PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes in certain areas

H_Eagle
08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Everytime I play Driver (on pc) and drive a while the game freezes for a short time, then resumes.. And if I make a turn to drive the same part back it happens again. So it happens at certain parts, like it loads areas. Is there any way to fix this?

H_Eagle
08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Everytime I play Driver (on pc) and drive a while the game freezes for a short time, then resumes.. And if I make a turn to drive the same part back it happens again. So it happens at certain parts, like it loads areas. Is there any way to fix this?

driver_madness
08-18-2007, 10:00 AM
just to confirm as there is confusion sometimes is this "Driver: You are the Wheelman" your talking about or "Driver: Parallel Lines"?

H_Eagle
08-19-2007, 12:10 PM
It's Parallel Lines, and I read in the readme file that some pc's have pauses during gameplay.. But it doesn't say if there is any fix..

driver_madness
08-19-2007, 11:53 PM
If you can give me your system specs this will help me targeting the problem quite quickly.

Me I had that problem, when I had 512MB ram, I upgraded to 1.5gig and the problem is completely gone.

So just a simple upgrade will do the trick.
But if you could show me your system specs I can tell you what could be causing it if you wanted to upgrade.

H_Eagle
08-29-2007, 11:50 AM
I have 1 gig but I don't think that's the problem. In the readme it says it's the hard drive. I went to support.ubi.com a time ago but they don't respond.. they never do..

Symantecus
08-29-2007, 02:32 PM
You need more memory partner. 1GB is considered half full these days. You need another gig so the game can load more territory in memory and do less disc swapping.

InsaneDriver06
09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
PC's need graphic card upgrades, processor increases, more RAM, etc. It's constant maintenence to play the latest games, and sometimes, a new PC is needed if the old one's too old.

That's one reason I stopped playing PC games, and just play consoles, which are designed to handle all the games (but even with an occasional crash).