PDA

View Full Version : Mp could be better

Tatterz
11-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Though I think a lot of things were addressed in this game and balanced, there are still some issues. Ubi ended up fixing some things, which broke some other things, I think.

Everybody knows that the kill and stun are now the same distance. Problem is, the kill button appears over every persons head, while the stun button only appears above your pursuers. You may not even know your pursuer is around you but the stun icon gives you away.
This makes Focus and Poison almost useless, because to get that close to your target you are within stun range. AND if it's contested, you lose ingog/silent and they may not have known you were there in the first place if there was a stun button above your head.

My suggestion: ONLY make Stun Range = Kill Range IF you are locked on the your pursuer. In other words, if you have an idea that someone is your pursuer, you lock onto them, THEN you have the same stun range as their kill. That way, they actually deserve a contested kill since they suspected you and not just because there was a red "B" button above their head.

And honestly, poison feels useless now. Anybody agree? And even if I successfully poison, I still get stunned easily after I give them the dose.

ALSO
As much as Wanted is my favorite game type, it has some persistent issues. One thing that annoys me is the Domino Effect in Wanted: One person climbs on the roof for safety an to be rewarded with Aerial bonus. Subsequently, their pursuer goes on the roof to try to kill him. The pursuers pursuer then goes on the roof, etc. Same thing with running...WHY ARE THE NEW MAPS SO BIG? This only promotes running. If their target is a mile away, they'll try to close the gap by running, which trickles down the "pursuer line". Ultimately Templars who aren't your target do affect your target and your pursuer.

THIS is why deathmatch is so enjoyable..the small maps. They greatly discourage roofing and running and roofers/runners are disposed of quickly because there are usually one or two roofs per map. Also, it's pretty much the only game type where the RDM isn't as much of a pain.

Conclusion: the mp is very unique and enjoyable, but it's flaws need to be taken care of. I'm not sure how a bunch of balancing issues went under Ubis radar, especially with a beta. Ubi has made some of the best MP games I've played in the past, but their quality MP games always seem to deteriorate (I'm lOoking at you Splinter Cell). Hopefully the mp isn't jacked-up-beyond-relief in AC3

Tatterz
11-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Though I think a lot of things were addressed in this game and balanced, there are still some issues. Ubi ended up fixing some things, which broke some other things, I think.

Everybody knows that the kill and stun are now the same distance. Problem is, the kill button appears over every persons head, while the stun button only appears above your pursuers. You may not even know your pursuer is around you but the stun icon gives you away.
This makes Focus and Poison almost useless, because to get that close to your target you are within stun range. AND if it's contested, you lose ingog/silent and they may not have known you were there in the first place if there was a stun button above your head.

My suggestion: ONLY make Stun Range = Kill Range IF you are locked on the your pursuer. In other words, if you have an idea that someone is your pursuer, you lock onto them, THEN you have the same stun range as their kill. That way, they actually deserve a contested kill since they suspected you and not just because there was a red "B" button above their head.

And honestly, poison feels useless now. Anybody agree? And even if I successfully poison, I still get stunned easily after I give them the dose.

ALSO
As much as Wanted is my favorite game type, it has some persistent issues. One thing that annoys me is the Domino Effect in Wanted: One person climbs on the roof for safety an to be rewarded with Aerial bonus. Subsequently, their pursuer goes on the roof to try to kill him. The pursuers pursuer then goes on the roof, etc. Same thing with running...WHY ARE THE NEW MAPS SO BIG? This only promotes running. If their target is a mile away, they'll try to close the gap by running, which trickles down the "pursuer line". Ultimately Templars who aren't your target do affect your target and your pursuer.

THIS is why deathmatch is so enjoyable..the small maps. They greatly discourage roofing and running and roofers/runners are disposed of quickly because there are usually one or two roofs per map. Also, it's pretty much the only game type where the RDM isn't as much of a pain.

Conclusion: the mp is very unique and enjoyable, but it's flaws need to be taken care of. I'm not sure how a bunch of balancing issues went under Ubis radar, especially with a beta. Ubi has made some of the best MP games I've played in the past, but their quality MP games always seem to deteriorate (I'm lOoking at you Splinter Cell). Hopefully the mp isn't jacked-up-beyond-relief in AC3