PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice.......

XxCH0NGxX
12-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Friend told me he was on a map a few days ago and saw a sign in game advertising I Am Legend. He said before that it used to be for the Simpson's movie. I haven't played the game in a long time, but next time I do, i'll check it out and see what map it's on.

XxCH0NGxX
12-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Friend told me he was on a map a few days ago and saw a sign in game advertising I Am Legend. He said before that it used to be for the Simpson's movie. I haven't played the game in a long time, but next time I do, i'll check it out and see what map it's on.

Cons72
12-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Dynamic advertising. Ubisoft is payed based on number of player views and/or how much time the ad is visible to players. In my jaded opinion, it is one of the reasons Ubi put in the ranking system tied to unlcoking armor, camo, and weapons in Vegas - to keep people playing for the unlocks in order to generate more ad revenue.

Start here, then do some more searches if you want to more about it.

"Increasing Internet connectivity has led to the growth of dynamic in-game advertising. Unlike the fixed adverts found in static in-game ads, dynamic adverts can be altered remotely by the advertising agency. Adverts can be tailored according to geographical location or time of day, allowing for the delivery of time-critical advertising campaigns, such as those publicizing a movie launch. Information can be sent back from the player's machine regarding advert performance; data such as time spent looking at adverts, type of advert and viewing angle[10] may be used to better formulate future campaigns and also allows the advertising agency to offer more flexible advertising campaigns to their clients.[11] THQ also commented on how data collected from in-game advertising had an unexpected benefit as a design tool, "If the character is stuck in front of a brick wall with an ad poster on it, we know that the level might be too hard. We now see the ad-tracking system as a way to find ways to improve on a game's design".[9] Because dynamic advertising campaigns do not have to be hard-coded into the game by artists and programmers, the need for advertisers to formulate and insert campaigns months in advance of a games launch is negated.[2]

Examples of dynamic in-game advertising include the 2005 computer game SWAT 4 by Irrational Games. Version 1.1 of the game featured dynamic in-game adverts delivered by Massive Incorporated, these adverts were used to publicise forthcoming television shows targeted at a US audience. These time and location sensitive adverts would not have been effective if delivered through a static in-game advertising campaign.[10]

Another is Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas. This too dynamically advertises recent media releases."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-game_advertising

beonder13
12-26-2007, 12:12 PM
The most obvious location is at the offensive spawn on embassy seige. There is a billboard that changes often. I have seen a half dozen or so changes so far. There are billboards/posters on other maps as well.