PDA

View Full Version : Problems Playing Online.

GeorgeL9
07-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm having some trouble connecting to games on the Xbox 360 version of the game. I search for a game and EVERY time it joins a session with 1/6 players in it (just me) and goes through a cycle of searching for people, restarting the session, searching for people etc. etc. Needless to say this is very frustrating and I've tried everything I can think of (playing with Animus Update 2.0/Animus Update 1.0/No DLC at all) to no avail. This seems to be a permanent thing too as I gave up on it a couple of months back and came back to it only to have the exact same problem

Anyone having similar problems or know of a solution?
Cheers

GeorgeL9
07-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm having some trouble connecting to games on the Xbox 360 version of the game. I search for a game and EVERY time it joins a session with 1/6 players in it (just me) and goes through a cycle of searching for people, restarting the session, searching for people etc. etc. Needless to say this is very frustrating and I've tried everything I can think of (playing with Animus Update 2.0/Animus Update 1.0/No DLC at all) to no avail. This seems to be a permanent thing too as I gave up on it a couple of months back and came back to it only to have the exact same problem

Anyone having similar problems or know of a solution?
Cheers

MrJLBoyyy
07-04-2011, 03:26 PM
The patch seemed to screw up everybody's internet. Welcome back and good luck. Add me, play ranked wanted or manhunt, buy the new DLC (Da Vinci Disapperance pack which is ten dollars for the harlequin, officer, four new characters, two new gametypes, a new map, and single player content), and get better internet!

GeorgeL9
07-05-2011, 07:13 AM
So will buying this extra pack, which I neither want nor need, allow me to connect? That's smells awfully like an underhand marketing strategy from Ubisoft if that's the case...

And I've got a fast broadband connection that works flawlessly for every other game I try and play online. Seems to me that Ubisoft are the ones that messed up here.

Mr_Shade
07-05-2011, 08:24 AM
If you have issues playing the game without any DLC installed - you may still have issues after buying - no one official would suggest you buy it and see...

Have you contacted Ubisoft Support to see if there is something they can suggest to help?

EscoBlades
07-05-2011, 08:33 AM
You may also need to open your NAT/ forward ports on your router for XBL.

What make/ model router do you have? Maybe we can help you with the process.

obliviondoll
07-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Take Escoblades' advice...

And if it doesn't work, delete ALL updates, and ALL DLC, then restart the game, re-download the updates, THEN re-download and re-install the DLC AFTER getting the latest update.

Not including buying the Da Vinci Disappearance, of course. I owuldn't recommend that until you're able to connect to games. The most active DLC options (on PS3 at least) are, in order, 3.0 (Da Vinci), 2.0, and noob.0 (which is the term used for having no DLC). basically, having DLC 1.0 active is the method least likely to actually get you into a game.

If you still can't play, contact support, and be prepared to check and possibly change your router settings multiple times.

GeorgeL9
07-05-2011, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Take Escoblades' advice...

And if it doesn't work, delete ALL updates, and ALL DLC, then restart the game, re-download the updates, THEN re-download and re-install the DLC AFTER getting the latest update.

Not including buying the Da Vinci Disappearance, of course. I owuldn't recommend that until you're able to connect to games. The most active DLC options (on PS3 at least) are, in order, 3.0 (Da Vinci), 2.0, and noob.0 (which is the term used for having no DLC). basically, having DLC 1.0 active is the method least likely to actually get you into a game.

If you still can't play, contact support, and be prepared to check and possibly change your router settings multiple times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, my NAT type is "Open" as COD tells me so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll try restarting and reinstalling and all that jazz and hopefully that'll work.

Cheers guys.