PDA

View Full Version : not ready for market

thedeakin
03-28-2005, 09:51 AM
I have to agree although not as venomiously as some others. This game has too many errors to be on the market. maybe the testers in romania arent as devoted as Americans. who can say. Someone on UBI thought that the game was ready and it honestly isnt.
be honest guys

sorry for the joke about romanians. If i really offended anyone you should go and cry to your mommies

columbo12345678
03-28-2005, 10:08 AM
agreed %100

SaxonThegn
03-28-2005, 10:59 AM
'maybe the testers in romania arent as devoted as Americans'? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Plenty of games come from the US that are bugged to hell. Keep your elitist fantasies for bedtime.

steve_v
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/catreadingnewspapercan.jpg

jwojak
03-28-2005, 09:27 PM
In response to the deakin's message above, I have to agree completely. There are plenty of us here in America who are really disappointed with this game.

Is it even possible to sink ships in this game?

I've had a cloud of smoke following me for an entire mission. I can sail over to it, through it, and around it and it never goes away. What the hell is that?

Why can't you delete all the legs of a planned course without having to return the eraser to the toolbar each time you erase one waypoint? It only allows me to erase one waypoint at a time. I have to "drop" the eraser and grab it again to delete each leg of the journey individually.

I admit I don't have the whole torpedo aiming skill down, but if this is supposed to be realistic, like a U-Boat during WW II, how did the Germans sink anything at all?

I'll keep trying though. I guess its back to Half Life 2.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Ron-V.Aeternus
03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
LOL !

Don't always blame the devs.
Keep in mind that a computer is a computer, and most of the time it's because of your very own system that the game has bugs. A program is always computer dependant.

It's not the devs fault that they didn't experienced any of these bugs on their systems.

Like myself, i don't met any kind of bugs.
Saves works fine, no crashes, when i pick eraser tool i can keep using it as long as I want, and i can sink ships just fine, ...

I only have that pixel shader thing whenever I use my binoculars at front of my ship, but that has something to do with NVidea cards and so not devs fault.

And if you can't sink ships:
- read the manual
- pass the exams in naval academy
- and search for tips and tactics on forums
- alternatively; read U-boat commanders handbook

Frederf220
03-29-2005, 04:56 AM
It's true no modern software works 100% of the time on 100% of the computers.

But, it seems that the game released has several obvious, noticable oversights that affect all or most players.

In my experience and opinion the game devs of Easter Europe are the hardest working, most creative game devs on the planet. Operation Flashpoint came from the Czech Republic for example. I think they care a great deal about their game and thus I can only conclude they were unable to satisfactorily remedy these errors due to outside publisher pressures.

RocketDog
03-29-2005, 05:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jwojak:
Why can't you delete all the legs of a planned course without having to return the eraser to the toolbar each time you erase one waypoint? It only allows me to erase one waypoint at a time. I have to "drop" the eraser and grab it again to delete each leg of the journey individually.

I admit I don't have the whole torpedo aiming skill down, but if this is supposed to be realistic, like a U-Boat during WW II, how did the Germans sink anything at all?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can delete all the waypoints by selecting the plotting tool (the triangle) and then hitting SHIFT-PAGE DOWN. You can do the same with any other type of marking on the map. Select the appropriate tool and hit SHIFT-PAGE DOWNto clear the map of that type of marking (NB, this is from memory, so hit F1 to get the commands menu on screen and check the key strokes, although I think it's also mentioned in the manual).

Statistically, most U-boat captains didn't sink anything at all. Torpedoes from WWII were crude and difficult to use weapons. This is reflected in SH3, which is attempting to be a simulation rather than a game. I did all the tutorial missions and the exams, then on my first two war patrols missed with every torpedo I fired.

Remember, this is a sim, not a game like HL-2, so the sales are not large and the development budget is correspondingly tiny. As a result there are bound to be bugs to be sorted once it's released. The same has been true for IL-2, which has been developed over time into an excellent bit of software. The limited budgets mean that the best we can expect is a slightly buggy release with subsequent patches, because the alternative is no release at all.

I don't know what your "cloud" is. Possibly something to do with graphics card settings. Please start a new thread and post a screenshot and people will be pleased to offer what help they can.

Regards,

RocketDog.

Frederf220
03-29-2005, 05:35 AM
Btw that's SHIFT-DEL not SHIFT-PGDN

RocketDog
03-29-2005, 05:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thedeakin:
I have to agree although not as venomiously as some others. This game has too many errors to be on the market. maybe the testers in romania arent as devoted as Americans. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IL-2 = Russian with French publishers.

CFS3 = American with American publishers.

That's your argument demolished.

Regards,

RocketDog.

RocketDog
03-29-2005, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frederf220:
Btw that's SHIFT-DEL not SHIFT-PGDN <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Fred! I thought I might have got it wrong.

Regards,

RocketDog.

jwojak
03-29-2005, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In my experience and opinion the game devs of Easter Europe are the hardest working, most creative game devs on the planet. Operation Flashpoint came from the Czech Republic for example. I think they care a great deal about their game and thus I can only conclude they were unable to satisfactorily remedy these errors due to outside publisher pressures. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Frederf220. I agree with you on this one. One of my all time favorites is Serious Sam developed by the CroTeam. That game is/was just pure shoot-em-up fun from E. Europe. The Balkans no less!

I'm not giving up on SHIII however. I just sank my first destroyer last night! Too bad it was a German destroyer. Oops. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

jwojak
03-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Also thank you to RocketDog for the info above on deleting waypoints.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Maniak82_05
03-29-2005, 10:32 AM
The only thing we can say, that is a shame to sell a not ready and tested game...we have not paid for testing this game.
I'don't know why ubi have do that...for spare money ?

sgr_wilson
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>. "maybe the testers in romania arent as devoted as Americans". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you play SH2?... developed,programmed & tested in the good old US of A. A dismal game and buggy as hell! I'd take the Romanian SH3 over that pile any day.

thedeakin
03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
my original comment was to "be honest with the readiness of this software" I think some of you are a little distracted by a halfhearted comment about Romania. It was a joke, I have no facts which to base that statement. No do I think that America puts out the best of everything. So in the effort to keep this post from becomming a political debate I appologise.