PDA

View Full Version : "Kobuko Sosho" Crash

EdisLeado
12-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I find it kind of strange that I can get through the practically the whole game except for the last mission. I get to Otomo after crashing his servers, he stabs himself, I stabilize him and when Lambert tells me to 'blast myself out' -- I go towards the window and the game freezes (but the sound continues) -- Crashes, gives me an error -- One time it gave me a "SC3.exe has encountered an unexpected error." and other times it just boots me out.

WTF am I supposed to do to fix this? I really want to play the WHOLE game -- Not get to the end and find it crashes, leaving me 'incomplete'.

EdisLeado
12-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I find it kind of strange that I can get through the practically the whole game except for the last mission. I get to Otomo after crashing his servers, he stabs himself, I stabilize him and when Lambert tells me to 'blast myself out' -- I go towards the window and the game freezes (but the sound continues) -- Crashes, gives me an error -- One time it gave me a "SC3.exe has encountered an unexpected error." and other times it just boots me out.

WTF am I supposed to do to fix this? I really want to play the WHOLE game -- Not get to the end and find it crashes, leaving me 'incomplete'.

jzorro
12-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Someone else recently reported this as well- I think they had an XBox. If you cannot get past it from your last save and trying the level over does the same thing in the same place, it may be a bad spot on your disc. It would not be spoiling it to say that this is the final scene and that the failure you are encountering is just before the last video sequence starts up in a few seconds. You place a charge on the window, step away for ten seconds before it goes off.. and that's it. Mission and game complete.

fangtw
12-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I have the same problem here!
my game crash at the same point just like EdisLeado said. and sometimes it even crash when i just enter that room!

my system goes like this:
amd64 3000(s754)
1Gmb ram(512x2)
ati 9600XT 128mb(update to 5.13 now)

basically, the game runs pretty well in my pc. but i just can't finish the last level. i spent a lot of time on this game, and i really want to finish it. completely!

ps. non native speaker here. so please forgive my english.

EdisLeado
12-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, yes -- I DO know it's the end of the game. I beat it on the Xbox too -- But I don't understand, like when RIGHT before I start to talk to Otomo -- I save the game (both normal save and quick save) then I get to blasting the window -- It crashes. I open up SCCT again, load the save -- It gets like an inch away from finishing the load and the game crashes. Great...

Any ideas? The UBISOFT QUESTION tech support isn't helping -- I swear their reps are just robots.

Toshi_
12-29-2005, 03:27 PM
OMG just watch the vide outside of the game (if you really need to)...
Nothing gets unlocked after the ending credits so you can just skip them - you have the satisfaction of beating the game anyway so why bother UBI? Thwy won't do anything anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

EdisLeado
12-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, if you've ever watched the final BINK video outside the game -- You'd see that there is no dialogue or sound when Sam, Lambert, Grim and Redding are talking...

Plus, I want to see my rating for the level... I didn't pay for an incomplete game...

therealwebs
01-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I have the exact same problem:

The first time it crashed, it was during Otomo's speech. The second time, it was right after I had stabilized Otomo. When it crashes, my screen goes black, and some sound continues, although it's not game sound. Kinda frustrating.

System is as follows:
AMD 1800xp+
ATI 9600
768 mb ram

EDIT: after looking above, could this be a radeon 9600 problem?
audigy 2 zs

jzorro
01-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Only if it is overheating. I use a 9700 Non Pro which is about the same.

hegemonsoldier
01-01-2006, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by therealwebs:
I have the exact same problem:

The first time it crashed, it was during Otomo's speech. The second time, it was right after I had stabilized Otomo. When it crashes, my screen goes black, and some sound continues, although it's not game sound. Kinda frustrating.

System is as follows:
AMD 1800xp+
ATI 9600
768 mb ram

EDIT: after looking above, could this be a radeon 9600 problem?
audigy 2 zs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think it is a radeon 9600 problem even though you played the rest of the game with this problem? Highly unlikely.

Probably your disc was messed up in the factory, or something similar to it.

TRI_OD
01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Well, I get exactly the same kind of crash. And guess what, I have a Radeon 9600XT.

CryoGenesis
01-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Same thing here. Radeon 9600 pro, 1gb ram, Athlon xp 2400+. Using the newest driver from ATI and patch 1.5. I wonder why this didn't come up before - could this perhaps be caused by the latest driver or perhaps patch 1.5?

EdisLeado
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Weird, we all have 9600's and we crash. This is becoming a pattern.

My specs:
Athlon XP 3200+
512MB SDRAM
Radeon 9600PRO 128MB AGP

**** it. I wanna finish this game...

CryoGenesis
01-05-2006, 04:24 AM
It's a driver problem. I just downloaded Catalyst 5.1 from ATI (was using 5.13) and this part now works fine. I wouldn't recommend running the whole game with this driver, as the performance sucks, but for the 20 seconds of gameplay you have after entering Otomo's office, it's worth it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EdisLeado
01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Whoa, you have to go all the way back to 5.1?!

I'm using the newest OMEGA drivers, BTW. What were you using before?

I.S.F-Dixxhead
01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CryoGenesis:
...lyst 5.1 from ATI (was using 5.13) and this part now wor... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EdisLeado
01-05-2006, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by I.S.F-Dixxhead:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CryoGenesis:
...lyst 5.1 from ATI (was using 5.13) and this part now wor... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could have been Omega 'cause he didn't exactly state it in the brackets...

(Yes, I know there's not Omega 5.13 -- I'm just saying.)

CryoGenesis
01-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Nope, it wasn't Omega. I tried using 5.11, but had the same problem, so instead I just downloaded the version closer to the SC3 release date. I hope it works for other people as well.

EdisLeado
01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Nope, it wasn't Omega. I tried using 5.11, but had the same problem, so instead I just downloaded the version closer to the SC3 release date. I hope it works for other people as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What graphics settings do you use with 5.1 that makes it go so slow?

E// Will you look at that. It works! Thank you so much. It's not even that much slower.

BTW, I just found out how to get a few extra dialogue lines in Lighthouse, go into the lighthouse, kill the radioman and thne shoot hte radio RIGHT after and Grim will scold you for it. Then Sam says some stuff back, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

gregcoad
01-15-2006, 08:25 PM
I have the exact same problem and a very similar system to what you have mentioned.

When I first meet Otomo, he begins his speech and then.... freeze. Total system crash. I have to hard reset the thing.

I kept trying and each time got a bit further, at one point I was just climbing out of the duct to go and stabilize Otomo when.... crash!

Now it freezes when he starts his speech again.

I also have a Radeon 9600XT, but I don't believe that it has anything to do with the graphics card or drivers. I have Catalyst 5.13 and I have played the entire game with not a single problem. In fact I have been very surprised at how well it has run given the level of graphics.

There has to be a solution to this. It can't be a bad disk, since there are several people that all have the exact same problem.

bubbaganoosh
01-16-2006, 08:21 AM
I am an NVidia user but I know the ATI drivers are a problem with alot of games (I used to have a 9800 PRO). I switched to the Omega drivers and never had any problems.

mefgames
01-28-2006, 01:30 PM
After reading these posts, I have tried 5.1 5.13 and a couple of others. Nothing works. I am, to say the least, a bit pissed. I really enjoy SC, and have played all three. If I cannot finish the game after all this, I don't know what else to do, but not buy anymore. Kinda sad UBISOFT/ATI, don't you think ? The game ran great up to this point, so it really is a puzzle. Currently back to 6.1, where it all started. P4 2.4 1gig ram.

mefgames

ifil
03-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Hi, some time ago, I had the same crash with a Radeon 9600XT, and I wasn't able to find any info about this bug, so I left the game installed but unfinished (sadly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif). Today I wanted to free some space and searched for more info about the bug, for being able to finish it and uninstall it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

I read here this bug is a graphic problem, so I tried disabling every option in Catalyst Control Center, in "3D" tab. Almost everything was "Let the application Decide" and I unchecked that and set it at minimal level. I disabled Catalyst AI and left enabled "Support for DXT Textures" in "API Specific Tab", because it made games show very very bad: mouse was a black square, black videos, everything screwed up, so I reenabled again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

After that, I tried again (my last savegame was just after Otomo stabs himself) and I was able to finish without problems!!.

If anyone stills looks for info about this problem, there is a solution.

I'm using Catalyst 6.3, but I don't remember if I've changed Catalyst version since I last tried the game. I think I haven't.

Good luck! and don't forget to reenable Catalyst settings if it works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

byee!

splinterman06
04-25-2006, 09:43 AM
i had the same problem when i first bought the game. i bought my game off of ubi.com and they let me send my disc back and get a new one. since then i havent had the problem. so try getting ubisoft to give you a new disc.

alexmorph3u2006
06-03-2006, 06:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by splinterman06:
i had the same problem when i first bought the game. i bought my game off of ubi.com and they let me send my disc back and get a new one. since then i havent had the problem. so try getting ubisoft to give you a new disc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
splinterman..do you have an email address so i could contact you?.PLEASE..I have the same problem with the game and I would like to find out how to exchange my copy of SCCT!

vil479
06-19-2006, 02:19 PM
You don' sent you disc to ubisoft because it is realy a grafikprop my brother got it too he has a 9600XT grafikkard i use a G6800GT kart and the same disc and i havn't got the proplem with SCCT only the coop conection crashed =D use the tipp with the driver but firs delet the old version

jzorro
06-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Some have been able to finish this by playing with thermal goggles on. It is the last scene of the game.

EliteCovertOps
06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
The ATi Radeon 9600XT is the BARE MINIMUM for splinter cell on PC. That probably explains why people crash. The video card I would recommend is the ATi Radeon X1300 Pro or higher with the latest Catalyst drivers. The best card for Splinter Cell would be the 512MB DDR2 ATi Radeon X1600 or dual ATi Radeon PCI Express Crossfire cards at 512MB each.

jzorro
06-22-2006, 03:25 PM
9600XT is not barely minimal. I have a 9700 non pro which is about the same and have no problems. I use older catalyst drivers since the newer ones are more optimized for the newer cards and can sometimes cause problems with earlier generations. It is the 8500 series which is minimal. 512mb cards are presently overkill as they offer no significant improvement in games over 256mb versions. Dual cards can have their own issues. Thank you for your opinion.

wsanz
12-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I have a ATI 9600XT with the same problem. I tried it 5 times and it wouldn't work. Then I defraged the computer and finished the game in thermal vision with no problems. Afterwards I tried it in nightvision and normal to see if it was fixed and it froze again. Thermal is the way to go.

oFZo
12-06-2006, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EliteCovertOps:
The ATi Radeon 9600XT is the BARE MINIMUM for splinter cell on PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then explain why I didn't have any problem with a 9600pro http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif