PDA

View Full Version : Ubi-soft UK preorder delivery policy

egoslayer
03-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Does anyone have any experience of Ubi-Softs' UK delivery policy? I have pre-ordered SH3 + recognition manual & was hoping to receive the game a few days early! A friend of mine pre-ordered Lock On & got it 3 days after release, So I am getting a bit twitchy. I've been a sub-simmer for 20+ years, yeah my 1st sub sim Silent Service on a 48k Spectrum, early 1980's, so HI to all you sub simmers, but I've never been so excited about a game like SH3 in a long long time, after reading Bob Tucks brilliant review, a big thank-you to Bob for taking the time-out to give us so much information & wind us up to fever pitch, lol, it's much appreciated.

Dominicrigg
03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
No one knows ego, they said they would send it out a few days early. Maybe it will get to you the day before??

I would guess many people will get it late (que their inevitable *****ing about missing a weekend of play) and some may get it early. I would bank on being late (im a pessimist) the monday or tuesday after launch. We can only wait and see!

A fellow pre order super id pack fan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ps ditto to everything you said and thanks to bobtuck!

BobTuck
03-07-2005, 04:53 PM
np egoslayer, I felt privileged to be there, so I was just 'putting something back into the pot'...

that and the sadistic part of me that wants to see you all 'worked up to fever pitch' LOL!!

These last few days are the longest for me too.
I understand that any little snippet helps in a situation like this.

rgds,
BobTuck.

STEFOSTEF_FRANC
03-07-2005, 05:15 PM
since the annoucement of sh3 went gold i can't sleep too

Suddenly i was thinking that on this day somwhere in europe my precious dvd was printed in a continental factory.

yes the number 165845698 is mine!!!!!!!!

i make preorder since january ...

so mister postman can you please make a pre-post with that heavy recon manual and that little number just for me !!

i live in France so you don't have to cross the channel

i think that the 12th should be great.

thanks

KC23
03-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Its rare the pre-order guys get their first. Don't get your hopes up.

Charos
03-07-2005, 05:40 PM
I preordered with Recognition manual as well.
Since I live in Australia im expecting mine sometime after June 2006. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Axxent
03-07-2005, 07:30 PM
I'll be skipping proudly over to the local EB here in Sudbury on the 16th.

I'll download the recognition manual as soon as I can convince someone with it to scan and post the sucker.

Seewolf1939
03-07-2005, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charos:
Since I live in Australia im expecting mine sometime after June 2006. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope you're wrong Charos mate,
I'm just across the ditch from you and hanging out for 18 march

ANZAC greetings from

Kapitan von Kahil
Wellington, NZ

Ioandar
03-08-2005, 05:42 AM
> I have pre-ordered SH3 + recognition manual

Where did you order the recognition manual? I did not see it at the ubi-shop when I was preordering sh3....

thomas

Tomcat41
03-08-2005, 05:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ioandar:
> I have pre-ordered SH3 + recognition manual

Where did you order the recognition manual? I did not see it at the ubi-shop when I was preordering sh3....

thomas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was a limited time offer back in january there were only 1000 recognition manuals available.

Dominicrigg
03-08-2005, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seewolf1939:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charos:
Since I live in Australia im expecting mine sometime after June 2006. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope you're wrong Charos mate,
I'm just across the ditch from you and hanging out for 18 march

ANZAC greetings from

Kapitan von Kahil
Wellington, NZ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be worth the wait guys when you get to see your navy blowing the **** out of the Bismarck. Maybe not when your navy sinks you though... lol!

egoslayer
03-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Hi Ioandar
Ubi-soft did a special promotion on-line, you had to pre-order SH3 before, I think it was monday the 23rd January 05, to recieve your free recognition manual. So I am afraid you might have missed out, it's possible they might do a re-run, if the demand is there, or wait for a pdf download. Cheers Egoslayer

Ioandar
03-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Ah, thanks for letting me know. Too bad, I guess I missed that. I preordered sh3 in february. Just have to hope there will be a second promo...

thomas

Krycek1972
03-08-2005, 06:03 AM
I beleive it was only 600 recognition manuals available for sale with another 600 made for promotion purposes/competitions (of which we know some have been given away already to the lucky 10). Its been said there would not be another sale of the recognition manuals.

Im lucky I managed to get one on preorder when I did, however it has cost more 29.99 v 17.99 my previous preorder with Play.com

Tomcat41
03-08-2005, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ioandar:
Ah, thanks for letting me know. Too bad, I guess I missed that. I preordered sh3 in february. Just have to hope there will be a second promo...

thomas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it's any consolation, there is a "virtual" recognition manual included in the game itself at the periscope screen i think (maybe elsewhere too)

cherbert
03-08-2005, 07:27 AM
I ordered mine from Game www.game.uk.com (http://www.game.uk.com)

They mention that they will despatch on the day before release.

So if you guarantee your order (like I did!!) for Next Day delivery you stand a good chance of getting it.

Call me mad but if it didn't turn up I would be tempted to go and buy it again from the local store!!

Ahhhh! How many more days left?

Dominicrigg
03-08-2005, 07:33 AM
9 days 18 hours and 26 minutes!!

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/dominicobaggio/SilentHunterIII.html