PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how people here feel about cd protection.

FNG_NaiL
09-22-2007, 06:55 AM
In my opinin CD-key is the only good protection.
seems that any other protection sceme gets cracked in a matter of day's.
Besides i always use nocd cracks since i have over 15 games i play regulary. Hassleling with CD/DVD's is not an option. Since there is no crack for the GRAW2 1.04 patch im kinda stuck. but for now the SP has me occupied so no big deal ATM.

BPR-MiK
09-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Like me who was only told a few weeks ago you evidently don`t realise that you don`t need GRAW2 in the drive to run it....thre`s no need for a no-cd crack http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Well played GRIN !

Syrfer
09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I didn't like any of the options on the poll so I'll add my opinion here.

I think the stunt they pulled with BIOWare is ridiculous. Some security is completely understandable but lets not get carried away.

Everything and anything will get cracked given enough time so there's really no point over doing it. In the end it's the honest consumers to really pay the price for all the over the top anti-pirating measures.

I know there are plenty of people who love to get stuff for free. Even guys I know who are 30+ with very good paying jobs. It's like they get a buzz and they feel good about themselves because they got something for nothing. It's sad IMO.

Me I went through the download and cracking phase in the first few years that I entered the PC gaming world but I got over it. Especially being employed and being able to afford to buy a game from time to time. It's so much easier to just go buy a legit copy.

Want2Snipe
09-22-2007, 10:43 AM
To me, is just a matter of principle... if I pay for something, it becomes mine and I can do what I please with it.

If I pay for it and you're going to tell me what I can or can't do with it, then... give it to me for FREE and I will avide by your rules (so to speak).

Yes, some people will pirate games regadless but others will do so out of spite because of the hassle with the security once you have paid for the item.

If you buy a car and or motorcycle, do you want them telling you what tires or muffles, etc, you need to use in your vehicle to have fun with it?

baff6
09-22-2007, 12:23 PM
For me the lack of CD protection was the deciding factor in buying the game.

It'a bit of a warty old software. But they have made a couple of good efforts to make it user friendly.

Auto updates and no stupid anti-piracy.
If this was going to be a warty old software and required finding new cracks every patch.....I'd quite simply never have even bothered with it.
I have the game set up on my LAN and the system administration is just too much effort to mess around with patches and cracks everytime me and the lads fancy a quick game.

Not much point catering for pirates in my opinion.
Make the game for the people who are willing to pay.