PDA

View Full Version : Female Protagonist Poll

Lordikris
12-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
Nooooooo, it 40% of the AC Fanbase just flying away, boeoe.

This person thinks that 40% of the fans won't play Assassin's Creed if the character is female.

Steelbadger
12-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Of course I would.

If the story remains as compelling; the gameplay as enjoyable and the characterization as intricate as it has been up till now I have no problem with a female protagonist.

The problems female protagonists often have are a complete lack of depth, as if the defining feature they were based from was simply 'Is Female'. I'm fairly confidant, however, that Ubi wouldn't fall into that trap.

Lordikris
12-28-2010, 03:47 PM
The original forum here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/8841087009 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8841087009)

StarZtorm
12-28-2010, 03:50 PM
To be honest, this is all blown up. There are many great, even legendary titles with female characters.

If your gonna pass out on a A+++ title because the main character is female, then your gonna miss out on alot of fun.

notafanboy
12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
damn... 3 female assassin threads in one day ?

Redfeather1975
12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
If the next AC game has a female protagonist, I would seriously consider quitting the consideration of whether I may wish to never play an AC game again.

Wrap yer head around that.
I still can't. I'll assume it is completely non-commital though. lol

Lordikris
12-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:

haha I started this poll because of one of them.

Inorganic9_2
12-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Not this again! Stop dredging this up >_<

ChaosxNetwork
12-28-2010, 04:00 PM
This should not have been brought back up but in a way I am happy, that guy was Arrogant, Narrow minded, Sexist and annoying.
Yes I would it would be just as good as a male no worse no better.

drizzit986
12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Of course I would. If we go into the French Revolution next, it would have a lot of historical context to go off of sinse the French woman during that time were fighting for thier rights, often times with swords O.o.

One last comment(for the sexest from the other thread that was closed)...you can take that 40% and put it on the shelf next to the rest of the made up statistics. At least 8 million coppies of AC2 have been sold. If you can say that 3.2 million people at least will not play if there was a female then you must be one of the First Civilazation with the 6th sence. Even if you were correct and only 4.8 million people buy the game instead of 8 million that still gives them a revenue of at least 200 million and that ant half bad.

Lordikris
12-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by drizzit986:
Of course I would. If we go into the French Revolution next, it would have a lot of historical context to go off of sinse the French woman during that time were fighting for thier rights, often times with swords O.o.

One last comment...you can take that 40% and put it on the shelf next to the rest of the made up statistics.

TOTALLY NOT my made up percentage.. I really wouldn't mind if it was a female or male.

Avl521
12-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I know I would.
Whether male or female, if the gameplay is as good, the story as interesting and conspirations and puzzles as mind twisitng, and if the game visuals (characters mostly) improve, I'd OBVIOUSLY play the next game.

ThaWhistle
12-28-2010, 04:05 PM
i voted no to be a contrarian *** hole and to help fuel more fires around here.

drizzit986
12-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Lordikris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drizzit986:

One last comment...you can take that 40% and put it on the shelf next to the rest of the made up statistics.

TOTALLY NOT my made up percentage.. I really wouldn't mind if it was a female or male. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it wasnt you, i clarified in my post who I was talking too

Jarek23
12-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll still play it but I might have to change my deodorant to secret...strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

hmmm...sounded funny in my head, looks heh on my screen...posting anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Avl521
12-28-2010, 04:32 PM
I would seriously consider quitting the consideration of whether I may wish to never play an AC game again.

Holy ****...
that one is hard.
I may have gotten the meaning but whatever it's too much typing to try and explain. So I decided I'd rather not think about it.

slaro
12-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I Pb wouldnt play the game anymore. Then the historical and identifiable (I can't identify myself anymore with the character) aspect dissapears. Many is known why i think that.
I wont post here so no flame war again.

caswallawn_2k7
12-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:

it's what all the cool kids are doing apparently http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h204/psychokiller_photos/dead-horse-fast2.gif

CharDude
12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by slaro:
I Pb wouldnt play the game anymore. Then the historical and identifiable aspect dissapears.
The rest is known why i think that.
I wont post here so no flame war again. Slaro....more like shallow. I hope you're happy, you've ****ed off 80% of the crowd you tried to convince. Look at what you did, like 0943864386 female topics a day now. D:

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I would but it definitely wouldn't be as enjoyable for me. With all the sex it would be very creepy seeing the char I'm trying to relate to having sex with a dude, and if they made a female the protagonist then they would make you flirt with guys to get info and such.

Creepy? Definitely
Un-playable? No
As enjoyable? No

caswallawn_2k7
12-28-2010, 04:53 PM
With all the sex it would be very creepy seeing the char I'm trying to relate to having sex with a dude
why would they need sex? or do you just think because it is a woman she needs to shag every target before she can kill them?

Avl521
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
^ This

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With all the sex it would be very creepy seeing the char I'm trying to relate to having sex with a dude
why would they need sex? or do you just think because it is a woman she needs to shag every target before she can kill them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you may know AC has a lot of sexual tension because Ezio is pretty much a womanizer. No I don't just think that, not too sure how you got that brilliant idea into your head.

Avl521
12-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Ezio may be a womanizer.
That doesn't mean every character in the game is.
Alta´r wasn't.
Desmond isn't.
The female assassin doesn't have to be.

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
Ezio may be a womanizer.
That doesn't mean every character in the game is.
Alta´r wasn't.
Desmond isn't.
The female assassin doesn't have to be.

You're right, she doesn't have to be. I was just imagining Ezio as a woman and that's what I came up with.

CharDude
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Yea, I think you're just used to Ezio being a complete pimplord. I kind of am too. xD

A female assassin can be just as serious as Altair, and I really doubt Ubisoft would ever make the female assassin have so much sexual tension.

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CharDude2010:
Yea, I think you're just used to Ezio being a complete pimplord. I kind of am too. xD

A female assassin can be just as serious as Altair, and I really doubt Ubisoft would ever make the female assassin have so much sexual tension.

I agree with you there, I doubt Ubi would ever put that sexual stuff in. If they wouldn't put that stuff in then I wouldn't mind a female assassin, but I would still prefer a male.

Black_Widow9
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Please stop creating new Threads/Polls about the same Topic. If you continue to do so you will find yourself on vacation.
You can post about this here but if you cannot keep it respectful you will again find yourself on vacation. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
Female character. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1561014708/p/1)

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>