PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes can't split stacks?

soulfire777
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I know you shift-drag a stack to split it into 2 smaller groups, but sometimes that doesn't seem to work. I have fewer than 7 stacks (so it seems like I should be allowed to split one), but no matter how many times I try the shift drag, sometimes it just moves the entire stack instead of splitting it.

This is happening to me in the tactical phase, but other times I am allowed to split stacks in the tactical phase. Is there some undocumented restriction on when you can and cannot split stacks, or is this bugged?

soulfire777
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I know you shift-drag a stack to split it into 2 smaller groups, but sometimes that doesn't seem to work. I have fewer than 7 stacks (so it seems like I should be allowed to split one), but no matter how many times I try the shift drag, sometimes it just moves the entire stack instead of splitting it.

This is happening to me in the tactical phase, but other times I am allowed to split stacks in the tactical phase. Is there some undocumented restriction on when you can and cannot split stacks, or is this bugged?

soulfire777
05-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Is nobody else having this problem?

Labyrinth
05-26-2006, 01:56 PM
What I experienced several times is, that I was just releasing the Shift key immediately before I released the mouse. The key, however, is only required at onMouseRelease. Are you sure you got this right?

Generally, I don't know about any splitting restrictions. But still, splitting in the tactics phase could have been solved a bit better. Currently, splitting works only on the bar with the creature icons - I'd like to split them on the battlefield...

Vision_ToL
05-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Hold shift
hold mouse button to Select stack
move stack
let go of mouse button to de-select stack
see split dialog
let go of shift
enter amount to split by

soulfire777
05-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I know how to do it, and it ALWAYS works properly except in tactical mode for some reason. I just can't get it to work in tactical mode.

Vision_ToL
05-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

The only way I get it working in tactical mode is to put the stack back in the bar at the bottom, then do the normal split

Cant do a split on the battlefield itself, if that is what you are trying.