PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Disk Key

Salrillian
08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I reinstalled Splinter Cell recently to hopefully fix some issue where the game quit whenever I tried to start it up. Now, on trying to start the game, I'm asked for a disk key. I still have the game's box, which has the "install key code" written on it, but when I try to enter it, I get an error message.

Would it be possible to get a new disk key?

Salrillian
08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I reinstalled Splinter Cell recently to hopefully fix some issue where the game quit whenever I tried to start it up. Now, on trying to start the game, I'm asked for a disk key. I still have the game's box, which has the "install key code" written on it, but when I try to enter it, I get an error message.

Would it be possible to get a new disk key?

scpenny
08-23-2006, 05:10 AM
I had the same problem and I called the tech support helpline on 01889 570589 and they gave me a new cd key, good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Warrior0fLight
08-23-2006, 11:49 AM
And once you get the new key and if it still crashes, uninstall the M$ hotfix KB917422. It will cause the game to crash back to the desktop, and is a known issue that M$ is looking into.

Basically what it does it make it so the game can't read/write the .ini files in the game directory. You can keep the security patch functionality by searching M$ for that Knowledge Base article and following the instructions in the "Workaround" section, once you remove the "official" patch.

beastoftheeast1
09-26-2006, 01:19 PM
if u havent figred it out yet. when typeing in the cd key code, jsut type in the first line. there should only be 25 letters.