PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ubisoft!

Mr Cataluchi
06-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I can't believe this is legit! The news of Far Cry 3 has been the best gaming news I've heard in a long time. You guys rock.

Mr Cataluchi
06-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I can't believe this is legit! The news of Far Cry 3 has been the best gaming news I've heard in a long time. You guys rock.

killa_677
06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Far Cry 3 looks awesome. But please make sure it still has the map editor.

wogsy2007
06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I agree mate.

I was not expecting this to be announced.
It has proper perked me up.

Good job Ubi.

Man, i wish i could just go into stasis or take a really long sleep and wake up on the day its released.
The wait is gonna bloody kill me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

S_Jamieson
06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Genuinely so excited. I played Far Cry 2 so much, and loved every minute of it. I must have spent hours on it, and the storyline was so gripping. Wow. Pumped.

xC00rS-LiGhTx
06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I had a feeling when they introduced Ubisoft Montreal.....Just watching the demo really got me itching and thinking "Is it true?" When the video was over i sighed in relief, thank god theyre making another Farcry!

Mr Cataluchi
06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I've seen the E3 demo several times now, and I can't stop watching it. I think this game is going to be amazing. The interview with the developer mentions it's an "Open World", which implies it will be a sandbox. He states that the creators listened to a lot of our feedback. What I got from it is this:

1) Interactivity with wildlife/surroundings. (Far Cry 2 didn't have any animal attacks.)

2) Better vocals / story.

3) Exploration (open world). The idea of finding things (i.e. diamonds to sell/trade for guns could be fun.)

No statement yet on Multiplayer, but I have confidence they will keep the Mapmaker.

I'm sure there's more, and I'd like to hear from other FC fans on what they got from this. By the way, you need to see the Developer's Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuseKGafCvo

mikeware
06-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Pleaseee add MAP EDITOR (and of course, multiplayer) to FARCRY 3!

And, please, show us more from farcry3!

legacyzero
06-07-2011, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xC00rS-LiGhTx:
I had a feeling when they introduced Ubisoft Montreal.....Just watching the demo really got me itching and thinking "Is it true?" When the video was over i sighed in relief, thank god theyre making another Farcry! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. The first few minutes had me going "this game possibly be anything OTHER than Far Cry!"

spinetooth
06-07-2011, 12:23 PM
When I saw the main character pick up a machete I knew it was Far Cry. I guess it was a little too much to hope for a 2011 release but hey, I can't wait for one of my favorite franchises to release!

Mr_Shade
06-07-2011, 12:44 PM
LOL I enjoyed the fact they didn't say what the game was at the start..

This has been a secret for a while. . . I am so shocked that it remained that - after seeing a few titles leak prior to E3.. When I made the forum, I was worried someone would 'sniff it out' lol

I knew when you saw the trailer you guys would be all 'it's not.. is it?' when you saw the first few seconds..

I watched the reaction on Twitter live.. and it was great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The team behind the game have been working hard on it, so I hope that you will understand at present there is not much info available, however please do continue to post questions etc, since I will forward them on - however with the title still some way away from release, the information I get back may not always be the answers to what some think as the most important questions asked..

We have the beginnings of a great game, but it's the community who are needed to back it - so lets show the devs that their hard work and secrecy is appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ilovepho
06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Cataluchi:
I've seen the E3 demo several times now, and I can't stop watching it. I think this game is going to be amazing. The interview with the developer mentions it's an "Open World", which implies it will be a sandbox. He states that the creators listened to a lot of our feedback. What I got from it is this:

1) Interactivity with wildlife/surroundings. (Far Cry 2 didn't have any animal attacks.)

2) Better vocals / story.

3) Exploration (open world). The idea of finding things (i.e. diamonds to sell/trade for guns could be fun.)

No statement yet on Multiplayer, but I have confidence they will keep the Mapmaker.

I'm sure there's more, and I'd like to hear from other FC fans on what they got from this. By the way, you need to see the Developer's Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuseKGafCvo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The grapphics blew me away. People have taled too much about Battlefiel 3 graphics but tbh, I was not impressed but FC3, OMG looks so amazing.

I really like the idea of getting attacked by the animals. Some game already did this before e.g RDR, Crysis .... That'd make the gameplay a lot more exciting.

Better exploration, story. Yes those areas were pretty weak in FC2. If FC3 has better exploration and story as well as voice action, it's a perfect game.

Eightboll812
06-07-2011, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xC00rS-LiGhTx:
I had a feeling when they introduced Ubisoft Montreal.....Just watching the demo really got me itching and thinking "Is it true?" When the video was over i sighed in relief, thank god theyre making another Farcry! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What's up bro. I was wondering if I'd see posts from anyone I've met in FC2 MP. Seems you've found this even a little quicker than I did, although I had heard a rumor last week that FC3 would be announced at E3 so I knew to look for it today.

iGame3D
06-17-2011, 06:47 AM
I was just looking for the "Thanks for Far Cry 3" thread.

Thanks!

Rea1SamF1sher
06-17-2011, 01:44 PM
A big Thank You to the devs who are working hard at the moment on FarCry 3. It looks very promising. Looking forward for more news to come out.