PDA

View Full Version : List Of Bugs-Xbox

jstanton182
04-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Right this is going to be a list of compiled bugs and glitches for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for the Xbox, this will make it easier for the Ubisoft team to distinguish all glitches!!

1) Co op Framerate drops to something like 10 or even lower RANDOMLY, usually when the guards spot you or there is alot of action taking place this only happens on Xbox Live!

2) Random Disconnections - when playing Co operative mode on Xbox Live sometimes your partner gets randomly disconnected during the game and once you finish a mission etc!

3) Video Stuttering- When viewing the training videos on the disk the videos stutter and are TOTALLY unviewable as the audio stutters aswell as the video!

4) Cannot Join Session- Sometimees when trying to join your friends in co op in an empty room it comes back with the error "Cannot Join Session even though the room is empty!!

Post below some of the glitches/bugs that you have found so that Ubisoft can fix these problems as soon as possible!

jstanton182
04-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Right this is going to be a list of compiled bugs and glitches for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for the Xbox, this will make it easier for the Ubisoft team to distinguish all glitches!!

1) Co op Framerate drops to something like 10 or even lower RANDOMLY, usually when the guards spot you or there is alot of action taking place this only happens on Xbox Live!

2) Random Disconnections - when playing Co operative mode on Xbox Live sometimes your partner gets randomly disconnected during the game and once you finish a mission etc!

3) Video Stuttering- When viewing the training videos on the disk the videos stutter and are TOTALLY unviewable as the audio stutters aswell as the video!

4) Cannot Join Session- Sometimees when trying to join your friends in co op in an empty room it comes back with the error "Cannot Join Session even though the room is empty!!

Post below some of the glitches/bugs that you have found so that Ubisoft can fix these problems as soon as possible!

Jiomm
04-03-2005, 12:29 PM
My thread died quick so...

*Coop mode doesn't save story progess when in story mode. Finished the first
level, let it save when starting the next (Quick Saved several times also), played agan the next night and had to
start on training again. Same host.

*Coop needs a save feature (in addition to Quick Save). Either that or Quick
Save should save the game so I may choose it from the Progress menu when
creating a session. Quick Save only allows us to Retry from our last save.

*Sending a voice message does not actually send your voice message, just a blank
message.

*Got stuck with my pistol out, where as I could not put it away (out of aiming
view). I could switch weapons but couldn't get out of the aiming view. Switching
to the needle fixes it.

*Friend got stuck in a vent once when we both tried to go through at once (first
mission, above the blue room with 2 doors & one computer, one of the doors only
opens from the inside), I got through. Only when I walked underneath him was he
able to move. Could have been a coinidence. He tried switching weapons and
moving all about.

*Disconnected at random times. There are a few other threads about it

I sent a bug report to Ubi too

jstanton182
04-04-2005, 05:48 AM
Bumped for the intention of Ubi!

cyberg4
04-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Game disk doesn't work or freezes in menu for V1.0 xboxes see forum thread SCCT, Xbox, God hates me!

gamma_x
04-04-2005, 05:34 PM
The framerate dropping is due to the Xbox loading the audio files. You only notice it in co-op because your friend might make noise and you aren't expecting it. It does happen in single player, it just depends on the dialog. Regular guard dialog is fine, but alert mode causes the issue.

Video stuttering is most likely do to a dirty disc, lense problems. 1.0-1.2 Xbox's may have a faulty Thompson drive, try a DVD lense cleaner from EB.

Cannot Join Session, most likely a NAT compatibility issue. Halo 2, and all other Live games have this problem. Someone else has to host... there isn't really any way to fix this.

Totally have no idea why the disconnect bug happens, my theory is it has to do something with audio. I HATE THIS BUG!

Coop mode only quick saves at the beginning of levels and when you die you restart there. The host can initiate a save progress to the Xboxs, while the client can't.

I have to try the voice message thing. Does it work between games? Halo 2ers never reply to my messages, although CT people have responded to me.

I've gotten stuck in the elevator button view mode a few times and couldn't get out of it.

cyberg4
04-04-2005, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Video stuttering is most likely do to a dirty disc, lense problems. 1.0-1.2 Xbox's may have a faulty Thompson drive, try a DVD lense cleaner from EB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Careful what you do, I have heard that several lens cleaners make stuff worse. just a word of caution

Yakpimp
04-04-2005, 07:47 PM
The voice thing works, you have to press Y to listen to it. It says that at the bottom of the screen.

gamma_x
04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberg4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Video stuttering is most likely do to a dirty disc, lense problems. 1.0-1.2 Xbox's may have a faulty Thompson drive, try a DVD lense cleaner from EB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Careful what you do, I have heard that several lens cleaners make stuff worse. just a word of caution <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, you don't want to scratch your lense. The one I'm using now seems to work great. There were a view DVDs that couldn't be read before, or stuttered during playback, because of it they're fine... Here's a link to the one I got, and it comes with a cool metal tin....

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255717.asp

Rillness
04-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Posted this in the other topic as well:

I have been playing Co-op with my friend, it's great, but some weird thing occurs every now and then... If my friend hits pause while I have my pistol drawn, then un-pauses the game, I am unable to put the gun away, it is as if the button has ceased to work... I can only walk around with my gun drawn, UNTIL I also hit pause, and upon unpausing, the control snaps back to normal, I can put the gun away... Talk about co-op mode!

EpiphanyX
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
I've spent hours on the internet trying to find out what the heck the problem is with my Xbox coop experiences thus far. It would appear from just about every forum I visit that the problems I am experiencing are common.

I really, really badly want to play coop and enjoy it but it is UNPLAYABLE. Call me naive about the games industry but I really feel like I was ripped off by Ubisoft and betrayed by the gaming media. None of the advanced reviews mentions anything about these common and consistent reproducable bugs.

I'm talking about the disconnects - pretty much every game has them.

Last night the game actually crashed my friend's Xbox. "Wow" he said, "It actually crashed my xbox. Never seen that happen before." I thought he was being over dramatic until about 5 minutes later my Xbox froze up and crashed.

Then there's the "Sound through headset" bug with another thread mentions. What happens basically is if you play through a level with a buddy and begin a new mission, at the start of the mission the host's Live communication setting inexplicably changes from headset to TV speakers. Now this might not seem like a big deal but it is - you can barely hear your teammate or it is waaay too loud. Either way, it's not good - and when you attempt to change the setting in the in-game menu, all kinds of weird stuff happens - like the crashes for example. One time the game claimed that I'm not on my friends list when I actually was. Later.

When you try and start a game in MISSION mode, it never lets you join a friends game or vice versa - you ALWAYS get the "This server is no longer available" message.

There is considerable lag in the game when there is any kind of ruckus going on onscreen. It's unbearable due to the fact that it happens when firefights break out and this is when you really need to be able to do things like aim or run/sneak away or do anything effectively in general.

This is a real shame. I beat the single player in 3 days, staying up late and being tired at work because it was so **** good. The one or two coop games I have been able to play were really exciting and fun but even those never made it to the end due to connection dropping at random time.

Ubisoft: I love you guys but I'm really, really appalled that you could release your product with so many bugs - bugs that have wasted hours of my time and countless other customers of yours. Why?

Jiomm
04-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the voice message "bug" help. Wow.

I've been host and been client in coop games. As host I only have Quick Save (of the save options) which doesn't save it so I can load it after I quit the session; that's what I'd like. Am I missing something again? I can't fool with it now, otherwise I would, sorry.