PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt tips

Mouse03
06-16-2011, 07:16 AM
So yesterday i finally bit the bullet and decided to play Manhunt for the very first time. Appologies if i played with or against anyone who reads this, lol.

It's a crazy world out there, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
And even nuttier when you're playing with randoms.

Anyway, since i'm very new to this, i've had a look at some videos, but just wondering what tips people may have? Or if anyone is willing to maybe play a few games with me? I'm on PC.

This lock-stealing...what is it? I see locks on top of people's heads, but they're all the same.
Do they change at all? Because if they do, i didn't notice anything.

Any abilities that are better? Everyone i saw had templar, firecrackers and charge. All which make sense.

What's this switching targets about? Don't quite understand. The game assigns a target to you, doesn't it? So why wouldn't people just go for their own targets?

Sorry for all the questions. Any advice/help is much appreciated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mouse03
06-16-2011, 07:16 AM
So yesterday i finally bit the bullet and decided to play Manhunt for the very first time. Appologies if i played with or against anyone who reads this, lol.

It's a crazy world out there, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
And even nuttier when you're playing with randoms.

Anyway, since i'm very new to this, i've had a look at some videos, but just wondering what tips people may have? Or if anyone is willing to maybe play a few games with me? I'm on PC.

This lock-stealing...what is it? I see locks on top of people's heads, but they're all the same.
Do they change at all? Because if they do, i didn't notice anything.

Any abilities that are better? Everyone i saw had templar, firecrackers and charge. All which make sense.

What's this switching targets about? Don't quite understand. The game assigns a target to you, doesn't it? So why wouldn't people just go for their own targets?

Sorry for all the questions. Any advice/help is much appreciated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cbapiaz
06-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Feel the same way as you do XD.
I would apreciate those tips too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BigBalledEagle
06-16-2011, 07:42 AM
The purpose of switching targets is so that you can more accurately find the opponents. You always have one person as the primary target, and the other players are denoted by little arrow indicators surrounding the compass. If you switch back and forth between targets, it will enable you to find them more precisely. It is kinda hard to explain and just takes a little practice.

Regarding locks, if you are on the killing team, that means that one of your teammates believes he has identified the opponent. If you notice one of your teammates right next to or close to the lock, you should not steal it. There is nothing more frustrating than getting a beautiful lock only to have a teammate rush in and steal it. However, I recommend getting your own locks or maybe taking the locks put on by others if none of your teammates are closer to it than you are.

Locks should usually not be used for an extended period of time on defense. Many people use it to indicate their pursuer, but usually the pursuer is seen by the other players as well. Sometimes defensive locks can prevent you from getting stuns, so you should avoid this in most cases.

In terms of defensive strategy, try to stay close to teammates if possible. Don't just run around; you will not get any points at all that way. Instead, you should rack up blend points until you spot your pursuer. Then go for a stun or two using Mute and/or Smoke. Reset Cooldowns is the best loss streak because you will regain your abilities every time you die, so you can take a very aggressive defensive approach. Personally, I am pleased if I have a match with 6 deaths but about 12 stuns. I try to get 2 stuns before each death on average.

In terms of offensive abilities, I personally use Rapid Reload Disguise and Slow Acting Poison. This is one of the best ways to rack up quick points if you are able to accurately identify the proper target. If you tend to kill civilians often, I would not recommend this profile. In this case, you could go with Firecrackers and Disguise or Firecrackers and Smoke. I would not recommend Templar Vision because it makes you glow like a Christmas tree; therefore you are very obviously a pursuer. Charge is an ok ability, but try to use it from a walking blend group to at least get the +200 Hidden bonus. Otherwise, you are using an ability that does not allow you to gain any additional points for the kill.

Offensively, you should try to make sure that all of your kills are worth at least 300 points (Silent or Incognito). Your goal should be to get a 5 Kill Silent Streak every match; this gives you a +750 bonus and is a huge help to your individual and team scores. If you notice one particular target who is just aimlessly running around on the roofs, you should probably just go after a different target because you will end up wasting a lot of time on that one target. It is not worth it to chase after somebody and get a Discreet or Chase kill. Also, you should never use the Hidden Gun if you are playing seriously with the intent of winning.

I hope you found these tips to be helpful.

lynx_1985
06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
When ever I play with randomers there is always something frustrating that happens, either with the locking as mentioned above, you lock on to someone and they kill your target. A good example of this was when I was trying to get a bench to bench kill I locked my target and waited for the focus, and then some clown off my team ran around the corner and shot the person on the bench. After this happened to me, when ever I play with randoms now and they steal kills I lock the wrong persona intentionally, they go into kill them lose their contract, get stunned and reveal the target!

For offense I would strongly advise you not to use poison with randomers, they will kill the person you poisoned 9/10! Profile that I use on offense is RR Disguisse and RR Templar vision, wall runner and silent hunter, 5 silent kill streak and i think boost cool downs, cant remember my last one!

Defense, as bigballedeagle said, try not to lock on to your pursuer, it can prevent people from getting the circle promt to stun people. Profile I use RR Mute and RR smoke bomb, blender and overall cooldowns, 3 silent kill streak (irrelevant in manhunt but I use my wanted defense profile in manhunt) and boost cool downs.

Kramerisgamer
06-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Definitely use rr disguise and rr templar vision(good for acrobatic focus hidden kills if they don't see you!)

I used to use slow poison but I realized that rr disguise gives 200 pts for 40 sec cooldown and poison is 300 pts for 80 secs. So poison would need to give 400 pts to be as good as disguise.

And plus disguise makes you practically invisible and randoms steal poison.

thergbcolor
06-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Agree with lynx and kramer. RR Disguise and RR Templar Vision has a lot of great uses - TV can allow you to spot for your teammates (if you're in a group) or spot for yourself (If you're with randoms). I find that not focusing on trying to get a poison off - simply popping disguise every time it's available and the kill is close - nets me more points.

GallopRider
06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
I've always likened Manhunt to the deadliest game of hide & seek. Team 1 gets to "seek" on the 1st round, and Team 2 gets to "hide". Personally, I always choose Team 2 first. That way you get to know how your opponents work; if they spread apart or group together. It can help in the next round when the roles switch, as they might use the same general tactic.

Disguise is great for either defense or offense. My "Manhunt - Defensive" (hiding) profile set is set with Morph and Smokebombs. And my usual Hunter profile set is Firecrackers and Disguise. Firecrackers work well against morphed groups, as they single out your target. However, you can still be stunned when your target is blinded. (Tip: if ever you get blinded by firecrackers, spam that Stun button as fast as you can as you turn your persona in a circle. You may get lucky and stun your pursuer. Never try to run while blinded, as you'll just run into a wall and single yourself out.)
Since I'm only level 16, I can't say much for Templar Vision. I've seen it in use, and if your pursuer uses it to identify you (i.e. you see someone light up like a streetlamp and walk towards you), you can either stay put and get your backside handed to you, or run like mad... Either way, you're probably dead.

"Hide" Tactics - Keep in groups with similar NPCs. When you stay blended, you earn points. Not to mention you stay safer that way. If you have Morph, use it. It's incredibly annoying for a pursuer who isn't equipped with Templar Vision or Firecrackers to be confronted with a group of identical characters. Plus, if your pursuer chooses the wrong target, you get a Lure Bonus. Be sure listen out for those whispers whereever you go, and if you aren't moving, your camera should be. If you see a solitary persona (not walking in a group or systematically moving from one group to another) that looks like a member of the Hunting team approaching your blended group, ready a smokebomb and/or prepare to run. For blending in a moving group, hold down the fast walk button and try to get in the middle or lead the group if you can. It's not easy, but it tends to throw off people when you do, as the default blend behaviour is to trail the group. And keep your camera on the lookout for pursuers!!

"Seek" Tactics - Follow your compass, and if you see one or more of your team members going in the same direction, try switching to another contract. Look for morphed groups. Chances are if there's a morphed group, there's a contract target hiding in there. Ready your Firecrackers, let 'em fly, and go in for the kill (your target will be standing up, unlike the rest of the crowd). I've been able to rack up some good points using firecrackers and focus. However, this is risky with the default firecrackers, as you may get stunned before your Focus fully "charges". If you come across a skiddish or alert target (he/she knows you're coming), walk away, duck behind a corner, and use Disguise. Try to approach from a different direction when you step out into the open again. Occasionaly in a stationary group one of the personas will not be moving their arms. That's a glitch, and it's a dead give-away that's a target. Nevertheless, you will rarely see this, so don't rely on it. Do learn to hold and aim the lock so you can keep tabs on a potential victim. It's handy, that lock.

I don't really have any more tips I can think of right now. Hopefully this helps a little. I'd like to play a Manhunt session with you, Mouse03! I'm on PC, too: GallopRider

vginside
06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
You can try Youtube vidoe's like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI0Nw71c***
Hope this helps...

obliviondoll
06-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I personally use Firecrackers and Knives, and generally run more as a support player on offense, then Morph/Smoke on defense.

If you've got the team scattered through 2 - 3 blend groups, with a Blender clone in each, and a massive 5 - 6 person Morph group with nobody in it, guess where all the attacker's Edward Vision/Firecrackers/Charge are going to go?

Not always, of course, but they usually attack in the wrong direction. And while Manhunt rarely has actually sneaky players, they tend to be even less sneaky by this stage. Easy stunlock (assuming your teammates aren't complete derps who run away at the first sign of a stunned pursuer).

Smavey
06-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Manhunt is by far my favorite map and is pretty much the only map I play (i'm still no expert, but I have some tips)

BigBalledEagle summed up the game beautifully - listen to everything he said

DEFENSE: I try to always start on team two. This makes it easier to win in my opinion. EVERY spawn point at the start of a manhunt game has one "spot" where you and all your teammates should go to hide. This spot usually is covered by a roof so you can't get arialed - pretty much go there with your team so you are all hiding together. Often you can rack up 1000 points before they are even there.

I use charge and smoke. I find I can usually get two stuns off by smoke bombing when they are near, then button mashing charge to get someone else if they are spread out.

Stunlocking is very key to the defensive side - but it is only possible when your team knows what to do - which is rare... If your teammate stuns someone and there are no pursuers around DO NOT RUN AWAY. Stand over the knocked out body and button mash stun. You and your teammate can take turns doing this. There's are no need for using any abilities! This is key. Again do not run away!

A lot of people have been saying running around will not get you points. These people are correct technically but I still strongly think running around in manhunt IS good. The reason for this is because it really minimizes your opponents score - allowing them only get 100 or 150 point kills. If you are waiting in blend groups thats where they can EASILY get 400-800 point kills. Pretty much when you die in this map - make SURE to be as annoying as possible so they only get 100 points. If someone gets a discrete kill on you think of it as a "win". Nothing is more annoying on offense than a team that runs around, so do it!

OFFENSE: Here I use RR disguise and charge. I dont like poison because it gets intercepted too much. RR disguise grants you an extra 600-1000 points a match from the hidden bonus. There are so many times where people are in blend groups - charge is useful enough and it catches people by surprise. I also love firecrackers so you can replace charge with those too.

This mode is a blast - you should constantly be running and then stop when you're in the line of sight - look for people in groups that aren't doing their animations - they are players.

If you see a target running right towards you DO NOT KILL THEM. They are going to mute/charge/smoke you! Run UP the wall as fast as you can to your nearest wall and go for an aerial kill.

always go for silent+ kills, NEVER do a discrete kill...maybe 1 a game but that's it. If someone starts a chase let them have it and move on.

The key to offense is knowing who your target is without skills (and charge if you don't). When coming from a distance, your target will spawn a half second before the NPCs - use this to your advantage. Also in groups sometimes your target will not be doing animations- easy kill! Look for stupidly placed NPCs too. This is key!

That's all I can think of right now.

EDIT: Yeah...whatever floats your boat but I strongly strongly strongly strongly recommend to NOT use templar vision! I tried it for a few maps and I personally prefer charge better.

Dannomight
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Lots of good tips in this thread. Manhunt is what I play the most as well.

After playing for awhile you'll start to learn how NPCs distribute themselves when standing in groups. They tend to place themselves equidistant apart. So if you see two people standing very close together, one of them is likely a target.

People have made some good points here about Disguise vs Poison, so I might start using RR disguise myself.

If you stand in a blend group but notice your persona is not animated and chatting with the other NPCS, step out of the group and step back in. If your persona is standing there not animated it's a dead giveaway.

On defence you have to anticipate your attackers a little bit, due to lag. Very often you'll drop a smoke bomb at the last second and someone will still kill you. You have to drop the smoke bomb just a second before they move into range, or they may be able to kill you anyway due to lag.

If you get stunned on attack and you see another target standing over your body, hit triangle (on PS3) to respawn or you will likely get stunned again.

Attacking from above, once you know who a target is, means they won't be able to stun/mute you.

Poison is very satisfying to use, but if you're going to use it make sure none of your teammates are around. There are players out there who will not steal your poison kills but they are few and far between.

As others have said, don't get discrete or chase kills. They are a waste. If I'm on defense and someone only gets 100-200 points for killing me I consider that a victory on my part.

Jack-Reacher
06-16-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards...brotherhood/57842540 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/996092-assassins-creed-brotherhood/57842540)

Read through this. Some of my strategies are outdated and I have a lot more in mind, but it should be enough to get you started.

monkeyuncle8
06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
for offense I always use charge and disguise, this is the best combination becuase you can get close to a person using disguise and then kill them with the charge

for defense I would go for smoke bomb and charge, charge is especially fun when your pursuer is chasing u and you just turn around and use it

also remember to get on the team with less players so people will steal your kills a lot less

and if someone is stun locking respawn and start roofing

and if you give yourself away go into a haybarrel until you can figure out who your target is or you have an ability then bolt out and go for the kill, you will more than likely get an incogneto and they wont react in enough time and even if they do try to stun you in the haybarrel then they will probably get to close and you can just kill them from there

Mouse03
06-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Thanks heaps for all your replies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

@GallopRider - will add you, hopefully be able to play with with you some time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Had a few games yesterday with a friend, and he had a mic, thankfully, and helped us (i wasn't the only newbie) along. We won most our games, but the other team wasn't great.

I get it now about the locking. I can see the locks change, and when there is a white 'locked' lock, i leave them be, as i can see a teammate near them.
I do kill them however if they've stunned my teammate. Because if they're on their own, they run.
If they're together, they'll have my teammate on the ground for eternity.

And i can see poisons, so i leave them alone too!

I found i have started using TV. I don't use it while in LOS. I do the 'round the corner' trick, lock 'em, disguise and go up and kill 'em.

As a defence, i've got both smoke and mute. Although i'm finding this wasn't working too well. The mute doesn't really help. It wears off too quick.
Problem with charge, why i don't like it, is that most often than not, even while locked on, i run right past the person i want to charge, or totally in the other direction. I may just need to try it again here though.

I have blender and overall as a given

I'm ok with the hiding part of the game. I like and smoking and stunning a pursuer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif I always get killed by the 2nd guy, because my teammate has run away (why did you run?), but punching some teeth out sure feels good, hehe.

My biggest problem is that Manhunt is a very quick game. Wanted and Assassinate, I like to take my time, and i mostly have less kills, but more points.
Manhunt is the exact opposite, and i tend to not get many kills, which is crappy, because it moves so fast that the kills that are made, aren't as high scoring as i'd like them.
I know this is matter of getting used it, and just becoming a better player, and having a well-working team, but this is my biggest problem so far.

I'm also finding that on PC, with a keyboard, the controls are crap! Most of the time, i don't switch targets, because it means taking my fingers off the direction controls, trying to find C and V. I literally have to stop playing to get at them. I know...'get a controller', lol. Bah!...I hate controllers.

lynx_1985
06-17-2011, 03:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
Thanks heaps for all your replies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

@GallopRider - will add you, hopefully be able to play with with you some time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Had a few games yesterday with a friend, and he had a mic, thankfully, and helped us (i wasn't the only newbie) along. We won most our games, but the other team wasn't great.

I get it now about the locking. I can see the locks change, and when there is a white 'locked' lock, i leave them be, as i can see a teammate near them.
I do kill them however if they've stunned my teammate. Because if they're on their own, they run.
If they're together, they'll have my teammate on the ground for eternity.

And i can see poisons, so i leave them alone too!

I found i have started using TV. I don't use it while in LOS. I do the 'round the corner' trick, lock 'em, disguise and go up and kill 'em.

As a defence, i've got both smoke and mute. Although i'm finding this wasn't working too well. The mute doesn't really help. It wears off too quick.
Problem with charge, why i don't like it, is that most often than not, even while locked on, i run right past the person i want to charge, or totally in the other direction. I may just need to try it again here though.

I have blender and overall as a given

I'm ok with the hiding part of the game. I like and smoking and stunning a pursuer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif I always get killed by the 2nd guy, because my teammate has run away (why did you run?), but punching some teeth out sure feels good, hehe.

My biggest problem is that Manhunt is a very quick game. Wanted and Assassinate, I like to take my time, and i mostly have less kills, but more points.
Manhunt is the exact opposite, and i tend to not get many kills, which is crappy, because it moves so fast that the kills that are made, aren't as high scoring as i'd like them.
I know this is matter of getting used it, and just becoming a better player, and having a well-working team, but this is my biggest problem so far.

I'm also finding that on PC, with a keyboard, the controls are crap! Most of the time, i don't switch targets, because it means taking my fingers off the direction controls, trying to find C and V. I literally have to stop playing to get at them. I know...'get a controller', lol. Bah!...I hate controllers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah you will get used to playing manhunt, my offense side is not that great either as you have to be really quick to get to your target. I still play it as a wanted on offense though and take it slow, just try and get to my target before my teammates! If you are using Rapid Reload Disguise along with your templar vision on offense you can usually just walk to your target, added bonus of using RR disguise is Hidden, 200 pts. You can even wait right next to them to get a focus in. Another way to get a focus is to jump in a hay bale, pop TV, and if your target is in range you get both focus and hidden.

With charge you have to be facing them head on most the time or adjust your camera so there is a straight line between you and the person. Personally I don't use it because it can be countered by smoke. Mute I love, to use that you have to be stationary or moving slowly for it to work. Again I use RR mute because of the quicker cooldown and everytime I use it I lock the person and walk towards them. If its range you are having trouble with try strong mute.

Kramerisgamer
06-17-2011, 07:14 AM
More tips! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAL5Ihg62LY&feature=player_profilepage)

i2eign_DoVVn
06-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Big Scores on Manhunt come from your STUNS AND KNOCKOUTS, as well as your kill streak and Varieties. The best advice I can give to Manhunt players is to get a party of 3 or 4 and play together all the time. Post up in NO AERIAL ZONES on defense and get your blend then try to stun together as much as your can. DON'T RUN, AROUND FOR NO REASON. YOUR ARE GOING TO GET POONED ON.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING AROUND ON DEFENSE YOU ARE NOT SCORING POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run when you don't have abilities or blend and DRY STUN off of wall corners! Have confidence on DEFENSE. DEFENSE IS WHAT MAKES MANHUNT AS A GAMEMODE. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW OR DON'T LIKE DEFENSE MANHUNT IS NOT FOR YOU!!!

On Offense, you need to pursue your targets OUT OF SIGHT ON YOUR COMPASS!! Usually this involves finding your targets from the rooftops or pursuing them CLOSE TO WALLS OF THE MAP!

If you can't aerial then you need to come in with disguise or smoke or something heavy! DONT JUST COME AND ATTACK TARGETS AT THEIR FACE, AND DON'T BREAK CHASES! Coming at a target's face gives a good STUNNER the advantage. Don't believe me about all of this? Go look at the Xbox 360 Top 10 in:

All time score
Stuns
Kills
Templar Grade Team.

Peace.

obliviondoll
06-19-2011, 01:27 AM
One exception to the "don't break chases" rule:

Getting the Diversion bonus.

Start a chase when a teammate's about to kill the target, and you get +75 points each. If you're locked on as well, +125 because of the Co-Op bonus adding to it.

Mouse03
06-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Thanks again everyone http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

@Lynx - yes, the offense mode is like Wanted x 1000, lol.
Yeah, i just don't like charge. Things happen too quick to lock on, adjust camera, charge away, and run right past the person. I like smoke and mute because it works 'now', and i can rely on it. Well, mostly...or at least sort-of mostly, lol.

@i2eign_DoVVn - i don't do running around http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif When it's hiding time, i hide. I like the defensive round.

@Oblivion - yes, i've noticed some of those come up. Need to learn them all and what they do, and how to use them.
Do you know what all the bonuses are?

One question...on offense i'm a little torn between staying with my teammates, and going off on my own (even every now and then).
See, because i don't run, i'm not super quick, i find i get low amount of kills - everyone's always there before me. Or teammates steel my locks, even when playing with friends.

Which honestly, as long as we get a good team score, i'm not too worried about.
But i also want to contribute.
So i'm thinking about going for a target that doesn't have everyone else on them...but then i run the risk of being stunned myself, or leaving my teammates to get stun locked.
At the moment, i always try to be with at least one other person, incase they get stunned, or so we might be able to get a co-op.

On defense i always stay with them.

obliviondoll
06-19-2011, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
@Oblivion - yes, i've noticed some of those come up. Need to learn them all and what they do, and how to use them.
Do you know what all the bonuses are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Progression/Bonus Description

Tells you all bonuses and how to get them. Some aren't the best-explained descriptions, but they are all there, along with the points you get for each.

TheBullWillWin
06-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Honestly one saying sums manhunt up!! "SPEED KILLS" I learned from the best. G S Lunatick! I use what he used to use. As long as UR faster than everyone else u win. U anticipate the respawns, you run to ur targets out of sight and than in sight slow down and get them. I'm a fast killer and average about 8-10 kills a session. You need to b aggressive. That's the only way u get points. U hunt and kill ur own prey!

I suggest u run by urself and take the kill if u have to.

Kramerisgamer
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
If you're with randoms ignore them and focus on getting at least silent kills but the focus is streak bonuses.

BigBalledEagle
06-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Look at i2eign setting the whole Assassin's Creed community straight on how to play Manhunt. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif