of the ocean displaying movies with U.S.A. release dates? Those two ads would have made more sense if placed in the New York City locations. I blame that gaffe on the director of marketing and US beta testers.

7. A designated button for screenshots. Do I really have to explain this request? Yeah, I didn€t think so.

8. Rewards for obtaining 100 percent compete. Personally, I would like to see rewards in the way of added suits, equipment, and interrogational tactics.

9. Electromagnetic vision needs some work/a stronger purpose.

10. Gratuitous blood. We€re going for realism, right? If I emptied a 30-round magazine clip into a human body, I except to see gallons of blood. Unless of course the body was a human cadaver. Was this game made hand and hand with the ESRB rating committee?

11. Did I mention interactive environments? Ah, just checking.

12. Co-op mode€"needs additional maps, a user-friendly layout, and an intuitive messaging system.

13. Limited collectors edition should have restricted or limited contain€"not readily available Internet content or enclosed music and videos that are available to all others. I once again blame the marketing director for this false advertisement of limited wares. Y€know, a Sam Fisher post card or NSA mini guidebook would have done just nicely€"even though this 25-year-old would have never read it more than once.

Fin.

Wanted_1

devil2demon
04-28-2005, 09:17 AM
How 'bout a map in CO-OP....simple

Dangerous_388
04-28-2005, 10:10 AM
I want more COOP maps aswell

steviep831
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Derwen_Llewelyn:
Fatigue and damage system. (only in expert mode!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rock on. That's an amazing idea. Would make you seek out the medikits more. Heck I can't remember using ONE for SCCT, but a bad drop; for example: entering the fan shaft at the start of Displace (ouch, yeah I fell and proud of it!) would make me search out a medikit so that I could continue the mission at full strength versus continuing at half strength and being unable to move as fast, or unable to move along the wall as effecively (perhaps, not giving you the added invisibility of crouching against the wall).

This is a really good idea. Republic Commando does something like this, though it's superficial- it doesn't actually impede movements- only a graphical representation of you limping. Someone should look into this.

spyder93090
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
When sam talks to lambert through his subdermal or w/e and sam is right next to an NPC i want him to say something like, "Hold on lambert, lemme take care of this first." how you ever noticed he could just talk 2 lambert when standing directly behind a guard ? and if theres a CE again, I want some REAL exclusiive stuff not ones that are all on the website. And how bout a wall kill, after you're done interrogating if you use lethal kill, he should take the guys head and bash it against the wall.

Secretaznman
04-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I personally want more life-like action. When I mean "life-like" I mean pools of blood below the victims body when you kill them (like in the Metal Gear Series). I think that more realistic gameplay will make it more challenging, but a lot cooler. Sorry if this idea was already posted, I didn't read all of the posts.

Raakile91
04-28-2005, 10:55 PM
I still think spies should hav the chance of a knife or pistol in versus. I had a discuss about lethal gear for spies a long time ago. I think the gents there didn't actually understand my point. I think you all maybe thinking: "That's madness! The spies would just shoot mercs in the head from shadows!" No, definetly no. I don't want to unbalance the game. Let's make this clear. The pistol would kill at once a full health merc if it would hit the hud. It would have the veeery slow OCP to disable lasers. i mean, lots of time lost if you would'n use the chaff. And the pistol would be just as inaccurate as Sams. Little ammo. Spies would need to resupply their ammo from ammoboxes. next: the knife. It wouldn't be as deadly as Sams knife. A stab would kill merc instantly only from behind. Of course Tazer should be uprgaded too. maybe it would disable the hud always, not only if it hits the head. and headshot would maybe harm the merc. only the first bullet would be harmful that the spies would not kill the mercs so easily. Now the spies disadvantages: remove the insane amount of health they have. no regeneration. the enrgy bar would deplete faster so the camosuit would not be so powerful because you could shoot with your pistol when camouflaged. The mercs advantages: think the SMG beast p90. 900rpm AKA 15 bullets in a second with full auto. so one accurate burst could easily kill the spy. that would be the mercs smb probably. (with sight to increase accuracy. shotgun would be semiautomatic. a spy doom from up close. rifle would use high caliber bullets to kill a spy with few shots, and it would also shoot about 10 bullets in a second, more accurately than the SMG. I think it would be balanced that way. let me know what you think.

warl0rdc
04-29-2005, 03:46 AM
i dont think spies will ever use guns..
i dont really like spy vs merc, it's totally not like splinter cell, too fast, the spies are too agressive, they cant hide much.

for the blood, in real life you dont get a big pool of blood when you kill someone, but that depends on how you kill, and that would be interesting to add in the next splinter cell, if you want to kill someone you would have to hide his body first and then kill him, or else the guards would be able to see the blood on the floor and even follow it.
same for sam, when he's hit he should bleed and guards should be able to follow him (as long as they can see the blood)

Malleus.
04-30-2005, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Derwen_Llewelyn:

For the enemies too! I find it kinda strange when you shoot a guy in the chest and he keeps running around...

Dalamari09
04-30-2005, 05:09 PM
A different versus mode, something more like coop where you can actually kill the mercenary and the merc maybe looks less like RoboCop and more like a...soldier...

Derwen_Llewelyn
05-01-2005, 08:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Malleus.:

For the enemies too! I find it kinda strange when you shoot a guy in the chest and he keeps running around... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I KNOW what you'r talking about!
Once i've shot a guy, (on his neck) and he ran away howling and screaming. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

...*wolfs howl*

Next time i'll try some holy water, and silver bullets.

Or if nothing else works...the wooden stake. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Raakile91
05-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Definetly better textures for SvM (and of course, less buggy).

But, the main thing I posted this is to ask from Ubisoft about the SC4. Will you even try to make any of these ideas to SC4. !!To all the moderators!!, if you know that some development is going on and have the right to tell us about it, please go ahead!

halo_99
05-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Replacing the lethal attack with the non-lethal attack, like instead of the *hmmff* sound, it would be a small cracking noise, like it would be breaking a neck.

The lethal attack doens't look like a lethal attack at all, actually

Dalamari09
05-01-2005, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Halo_99:
Replacing the lethal attack with the non-lethal attack, like instead of the *hmmff* sound, it would be a small cracking noise, like it would be breaking a neck.

The lethal attack doens't look like a lethal attack at all, actually </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a good lethal attack! Sam can take his gun out and pop two in the head, that would be a cool one!

Chaos_is_coming
05-01-2005, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silverlizard:
i kind of like the idea of a game story where sam is framed for something terrible, and has to go rogue to clear his name. he'd have to really rely on his wits and skill, wouldnt have the benifit of his usual help, and might have to contact old friends for help to clear his name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like that idea, and Sam would have to sneak through US cities on a high-speed chase from the goverment, but this time he has to buy weapons from stores! And no googles!

Raakile91
05-02-2005, 07:43 AM
more silencced close combat kills/knockdowns would be a nice add too...

lots of city outdoor maps (not like seoul) like a stealth mission inside Los Angeles or some other city with lots of people and beatches where realistic weather effects and game engine would definetly put to a test. lost of alternate paths to use etc. Missions pretty much everyrwere in the world. Indonesia, Ameica, Europe, Australia... You get the idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Splinterz_1
05-03-2005, 02:37 AM
* Different insertion points in every level.
be able to choose where you want to be inserted in a level. for example: before you start the misssion, you see a picture of the level with 3 or 4 different insertion points and you can select wich one you want.

Raakile91
05-03-2005, 10:29 AM
The ability to hack retinal scanners and computers in SvM. Maybe spies would have EEV:s instead of binoculars. Also singleplayer like automated turrets for mercs advantage. (Exept if spies would hack the turrets and use them against the mercs. Of course mercs would be able to switch turret/turrets settings back to normal from a control room.)

In singleplayer, Sam could sneak up on enemies from behind, grab his gun, and say like: "Put your hands in the air son so that nobody gets hurt." In this situation, Sam could interrogate him, tell him to use computers, open locks, kinda forced cooperation without grabbing him. But, if Sam would turn his back on the guy who he interrogates/uses forced cooperation, The guy would take his gun and shoot at Sam. Think that you are interrogating someone. Then another guard sees you, and starts shooting. You must shoot back, and when you do, the guy wo you were interrogating starts to shoot also. Pretty annoying situation right?

(almost forgot. this should be added tho coop aswell.)

Raakile91
05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
I forgot this. The ability to throw the knife in singleplayer/coop (also in SvM, if the knife is included in it. Read one of my earlier posts for more info).

Epicurus_13
05-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Splitscreen in Spies vs. Mercs. Yeah baby.

theBody44
05-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I would like to see a more storyline oriented single player (like Prince of Persia) - let me explain.

So your team drops you off in the nearest safe place. Then its up to you to get to the mission objective, find time/places to sleep, food to eat, search for informants and contacts and all that stuff. This way, you would be controlled completely by the passing of time but be free to roam anywhere in the game at any time. Granted, this would require a lot more dynamic loading, but it would provide much more flexibility and less linearity of the game. There could be shortcuts to certain objectives; you could interact with civilians along the way; you could use the element of disguise durring the day for recon and then come back to places at night for infiltration and such. You know, something that would play more like a movie or a book. It would require a lot more work on UBI's part, but I just think it would be sweet!

Jason-Bourne223
05-03-2005, 01:59 PM
What I DONT want to see in Splinter Cell 4: Master Chief http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Raakile91
05-03-2005, 10:46 PM
What I DONT WANT to see in Splinter Cell 4: Solid Snake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Derwen_Llewelyn
05-04-2005, 01:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theBody44:
I would like to see a more storyline oriented single player (like Prince of Persia) - let me explain.

So your team drops you off in the nearest safe place. Then its up to you to get to the mission objective, find time/places to sleep, food to eat, search for informants and contacts and all that stuff. This way, you would be controlled completely by the passing of time but be free to roam anywhere in the game at any time. Granted, this would require a lot more dynamic loading, but it would provide much more flexibility and less linearity of the game. There could be shortcuts to certain objectives; you could interact with civilians along the way; you could use the element of disguise durring the day for recon and then come back to places at night for infiltration and such. You know, something that would play more like a movie or a book. It would require a lot more work on UBI's part, but I just think it would be sweet! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this one! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

f16cxv
05-04-2005, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theBody44:

So your team drops you off in the nearest safe place. Then its up to you to get to the mission objective, find time/places to sleep, food to eat, search for informants and contacts and all that stuff. This way, you would be controlled completely by the passing of time but be free to roam anywhere in the game at any time. Granted, this would require a lot more dynamic loading, but it would provide much more flexibility and less linearity of the game. There could be shortcuts to certain objectives; you could interact with civilians along the way; you could use the element of disguise durring the day for recon and then come back to places at night for infiltration and such. You know, something that would play more like a movie or a book. It would require a lot more work on UBI's part, but I just think it would be sweet! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm, might make a better "Bourne Identity" game...but I think it's not "splinter cell like" in the fact that you don't get dropped off in the vincinity, do your mission and come out, but it's worth a try I suppose...

Raakile91
05-04-2005, 08:00 AM
mulpiple skins not only for sigleplayer, but also for coop and SvM. Skin editor included in the game. admin has the right to deny unofficial skins in coop and SvM. Think that you and your play coop with Sam's old school suits. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

IllumiC.A.T.
05-04-2005, 08:08 AM
I would like bigger maps without linear gameplay and a search and destroy alarm (like metal gear 2) where the enemy would put on armor and heavy heapons and search the room..I would also like sam to be able to hide in lockers ect. Maybe is because I like metal gear soo much

Raakile91
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM
the laser pointer from Pandora Tomorrow for sc20k and pistol. Pistol also has OCP (sorry for posting this again, just want to explain it more.) OCP would affect on longer on electomagnetic stuff. The laser pointer woult use IR (infrared) technology so it would only be seen with nightvision. adds a lot more accuracy, but enemies with NV goggles could see the dot it creates. Half splitjump back. Enemies would also have more hightech kit and gadget in the last levels. NV, laser pointer, Special forces used landwarrior rifles, high value bulletproofs etc.

stealthmaster736
05-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I want to be able to choose a fully custom load out.I would like to go through a whole level without any equipment whatsoever(Sam would sorta look like how he does when you get captured).

Raakile91
05-06-2005, 01:30 AM
Autoupdater for SP/versus/coop which would download patches and maps so that you would not need to search the net, download and extract.

Raakile91
05-06-2005, 01:55 AM
About what I've posted about the mission locations, Iwould like to have one in Iraq, Iran, or Israel and idea would be like: an american or european terrorist has fled to middle-east and you must capture him alive. No civilians may spot you or get killed. We would probably see some cool weather and sand effects.

And I want to make sure that I don't skip any of your posts if you think you don't gen any attention. I can't promise to reply all the ideas you guys have post. Simply: If I agree completely/near completely, I don't reply. If I disagree, I let you know. Good posts, make sure you dig up more ideas. (I'm sorry if some of you are completely fed up with my "posting encouragements", but I just think that some of you haven't told your opinion. Tell me if I'm wrong, and I will stop posting these) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

warl0rdc
05-06-2005, 02:21 AM

sounds like deus ex, it would be a good idea ^^
but the recon and disguise stuff is not really fit for sam IMO..

Raakile91
05-06-2005, 06:49 AM
I agree with warlord, Sam doesn't use disguise, He uses other infiltration techniques: not been seen at all.

Raakile91
05-06-2005, 10:42 AM
I think Ubisoft needs to also focus on the storyline. Just like Mafia, I loved the story. The only scene what blew me away was the Shetland's betrayal. I mean everyone want's to have memorable things about his/her favourite game. Good music is one key. Those action cutscenes also work well IMO.

Raakile91
05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
"improved camo". It would not turn off when moving fast or when spy is in the rain. it would be like 75% disabled in the rain, therefore offering tiny camouflage still. When running 60% disabled, walking 25%, croutch running 30%, croutch walking 10%, rolling 80%, croutch rolling 45%, staying still 0%, falling big distances 95%, zip line fast 45%, zip line slow 25%, climbing pipes 20%. 0% would mean you're invisible. The rain negative effects would stack with moving negative effects so walking in the rain would disable camosuit entirely. It would not disable if spy gets hurt.

Also the unrealistic movement of rolling should be fixed. If you roll (standing) you should be able to kinda "jump" over some short abysses or holes.

iggadore
05-06-2005, 04:20 PM
I wanna see camo in singleplayer and coop,
And i miss being able to shoot out cameras

warl0rdc
05-07-2005, 05:04 AM
there's one scene i liked in PT, when you are in the elevator and suddenly lambert tell you to kill the girl, that really give the.. "soldier feeling", it's an order, you dont know why but you have to do it, even if it's an unarmed woman, even if she helped you.
in that scene, if you do it, you have to avoid cops for the extraction, if you dont, you have to avoid her and some snipers, and the conversation between lambert and sam is different.
there should be more scenes like that ^^

iggadore
05-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Why haven't they actually put camo into singleplayer yet&gt;

Raakile91
05-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Well, if you get camo for singleplayer, I think that SP would turn out to be so easy that it would ruin the game. Besides, versus takes place 4 years after in the year 2011 so the camosuit is maybe a prototype just developed. (as well as the health regeneration suit)

LoneInTheDark
05-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Self regenerating suit.....I hear Halo calling!
Good idea!

Raakile91
05-08-2005, 03:51 AM
Previously posted by Stealthmaster736:

I want to be able to choose a fully custom load out.I would like to go through a whole level without any equipment whatsoever(Sam would sorta look like how he does when you get captured).

Not only fully customisable weapons loadout, but also customisable bulletproof, helmet etc. So if you want to play assault style, you take lots of ammo and gadgets + bulletproof, helmet. in this case sam would stand multiple shots and could take down pretty many guys. The downside would be the weight of his gear and it would slow him down. Also I want to SEE those magazines and grenades when I play, so if you take as many gadgets as Sam can carry, He must look like a versus merc. Take almost nothing, and he would look like spy.

xbox786
05-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Sam should be able to steal enemies clothes and use them as disguise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

SABU1111
05-08-2005, 07:19 AM
1. Different KO/kill moves. For example, when you grab an enemy one time you press the right trigger and Sam cracks his neck, the next time he stabs him in the spine and the third time he cuts his throat. Same goes for other times like when in front of, to the side of or behind any enemy.

2. Bigger, more open levels. Different plans you could pick for the mission that would fluidly adapt depending upon what you did. For example, you choose a plan where you get into a building by getting onboard a truck, but you miss the truck so you have to pick another way inside.

3. More levels.

4. Bring back back to wall shooting, shooting out cameras, a laser on the pistol and rifle and the half split jump.

5. Realistic object physics. Certain walls and doors could be shot through with the sniper, 5.56 rifle and enemy weapons. Wooden things should break and splinter.

6. A better storyline, particuarly ending. And don't reveal all the missions on the webisite before the game is released!

iggadore
05-08-2005, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raakile91:
Well, if you get camo for singleplayer, I think that SP would turn out to be so easy that it would ruin the game. Besides, versus takes place 4 years after in the year 2011 so the camosuit is maybe a prototype just developed. (as well as the health regeneration suit) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/article/0,20967,1007163,00.html
click on the link im number 10.

Raakile91
05-08-2005, 11:06 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Click what link? where? please explain better.

iggadore
05-08-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/article/0,20967,1007163,00.html Click on that link

When the page loads scroll down to the last item on the list. there will be a link in that paragraph that says invisible cloak. Click on that link.

Grendels04
05-08-2005, 07:43 PM
An add-on to someone's idea about about Sam having to go rogue and infiltrate 3rd Echelon (which I thought was really cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) . . . one of Shetland's last uses of the Masse kernals and their encryption capabilities to plant false evidence incriminating Sam.

I'd also like more interaction with civilians and be able to interrogate someone without having to knock them afterwards.

Raakile91
05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
The ability to change gadgets in versus between lives. Also you could make your own default configs for different maps and game modes, so in acuarius story, you could have default gadget settings as a merc: uzi, frag, mine, gas mask and camnet. In DM, you could have: shotgun, frag, tazer, mine gasmask. Of course you could make your own and save them so they would turn automatically.

And iggadore, I know that there is even now a prototype "camosuit" but that is much more clumsy and ineffective as the versusmode's, And it only works into one direction (I suppose). I don't think that helps you as much as "the real camosuit" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Raakile91
05-10-2005, 05:48 AM
1) They should add those inverted neckbrakes/snaps into versus.

2) Also humanshield shooting with tazer.

3) And I personally hate that you can't pull a guy from anywhere else than the ledge with the fence. I mean you really need that fence to suddenly rise up and pull mecs down. Also I'd like if spy could pull a merc by climbing up that fence so if a merc passes from it, in the right timing, when you climb up, it would pull him down. Then he would have chance to back off before you climb up and grab him. Of course spies would be able to climb over it faster, o that it would ever work. And now the lenght of the fall would matter. the longer the fall, the more damage it would do. If not killing the merc, then knocking him for a few seconds. Also for singleplayer and coop.

4) I bet some of you want to be able to kick and backflip off from a vertical pipe when you are climbing on it. It would look like a wallrun, but offering ability to reach a higher spot, because if you kick off the pipe just like in wallrun, spys body then spins 180 degrees, he would be able to grab a ledge which is higher. also kick off and ambush a merc below.

4) when hanging from a horizontal pipe or ledge, the spy would be able kick and knock out a merc from below. also tie his legs on mercs face and crack their neck.

5) (definetly sorry if this is posted before) all the coop moves to versus. even all the new one if any new ones are coming. To make the mercs job easier, they would be able to repair some of the things that spies have broken and the opposite: if spies have constructed something to aid their work, mercs could destroy them.

6) If you use the "light beam" or whatever to merc/spy using nightvision in missile silo map, it would blind him just like a flashbang

This is not an idea, this is guide to posting in this discussion. If you post something like: "new coopmoves" then explain that kind of. If you post like "improved AI" then explain what should be improved in your opinion. So if you post something, make sure it has some kind of explanation or details. Sorry for my bad english, hope you get the idea from my posts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Raakile91
05-13-2005, 07:58 AM
ATC maybe for coop aswell...

ox Se7eN xo
05-13-2005, 09:34 AM
i'm not really sure what i want to see in Splinter Cell 4

but i am 100% sure of what i'd NOT like to see AFTER Splinter Cell 4

and that's morons who will make threads saying "So, what you guys wanna see in Splinter Cell 5?!"

i hope for the sake of this thread that they DONT bring out an SC4 and make a sequel to XIII instead

Green_Day_Rocks
05-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Sam should be able to kick people.

Green_Day_Rocks
05-13-2005, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i hope for the sake of this thread that they DONT bring out an SC4 and make a sequel to XIII instead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubi Soft has already said they will make another Splinter Cell.

Green_Day_Rocks
05-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Also they should bring back the SWAT turn.

Raakile91
05-14-2005, 06:01 AM
maybe the developers removed swat turn because it's unrealistic IMO. I don't think that move makes you almost invisible...

ox Se7eN xo
05-14-2005, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Green_Day_Rocks:
Ubi Soft has already said they will make another Splinter Cell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you got proof of that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ChaosPandora767
05-14-2005, 07:37 AM
I agree new levels!

XBOXman16
05-14-2005, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:
Originally posted by Green_Day_Rocks:
Ubi Soft has already said they will make another Splinter Cell.

you got proof of that? Indifferent

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right here
splinter cell 4 (http://www.gamestats.com/objects/736/736170/)

capteenix
05-14-2005, 10:53 AM
well...i want to see Sam using enemies weapons, more coop and good storyline

i dont wanna see bad storyline as in PT, Sam dying.

Wait... is sc4 coming for xbox only?! noo..for we poor PC people

Raakile91
05-15-2005, 05:19 AM
I bet it's coming also for PC. Because what's the idea? If it would not come for pc, Ubisoft would lose almost 30% from the overall incomes. Don't worry about it. Ubisoft ain't that stupid (or evil) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Raakile91
05-15-2005, 05:28 AM
Maybe Ubisoft could add a coop tournament for clans or team shadownet. So two clans need to play coop against them like: first the C.A.T. clan would play some coop map. The idea is to complete a coop map as fast as possible, and then the other clan would play the same map again. If both teams get the same success rating, (100% for example) the clan that beated the map faster would win. if other clan get's less points, It would simply lose. the other clan would spectate the other one the whole mission time. That would add some serious replay value for clans in coop. also a coop tournament ladder for the main website along with the familiar versus ladder which already is there. What do you think? (specially wait responds from clan members)

Green_Day_Rocks
05-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I read it at a website somewhere. There aren't any details yet but I can't wait

Green_Day_Rocks
05-15-2005, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i dont wanna see bad storyline as in PT, Sam dying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did Sam die in Pandora Tomorrow?

Raakile91
05-16-2005, 06:20 AM
How did Sam die in PT? But that's impossible. If Sam died in PT then how is he alive in CT.

(I own only SC:CT so I don't have a clue about the storyline in PT or the original splinter cell. P layed the demos though)

capteenix
05-16-2005, 06:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Green_Day_Rocks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i dont wanna see bad storyline as in PT, Sam dying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did Sam die in Pandora Tomorrow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
he means bad storyline as in PT and sam dying IN the future releases of Sc games, NOT as in PT.

ox Se7eN xo
05-16-2005, 06:52 AM
why did you put "he" when it was you who made that post?

weird,

and Splinter Cell 4 isnt just out for XBox 360, its comoing out for EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING,

GC
XBox
XBox 360
PS2
PS3
PSP

everything

Raakile91
05-16-2005, 10:39 AM
YOU FORGOT PC! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif (no offense)

ox Se7eN xo
05-16-2005, 10:46 AM
and PC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Mister_Pen
05-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Two ideas:

1: If Sam gets spotted by a guard, then you can kill him without losing points. This makes sense, because Sam isn't really supposed to exist, is he? On the flipside, you would lose a ton of points for killing a guard who is oblivious to your presence.

2: A "surrender" option in coop. The way it would work is, you activate it, and your avitar's hands go up. The guard(s) won't shoot as long as you are like this and don't move. Meanwhile, your buddy can stealthily come to your rescue. So that would be, in essence, a hostage rescue situation spawned out of midair.

iggadore
05-16-2005, 02:07 PM
I like the surrender idea for coop, and I think It'd be fun to make guards surrender and just tie em up somewhere lk in rainbow six 3

I also think it would be AWESOME if his goggles added in a sort of Xray vision, so he can see through walls and doors better. Could also be used to find objectives more easily

And as much as i've used the map, I don't like it ,feels like cheating.

psyichic
05-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Well I want to see a few new moves! And features

I want to see the knife leave some sort of blood trail that leaves a gaurd suspicious so that you must be careful with your knife.

I also want to see enemies not remainging KOed indefinately. THat is annoying that you can KO someone they can remain asleep for hours you can shoot them in the leg. They dont wake up then a buddy taps them with their foot and they wake up. Bad

Make a KO last for about 10 mins. Then add new features for it. Give sam a sedative that you can carry a limited supply of and you can give to people to keep them KOed throught the round. Also dont make killing lose you points. Make it so that if the kill looks accidental or unintentional you dont loose points. Cmon I mean a guy patrolling on a metal balcony of a lighthouse in a thunderstorm and with a broken handrail could be considered a slip if you fell off it. Also pushing people over ledges.

Another feautre to add to the KO would be like an unseen KO like if you do a non-lethal attack from behind Sam currently punches the enemy in the temple or if an Airfoil hits them the person had no idea someone was near them. So if they are found and they dont know what happened the gaurds dont automatically assume someone is attacking unless: the guy was shot, he was you, you grabbed him then KOed him, you sticky shocked him, he is found a LONG way from his original KO position, he was KOed multiple times, there was already an alarm about an intruder.

Just my ideas.

Raakile91
05-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Very good ideas psyichic. I like those a lot. Also Mr. pen's "surrender" thing feels good. And last but not least, Sabu's point that do not reveal all the missions before the game comes out, I definetly agree. Ubisoft should post only some screenshots and few trailers IMO like "closer trailer" and "I believe trailer".

Mister_Pen
05-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Iggadore, I can't see your Xray Vision idea as being realistic enough. However, in the book, Sam does have a fluorescent mode, which let's him see where there have been dust disturbances. This helps him find secret compartments and trapdoors, and even let's him spot footprints.

aHandThatFeeds
05-17-2005, 12:01 PM
they should bring back the laser sight on your pistol from PT and add it to the SC: 20K as well. I loved making those pinpoint shots, thee new target recticles in CT just arn't accurate enough.

Raakile91
05-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Previously posted by aHandThatFeeds:

they should bring back the laser sight on your pistol from PT and add it to the SC: 20K as well. I loved making those pinpoint shots, thee new target recticles in CT just arn't accurate enough.

You're absolutely right. I've found myself often trying to take a headshot, but then the reticle screws the whole thing. (though not anymore, I haven't used bullets in a long time) cause it lower your missionrating instanly if you hit/get spotted.

pavo6503
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I've seen more than a few digs at MGS on this site. No problem really, but...

""improved camo". It would not turn off when moving fast or when spy is in the rain. it would be like 75% disabled in the rain, therefore offering tiny camouflage still. When running 60% disabled, walking 25%, croutch running 30%, croutch walking 10%, rolling 80%, croutch rolling 45%, staying still 0%, falling big distances 95%, zip line fast 45%, zip line slow 25%, climbing pipes 20%. 0% would mean you're invisible. The rain negative effects would stack with moving negative effects so walking in the rain would disable camosuit entirely. It would not disable if spy gets hurt."

This sounds a LOT like the camo index in MGS3.

Someone else mentioned bleeding/injured guards. They did that in MGS2.

Knocking guards out with drugs. Snake uses tranquilizer darts in MGS2.

Tazers and stun-guns, Gabe Logan uses them in Syphon Filter.

Laying prone. Solid Snake has been hitting the dirt since Snake's Revenge on the MSX.

Infiltrate the agency. This one has Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter all over it.

You guys seem to want a mix of Syphon Filter and MGS.

Here's what I want in the next Splinter Cell game: FUN.

I'd also like to see the split jump (which is needlessly difficult in real life and looks silly in the game) replaced with a rock climbing technique for climbing "chimneys". Chimneys on cliff faces are best compared to two parallel walls within 4 feet of each other, like a hallway or door in your home. Now, you can actually try this, brace yourself between the walls with your hands and hop up. Before you come back to earth, catch yourself with your feet by bracing them on the walls. Scoot your hands up, scoot your feet up. Repeat until your head hits the ceiling or you decide to come back down. Just about anyone can do this, I did it all the time as a child. I can still do it in my 30s. Now try Sam's split jump. I bet you sprain an ankle before you pull it off.

Surrender in multiplayer? As soon as I saw an enemy surrender in a game I'd shoot him in the face then spin around a split before his buddy can save him. Or I'd kill his buddy... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Nice try, but no cigar.

Here's something I want to see less of, those annoying signatures. Why do I have to waste time downloading the same piece of fan-art 10 times on a page? Really, it's pretty sad.

Oh, yeah, make Splinter Cell more fun. It's pretty boring.

Raakile91
05-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Request applied Savo, i no longer use signatures in this discussion. I know what you mean. No sigs from me anymore (exept few) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Raakile91
05-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Also pavo, that surrender option would only be in coop and that maybe wouldn't work if the guards/camera would have spotted 2 spies earlier in the mission because now they would know that his partner would ambush him if he sees a spy raising his hands.

Another idea: fully qustomizible versusmode loadout. so that you could take F.E. 6 sticky cams, 2 alrmsnares, 7 spy bullets and camo. It would add a bunch of new good loadout combinations.

Raakile91
05-19-2005, 04:42 AM
(Sorry for forgotting to say this idea in the last post.)

I mentioned before an upgraded sc-20k what would no longer switch attachments. I said that there would be no shotgun, but I came to another better idea. I don't know if I came up with too unrealistic sci-fi gun but whatever. Okay, this gun would hae two barrels. the upper barrel would shoot the 5.56 by 45 mm NATO antipersonnel cartridge. the lower one would shoot those 20mm APDS rounds or maybe some .50 caliber cartridges. It also would fire shotgun rounds by changing the sniper round clip into a shotgun rounds magazine. Under the lower barrel would be 40mm multi purpose GL for those sticky cams/shockers, ring airfoils etc. both barrels would be silenced. (also a flash hider of course) Above the 5.56 barrel would be the sniping scope with computerized targetting system and a laser rangefinder that calculates the range between the gun and the target and set the aiming reticle for 5.56, 20/15 mm, shotgun shells and the grenade launcher to the correct spot for pinpoint accuracy over long distances. big zoom capability. above the cope would be the reflex sight. the idea for two sights is that when Sam equips this weapon, he would normally look through the reflez sight. when sniping, he would look at the scope. GL would have three round clip in it instead of the breach loading mechanism, that in Splinter Cell, unrealisticly allows for semiautomatic fire with the grenade launcher. also ifrared laser targetter much like in PT but only visible with nightvision. (sorry for posting this laserthing again) maybe OCP for this also. maybe different kinds of flashbangs, frags, gas and smoke grenades also. You could choose in the mission loadout between hand throwable or fired with GL. SO, more stealthy, stronger and probably funnier SC-20k for SC4. Let me lnow what you think. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Raakile91
05-19-2005, 04:46 AM
PS. empty cases would go back to the clip so that where would be no traces lying and revealing a gunfight. Sorry my bad english and writing.

pavo6503
05-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Having not played the Splinter Cell Co-op game, I didn't realize it was two people against the game, not two teams against each other, so my bad on that one. But still, seeing someone surrender in a multiplayer game just screams "I'm setting an ambush for you". In the actual game it might be pretty cool to trick a guard once in a while.

Here's a suggestion for the casings suggestion, how about Sam's pistol uses caseless ammo? It actually exists in experimental form, some ammunition manfacurers have messed around with it. Caseless ammo (CA) usually uses an electric primer instead of a percussion cap, so it will make the gun more silent because of fewer moving parts. The only thing the programmers have to do is... nothing. Just say the pistol uses CA in the manual. Or Sam could run around and pick up his casings after he fires his pistol, a simple move over the object and you grab it automatically action. In MGS2 Snake can pick up his used magazines to use later as noisemakers to distract enemies. Or Sam could mount a bag on the side of his weapon to catch the casings. This is actually done in real-life on firing port weapons used aboard APCs to keep casings from littering an already crowded area.
The multi-barrel ideas are cool, but remember, silencing a .50 cal rifle is gonna be tough, the silencer would be HUGE! I've fired .50 cal machineguns in the army and the standard round being fired explodes with the equivalent force of a stick of TNT, no kidding. The Desert Eagle handgun uses a short barrel and shorter round, so it isn't accurate enough for sniping or powerful enough for armor penetration. Mostly, it looks cool and scares the doodie out of people who don't know much about firearms. Don't get me wrong, it'll kill the heck out of you. A .50 cal sniper rifle is around 5 feet long! And VERY heavy. Not so good for Sam's kind of missions.
Also, a 20mm round is big, almost an inch in diameter. The 40mm M203 grenade launcher uses low pressure rounds to propel the projectile. Most of the casing is empty space, if it were not you'd break your shoulder as soon as you fired it.

Sticking with the shotgun is actually a great idea. Shotguns fire all sorts of rounds, from birdshot to armor piercing discarding sabot rounds that CAN put a hole in an armored personnel carrier. They can fire mini grenades, less leathal rounds (see the ******* movie), APDS, bird shot, buck shot, flechettes (darts), marker rounds, rubber bullets, tear gas rounds, and they can be used to launch rifle grenades. They can fire single shots, semi-auto, burst, or full-auto. One barrel, a BUNCH of applications. And in Sam's line of work the less complicated the tool, the quicker he does his job and the faster he can fight.

Howabout a laser sight that can only be seen with the NVGs turned on, that way enemies won't be alerted by the red dot on his buddy's head? The army actually uses these now, and maybe it makes an appearance in other SC games.

Seriously though, the controls in SC are terrible. MGS crams TONS of techniques into the controller and does it well. I have far more control over Snake and Gabe Logan in their respective games. They move more fluidly, respond faster, aim better, fight had-to-hand MUCH better. For two games with such silly premises behind them, they do an excellent job of recreating real life.

Raakile91
05-19-2005, 01:04 PM
About that big silencer, I meant only that it would silence it a bit, not as good as the silencer for 5.56. The idea is to use it when nobody's near to hear cause without the silencer, the shot would alert all guards on that area. Also Sam would DEFINETLY require some things to his ears that automatically stop letting sound impulses in if sound meter shows over 85 desibels to avoid hearing problems. About that idea only two barrels, I find great also. (but only if the bigger barrel is capable for firing all sams thigs including sticky shockers/cameras, gas grenades, APDS rounds, frag grenades, shotgunshells etc. otherwise no) If possible, It would reduce critical weight, which of course, is a good thing. I think SC-20k would look a bit like the new Army tested OICW.

Then, the .50 caliber rifles (AKA rifles what use 12.5 mm cartridge) probably don't have to be so long. Army rifles are, because whey are meant to engage targets at 2000-1000 yards. I bet Sam's rifle doesn't need to have the ability to shoot that far. only the ability to overpenetrate hardcover and armor.

WOOT! the ability to fully automatically sticky shot people! wow! (though I bet Lambert would get mad about the budget Sam would need)

Nice to know you know about these things savo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Raakile91
05-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I meant Pavo, no insult... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

pavo6503
05-20-2005, 10:42 AM
none taken

Subcidal
05-20-2005, 12:06 PM
i want more brutal tactics in SVM. im not saying i want completly aggro spys but you have to admit being able to dropkick a merc in the back and break his back would be pretty awesome to see. of course mercs would have counter attack moves as well. i thought out a big scheme lek this a long time ago but forgot it, it was quite cool because the mercs had to do a little thing with their keys and if they did it right then the counter attack move was succesfull

Raakile91
05-20-2005, 01:18 PM
More gadgets for versus mode.

1) For merc, a camera that can be attached anywhere within reach. couldn't be picked up by spy, but could be able to tazer for 5 secs. a bit like camnet cameras, but a little different still. could use visionmodes, laser and flaslight when watching from it.

2) For merc, a toxin grenade that when explodes, fills a large area with toxic gas that will affect like toxin mine. Other spy couldn't heal the other when inside the cloud.

3) For merc, a spytrap grenade that marks him on the radar if spy is in its blast radius. Can't hack comms.

4) For merc, A suit that does not give any thermal signs in spy's thermalvision. can only be used 30 secs like the gasmask.

5) A headset kinda EEV. can wirelessly put thing on if F.E. a spy hack lights out, a merc can turn them on from a certain distance.

6) For spy, a hallucination bullet. When spy fires the bullet at merc, mercs vision screws up with hallucinations nevertheless which visionmode he's using, also causin hardbreathing and a little slowness. Short affect time.

7) For spy, a sensor what detects footsteps around him at 10 m radius above and below, if put on. requires energy to use.

8) For spy, a light breaker. When used, it puts lamps off for relatively long time. also works on mercs flashlight and disables hud for a small time.

9) For spy, a suit that when activated does not show in EMF when using visionmodes. cant use any other gadget at the same time and drains energy.

10) A little bigger battery for spy. quite useful when usin gadgets that require energy.

So, now on, you better think wise what gadgets you take. maybe 3 quickslots for spy, (only PC) leftmouse button, rightmouse button and the middlemouse button. maybe 5 gadgets available. If you have any sudgestions to balance/say a comment about these gadgets, don't hesitate to reply. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Raakile91
05-21-2005, 11:31 AM
for that skin chooser, i definetly want an updated model from the ninjasuit in PT, cause it seems perfect for me. I mean i cant ask more that a suit that covers all the skin, (PT ninja skin does it) but you can also see a bulletproof also with lots of pockets. (PT suit has these also.) I mean IT LOOKS AWSOME! (only IMO) The thing I mean with the updated model, I mean better graphics. (and if you can add some more eyecandy into it, I would be most pleased.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Devs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

pdogsniper
05-21-2005, 09:45 PM
What i really want is a throwback from the original Splinter Cell. I want a newly configured, better looking CIA level. that is my favorite level of all time, any game, any system. not as part of the game story, but something unlockable, perhaps.

Raakile91
05-22-2005, 07:38 AM
the thing that really pisses me off in versus mode is the mantling in it. You guys have probably spotted many times just because when the spy mantles, he stands up even when he jumped to mantling position while croutched. Not a big update but it's worth it. I hope I see the spy mantling and stays croutched in SC4.

Epicurus_13
05-22-2005, 05:31 PM
I also like the idea to include the abiltiy to choose which uniform to wear before each mission, (ex: the short-sleeves, the "ninja outfit" with and without full mask, and more) and, in addition to looking different, each one could have a very small gameplay effect as well. For instance, the full ninja suit slightly increases your visual stealth, making it possible to go a little closer to a lighted area without being spotted. The short sleeves should speed up knife and melee attacks by 10% or something, since it offers a greater range of motion, etc...

I think that would be pretty sweet.

More weapon variants for the SC 20k - the attachments (sniper, shotgun, launcher, foregrip, etc.) were a nice addition, why not add more, or even make it possible to choose an entirely different weapon instead of the SC 20k, such as a dedicated sniper rifle or shotgun or SMG (with higher stability), or even the choice to forget the rifle altogether and get more space for throwable items, health packs, whatever. Also, maybe a choice re: the knife, such as a small knife that offers fast attacks from the rear, and a larger combat knife that attacks faster from the front but is not as effective for stealth. Also, how about a stun gun option that is an instant knockout (much faster than hand to hand) but has limited batteries and makes a small amount of noise.

Also, I think it would be cool to add a special move that can be done on ladders: On a freehanging ladder (one that is not flush against a wall, but more "out in the open"), Sam can swing around the ladder to the other side (as with a pole). If an enemy climbs on the ladder, sam can choke the enemy through the ladder rungs, or kick the enemy off, etc. Also useful in SvM. Ladders are problematic in CT because if an enemy happens to be on a ladder above you, you're done for, and I don't think this would be the case in "Real" life at all - Sam is more than agile enough to escape that situation.

Also, in SvM, how about a cooler finishing move for the mercs - I've always thought it would be cool to be able to choke the spies against a wall by holding them up, and also, to be able to break the spy's spine over one's knee from the choke position. More options regarding the spy weapon loadout, as with the merc one. perhaps a sitcky shocker that does not emit a laser visible to the mercs but holds only a few (one to three) shocks at a time before recharging (Camo is unaffected) for greater stealth without sacrificing precision. Also, how about a shocker that holds only one shock at a time and aims very slowly, but has a magazine of three "flechettes" tipped with a poison that disorients and then knocks out a mercenary for a few moments ten seconds after they are hit. (and they stay out longer if they are hit in the head or heart).

Also, I think the split jump in SvM should be easier to do, as in Single Player, especially since it's usually a lot more urgent in SvM than in SP.

I'd like to see spies in SvM be able to use the long rappelling cable a bit. There could be places in each level offering the chance to rappel down, as well as places to lower oneself down and grab mercs from the rope. Mercs should have access to locations where they can slide down a rope or cable, SWAT style.

That's all for now, great thread!

iggadore
05-22-2005, 05:54 PM
If you miss with the airfoils or sticky shocks, I want to be able to pick them up again if i can find them and prob have something to recharge shockers. I also think it would be awesome if Sam had that gecko fabric. For those of you that don't know, Gecko fabric is an experimental fabric that has small prongs that attach to all surfaces, potentially letting Sam climb up the walls themselves.

description of gecko fabric (http://www.popsci.com/popsci/computers/article/0,20967,614423,00.html)

XyZspineZyX
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
.... just like spiderman.....

Raakile91
05-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Previously posted by SamFisher128:

.... just like spiderman.....

Yes, exept without the web. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, I definetly liked epicurus_13's knife idea. Maybe the smaller knife is faster and stealthier but maybe it could not brake those generators which disable lights or able to stab through the toughest bulletproofs.

quillan
05-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Preface: This thread is up to 7 pages now, and I'm not going to read through all 7 pages to see if this has been posted before. If it has, I apologize.

What I do not want to see in SC4: Anarchy Galore as the final title. I would be hard pressed to come up with an idea that would be worse than that one. DON'T USE IT! PLEASE!

Raakile91
05-24-2005, 07:59 AM
Yeah, you're right guillan, if somebody posts the same thing again, it won't be the end of the world. Only to make sure you people make up something new and not only: MORE COOPMAPS! MORE COOPMAPS! I'm sure you'll understand.

Also, even more SvM gadgets. I got five new new.
(and also one gadget back form PT)

Merc: stickable (unremovable) motion sensing lights. a powerful light is set on if spy moves pass it at the slowest speed. only way to disable them is to shock them. (only temporarily)

Merc: the "photospherant" grenade (or whatever) for PT back to SC4

Merc: security improving hard disks to make objectives tougher to hack and also every other switch. Limited amount of hard disks.

Spy: EEV to hack things at distance (objects also but from a limited distance an it's going to take looooonnnggg to hack it that way.

Spy: a ring airfoil to knock out mercs. It knock out for a 7.5 secs so not aseffective as the sticky cam. comes in 5 package.

Spy: camera jammer to disable both alarm setting cameras and camnet cameras for a long amound of time.

And last but DEFINETLY not least, a training program for SvM. Trainings that you choose for your spy merc, just like gadgets. (exept they could not be changed during mission like gadgets could) F.E. advanced close combat training for spies, advanced covert operations training for spies for more silent movement, advanced marksmanship training for mercs to increase accuracy, advanced physical fitness training for mercs to inrease runningspeedand breathingtime in smoke/also little cam resistance and decrease crarge/berserk using delay and a lot more you can think off. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Raakile91
05-25-2005, 10:16 AM
You guys probably have seen everyone takes grenades and maybe gasmask but no one takes things like flares. when I listed those new SvM gadgets, they better gonna be really balanced if anyone reaches the final version. To make F.E. a flare more useful, upgrade it's livingtime, and lightingradius and it will be a as good as the others... sure a lot more changes to do still...

NSA Agent
05-25-2005, 12:51 PM
It was the small, nitpicky problems that really got to me, considering the amazing quality of the Graphics, they could not find a way to remove sliding feet and body parts, (commonly the face, gun and shoulders) glitching through walls. Not to forget the jittery movement, it was the small things that tended to frustrate me most of all.

1) A complete fix on the most common glitches that we all experience.

2) After forcing a guard to speak, you can force them to speak again but they generally say the same things over, and over again, which is also rather unrealistic, after you have finished with a guard and he has told you all there is to know it would be nice if the ''Interrogate'' window closed down, so the guard could stop repeating the same things.

3) A general, better A.I who have more realistic dialog and communicate more and react to different things in different ways. If a can came rolling on the floor on The Lighthouse, you wouldn't instantly thing something was wrong, you'd suspect it was the heavy wind and downpour, so a change to there reactions depending on the enviroment.

4) Bring back a Jungle level, have more levels, and somehow change the locations. We have spent so much SC History in Asia: Chinese Embassy 1, and 2, Kundang Camp, Komodo, and Jakarta, The Bathouse, Kokobu Sosho, Seoul... Battery, it was practically all Asia. How about missions in London? Europe? Something new.

Just very few things I would like to see.

Raakile91
05-26-2005, 12:14 AM
yep, more missions and not only in asia but all around the world, maybe even antarctica http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And then, about those training things what I explained earlier, I got some new:

Spy: Advanced acrobatic training what increases the speed of rolling, both croutch rolling and standrolling, maybe even completely different moves like if you are standing on a box/on the ground, you can evade attacks by jumping left, right or backwards and also spin in the air to make it a cool looking evade maneuver.

Merc: advanced scout training that enables you to see little brighter in every dark situation, and also kinda reveals a moving spy to merc who is seeing his suit refleting light a little bit even in dark areas. (only if the spy moves) Only works in merc's eyes that has the training, not working with his partner.

Raakile91
05-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Hmm, coop boost/humanladder not only for ledges but also for horisontal and vertical pipes. Also human ladder available for pipes. If anyone has seen the UMp hospital classic map in versus, then you know that when you can coop to the room next to 202, you could also escape using coop...

Raakile91
05-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Since it's unrealistic that you see bodies get cold in about hald a minute with thermalvision that in reallife it takes about 2 hours for a body to get cold. More realistic way would be to see NPC's heart pumping when he's alive, and when he's not, the heart would be stopped. You could even see if NPC's nervous and scared if he F.E. sees a body. Then his heart would pump a lot faster. a good "state of alert" tracker. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sam_fisher091
05-29-2005, 09:00 PM
i've got a few items to suggest:

1.a storyline:

John McAllister, America's top computer engieneer has gone missing. With him are powerful algorithims. It must be determined if McAllister was kidnapped, or left at willingly, and above all else, find the algorithims, or the world will fall into a major crisis.......

Mission 1:
Oklohoma State Bank, Oklohoma city, Oklohoma.
Main Objective: Find the Bank's Transaction records.

Mission Two:
De Rican Hotel, Rome, Italy.
Main Objective: Hack into Jamie Dawtters personal computer.

Mission Three:

Matteuci Inc Building, Muara, Brunei
Main Objective: Locate McAllister's algorthims.

Mission Four:

Abondened Drug Silo, Tutong, Brunei
Main Objective: Access and duplicate McAllister's algorithims.

Mission Five:

Serecode Intl. Building, Los Angeles, U.S.
Main Objective: Recove the Maxim Kuzne interrogation file.

That's all I have so far. By the way, Matteuci is Dawtters company, Serecode is McAllister's private security force, and Maxim Kuzne is a Russian revoultiunist, (much like Lacerda), who was connected to McAllister after Mission 2.

2. bring back the laser pointer from PT.

i totally agree. it is so hard to get a perfect shot in CT.

3. new ways to kill.

Sam has so few ways to take down his enemies. How about when Sam is in a crawlspace, a man is directly ahead of him, Sam can launch himself out and deliver some sort of head blow to kill him?

4. a new arsenal

I like the SC-20K's modifications in CT, but I want a whole new gun. How about at the beginning of the game, you "design" a gun to fit your own personal needs. And i'm totally sick of the SC Pistol. I want a pistol that has actual power.

5. inside conflict

how about a point during the game where Sam has to assasinate Lambert or Grimsdottir because they've turned crooked, much like the Shetland situation. It would be interesting to see Sam kill Lambert.

Raakile91
05-30-2005, 12:07 AM
maybe not to launch himself, but if Sam is on the "upper stage" crawlspace, he could strangle and knockout a neargy guard or break his neck. also taking his pistol and shoot thing from a good hidingspot. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The reason why Sam's pistol is so ineffective is because it uses 5.7 mm subsonic rounds. the reason for slower ammunition is to keep the pistol as quiet as possible. Everyone knows here that if you take a headshot with pistol in SCCT, it is barely hearable next to the SC-20k. Still, even with the subsonic rounds, the pistol should be more effective... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

stealthmaster736
05-30-2005, 06:45 AM
I posted this idea a long time ago and alot of people seemed to like it.So what the heck, I'll post it here.

"Okay, SC and SC:PT had dog's so CT probably has them to.I'm just curious about the way dog's attack you.Dog's have never played a huge role in the SC series but they were still a nice addition.In the 1st 2 SC games when a dog attacked you it looked like they were ramming there nose into your leg.So realistic.Because of the new meele attacks there should be different way's to take out dog's.Dog's should also attack diffrently.Instead of wiping their noise on your leg they should jump on you.And once they do you must rapidly tap the R or L trigger to get them off.You could either knock them out or stab them.In the 1st 2 SC games you could only shoot them or shoot something at them to get rid of them.But hopefully in SC:CT you can use your meele attacks on them.So what I'm trying to say is that I hoped UBI changed the way dog's attack Sam.If they jumped on you it would be alot more realistic.And even though Sam could probably out power the dog and throw it off it would still be nice to see that happen.But if some players hit one of the attack buttons to late the dog's will deliver some good damage.And another thing is that dog's are usually with guards.So that would provide intense situations.I doubt UBI will give us any information about the dog's and stuff.But it would still be nice if they fixed some of these types of problems dog's had in the 1st 2 SC games.But as long as UBI makes a good game I'm happy."

Also, I hope that the airfoil things go back to dizzying enemies.I liked airfoils in SC and PT because you could grab an enemy after using an airfoil on them.But on CT they automaticlly knock the enemy out.So they are basiclly like the sticky shocker.

I really hope they get rid of some of the sissy things the NPC's say.These guys are trained for people like Sam, but when you alert them they say things like, "I wanna go home."

Some of you guy's say you miss not being able to shoot out cameras.Well, you can destroy cameras, and turrents with the sniper attachment.But I think destroying a camera set's off an alarm.I was playing and I set up a turrent to kill a guard.I decided to snipe the turrent to see what would happen...well, the turrent got destroyed when I hit it with a sniper bullet.Also, I've only done this in co-op on the PS2 version, but if you shoot a turrent a bunch of times it will eventually break.

Raakile91
05-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Nice ideas stealthmaster, but i doubt that a dow could bite through sam's bulletproof so easily. even if the dog is goin to bite sams arm or leg, sam's reflexes are so good that he would have no problem taking the dog out IMO. On the other hand, It still goes to me that you can kill evil humans in the game, I don't like to kill other innocent animals. Knockout is a good option for me.

And that guard dialogue stuff, It's not for the realism, it's for fun. I got a big laugh the first time iIplayed the demo when i throwed a rock to back of a guard and he screams: "HOLY!" and after that, i knock him out, other guard finds the body and says: "Are you okay?". LAstly the conversation with the ninjafreek in hokkaido gave me also a big laugh with my friends... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cooldude6681
05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
not gonna read through 8 pages, so sorry if this has been posted before: I wanna see unconscious/dead bodies pile realistically on top of each other instead of being inside one another, that would be really cool.

Epicurus_13
05-30-2005, 01:14 PM
A new move for spies where they brace themselves up in a corner against the two walls, much like a split jump and at a similar height. A useful move to hide in otherwise exposed areas, easy to fit into a level and realistic, requiring a relatively small amount of programming and motion-capture to implement (probably). Good for countering mercs who always back into corners - have one teammate cloak and brace themselves in the corner while the other maneuvers the merc into walking below...

sam_fisher091
05-30-2005, 01:25 PM
it's me again.... i forgot some things in my first post.

1.new interrogation methods

i'm really sick that you have to get close behind an opponent, grab him and interrogate him. if you screw up, your dead.

how about when Sam is shimmying, and an opponent is directly above him, he can hrab him and hang him off the ledge, then interrogate him? How about while Rappeling, Sam can crash through a window, grab a person insde and interrogate him while rappeling? or maybe, when Sam is walking on a high ledge and a person is below him, Sam can drop on him, but will make him land at an angle, face into the floor, gun to the head?

2. more uses for Sam's knife.

I like the addition of a knife in CT, but i want to see more uses for it. like popping open windows and screens, disarming cameras or, what i like best, throwing at people, or cutting wires connected to computers, breaking doors down, (jamming the knife under the hinges and breaking them), cutting radio transmissions, etc. The possibilities are endless! Let's see more knife related techniques

sam_fisher091
05-30-2005, 07:19 PM
if SC4 takes place a while in the future, say five years, i'd like another few things added to my list. My first idea will sound a little crazy, but it would be very useful: A HYMEN (Hypodermic Memory Erasing Needle). Say, when you grab and interrogate someone, you can inject the needle into their arm and let them go. it would be useful to get a higher mission rating, because then you wouldn't have to knock them out. But you'd need a timer for how long the interrogation lasted, and be able to set the HYMEN for how much memory they want to lose (for example, a two minute interrogation you'd want to erase the last two minutes from his mind, but you'd also want to set it longer for when you whistled, made him suspicsious etc. the longer the HYMEN is set for, the longer it needs to recharge). I'd also like to see an electromagnectic device that would permanently turn off electric things, like lights, computers, etc, but it would be louder than the OCP, so you'd have to use it carefully. I also want the flares back from original Splinter Cell and PT. Second to last idea, how about a new submission form of attack? Like Sam could sneak up from behind, tap on the person's shoulder and knock him out with a blow to the face. Finally, a disarming move Sam could preform from almost anywhere, behind, in front, below and above, Sam would deliver a blow to stun, disarm him and inject the HYMEN to lose his memory and allow him to walk off, weapon gone? That would have been SO helpful in some areas of all three Splinter Cells (SC1, PT and CT).

iggadore
05-30-2005, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raakile91:
Advanced acrobatic training what increases the speed of rolling, both croutch rolling and standrolling, maybe even completely different moves like if you are standing on a box/on the ground, you can evade attacks by jumping left, right or backwards and also spin in the air to make it a cool looking evade maneuver.

"Use the force, Sam. Spin well, you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Derwen_Llewelyn
05-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Force grip 4 Sam! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif *aaahs*

Lambert: "dont be afraid 2 use force!"

Sam: "Who?" "Me??" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

lmao http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Raakile91
05-30-2005, 10:41 PM
LOL you guys make up jokes from every comment! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Raakile91
05-31-2005, 10:35 AM
What I don't want ot see: Sam get's a jedi training... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Mister_Pen
05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Stealthmaster, there is a discrepancy between Sticky Shockers and Ring Airfoils. For one thing, RingAirfoils are only effective at close range, while Sticky Shockers can be used from far away. And we all know what happens when you shoot a Sticky Shocker into water.

I do have an idea, though: is anyone tired of having to cycle through an interaction window just to use a computer or bash a door in? Well, what if, instead of scrolling through a menu with the thumbstick or D-Pad, pressing the A button takes you inside the menu and each action was assigned to a specific button? Since there are usually no more than eight choices at one time, it should work out well. Here's an example of how it might go:

back to game A
-----------------
open door B
-----------------
Open Stealth X
-----------------
Bash Door Y
-----------------
Optic Cable R

I also considered pausing the action while in the menu, but then that would be like making a split-second decision, which would be unrealistic.

iggadore
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
I know that the army is starting to deploy cars with nonlethal-highpowered radiation rays. Basically, if its pointed at you your going to be crying like a baby until the pain disapears. I'd like to see one of these things in a gun form to distract guards.

For example:

Guard 1: So guard 2 whats new
guard 2: nothing mu... OUCH WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR GUARD 1?
Guard 1: What are you tal... OUCH STOP I DIDN'T DO THAT TO YOU!

(small cracking noise)

Guard 1: guard 2??????????

Also I want to be able to break their necks from behind, not just when i'm above them.

Raakile91
05-31-2005, 10:46 PM
...break their necks from behind, not just when i'm above them...

You want to stab them from above or slice their throats? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif Nah, maybe ubisoft could add multiple ways to kill a guy but I don't think that's so necessary... Only if blood comes to the game and you'll have to clean it, which takes a little time, then I would favor neck breaking...

Raakile91
06-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Many of you have mentioned multiple ways to kill a guy including neckbrakes and stabs, I have a solution to this. All of you guys that have played at least PC version, know tha Sam has 5 different movingspeeds. the first 3 keep no noise while moving in stable ground croutched. Maybe movingspeed would also affect in everything that sam does. if you use one of first 3 of those movingspeeds, Sam would do everything slower but quieter. the last 2 would make sam do thing faster but also louder so if you come behind NPC's at those slower speeds, sam would quietly break their necks if you want to kill them. But, if you run behind them Sam would quicly stab them. (little louder way)

bozibozic
06-01-2005, 01:55 AM
I wanna see another Kalinatek type mission, no holds barred, watever you want, Vth freedom for the whole mission, and its gotta be accompanied by some really dramatic storyline, like Fisher gets all angry cos some guy screwed up something outta his personel life or they did something really un-morale and then Sammy gets full angry and turns into a super saiyan http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I also reckon there should be a level where Sammy is helping a guy from shadownet get splinter cell experience, so theres Sammy, who you control, and another stealth operative, who is computer controlled.... and then you both tunrn into super saiyans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Mister_Pen
06-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I liked choosing my loadout in Chaos Theory. The problem is, there are a choice of no more than four attachment combinations, which is one more than there are loadout selections. Why not make it so that you can choose the attachments you feel are nessecary?

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Why not move the story line away from the world scene and make it more personal. Emphasize the moral outlook of Sam and have it drasticly affect the story line. For example in the first mission you come across an american plot do fraud out a country for its various resources and you see an unjust execution of leaders and their families by american troops. The joint chiefs decide that you now know to much to be kept alive and that you must die. You are cut off from your team and now forced to live a life of hidden secrecy from the government while secretly trying to piece together the conspiracy the american government has intiated to cover up a deal that originated with Suhadi Sadono. After tracking him up and finding all the information he is killed by the americans. The joint chiefs make the announcement that they have your daughter and will kill her in 72 hours if you don't turn your self in. You infiltrate their base and save your daughter and now you must protect her as you try and run from the government. You eventually get her to a safe refuge and after killing several Shadownet spies sent to kill you you decide that you have to make a safe life for your daughter so you decide that you have to kill the conspirators and from the info youve gathered along the way you know wheir the joint chiefs are going to meet. Its late at night and its raining and the joint chiefs are getting out of their limousine accompanied by guards when you come out of nowhere and spray them full of machine gun fire killing them except one who you purposefully kept alive, Lambert, you make sure that he tells them that he and his daughter is dead and that its over. You then walk away in the rain to start a new life with your daughter. Hows that sound.

Raakile91
06-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Dunn_Stealth, it was a good idea IMO, but that last scene where sam shoot all the bodyguards and leaves lambert alive is almost exactly from the movie "The Road to Pedrition", it's a mafia movie and that came into my mind then i saw your sig and avatar...

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2005, 02:08 PM
That's where my sig and avatar come from and that's the inspiration for my story and is the ending for the story I had in mind. Road To Perdition is more than just a Mafia movie it is one of the greatest Movies ever made and has the moral lessons that we can all learn from, the relationship between Fathers and Sons is precious, that is what Michal Sullivan and Michael Sullivan jr come to realize and then have. My signiture is meant to capture the essence of the end of that movie and also explain myself. I even have a bigger version that looks like this.
http://img212.echo.cx/img212/3143/perdition6vu.png

sam_fisher091
06-01-2005, 04:22 PM
great idea dunn stealth! in that group of people sam killed, was grimsdottir among them? how about redding, or coen? i would have loved seeing sam kill lambert, (in one of my posts)

XyZspineZyX
06-01-2005, 06:14 PM
It would be a wonderful story arc and it would have Sam looking out for himself and his daughter only this time and he would basicly take out third echelon(grimsdottir and redding would be out of the picture because sam was no longer worth having alive so his team was cut off and Lambert was just in to help track him( he would find out where lambert would be meeting in some obscure hotel with members of the joint chiefs not to mention elite body guards and he would kill them but leave Lambert alive depnding on the players actions.

Raakile91
06-02-2005, 01:39 AM
What about if some other nations find out about 3rd echelon and it suddenly becomes international peacekeeping agency. I mean there could be world's best hackers and field operatives from all aroud the world. F.E. Japan, Germany, Great Britain, United states of course...
AND FINLAND! (nah, just kidding, I'm finnish guy myself) but still, 3rd echelon would get pretty much new professionals and if Sam takes Lamberts place, he would command a pretty large team.

Splinterz_1
06-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Missions has to be more scary... in SCCT the missions are tottally NOT scary. altought Lighthouse came close.

sam_fisher091
06-02-2005, 04:59 PM
this thread is up to 9 pages, so i'm not gonna read it all to find if this has been posted before.

i want to have a point, where halfway through the game, a trail of corruption leads into the NSA and is linked to Third Echelon. sam would be cut off from his team, lambert would be killed and redding, grimsdottir and coen would be taken prisoner. then sam would need to prove their innocence and eliminate the source of the real corruption.

spyder93090
06-02-2005, 05:46 PM
COOLEST IDEA:

How about when a spy is hanging on the ledge (the bottom part of the ledge not the rail) as if he was trying to pull a merc down..... How about if the merc see's his finger, he could press [shift] (use) and step on his fingers AND make the spy fall all the way down ? HUH ? How about that !

Returners
06-02-2005, 07:24 PM
i want them to remove the ratings.....
I want to kill people, not to knock them unconsicous....

Jari
06-03-2005, 04:44 AM
I can't believe I've read through the whole post. Too bad there isnt much I can add now that all the good ideas have been taken already.

What I want to see...

0) Sam as field operative.

1) Conversations and interaction with the 3rd Echelon Team - alot of it.
(accuracy of the quote not guaranteed) Sam: "Argh.." Grim: "What?" Sam: "Laundry.. I totally forgot.."
Just one example that made me chuckle. There are a ton more and not only do they give the characters a great depth, but also add to the flair of the game. Okay, the fact that Sam talks freely while sneaking up to an enemy set aside...

2) Interregoation. Fun! But ya, not everyone you grab should be so easy to .. crack

3) Different angles of approach. More choices available for how to go about completing a mission

4) More levels. Okay? Just... more levels. See, more levels means more playtime. More playtime means more fun. And I simply hate ending such an excellent ride so quickly.

5) Awards for completing a mission at 100%. Something that might even effect the gameplay?

6) Cutting someones throat is a messy business. Shooting someone can be as well. Even in the first Thief game you had to clean up after a swordfight or taking someone out with a broadhead arrow. Otherwise the guards got suspicious (mmm... Garrett, the grandfather of stealth - personal opinion(tm))

7) A story that just blows the mind. I'm not gonna start with suggestions or I wont be done by the time the day is up.

8) Make it so that people who you toss over a railing into water arent being counted as detected bodies..!

9) I read something about fatigue system? Please! That would be simply amazing.

... and for some weird reason I wouldnt mind having Sam's vision be effected by how long you point your view onto a bright light source.

What I do not want to see...

1) Sam getting killed.

2) Destroyable cameras. That should trigger an alarm after all.

3) Sam getting killed in any way shape or form.

4) Too easy gameplay

5) Did I mention that I don't want Sam getting killed? But knowing my luck...

Oh yeah...!
Something I would simply love to see for multi player (co-op)... a female 3rd Echelon Field Operative! Course she can't let her partner use her as a ladder, but do that the other way around... and her moves would have to be changed but... but... please...?

Maybe she's unlocked when you play the whole single player in 100% or sumpin.

Hey, don't sue me for this notion of mine...

Raakile91
06-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Why can't two women form humanladders if two men can? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Jari
06-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Right. My fault. THAT would work of course. But... I was thinking of a mixed co-op team http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But I suppose a ladder consisting out of two female spies is more appealing to the male players, eh?

Raakile91
06-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Well if they are man and woman, but they are friend. Like the man can surely form humanladder with his girlfriend an so on... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Eddo36
06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Posted this somewhere else earlier but it looks like this is the place that counts.

Well, I am a big Tom Clancy fan. I do think that the knife they added to Fisher's accouterments is a pretty nifty addition to the gameplay. However, since Sam slitting people's throat left and right in the game and stabing them in the back turned the Splinter Cell series into an M-rated game (and since it's under the realistic Tom Clancy franshise) I have a suggestion to add to increase it's verisimilitude for future versions of SC.

Okay, there is a myth going on about slitting somebody's throat with a knife is a silent kill. It is anything but silent. The enemy will gurgle a lot and thrash around until his brain runs out of oxygen. He might even run into a tree.

No, if Sam Fisher wants a silent kill, he has got to put his blade at the indent at the base of the terrorist's skull (bone is thin there) and slam upward at a 45 degree angle. He'll scramble his opponent's medulla oblongata and his motor senses are cut off immediately, instantly making sure that terrorist would never commit another violent act against peace. Now THAT's a silent kill.

Silenced weapon would be the best, but there's NO such thing as a silenced weapon. Only a surpressed one, that still makes noise. You can tell by the loudness Fisher's FiveseveN and SC-20K (especially the latter).

Sam Fisher already does his fair share of slitting throat, stabbing people in the back, shooting people with his pistol execution-style already which gave the Mature-rating to SC. Think move I suggested would be a tad less violent than those other lethal moves in my opinion because it would kill the bad guy immediately, thereby causing him less painful suffering than the split second of agony if you stab him in the heart through the back SAS style or the few minutes he run's with blood gurgling down his throat if you slitted it. Not THAT'S not humane. And Fisher does seem to have morales, and terrorist or not I doubt he wants anybody to suffer more than they need to.

And by the way, I am a former Marine. Don't ask me if I killed anyone, because I haven't (which doesn't prove anything and which I am thankful for) but I had done some training in a business where some people share some of the tools of the trade. So don't get me wrong in thinking I'm trying to sound like a hardcore rambo because that's the very least I want to be. What I'm stating is only to keep up the verisimilitude of the Tom Clancy name franchise, and he does state some of this in his novels which I am an avid reader of.

SABU1111
06-03-2005, 12:16 PM
A really epic storyline, and a change in the SP gameplay. Admit it people, the game cannot churn out a fourth single player mode with little change in gameplay or storyline. There needs to be changes. SvM and co-op can stay the way they are, with any necessary changes made. Here's my very basic plan of how SC4 IMO should go.

First four missions, normal SC stuff, go out, get terrorists.

Fifth mission, you team up with another Splinter Cell, an old friend of you and Shetland. Lots of story stuff about there relationship.

Sixth mission, with the team mate, in America sneaking inside some businesses building. At the end, you are betrayed by your team mate. He shoots you and leaves you for dead, telling Lambert you tried to betray him. With everyone in disgust of you and thinking you're dead, you struggle back to your feet, and for the next couple of missions it's very story driven, with you hunting down the other guy and trying to clear your name. You're in civilian clothes. You make contact with old friends like Grim and Redding.

9th mission, you find your ex team mate. He gives you a long Shetland like speech about how America is dying and it needs a revolution. He runs away, and you're caught. Dragged back into Third Echelon, you try to explain yourself out of the death penalty. Lambert doesn't believe you. Just as you're taken away, a warning flashes up. You make a run for it. The tenth mission is inside Third Echelon and the NSA, with you evading Special Forces hunting for you.

You set about hunting down your ex team mate again, with the entire country on the lookout for you. You see him heading into a New York skyscraper. Following him inside, you learn of his plan to detonate a stolen Russian nuke (that's what the original story is about) in New York. Just as you are about to kill him on the roof, he escapes in a helicopter. You give yourself in. Telling Lambert the guys plan, he believes you, and sends you in with another agent. You fight your way past his revolutionary goons. Meeting him again, with the other agent off defusing the bomb, you draw your weapons, and another Shetland like thing happens. You both fire at the same time, killing each other. Fisher gets his hero's death, and in SC5 you get to control the other agent.

XyZspineZyX
06-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Personally If you could shoot in the darkness and not have the guards being able to know where you are except getting shot, like in real life, that would be more handy and realistic.

Jari
06-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I'll just have to agree with the knife methods (yah, I read 'Without Remorse' that was educating if one wants to put it that way) and to me it would make the game a notch more interesting to play.

Cant resist: Tom Clancy books would be so much more fun to read if he wouldnt make his portrait of women so offending http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iggadore
06-03-2005, 06:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SABU1111:
A really epic storyline, and a change in the SP gameplay. Admit it people, the game cannot churn out a fourth single player mode with little change in gameplay or storyline. There needs to be changes. SvM and co-op can stay the way they are, with any necessary changes made. Here's my very basic plan of how SC4 IMO should go.

First four missions, normal SC stuff, go out, get terrorists.

Fifth mission, you team up with another Splinter Cell, an old friend of you and Shetland. Lots of story stuff about there relationship.

Sixth mission, with the team mate, in America sneaking inside some businesses building. At the end, you are betrayed by your team mate. He shoots you and leaves you for dead, telling Lambert you tried to betray him. With everyone in disgust of you and thinking you're dead, you struggle back to your feet, and for the next couple of missions it's very story driven, with you hunting down the other guy and trying to clear your name. You're in civilian clothes. You make contact with old friends like Grim and Redding.

9th mission, you find your ex team mate. He gives you a long Shetland like speech about how America is dying and it needs a revolution. He runs away, and you're caught. Dragged back into Third Echelon, you try to explain yourself out of the death penalty. Lambert doesn't believe you. Just as you're taken away, a warning flashes up. You make a run for it. The tenth mission is inside Third Echelon and the NSA, with you evading Special Forces hunting for you.

You set about hunting down your ex team mate again, with the entire country on the lookout for you. You see him heading into a New York skyscraper. Following him inside, you learn of his plan to detonate a stolen Russian nuke (that's what the original story is about) in New York. Just as you are about to kill him on the roof, he escapes in a helicopter. You give yourself in. Telling Lambert the guys plan, he believes you, and sends you in with another agent. You fight your way past his revolutionary goons. Meeting him again, with the other agent off defusing the bomb, you draw your weapons, and another Shetland like thing happens. You both fire at the same time, killing each other. Fisher gets his hero's death, and in SC5 you get to control the other agent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I swear I remember Sam saying several times "I work alone"

sam_fisher091
06-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Greatest storyline ever!

Scrap my original idea, with McAllister and the algos? That is a total recreation of SC with different names.

Storyline:

Al Sa Qaueda, a respected oil trader in the Middle East, has arranged to meet members of the Joint Chiefs to discuss possible American/
Lebanese oil trading. Before the meeting, Sam plays one mission and finds an illegal oil network in Qaueda's name. They attempt to bring it up at the meeting, but, enraged Qaueda triggers a massive firefight between Elite American Commandos and Qaueda's personal security force.

Lambert is captured. Sam must infiltrate the Qaueda Office Building in Beirut, under the watch of Defence Secreatary Masson, and recover any data pertaining to Qaueda's illegal oil network that Lambert had at the meeting. Sam is also instructed, if possible to rescue Lambert. Sam arrives too late. Lambert has been relocated
and the networking data has been moved as well. Sam, under Frank Masson, must find Lambert, and stop Qaueda. However, Sam uncovers the worst possible situation, declaring war on Israel and Cyprus as a result. Sam must stop Qaueda's plans, and eliminate him and the threat he poses to world democracy.

What is Qaueda up to? He has been secretly facilitating deals with Israeli terrorist cells, and they pay him back with the final remnants of Zherkhezi's algorithims. Sam must retrieve and destory Zherkhezi's algorithims, and stop Qaueda from setting off a chain reaction that will threaten the entire world....

Give me feedback, good or bad. Thanks.

f16cxv
06-03-2005, 07:59 PM
VERY good, keep it up and hopfully you'll be able to wright SC4's story!

Raakile91
06-04-2005, 05:57 AM
You all probably know that singleplayer of SCCT has intentionally been changed in a way that the best way to aproach things is stealth. To SC:AG, I want the versus to be changed also that the spies get themselves killed in direct confrontation (AKA aggro) more easily. in real life, the merc would just shoot half of his clip from F.E. m4 carbine to spy when spy rans towards him. In SCCT versus the weapons are so ineffective to spies even when the spies don't carry bulletproofs and shoot so slow with full automatic. The versusmode is lo longer stealth for spies. in PT you could easily rely on stealth (though aggro was a good tactic in it also) and get the job done. I liked the multiplayerdemo for PT a lot. Maybe I start to like versus again in SC:AG but only if it encourages and forces spies to use stealth, not assault.

IMO:
Stealth = fun, rewarding, realistic
Assault = stupid, too plain and simple, unrealistic

In fact, it didn't mind me that PT didn't have that lameprotection, that you could jump twice over a merc. It's also unrealistic, that spies will die if they ever try that jump again.

aHandThatFeeds
06-04-2005, 06:56 AM
I read somewhere that the Splinter cell teams have to be of similar weight and strength to be able to pull off the meneuvers (i know its probably spelt wrong)therefore, if you're going to add a female team member then you'll either need 2 women or a light male.

Jari
06-04-2005, 07:51 AM
like.. here...

http://www.splintercell.com/us/ss/spy_manual_3.jpg

(heheheehe)

Valid point though.

ChaosPandora767
06-04-2005, 08:49 AM
I want to see more levels, better moves, maybe thrown in a few extra new weapons and it should be good.

iggadore
06-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Definatly more weapons...

Raakile91
06-04-2005, 11:55 PM
...Definetly more weapons...

What kind of? Please explain. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

cjw1105
06-06-2005, 11:15 AM
This is my first time posting but what I noticed in CT was the younger looking Sam. Please UBI, give us back the Sam we love, the mature but physically fit Sam. The Sam who drinks his meds like no other. (oh yeah) OK call me shallow, but I love Splinter Cell, and have played each one as soon as they hit the shelves for sale, and always wanting more when the missions have ended, but please don't go radically changing Sam. He is mature not old! and smarter than any young 20 something. Michael Ironsides brings life and humor to Sam like no one else could.

pdogsniper
06-06-2005, 09:56 PM
The younger looking sam was a product of the better graphics, and or, botox.

Back on subject, I'd like to do the single-player missions as co-op (don't know/care if this was posted before... ten pages)

Ravv3
06-06-2005, 11:52 PM
I would like to see a snowy mission. Imagine worrying about your footprints. Imagine following a guard's footprints. Imagine the cool winter uniform, your breath visible, lying prone in the snow to hide.

I would like to see a mission where another splinter cell goes bad, and you have to hunt him while he hunts you. He could be hanging from that pipe over there, or... !

I would like to see a mission with a large crowd of people in a night club or something. You would have to walk through the crowd, all cool like, while avoiding the guards that are looking for you. A little bit like "Collateral".

I'd like to see a mission where the NSA gets besieged, and you have to infiltrate IT. It would be locked down super tight against people just like you. Maybe you have to rescue Lambert.

It'd also be cool if everyone betrayed you in the field, and the US was totally after you.

I'd like to see a broad daylight mission.

I'd like to see a grappling hook that you can toss up to the roof of a building, or the rafters of a hanger maybe.

I'd like to see a real scuba diving mission, with lots of swimming.

Do you know how if you hold the trigger while clobbering a guy from behind, you can catch his body before it hits the ground, so you can hide it quickly? I'd like to see the reverse of that when attacking from the front. Imagine you run up to a crowd of guards, slash one's throat, and then by holding the trigger down, and aiming carefully with the stick, launch his body into another guard. If you attacked from a crouch, you would stab him in the gut, and then by holding the trigger down, plant your foot on his chest, and launch his body into another guard, and also yank your blade free.

Ravv3
06-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Oh, and maybe Sam's daughter could get in trouble, get kidnapped or something, and you would have to decide whether or not to rescue her, and Lambert would tell you not to rescue her, due to it being an obvious trap.

Jari
06-07-2005, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ravv3:
Oh, and maybe Sam's daughter could get in trouble, get kidnapped or something, and you would have to decide whether or not to rescue her, and Lambert would tell you not to rescue her, due to it being an obvious trap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While this would be nice.. it would be.. well.. spoiler warning:

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">In the book "Splinter Cell" thats exactly what happens.</span>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

All Single Player Missions do-able in co-op? Now that would rock. Literally http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mister_Pen
06-07-2005, 09:40 AM
How cool would it be if they followed the plot from the book? The missions, at least.

Jari
06-07-2005, 09:47 AM
I honestly (and thats only MY opinion, so no complaints please) think the story line in the book was pretty shallow and too straight forward.

But as I said, thats just me.

I want something that actually really sizzles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Raakile91
06-07-2005, 01:25 PM
What if Sam would be able to hide bodies into vents. It would be a good desicion if there are no dark places nearby. I you would like to go to vent yourself, you would just pull the body off the vent or push him along when you move inside...

DanielHac
06-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Sorry if these have been meantioned... I am too lazy right now to read through 10 pages of posts.

I would love to see the ability to put the scuba equipment to use. What a great way to get onto a boat or climb up onto a dock to start a mission. As well as being able to hide in deep enought water.

Also I would like to be able to drive/fly the vechicles in the game, even if this were done in a way that is was clearly a bonus / extra and not really part of the game. I was pissed that we didn't have the option to "use" the helecopter in the penthouse mission.

sam_fisher091
06-08-2005, 09:21 PM
thanks f16

i've got more to add to the SCAG agenda.

1. a sticky camera with lethal capability.

this sounds dumb, but think about it. if you lanuch a sticky camera, and need to take someone out, how about a second option: a miniturized turret that would blast enemies and you would be able to control it.

2.break peoples necks from everywhere

i love the new move of being able to break necks from above. but i want to do it from behind, in front and from the side.

3. climbing equipment

don't laugh. what if sam had, on his back maybe, some sort of climbing materials i.e, rope, handheld pitons that would allow him to dig inside cement, etc. then, sam could climb up the face of a building and he won't have to use a pipe, ledges, ladders or anything.
that would be useful.

4. ability to break open doors

this is in one of my earlier posts. it would be cool to see sam break the hinges off a door, and let it fall on a terrorist inside, killing him. a nice takedown method, that would give sam one more way to kill.

pdogsniper
06-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I want to see a level that takes place in Europe, somewhere. Maybe in some old ruins, kind of like the Lighthouse. He could climb on castle's or whatever. Also,(sorry if this was posted before) a level just with his knife, and OCP. Lambert doesn't want you shooting up the interior.

Raakile91
06-11-2005, 02:07 PM
like everone else, even I can't keep record from ideas anymore, so I post something that may have been posted earlier.

So, When you guys play SCCT and you grab a guy from behind, Sam grabs the guy and puts a knife next to his throat so that he doesn't even think of escaping. Good so far. but when you use him as a humanshield, sam takes his knife away f0rom his throat and takes his pistol. In this situation, a trained merc would probably do something. Baaaad thing. So, you guys now that Sam is nearly completely ambidexterous. Maybe Sam could keep his knife grabbable with left hand, and the pistol with right. If so, Sam would keep the knife on NPC's throat, again ensuring that he's not going to resist and use his pistol on the other hand. Maybe if you press the action button once and hold it down after then, sam would grab the guy and in the same time pull out his pistol. useful in tight situatios, where you have a hurry to grab a guy and kill a light just in few seconds.

sam_fisher091
06-11-2005, 08:33 PM
i want to see a leval that is totally fifth freedom. like for instance, sam has to find and eliminate a leader of a terrorist group and defuse a nuke? fifth freedom, kill all, high adrenaline, all four attachments, knifing everyone? that would be a great stress relieving level.

spyder93090
06-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Heres an idea for SVM not Single Player

3 on 3 (with custom 3 on 3 maps)

[Spies]A ledge grab from everywhere (ie) Ledge grab from the back and the merc falls backwards, a ledge grab from the side and he spins like a wheel to the ground etc.

[Mercs]That move I posted on earlier. The rifle smash or the foot stomp.

[Spies] Use their P90 while in a neck hold (LIKE SAM ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Mythrander101
06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Things I want to see:

1. Bring back the SC:PT way of zooming, it's much easier to use, and more logical.

2. A mission that takes place in some ritzy (sp?) hotel where you can't kill anybody, but you have to interrogate some person in an upper suite. Start in basement, work way up.

More to come.

Myth101

suomursu
06-17-2005, 11:44 AM
for SvM, I (like many others) want RAGDOLL effects! They would be so nice ^^

sam_fisher091
06-18-2005, 02:05 PM
i want to be able to scroll through multiple sticky cameras, so you can set up a survelliance network throughout a level. also, i want the ledge grab to be put into SC4 on PS2 versions.

SABU1111
06-19-2005, 02:20 PM
The ledge grab is in the PS2 version.

One thing I'd like to see; less sparse and barren levels, there simply isn't enough enemies. The PS2 version of Chaos Theory was better in single player than the Xbox in CT because of this IMO. The levels were a little smaller, and there were more guards.

sam_fisher091
06-19-2005, 04:03 PM
the ledge grab isn't in PS2.

f16cxv
06-19-2005, 06:32 PM
ok, here is an idea, when you get the "grab character" thing, if you press A, you take out the knife, if you press X (for example) you grab with the pistol, hence you decide wether or not human sheild is useable...

Raakile91
06-24-2005, 03:23 AM
f16, I assume you are talking about xbox?

kevorjs
06-24-2005, 10:19 AM
1.Have Sarah get kidnapped by a terrorist which has requested Sam for a conference with millions of guard's.then you must pay as a younger spy who must get Sarah then when she's gone,Sam Fisher rip's off his suit(prefferably the one from sc cia)then it ends up they jump off a roof building.2.bring back the "cool" shotgun attachment from old new version.go to [URL=http://www.insidegameronline.com/xbox.php?view=games&action=view&id=642[/URL] and watch E3 vid's for the shot gun.

kevorjs
06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
that is the coolest thing you will see in your life,also the visions and HUD would be nice

Splinterz_1
06-24-2005, 10:50 AM
lots of missions (20-25 missions) and a few tropical missions. maybe add a new way of completing a missio, like in gr3. You don't do mission after mission, but instead the whole story is tight togheter and you walk,fly, or swim from missions to mission.

SABU1111
06-24-2005, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sam_fisher091:
the ledge grab isn't in PS2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is.

sam_fisher091
06-24-2005, 11:50 PM
but i tried freaking EVERYTHING do ledge grab the guy in lighthouse and it wouldn't work!

Raakile91
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
you just wait until the guards stops and get under him and press grab character and there you go. What hard is in that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif (remember to use nightvision to see his fall clearly) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

kevorjs
06-25-2005, 06:01 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

sam_fisher091
06-25-2005, 11:53 AM
but the website said the ledge grab was xbox exclusive? and it also said the water stealth kill is PS2 exclusive?

Ghost22290
06-25-2005, 09:53 PM
More custom ability, more black-ops weapons other than the f200 and the Five-seveN. More death moves like when hanging from a pipe and not pulling up your legs you can strangle npcs with your legs or something. And another mission when u get captured but like your stripped of everything and ur put into a jailcell even maybe sam gets trialed in UN court and you play as a new character to get him out.

XBOXman16
06-27-2005, 04:03 PM
A better storyline than in the previous 3 games, although SC1's storyline was pretty good.

*Anytime that I refer to you, I am refering to Sam*

Proposed Storyline:
During the Presidential Election/Campaign of 2008, the 2 candidates are set-up for a debate in Los Angeles. The CIA notices a lot of chatter on the internet the days preceding the debate, and provides this information to the NSA and Third Echelon. Col. Lambert and the Joint Cheifs take this chatter to be an attempt for a terrorist attack on the debate. The Joint Cheifs vote to have the debate cancelled, but the CIA feels that it would place the nation in panic, and therefore goes against the Joint Cheifs suggestion and let the debate go on and just add more security to the area. With all the extra security and attention on the debate in Los Angeles, a terrorist attack is attempted and successfully executed on the Empire State Building, the Sears Tower, the Space Needle, and the Golden Gate Bridge. The terrorist group also captures President David Bowers and holds him hostage in an undiscoled location. America is in shock and panic.

You, as Sam Fisher, are told you have to rescue the President and find out who organized today's attacks. The CIA and NSA have information reguarding an increasingly frequent terrorist group led by Alexsyav Vilsin of Ukraine. Sam is sent to Kiev, Ukraine, Vilsin's suspected hide-out. You find his hide-out abandoned. Searching through the building, you find a single computer. You turn it on and on the desktop it has only 1 thing: a 5 digit number. Searching around the the room you are in, you find a keypad. You type in the 5 digit number in the keypad and a door opens behind you. Though the door is another room with maps and points on the map. You radio back to Third Echelon telling them what you find. They bring you back to Headquarters, with the maps you found, and you are given you your next misson.

While Grim analyzes the maps, she finds an unusually marked dot in the middle of Nevada. You are sent to this location, but again, find nothing but an empty room with 1 computer. When you turn it on you find another 5 digit code. While you are searching for the trapdoor, Lambert chimes in to tell you that there has been another terrorist attack on the US Bank Tower in Los Angeles. You find the door with the keypad on it and inside is a map of Los Angeles with the US Bank Tower marked. You take it back to Third Echelon and receive your next misson.

Intelligence that has been collected finds that the terrorist attack on the US Bank Tower shows that it was carried out by another terrorist group. The CIA does weeks of research on it and finally comes to the conclusion that 1 Darah Dan Doa survivor has re-organized the group and ordered the terrorist attack. The leaders name is Setiawan Guntur. You go to the hide-out of Guntur, and find it is remarkably similar to the Heroin Village of Pandora Tomorrow. You do not find Guntur, but you do find one of his top associates. You bring him back to Third Echelon for interrogation. It is found out that Guntur is hiding in the Himilayain Mountains in Nepal. Bring your snow gear!

In Nepal, you have to find Guntur's location. Grim pulls up the live satelitte of the location Guntur's associate tells you. It shows that there is a small town about 2 1/2 miles from where you are. After riding a snow-mobile, you come to the village. You use a facial recognition system to find Gunter. He is in a meeting with his main "cabinet". You wait until the meeting is over, taking in important information, you burst into the meeting house. You hold up the men until Third Echelon's helicopter rendezvous with you at the location. After it reaches your location, you load the men onboard and start searching the building. Inside a room that you enter, you find a bomb set by a timer set to go off in 1 minute. You quickly run to the helicopter, jump on, and tell the pilot to go. You exfilitrate the area just in time, but you do not recover any important documents.

Interrogation of the 12 men you captured proves to no avail, as it seems that noone is on the verge of breaking. You, as Sam, choose to set-up a situation that will hopefully make Guntur crack. You capture his wife and 2 kids, and sit them in chairs at an undisclosed location. You videotape them and put them on a live screen in the interrogation room. WHile you are interrogating Gunter, you threaten to kill 1 of his children if he does not tell you everything he knows. He thinks you are bluffing, so you order one of the soldiers to kill one of the children. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif The soldier pushes the chair holding the child over and fires the gun at the child. Guntur doesn't know that the gun holds no bullets, just a blank. He cracks and tells you that he was working with Vilsin secretely, and was his top apprentice. He tells you Vilsin's last known location.

As you are nearing the age of retirement, Lambert sends a splinter cell in-training to be your partner in the next misson. His name is Jack Ryans. Per the interrogation of Guntur, you know that Vilsin is in Amsterdam, Netherlands. He called Gunter's cell phone a few days after the capture of him and told him to meet him there at the Holland Casino. Vilsin knows that Guntur was captured, so half the reason Ryans is your partner is to be your backup in the Casino capture. You and Ryans dress up in tuxedos instead of the normal splinter cell outfits to avoid detection. Vilsin and Gunter meet in the dining room of the casino and you are a table away and Ryans is on the other side of the room by the exit door. Gunter tells Vilsin who you are and that you are spying on them. Gunter gets up to go to the bathroom and Vilsin comes over to your table to have a talk with you. His men surround you and take you prisioner. Gunter did not go to the bathroom after all, he went to the roof, where Vilsin has a helicopter set up to exfilitrate you, Vilsin, Gunter, and the merceneries. You have been taken hostage.

Ryans is now the primary Splinter Cell, and his first mission is to rescue you and the President. Lambert tells Ryans that the President is the top priority in terms of rescue, but off the record, he tells him that he wants you back. Third Echelon knows where you are because when splinter cells are admitted into Third Echelon, they are implanted with a tracking chip underneath their skin. Ryans is sent to Paris, France, the location of you and presumably the President. Ryans gets there and a covert team is behind him to assist in exfiltration of any hostages he recovers (President Bowers or Fisher). Ryans kills all the marceneries guarding President Bowers, and the team takes him back to the osprey. Ryans is told to get out of there because the whole base is notified of your presence. The covert team obeys orders and leaves with the President on the Osprey and goes back to Third Echelon's secret European location. Ryans stays to find you. He eventually meets up with Vilsin, who ends up being in the same room as Fisher, interrogating him. Vilsin and Ryans draw their guns and point them at each others heads. After a long cutscene involving Ryans and Vilsin talking, 10 mercenaries rush into the room and surround Vilsin and Ryans. Right before Vilsin orders the mercenaries to shoot Ryans, a second covert team of 25 men enter the room and start shooting at everybody. They end up taking down everybody.................
but Sam Fisher.

What do you guys think?

f16cxv
06-27-2005, 05:07 PM
the best yet, with more missions I hope that they take afew of your ideas into consideration...

sam_fisher091
06-27-2005, 11:11 PM
I have another storyline:

APRIL 24TH, 2009: Colonel Kronwall, a respected Russian general with great knowledge of security
systems protecting the city of Moscow from Information Warefare attacks, has been kidnapped
by the Chinese. It must be determined who kidnapped him. In the first mission, Sam infiltrates a WWII training facility in just inside the Chinese/Russian border. Sam discovers that Colonel Kronwall has been killed. Next mission, Sam is in the Chinese Defense Ministry and finds the name of Yavinshaw's (the guy who kidnapped Kronwall) Chief Merceneary. Over the next few missions, Sam recovers intel that suggests that Kronwall was interrogated by a third party, who has recently purchased a weapon on the Eastern European Black Market, and that Stephen Parker, an ex CIA agent currently working for a private Ukranian bank is hiding intelligence about the Masse Kernels. In Mission 5, Sam discovers the name Matthias Trepainer. The next mission, Sam access's Trepainer's PC and finds out that he is forcing China and Russia into war. Before Sam can stop him, he launches an APL Algorithim (this is made up) missile at Moscow, which contaminates the water supply, killing thousands, from a Chinese operated military base in Finland, forcing Russia to invade China and effectively starting a war. In Mission 7, Sam finds out that Trepainer has done EVERYTHING, the kidnapping of Kronwall, the recovery of the Masse Kernels, forcing Parker to hide the intel on the Kernels, buying the APL missile and launching it. In the last three missions, Sam has to kill Yavinshaw, abduct Parker, destroy the Russian military servers and trail Trepainer. Finally, in Mission 11, Sam has to disarm another missile launcher that will launch a stolen Russian missile at Beijing. Then, Sam has to kill Trepainer, and recover the Masse Kernels and destroy them. Sam does, stoping WWIII for the third time.

MR.Mic
06-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh, how about 64 player deathmatch with wide-open spaces. Yeah, and helicopters and planes and ground vehicles. and aircaft carriers. Oh, and make it set in the middle east. Give mercs rocket launchers, and give spies thermonuclear detonators.

NOT

Raakile91
06-29-2005, 03:09 PM
hey mic, seems like you want to turn SC4 to BF3. J/K! I completely agree with you that what you told us is the last thing I want to see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Btw, I'm pretty sure that China will never have a militarybase in Finland (I'm from Finland myself). Still, great stories XBOXman16 and sam_fisher091. Those are one of the best stories I've heard so far. Keep up the good work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

sam_fisher091
06-29-2005, 05:48 PM
i know, but it would be a lot easier to strike Moscow from the East Coast of Finland then Beijing, because finland is WAY closer.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Hmmmm... sorry, I know this is old, but I didn't see it til now.

I would like to see clearer night vision. Make it like SC1!

Don't leave the coop ending in a lurch that really isn't an ending. I was looking forward to going on! LOL Make it longer for coop too.

New weapon....? Hmmmm... how about an alternating weapon that he can pick up and use in various areas (like a crowbar for a door, etc)... ? Something he'd have to find... and use his ingenuity with?

Just ideas. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

silentassasin05
08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Transcender:
(like a crowbar for a door, etc)... ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it isnt Half-Life

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif That was just an example. It wouldn't have to be that. LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

silentassasin05
08-16-2005, 03:06 PM
just messing with you. i kinda like the crowbar idea. maybe use it to remove planks on doors, like on the lighthouse level. then pick up the loose plank and wack some people over the head with it. i need to get out more

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2005, 03:10 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Oh yeah! The ultimate in stealth moves.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif Can he do it quietly when there's 4 guys just on the other side of the wall.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

j/k!

But seriously, maybe he could pick up something small... like a keycard or something for a door. Or dead drop items....?

silentassasin05
08-16-2005, 03:14 PM
pick up a dead rat, chuck it in a room full of guards and watch them running out screaming like girls.(no offence)

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2005, 03:16 PM
ha ha ha!!! funny thing is, it would probably work.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

silentassasin05
08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
how about being able to make them scared like in Geist

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Or be able to drive something... like a boat, or a car, or truck....

silentassasin05
08-16-2005, 04:31 PM
repeatedly run over people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2005, 04:36 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif LMAO It'd be cool if you could jump on a truck, slit the guys/drivers throat.. then climb in before it crashes... LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

silentassasin05
08-17-2005, 04:20 AM
or do a Homer. jump out of the car, roll down the slope, over a small bump and somehow landing back into the car before pumelling of a cliff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

what a life

Pheonix250
08-17-2005, 10:46 PM
hey ppl i heard rumors about splinter cell 4 from this french site. heres what it says:
European videogames site Jeux-France has posted unconfirmed information regarding the next Splinter Cell from French super publisher Ubisoft.

According to the blog-like update thing from some dude, Ubisoft is currently developing the still tentatively titled Splinter Cell 4, to be released in March of 2006 for Xbox, PS2, PC and Xbox 360. The bit of gossip goes on to mention that Sony passed on a version of Splinter Cell 4 for its ominous PS3 console in favor of whatever Ubi plans to do with Splinter Cell 5.
While details are scarce, the rumor mentions that Splinter Cell 4 should take place in Madrid, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, New York and Berlin and will feature some kind of drivable boat and Sam Fisher maintenance mechanic, which may include eating and training.

We'll have more details on the next Splinter Cell if and when they become available.

Think its becoming alittle like MGS series where u have to eat but thats kool wit me!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sam_fisher091
08-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Dude... You really, REALLY should know that the info is complete bullc*rap.

Derwen_Llewelyn
08-18-2005, 03:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pheonix250:
hey ppl i heard rumors about splinter cell 4 from this french site. heres what it says:
European videogames site Jeux-France has posted unconfirmed information regarding the next Splinter Cell from French super publisher Ubisoft.

According to the blog-like update thing from some dude, Ubisoft is currently developing the still tentatively titled Splinter Cell 4, to be released in March of 2006 for Xbox, PS2, PC and Xbox 360. The bit of gossip goes on to mention that Sony passed on a version of Splinter Cell 4 for its ominous PS3 console in favor of whatever Ubi plans to do with Splinter Cell 5.
While details are scarce, the rumor mentions that Splinter Cell 4 should take place in Madrid, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, New York and Berlin and will feature some kind of drivable boat and Sam Fisher maintenance mechanic, which may include eating and training.

We'll have more details on the next Splinter Cell if and when they become available.

Think its becoming alittle like MGS series where u have to eat but thats kool wit me!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1.The French site is a huge BS. Its a pointless rumour.

2. Sc4 is not GTA.

Raakile91
08-18-2005, 05:39 AM
fortunately... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

silentassasin05
08-18-2005, 08:02 AM
on expert mode, i dont want to see the OCP. it makes the game too easy