PDA

View Full Version : What type shortwave or radios's were used in subs

MWolfe1963
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Do we have any pro users around here...? To be more specific, anyone have a good understanding of they type of radio's subs used or some detailed links. Can't really find much info.

Did all ships use the same basic shortwave..medium wave, whatever receiver and subs configured differently or did subs use a different system...Any info on the name and models that were provided to subs?

My uncle has a E.H. Scott model RCH that he is giving me, just wondered what models were used on subs.....

MWolfe1963
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Do we have any pro users around here...? To be more specific, anyone have a good understanding of they type of radio's subs used or some detailed links. Can't really find much info.

Did all ships use the same basic shortwave..medium wave, whatever receiver and subs configured differently or did subs use a different system...Any info on the name and models that were provided to subs?

My uncle has a E.H. Scott model RCH that he is giving me, just wondered what models were used on subs.....

Ducimus_Rapax
01-28-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.maritime.org/radiocat.htm

MWolfe1963
01-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks Duc..I recall seeing that now. Still trying to figure who made the radios, what manufactuer"s" Like the model my uncle is giving me by EH Scott..that he says was used on ww2 warships. Did find some good youtube vid...wonder what model was used on subs or if it was just considered RAC, RAL, ect...whatever that stands for.

Well, here comes the snow....oh boy,