PDA

View Full Version : CTD after loading a save

Nite_Runna
03-27-2005, 06:48 AM
I have a problem. I always seem to get a CTD when i try to load a specific in mission save. The crash occurs when i try to load the in mission save from my second patrol in October 1939. It's happened TWICE now. When i first got the game a few days ago i started playing until i got to my second patrol in october. Then i saved in the patrol and went to bed since it was late. When i tried to load it the next day it crashed a few seconds after the "initializing" message. I could move the cursor around and go to the different stations, but after a few seconds it would crash. So i decided to reload my previous save from my first patrol in september, and start over. Then i completed that patrol (again) and got to my second patrol in october (again) Then i played for a bit on my second patrol and again saved in the middle of it and went and did some other stuff. When i got back and tried to load it, i got the EXACT same crash after the "initializing" message! Am i just unlucky, or does this only happen on the october patrol in 1939 for some reason? I can load my previous september patrol just fine, and start new games and single missions and and save/load all the other patrols and everything without any kind of crashes, but i just can't load my october patrols after saving them.

Oh and BTW i've made some minor adjustments to my basic and main cfg files, if that has any importance. I only changed the speed at which fatigue recovers in the crew quarters, and fiddled a bit with the time compression in the main cfg. I tried replacing them with the original un-edited cfg's and loading the save again, but that didn't seem to work.

Does anyone know what's wrong here?

Thanks.

Nite_Runna
03-27-2005, 06:48 AM
I have a problem. I always seem to get a CTD when i try to load a specific in mission save. The crash occurs when i try to load the in mission save from my second patrol in October 1939. It's happened TWICE now. When i first got the game a few days ago i started playing until i got to my second patrol in october. Then i saved in the patrol and went to bed since it was late. When i tried to load it the next day it crashed a few seconds after the "initializing" message. I could move the cursor around and go to the different stations, but after a few seconds it would crash. So i decided to reload my previous save from my first patrol in september, and start over. Then i completed that patrol (again) and got to my second patrol in october (again) Then i played for a bit on my second patrol and again saved in the middle of it and went and did some other stuff. When i got back and tried to load it, i got the EXACT same crash after the "initializing" message! Am i just unlucky, or does this only happen on the october patrol in 1939 for some reason? I can load my previous september patrol just fine, and start new games and single missions and and save/load all the other patrols and everything without any kind of crashes, but i just can't load my october patrols after saving them.

Oh and BTW i've made some minor adjustments to my basic and main cfg files, if that has any importance. I only changed the speed at which fatigue recovers in the crew quarters, and fiddled a bit with the time compression in the main cfg. I tried replacing them with the original un-edited cfg's and loading the save again, but that didn't seem to work.

Does anyone know what's wrong here?

Thanks.

Schepke-U-100
03-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Im having the same issues... Have been ever since I got the game... I dunno whats doing it? I have changed graphics drivers so many times and sometimes they have worked, but then they each come up with CTD and freeze up so I have to reboot the system each time...

Im fed up with it... Ive never had a game that has had this many issues. I graphical issues with FIFA2005 anf all I did was go back to an older Driver and turn the 'Vsync' (vertical sync) option off in the driver settings and it worked a breeze... SO why is getting this game so darn hard... I have had it working, it just get tempermental (which makes me think it is the sofware and not my PC)...

Nite_Runna
03-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Well i'm not getting crashes ALL the time like you, i only get it when i try to load that one save. Everything else, including all my other saves, works fine.

ryan2107
03-27-2005, 03:36 PM
i have the exact same problem as you. i load up a career save it makes it to the initializing screen and bam CTD every time. it seems nobody has even confirmed this error or said that its being worked on. Even though i would think this would be priority number one because so many people are having the EXACT same problem. heres the workarounds that i tryed, none of which worked

reinstall
defrag hard drive and reinstall
turn down sound acceleration
turn down sound acceleration and particle density
make new SH3 folder in "my documents" and copy info from old one
cut paste careers folder from SH3 folder to desktop and cut paste back to SH3 folder

all these were suggested work arounds that worked for some but didnt work for me. i say try them and see if they work. its obvious that the problem is with the save system because if you delete the SH3 folder out of 'my documents' or just never save anything the game runs much better.