PDA

View Full Version : Possible cause for runtime error

nookieman79_061
02-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Ok I have been messing with this for 3 days, I think I have the answer. The problem is being caused by the saved games, now the way around this is not to use the quick save and load function for some reason using it corrupts the game files, however with a fresh install and not using I was able to play through the whole game. I did get the runtime error message once during a crash of the game but it still let me open it and did not give the must check error. Although I still had some crashes which is due to my old and outdated sound card l0l. Also I did not install any of the patches either so I do not know if that will affect it either but I am pretty sure it the way you save the game. You can still save in the middle of levels just hit esc and save the other way that seems to be ok. I hope this helps. I will list my specs too I was able to play at full except I did not install the high res textures. I did do a fresh install of XP and played the game but I used the quick save and load function which killed it I reinstalled xp again and played without the quick save and had no serious errors. Because if you look at the games files after it crashes with runtime error the profile in the save game folder gets modified. I really think thats the problem because I bought the game last week and have had all the problems with "must check" and all that mess, but played fine after I didn't use the quick save and load.If you are having problems with the safe thing not working with the right and left arrow keys, either move your middle mouse wheel or the up arrow key because the safe was froze at the shanghai level.

DFI Affinity SLI
1gb Corsair XMS Ram
Amd X2 4200+
Nvidia 7800 GTX 256mb

nookieman79_061
02-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Ok I have been messing with this for 3 days, I think I have the answer. The problem is being caused by the saved games, now the way around this is not to use the quick save and load function for some reason using it corrupts the game files, however with a fresh install and not using I was able to play through the whole game. I did get the runtime error message once during a crash of the game but it still let me open it and did not give the must check error. Although I still had some crashes which is due to my old and outdated sound card l0l. Also I did not install any of the patches either so I do not know if that will affect it either but I am pretty sure it the way you save the game. You can still save in the middle of levels just hit esc and save the other way that seems to be ok. I hope this helps. I will list my specs too I was able to play at full except I did not install the high res textures. I did do a fresh install of XP and played the game but I used the quick save and load function which killed it I reinstalled xp again and played without the quick save and had no serious errors. Because if you look at the games files after it crashes with runtime error the profile in the save game folder gets modified. I really think thats the problem because I bought the game last week and have had all the problems with "must check" and all that mess, but played fine after I didn't use the quick save and load.If you are having problems with the safe thing not working with the right and left arrow keys, either move your middle mouse wheel or the up arrow key because the safe was froze at the shanghai level.

DFI Affinity SLI
1gb Corsair XMS Ram
Amd X2 4200+
Nvidia 7800 GTX 256mb