PDA

View Full Version : for people against current build, and people who want the old build of conviction.

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
we're all complaining about how we don't like the new gameplay of conviction, (me personally i love it); but thinking about it, the original 07 build that the CT TEAM was building, wasn't like the original SC's either. that too was more action based and stuff, (just look at the vids that were released for it, and Sam throwing around objects, and policemen, and whatnot. shooting propane tanks for distractions, i mean come on. either way, we weren't getting our old SC, but honestly i deff prefer the current one to the 07 build. much better.

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
we're all complaining about how we don't like the new gameplay of conviction, (me personally i love it); but thinking about it, the original 07 build that the CT TEAM was building, wasn't like the original SC's either. that too was more action based and stuff, (just look at the vids that were released for it, and Sam throwing around objects, and policemen, and whatnot. shooting propane tanks for distractions, i mean come on. either way, we weren't getting our old SC, but honestly i deff prefer the current one to the 07 build. much better.

SplinterCell472
02-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Good reasoning. I prefer the current build also. The old Conviction build also has action, but don't expect the haters to agree with this. They will probably start b******* on this forum.

FrankieSatt
02-20-2010, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peyton18allday:
we're all complaining about how we don't like the new gameplay of conviction, (me personally i love it); but thinking about it, the original 07 build that the CT TEAM was building, wasn't like the original SC's either. that too was more action based and stuff, (just look at the vids that were released for it, and Sam throwing around objects, and policemen, and whatnot. shooting propane tanks for distractions, i mean come on. either way, we weren't getting our old SC, but honestly i deff prefer the current one to the 07 build. much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The '07 build had "Social Stealth" where you could hide in crowds, something like what Assassian Creeds 2 has. It also has a Sam Fisher that looked like he was on the run instead of a Sam Fisher looking like he came from the Gym and they went to J. Crew for a new outfit.

I'll admit that the '07 build didn't look like previous Splinter Cell games but all we saw was a couple of screen shots and one short video. There really wasn't enough of it to make a determination one way or the other, yet people did and that is why we have the crap we have now.

I for one would have loved to have seen what the '07 build could have been.

Andre202
02-20-2010, 07:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peyton18allday:
we're all complaining about how we don't like the new gameplay of conviction, (me personally i love it); but thinking about it, the original 07 build that the CT TEAM was building, wasn't like the original SC's either. that too was more action based and stuff, (just look at the vids that were released for it, and Sam throwing around objects, and policemen, and whatnot. shooting propane tanks for distractions, i mean come on. either way, we weren't getting our old SC, but honestly i deff prefer the current one to the 07 build. much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice to see how guys were flipping out only because Sam shots with a weapon ONE TIME in the demo and saying it has more action. That's just perfect. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif You have seen one video and at least he didn't forget how to throw things if he is in danger and have to run. Though the DC mission we have seen in the Demo is still in the new Build. You have to pay attention to the Story Trailer, it only shows a few seconds!

J Saint777
02-20-2010, 08:08 AM
The old build simply wasn't Sam. It was modern Assassin's Creed with a hobo. Sam simply would not walk around in DC in broad daylight throwing security guards and printers. Especially when he is at the top of Interpol's Most Wanted list. If people say the current build of Conviction is tactically inaccurate, then what exactly do you call the 07 build?

It was Sam improvising in all the wrong ways. In the current build Sam is improvising with an objective. He knows where to go and what to do. He knows what information he needs and how to obtain. This is the old Sam, just with a bigger chip on his shoulder.

The 07 build threw the nature and tactics of preparation out the window.

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSaint777:
The old build simply wasn't Sam. It was modern Assassin's Creed with a hobo. Sam simply would not walk around in DC in broad daylight throwing security guards and printers. Especially when he is at the top of Interpol's Most Wanted list. If people say the current build of Conviction is tactically inaccurate, then what exactly do you call the 07 build?

It was Sam improvising in all the wrong ways. In the current build Sam is improvising with an objective. He knows where to go and what to do. He knows what information he needs and how to obtain. This is the old Sam, just with a bigger chip on his shoulder.

The 07 build threw the nature and tactics of preparation out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
THANK YOU SAINT!!! case in point.

Jazz117Volkov
02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I thought I should point out that Sam is not a fugitive in the current version of Conviction. He is simply retired; no reason to look like a emo hobo.

A retired Sam dressing casually.. sort of.
http://dedesigning.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/m-08-sweater-le-ad-copy.jpg

Emo hobo Sam dressing accordingly.. sort of.
http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/weblog/wp-images/my_art/fullcolor/003_paypal_hobo.gif

sgt_brent
02-20-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't know the time period over which this game takes place.. But as with other games - Why don't the characters ever change their clothes!?!?

Jazz117Volkov
02-20-2010, 09:04 AM
^ Afaik the game takes place over a period of 72 hours. And Sam does have variations in his appearance: goggles, backpack, tactical vest and dirt/damage appears on Sam as the game progresses, kinda like Batman AA. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I think a course in 3D MAX would better answer your other question. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

sgt_brent
02-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Well yeah I know.. But same pants and shirt? I always wondered how smelly batman gets in that suit.. Ohh but it's probably got some Bat-Underarmour, with micro-bats-to-eat-the-smell technology..

It doesn't matter LOL.. Move on - I was stupid to bring it up haha..

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 09:33 AM
anyway, back on point... it doesn't matter what build we're getting actoin wise, becuase both moved away from the old SC we know. (but the current build offers slicker motion, better animations imo, [krav maga!!!!!] that the old build didn't have), also it just looks like a better game overall than the old build. so. yeah.

Jazz117Volkov
02-20-2010, 09:38 AM
^ Yep.

J Saint777
02-20-2010, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sgt_brent:
Well yeah I know.. But same pants and shirt? I always wondered how smelly batman gets in that suit.. Ohh but it's probably got some Bat-Underarmour, with micro-bats-to-eat-the-smell technology..

It doesn't matter LOL.. Move on - I was stupid to bring it up haha.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't let it go haha. Sorry.

It's likely that Sam doesn't stop moving in the 72 hour period the game takes place in. I doubt he sleeps, and he definitely doesn't bring a suitcase with him on his unconscious trip back to Washington. And with running from the government and all, I doubt Sam has time to stop into the local Gap and pick up some new cargo pants. IMO, the game should end with Sam taking a shower, then crawling into bed for a much deserved nap.

On topic, I wish Ubisoft could understand that it was DA's mediocrity, not an aging formula, that led to the moderate downfall of the SC series. There was no reason to reinvent. All they needed to do was give Shanghai a spanking, then get the CT team to work on the true next gen Splinter Cell. Chaos Theory 2.0 is what the fans want and deserve.

But since that isn't happening right now, I'm very happy we're about to play Conviction the way it is, not the way it was.

RaulO4
02-20-2010, 10:59 AM
you guys are forgetting something

the o7 demo was alpha and it was just to show all the ideas in one shot!

you could 100% stealth (said the guy) no kills&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

plus the ideas they had on it
like using the police radio&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
and plus think what we would have if the o7
got polish until 10

we will have what mgs4 had alot of polish and details to the game.

with many ways to play

i just learn that the flash light in mgs4 can blind someone if you shin their eyes fast.
&gt;&gt;&gt;just like what cops do in real life&lt;&lt;&lt;
with cqc you can go through the hole game without killing or getting seen even boss fights

but since it was just thrown out and it was start over(the ideas)

we have what we have now its still good
but it would have been better

come on 3-4 years and only a few gadgets and weapon?

so yea
I'm still buying sc
but its hard to see one stealth game rise even in the online it didn't change because the major gamers but it add and improved for them with out removing anything that made mg mg

then to see one of my top 2 stealth games to fall like that.

fist would be hitman&lt;&lt;&lt;just because there so many ways to do a mission

this is just IMO

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 11:01 AM
sry, but i rly couldn't understand that to well. i think i see you're point, but not rly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

samfisher4491
02-20-2010, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

The '07 build had "Social Stealth" where you could hide in crowds, something like what Assassian Creeds 2 has. It also has a Sam Fisher that looked like he was on the run instead of a Sam Fisher looking like he came from the Gym and they went to J. Crew for a new outfit.

I'll admit that the '07 build didn't look like previous Splinter Cell games but all we saw was a couple of screen shots and one short video. There really wasn't enough of it to make a determination one way or the other, yet people did and that is why we have the crap we have now.

I for one would have loved to have seen what the '07 build could have been. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, stop *****ing! You can still play stealthy if you want; the trailers and demos being shown are showing action scenes because they want to attract more customers.

Don't get me wrong, SCCT is my number one favourite game ever and I love the stealth of all the previous SCs, but SCC is slightly different; in previous games, you HAD to be stealthy because if you got into a fight, you would probably die because the combat mechanics weren't very good, and plus, you where on secret missions so stealth was the key gameplay. Now that Sam isn't with 3E anymore he doesn't HAVE to be stealthy (even though you do some missions for 3E where you can play extra stealthy).

It's good they made this game with more action because A LOT of people didn't like the previous games because they were too "slow". Now, Ubi is going to get a much larger fanbase for the Splinter Cell series and they're going to make more money from the majority of gamers who love action games.

RaulO4
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
sry, but i rly couldn't understand that to well. i think i see you're point, but not rly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>....lol

i will come back and do the proof reading but dont have time.

...if you where talking about me.
it was just writing on top of my head.

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaulO4:
sry, but i rly couldn't understand that to well. i think i see you're point, but not rly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>....lol

i will come back and do the proof reading but dont have time.

...if you where talking about me.
it was just writing on top of my head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
haha, don't worry. i'll sort it out somehow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

srdjan_ribar
02-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Curet wersion I prefer the (little bit Yoda talk)
Combat style of 07 build was bit off for me. It was demo, sure, it had some unfinished physic, but it was little of... and I bet it wouldnt have torture scenes that current conviction has.
Story-wise...both are good... I belive that in 07 build he was chased by everyone, everyone still thought that he is member of JBA, he had to prove innocence, curret build story seems better...
07 build: he comes back to prove his innocence (it is like peacefoul Sam)
current build:he came back for blood ("panther" Sam unleashed)...

Hannjo
02-20-2010, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSaint777:

The 07 build threw the nature and tactics of preparation out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you can tell this from having only ONE video that was ever published. Of course, it was something completely new - daylight and fighting against cops and stuff...but they HAD to do something new and the way they've planned it (I'm only talking of the Gameplay!) in '07 would have made perfect sense to me. I personally think the more Gameplay and possibility of Interaction the better - and that's why I love the '07 Gameplay. I mean if i want more video sequences instead of Gameplay i'd go and watch a film but in a Game I want to be the one who is acting

Yukoney
02-20-2010, 12:24 PM
The only thing I really liked in the old build was Sam's appearance.

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
honestly, i didn't like anything about the old build. haha

OnlyKidsSayPwn
02-20-2010, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yukoney:
The only thing I really liked in the old build was Sam's appearance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seriously :O he looked about as ugly and non-suave as Mickey Rourke

Yukoney
02-20-2010, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OnlyKidsSayPwn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yukoney:
The only thing I really liked in the old build was Sam's appearance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seriously :O he looked about as ugly and non-suave as Mickey Rourke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

But I liked his old appearance. He looked more badass. His current visual looks so casual and generic.

peyton18allday
02-20-2010, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OnlyKidsSayPwn:
Seriously :O he looked about as ugly and non-suave as Mickey Rourke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

But I liked his old appearance. He looked more badass. His current visual looks so casual and generic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
honestly, i think his new look looks more badass. more aggressive. his old look looks more bum and homeless hurting people for spare change. LOL.

Cyrus.H
02-20-2010, 11:21 PM

The current build simply isn't Sam. It is a 3D Shadow Complex with Jack Bauer. Sam simply would not run around in Malta throwing arms dealers into urinals. Especially when he is at the top of Third Echelon's Most Wanted list. If you say that the old build of Conviction is tactically inaccurate, then what exactly do you call the '09 build?

It is Sam improvising in all the wrong ways. In the old build Sam was improvising with an objective. He knew where to go and what to do. He knew what information he needed and how to obtain it. That was the old Sam, just with a beard on his face.

The '09 build threw the nature and tactics of stealth out the window.

sammyboy1981
02-20-2010, 11:29 PM
I still prefer the 07 build myself. Particularly the combat system, where it looked like you actually squared off with people, as opposed to the this new game where it's all button-prompted takedown animations.

I'm with you Cyrus...at least the 07 build appeared to stay in the realm of subtlty and discretion...versus Panther-Sam and his "kill everything that moves" objective.

And as for 07 being a modern day AssCreed...I would've thought that'd be a good thing? I'm no fan of AssCreed, but to do it in a modern setting is unique (I can't think of a game that does that really). The new build just reminds me of he various other 3rd person actioneers out there right now.

Cyrus.H
02-20-2010, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
I still prefer the 07 build myself. Particularly the combat system, where it looked like you actually squared off with people, as opposed to the this new game where it's all button-prompted takedown animations.

I'm with you Cyrus...at least the 07 build appeared to stay in the realm of subtlty and discretion...versus Panther-Sam and his "kill everything that moves" objective.

And as for 07 being a modern day AssCreed...I would've thought that'd be a good thing? I'm no fan of AssCreed, but to do it in a modern setting is unique (I can't think of a game that does that really). The new build just reminds me of he various other 3rd person actioneers out there right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've played Assassin's Creed II and I can say that what we saw in '07 UbiDays was not a clone of Assassin's Creed.

The only thing in common that both Assassin's Creed and the '07 build of Splinter Cell: ConViction had was the social stealth aspect.

Xx_Redex_xX
02-21-2010, 12:21 AM
I've come to terms with the fact we wont be seeing the 07 build but I think Ubisoft would of earned some major brownie points from the fans if they included the pilot mission of the 07 build as an added feature as a thank you to all the patient fans who stood by during the entire development cycle of the game.

But im sure as heck not counting on it.

TomeOne
02-21-2010, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cyrus.H:

The current build simply isn't Sam. It is a 3D Shadow Complex with Jack Bauer. Sam simply would not run around in Malta throwing arms dealers into urinals. Especially when he is at the top of Third Echelon's Most Wanted list. If you say that the old build of Conviction is tactically inaccurate, then what exactly do you call the '09 build?

It is Sam improvising in all the wrong ways. In the old build Sam was improvising with an objective. He knew where to go and what to do. He knew what information he needed and how to obtain it. That was the old Sam, just with a beard on his face.

The '09 build threw the nature and tactics of stealth out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sam Fisher lost his daughter. The only thing that was "real" to him, his connection to being a human being, not a tool used to do black ops.

Her death made him snap, especially when he finds out that it was an intentional death (which, as we know from videos, leads to something much bigger).

So he's now a person with nothing to lose and he dispenses with most of his shadowy tactics because he's not on a leash. All he cares about is his own personal vendetta.

Aj6627
02-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Psst. According to some videos Sarah is still alive...

TomeOne
02-21-2010, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aj6627:
Psst. According to some videos Sarah is still alive... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if that is true, Fisher doesn't know this.

invalid_info
02-21-2010, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jazz_117:
I thought I should point out that Sam is not a fugitive in the current version of Conviction. He is simply retired; no reason to look like a emo hobo.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait... if he's no longer a fugitive... then why is the game called Conviction? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

YtseJammer69
02-21-2010, 10:42 PM
I thought the old build was laughable. I know it was early pre-alpha footage, but Sam's appearance was totally ******ed. The funny thing is that half the reason Ubisoft ditched the 07 build is that it was clear that no one liked it. Now, after it has been ditched, a few people on this forum are saying they want it back..People just like to complain.

YtseJammer69
02-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I thought the old build was laughable. I know it was early pre-alpha footage, but Sam's appearance was totally ******ed. The funny thing is that half the reason Ubisoft ditched the 07 build is that it was clear that no one liked it. Now, after it has been ditched, a few people on this forum are saying they want it back..People just like to complain.
"Sam is gonna wear a hooooodie to blend in with the crowd."

sammyboy1981
02-21-2010, 11:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YtseJammer69:
"Sam is gonna wear a hooooodie to blend in with the crowd." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Sam's 2007 appearance fit in with what he was GOING to be following Double Agent...a fugitive on the run...living off the grid...only to come back when he heard that his old friend Grim was in danger. It makes (made) sense.

Of course with the new build, it doesn't, as apparently Sam was never a fugitive after DA and went back to work at 3rd E, only to quit to pursue the lead about his daughter.

Still, no reason that both looks couldn't of made it. Which brings up the disturbing point that apparently Sam ONLY WEARS ONE OUTFIT in the new game. ALl the footage, screens, posters, etc...day or night...Malta or DC...have Sam in his sweater and cargo pants with backpack!!! Only the first game and Chaos Theory had JUST ONE OUTFIT...What's that about? It seems like a Ubi Montreal trend. At least Shanghai gave Sam a camou-version suit and some cargo shorts/tank top combos once and a while!!!

I know the PEC system will allow for mods and upgrades, but still.

mattduck69
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cyrus.H:

The '09 build threw the nature and tactics of stealth out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sams not wanted in this one

Cyrus.H
02-22-2010, 12:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TomeOne:

The '09 build threw the nature and tactics of stealth out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sam Fisher lost his daughter. The only thing that was "real" to him, his connection to being a human being, not a tool used to do black ops.

Her death made him snap, especially when he finds out that it was an intentional death (which, as we know from videos, leads to something much bigger).

So he's now a person with nothing to lose and he dispenses with most of his shadowy tactics because he's not on a leash. All he cares about is his own personal vendetta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What?

Have you even played either versions of Double Agent?

If you had, then you would know that Sam had already dealt with the terms of Sarah's death by the time he was "incarcerated" in Ellsworth Penitentiary.

He may not have dealt with it in a healthy way, but his daughter's death is now old news.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YtseJammer69:
I thought the old build was laughable. I know it was early pre-alpha footage, but Sam's appearance was totally ******ed. The funny thing is that half the reason Ubisoft ditched the 07 build is that it was clear that no one liked it. Now, after it has been ditched, a few people on this forum are saying they want it back..People just like to complain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Excuse me?

Are you saying that I didn't like the old build?

Because I did.

As much as you think you can, you can't put words into other people's mouths.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattduck69:

The '09 build threw the nature and tactics of stealth out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sams not wanted in this one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for bringing another issue to light.

Plot holes.

ConViction is full of 'em.

TomeOne
02-22-2010, 04:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by invalid_info:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jazz_117:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait... if he's no longer a fugitive... then why is the game called Conviction? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Look up the word in a dictionary. It has more than one meaning.

And then maybe watch the Victor Coste video and listen to what he says about Fisher's conviction.

TomeOne
02-22-2010, 04:54 AM

What?

If you had, then you would know that Sam had already dealt with the terms of Sarah's death by the time he was "incarcerated" in Ellsworth Penitentiary.

He may not have dealt with it in a healthy way, but his daughter's death is now old news.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>I should have phrased that differently.

The news that his daughter's death may have been intentional made him snap and go on this quest to find out who did it and why it was done..

And the hobo sam seemed to enjoy doing fights in the open, throwing people over tables and smashing their heads in with chairs. Yep, very stealthy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Fisher will have an objective, when Grim sets him out to do things. It's just at first he flies blind.

peyton18allday
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by invalid_info:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait... if he's no longer a fugitive... then why is the game called Conviction? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's not about him being convicted of anything, but having a conviction in Sarahs death and everything involving Sarah.

J Saint777
02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Mel Gibson has a great line in "Edge of Darkness" that I feel perfectly applies to Sam's attitude in Conviction. I am going to bypass the word filter so I apologize in advance.

To a man in a limo:

"I'm the guy who has nothing to lose and doesn't give a ****."

That is Sam in Conviction. He lost his daughter. In an attempt to deal with it he took on what was supposed to be a suicide NOC assignment. He survives that only to find out that the agency he has given the last decade of his life to is now more of a PMC than an intelligence agency. On top of that, his daughter's death was a hit set up by this PMC Third Echelon. I'm not going to ask what you would do, because none of us have been put in this situation.

But a man with Sam's past would snap without a doubt. "The people I once served have become everything I fought against. You don't let that kind of thing stand."

He feels the need to stand up for the truth, and as cheesy as it seems, what is right. Sam isn't afraid to make noise in Conviction because he needs to be heard. What he truly believes needs to get out. That won't happen by hiding in the shadows. He needs to expose the agency. Coste agrees with that, and Grim agrees with that.

By going loud, Sam is doing what needs to be done.

He will stand by his convictions.

peyton18allday
02-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Mel Gibson has a great line in "Edge of Darkness" that I feel perfectly applies to Sam's attitude in Conviction. I am going to bypass the word filter so I apologize in advance.

To a man in a limo:

That is Sam in Conviction. He lost his daughter. In an attempt to deal with it he took on what was supposed to be a suicide NOC assignment. He survives that only to find out that the agency he has given the last decade of his life to is now more of a PMC than an intelligence agency. On top of that, his daughter's death was a hit set up by this PMC Third Echelon. I'm not going to ask what you would do, because none of us have been put in this situation.

But a man with Sam's past would snap without a doubt. "The people I once served have become everything I fought against. You don't let that kind of thing stand."

He feels the need to stand up for the truth, and as cheesy as it seems, what is right. Sam isn't afraid to make noise in Conviction because he needs to be heard. What he truly believes needs to get out. That won't happen by hiding in the shadows. He needs to expose the agency. Coste agrees with that, and Grim agrees with that.

By going loud, Sam is doing what needs to be done.

He will stand by his convictions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well put Saint. i like how you did that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

shadowblade334
02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I want both! No seriously, they are all good. if we could play as hobo sam in the first few mission of Conviction then move on the normal Sam, that would be awesome. Another thing Hobo Sam looked exactly like me, I mean exactly, the closest I can get to the new sam is the clothes, the hair wont work for me, i tries

shadowblade334
02-22-2010, 01:47 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well apart from the secret agent part, I do know a man who has stood through stuff like that, and he survives. Cant remember his name though.

SplinterCell472
02-22-2010, 02:29 PM
What is the point of this thread? You're not going to get the old build in Conviction. The game is releasing April 13.

Andre202
02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SplinterCell472:
What is the point of this thread? You're not going to get the old build in Conviction. The game is releasing April 13. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's just pointing out that the 07 Build had feature the devs shouldn't remove from the new Build. Example: Handle System.

J Saint777
02-22-2010, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shadowblade334:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well apart from the secret agent part, I do know a man who has stood through stuff like that, and he survives. Cant remember his name though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point is Sam spent his adult life fighting for an ideal. After Sam had given everything he had, from his wife to his daughter to his best friend and handler, that ideal turned around and did a big EFF YOU.

I'd go ape <span class="ev_code_RED">*EDIT*</span> on everyone's <span class="ev_code_RED">*EDIT*</span> too.

<span class="ev_code_RED">*Do not bypass the word filter*</span>

SplinterCell472
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
@Andre202 Oh.

YtseJammer69
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
"I thought Sam's 2007 appearance fit in with what he was GOING to be following Double Agent...a fugitive on the run...living off the grid...only to come back when he heard that his old friend Grim was in danger. It makes (made) sense.

Of course with the new build, it doesn't, as apparently Sam was never a fugitive after DA and went back to work at 3rd E, only to quit to pursue the lead about his daughter.

Still, no reason that both looks couldn't of made it. Which brings up the disturbing point that apparently Sam ONLY WEARS ONE OUTFIT in the new game. ALl the footage, screens, posters, etc...day or night...Malta or DC...have Sam in his sweater and cargo pants with backpack!!! Only the first game and Chaos Theory had JUST ONE OUTFIT...What's that about? It seems like a Ubi Montreal trend. At least Shanghai gave Sam a camou-version suit and some cargo shorts/tank top combos once and a while!!!

I know the PEC system will allow for mods and upgrades, but still."

Your point about Sam wearing the same clothes everywhere he goes is very legitimate, and I wish the devs could take that into consideration. I couldn't agree more that it makes sense for Sam to wear different clothes at the end of every level. Nitpicky sure, but this is coming from someone who is loving the new Conviction.
Just as an afterthought, the reason why I hated the hobo Sam character model is because it looked NOTHING like Sam Fisher. In the current build, I think the devs have done a great job depicting a rough and disheveled Sam Fisher.

Cyrus.H
02-23-2010, 02:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TomeOne:

What?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>I should have phrased that differently.

The news that his daughter's death may have been intentional made him snap and go on this quest to find out who did it and why it was done..

And the hobo sam seemed to enjoy doing fights in the open, throwing people over tables and smashing their heads in with chairs. Yep, very stealthy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Fisher will have an objective, when Grim sets him out to do things. It's just at first he flies blind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You brought up another problem that I have with the plot.

When is it going to end? There's only going to be so many people connected to Sarah's death that Fisher can kill, before either he himself is killed or he is some how incarcerated (and this time, for good).

And the only reason that the developers made Sam fight security guards and throw chairs in the demo was to show the fully dynamic environment.

If you spent six months working to make a video game character pick up objects properly and realistically, then you're sure as hell going to include it in the demonstrations.

YtseJammer69
02-23-2010, 03:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you spent six months working to make a video game character pick up objects properly and realistically, then you're sure as hell going to include it in the demonstrations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, I would hardly call anything about the 07 build realistic. The objects were weightless, and I'm not even going to mention the absurdity of that propane tank scene.

Cyrus.H
02-23-2010, 03:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you spent six months working to make a video game character pick up objects properly and realistically, then you're sure as hell going to include it in the demonstrations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, I would hardly call anything about the 07 build realistic. The objects were weightless, and I'm not even going to mention the absurdity of that propane tank scene. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The video of the '07 build was a pre-alpha, so of course it would have problems with ingame physics.

And what was wrong with the propane tank scene? Personally, the only part that I didn't like about it was that Sam fired at the tank with a submachine gun and not something a little more subtle.

The scene with the exploding propane tank was just a more escalated version of the original Splinter Cell distraction feature of throwing a bottle against a wall.

J Saint777
02-23-2010, 06:51 AM

Once again, I would hardly call anything about the 07 build realistic. The objects were weightless, and I'm not even going to mention the absurdity of that propane tank scene. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The video of the '07 build was a pre-alpha, so of course it would have problems with ingame physics.

And what was wrong with the propane tank scene? Personally, the only part that I didn't like about it was that Sam fired at the tank with a submachine gun and not something a little more subtle.
The scene with the exploding propane tank was just a more escalated version of the original Splinter Cell distraction feature of throwing a bottle against a wall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what we have in the current build, yet people are so quick to whine about the inability to whistle. Why, suddenly, is it a non issue in the 07' build? Is it because we won't be playing the game? Do you just want to whine?

locsphere12
02-23-2010, 01:33 PM
No the new build is better and more true to the series instead if this I put on my hood and people cant see me crap.

savior2006
02-23-2010, 08:23 PM

To a man in a limo:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That vs. this:
"Who are you?"
"I'm the man you never saw."
Which one is more badass? I mean...come on.

J Saint777
02-23-2010, 08:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by savior2006:

To a man in a limo:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That vs. this:
"Who are you?"
"I'm the man you never saw."
Which one is more badass? I mean...come on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is more appropriate context wise?

savior2006
02-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Mine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
No throwing chairs in Conviction? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

J Saint777
02-24-2010, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by savior2006:
No throwing chairs in Conviction? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Debatable.

Interesting how being badass is more important to you now. Being a bit hypocritical there, Savior.

CoastalGirl
02-24-2010, 08:34 PM
The scene with the exploding propane tank was just a more escalated version of the original Splinter Cell distraction feature of throwing a bottle against a wall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's exactly what we have in the current build, yet people are so quick to whine about the inability to whistle. Why, suddenly, is it a non issue in the 07' build? Is it because we won't be playing the game? Do you just want to whine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I didn't like the concept of "blow something up to distract the enemy" it in the 2007 build, either; poor little hotdog vendor...

I'm just happier with this build because it's L&S (which is no surprise to anyone who's been around a while, I'm sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif). I'd certainly like the stealth to be deeper in the current build, with the features from the previous games at least kept intact (and ideally improved/added to), but it's L&S, and I've never met a L&S game that I didn't like.

savior2006
02-24-2010, 08:40 PM
No throwing chairs in Conviction? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Debatable.

Interesting how being badass is more important to you now. Being a bit hypocritical there, Savior. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WTF? You tricked me!

J Saint777
02-24-2010, 08:42 PM

Debatable.

Interesting how being badass is more important to you now. Being a bit hypocritical there, Savior. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WTF? You tricked me! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know me. I'll never let you off easy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif