PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy this game

HiImTed
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Without reading this.

This is a glitchy game that may not run on your system.

Please run the demo before buying this game.

HiImTed
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Without reading this.

Please run the demo before buying this game.

unpredictabl3
09-17-2007, 04:31 PM
too late for alot of us... RIGHT HILMTED!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BSR_RuGGBuTT
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Runs fine on mine. Howbout posting your system specs HilmTed?

Want2Snipe
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HiImTed:
Without reading this.

Please run the demo before buying this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Far from me not to agree with you since I do believe a game should work on all computers regardless of state of it as long as it meets or passes minimum requiremtents... go ahead and argue this point to your heart's content as I won't reply to it.

Now, being said that, if you have already given your hard earned money (those buying from mommy or daddy's money won't care anyway and will just look for the next title), the only way for you to be heard is by not buyting the next title with the UBI Logo.

The second thing you can do is, try to make the game work for you and this is very easy due to the fact that there are a whole bunch of people here ready to lend a hand if you let them and/or your PC can really handle the game.

Hilm Ted, if you bought the game already, passed or meet minimum requirements, do as BSR suggested and pot up your specs... you got nothing to loose and only playing a game to gain! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

HiImTed
09-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes I bought this game with the $ I earn working 50 hours a week. What diff would that make anyway?

My Specs:
AbitIB9, Intel 6400, Corsair match pair (4x) 1 gig ddr2667 (for 4 megs), EVGA 7900GS card, SB Live!, SATA 160 gig 7200RPM HD with 16 meg cache. What else? Win XP Pro 32 bit. Everything has updated drivers, patches, etc. No malware, no AV programs running, Linksys Router. Samsung 940BW 22" LCD.

This game is a POS.

Yes I've read other similar "help" threads after playing a glitchy game. I can go back as far as Baldur's Gate, remember that POS? Patch, patch, patch.

I want my $ back.

exitiummachina
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Want2Snipe:
Far from me not to agree with you since I do believe a game should work on all computers regardless of state of it as long as it meets or passes minimum requiremtents... go ahead and argue this point to your heart's content as I won't reply to it.

Now, being said that, if you have already given your hard earned money (those buying from mommy or daddy's money won't care anyway and will just look for the next title), the only way for you to be heard is by not buyting the next title with the UBI Logo.

The second thing you can do is, try to make the game work for you and this is very easy due to the fact that there are a whole bunch of people here ready to lend a hand if you let them and/or your PC can really handle the game.

Hilm Ted, if you bought the game already, passed or meet minimum requirements, do as BSR suggested and pot up your specs... you got nothing to loose and only playing a game to gain! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does help to not buy another title with the UBI tag on it, at least it did for EA. However there are things that can be done to get this game to work, whether or not it should out of the box (personally I agree).

HiImTed
09-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Crash in application version: 30621.2989

Could not load texture because IDirect3D9::CreateTexture call failed.
Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation.

SCRIPT STACK:
data\lib\utils\guimenu.dsf(0)
data\lib\managers\menumanager.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded
Physics : threaded

BSR_RuGGBuTT
09-17-2007, 11:23 PM
HilmTed, sounds to me (from your crash log) like your DX9 version isn't the newest version. What drivers are you using for your vid card?

Ghost_Hybrid
09-18-2007, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HiImTed:
Without reading this.

Im sorry but how the heck do you come in here. After months of the game being released, and claim you know what your talking about.

I love freedom of speech, but it doesnt mean freedom of ignorance.

ColinCJ
09-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Have you created a ticket at Ubi Tec Spt.
How do you do your driver updates.
What version is your dx.
What programmes do you have running.

Makeing a post saying dont buy this game in a forum where clearly people are playing it all the time and with no proper information or reason is not going to get you too much help.

If you read the threads in here you will clearly see people do have some issues but on the other hand there are many members here who will help you out if your post is done in the right way.

You need to tell us stuff like what settings are you trying to run the game on a memory issue ie normally what it means your GPU cant cope with the ammount of work you are trying to do maybe beacuse of the settings.

Some people here have G8800 and max the **** out of them but 768 memory can only do so much.

I also know the game still has some bugs but it does run and runs well on most systems.

HiImTed
09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
I should not be pissed off because I spent $50 of my HARD eraned money, wasted a day off, and have still not gotten this game to work?

I just want to warn others thinking about this game that it is glitchy. Reconsider this game.

At least with the EA fiasco of BF2/BF2142 you could play the games for a bit.

And I have posted my settings. On about 5 different threads now. As far as a trouble ticket I tried yesterday and the LINK WAS NOT WORKING. Yes I was logged in. I will try again tonight.

I want my $ back Ubi Soft.

And anyone who spends 5 minutes searching this forum can clearly see that about 90% of the posts are about this game not working in some capacity.

If you can help me please do. I want this game to work. I liked the other titles TREMENDOUSLY. I want to play this, I'm tired of EA.

Help me or at least let me rant.

HiImTed
09-18-2007, 09:03 PM
My Direct X is the latest version 9c. Thanks for the idea. I have reinstalled it. Made no difference.

Ghost_Hybrid
09-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Well a certain amount of us had issues getting this game not to crash at first.

Do you have Ntune?

If so you will need to set everything to below normal and than diagnose the problem one option at a time.

Most of us have had that error and it can be resolved without waitng for tech support.

Want2Snipe
09-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Yes I bought this game with the $ I earn working 50 hours a week. What diff would that make anyway?

<span class="ev_code_RED">I was trying to make a point but I guess you didn't understand it or I couldn't make my point across... no matter and it is not relevant anyways.</span>

My Specs:
AbitIB9, Intel 6400, Corsair match pair (4x) 1 gig ddr2667 (for 4 megs), EVGA 7900GS card, SB Live!, SATA 160 gig 7200RPM HD with 16 meg cache. What else? Win XP Pro 32 bit. Everything has updated drivers, patches, etc. No malware, no AV programs running, Linksys Router. Samsung 940BW 22" LCD.

<span class="ev_code_RED">OK, I have helped a lot of people and I am no PC guru but I need you to pay attention and bare with me on this, w/o your help, I (we) can't help you.

1.- Make sure you have the latest firmware update for the BIOS of your board... this is not neccessarily relevant to your problem, then again it may be, but it will help the whole system.

2.- Make sure your E6400 is not Overclock, many games don't like it and it may cause the system to crash. Your may not be, I just want to be sure

3.- 4GB's of RAM is OVERKILL on any XP OS system and this causes problems with some games as well and you gain nohing by having 4GB's. There is a tweak to be able to load 3GB but only Gurus are capable of running this w/o problems. My suggestion?... take 2 sticks out and see what happens.

4.- You say you are running the latest drivers but you don't mention what version, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT as some of them don't work with the game unless you tweak. The only one that has worked with the game w/o issues and/or tweaks is the 163.44 that was called a BETA some weeks ago, it may be WHQL certified by now.

5.- You have SoundBlaster Live but you don't meniton which one and/or what version of drivers you are running. If you don't know, run the autoupdate SERVICE they have available on their site.

6.- Did you patch the game already? With all the games I am playing, I can't remember which one is the latest.</span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't help you with getting your money back and this is why I posted what I did as far as buying the game with your hard earned money or from Mom and Pop but again... not relevant to make the game work for you. In the future, be weiry (sp?) of any UBI game and don't buy until you visit the respective forum and read pros and cons.

Oliver_Reed
09-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Or an even simpler rule of thumb is this: don't bother buying anything made by Grin unless you hear lots of good things from lots of different people...

... but even then, given their track record, have a real good think about it....

BSR_RuGGBuTT
09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Over a dozen guys in my squad haven't had issues. Sometimes Windows itself is fuxored and won't allow a game to run. A fresh install might be in order.

baff6
09-20-2007, 01:47 PM
If you are playing Co-op, it's never going to work.

Don't worry too much about your hardware and drivers etc.

Not everything in life can be fixed at your end.

unpredictabl3
09-20-2007, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">HiImTed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My Specs:
AbitIB9, Intel 6400, Corsair match pair (4x) 1 gig ddr2667 (for 4 megs), EVGA 7900GS card, SB Live!, SATA 160 gig 7200RPM HD with 16 meg cache. What else? Win XP Pro 32 bit. Everything has updated drivers, patches, etc. No malware, no AV programs running, Linksys Router. Samsung 940BW 22" LCD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Looks like a really good system except for that SB live (5.1?) card. Why have a nice system and that POS card in it. I don't think they make SBlive anymore and have stopped support for it too. I Know i went and installed mine last night and well, lets put it this way....nothing but problems. So i yanked it out again and it went with this mornings trash. HA HA. Your onboard sound is better than that (Realtek High Definition Audio Driver).SB live has just became LEGACY which in my mind is extinct. Why use a card that's ...errrr.....old and out of date?

1.Yank the card out
2.download Driver cleaner pro 1.5 (http://www.overclock.net/downloads/138459-driver-cleaner-pro-1-5-a.html)
3.uninstall creative SB live in add and remove programs and then use driver cleaner pro and uninstall anything creative. before you reboot goto abit and download the latest sound driver.reboot.
4.install hd sound driver.reboot
5.download OpenAL (http://developer.creative.com/articles/article.asp?cat=1&sbcat=31&top=38&aid=46) and install
6. When in game Turn down Dynamic Shadows to "low" apply
7 audio options in game do a "auto detect" and apply.

You know xp won't utilize 4 gigs of ram right?
in your boot.ini file add the /3GB switch so your programs can enjoy that extra stick of ram.(learnt that one from nebulax25) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

GlenGrainger
09-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Wasn't going to post in this thread but after reading the above I will with a warning....

BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT USING THAT SWITCH IN YOUR BOOT.INI FILE!!

I have had to fix over a dozen computers using the recovery console to replace the boot.ini file after that switch has been added and the computer WILL NOT start. It blue screens when loading windows, I tried it myself to see what happens after hearing about it, good thing I know DOS and how to restore the boot.ini file from a floppy disk that I created BEFORE I added the /3GB switch.

You have been warned.

carnotrankine
09-20-2007, 07:41 PM
If you do not want to buy the game , do so because the game kills you off even if you successfully exit the corridor at the top of the last set of stairs in the silo . Any way , about the onboard ram I had to goto a high end Patriot to get even easy game to work

unpredictabl3
09-20-2007, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlenGrainger:
Wasn't going to post in this thread but after reading the above I will with a warning....

I have had to fix over a dozen computers using the recovery console to replace the boot.ini file after that switch has been added and the computer WILL NOT start. It blue screens when loading windows, I tried it myself to see what happens after hearing about it, good thing I know DOS and how to restore the boot.ini file from a floppy disk that I created BEFORE I added the /3GB switch.

You have been warned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya don't copy and paste someone elses boot.ini file. LOL. I have added this switch myself, otherwise i would not have recommended it.

Mysticaly
09-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Without reading this.

Running demo is always a good advice before buying any game, and since you point this out I feel your post is legit, however the only problem I've seen with this game is FPS lag, but this is because of my video card and CPU (ati x1950eax/p4 3.40MHz), I have successfully tweaked my system tough and now graw2 runs fine.

I have never encountered any bugs, glitches or any abnormality in this game, actually it runs surprisingly well.

So my advice is buy this game and have lot's of fun!
zzzz

Forrester1975
09-21-2007, 01:59 AM

My Specs:

This game is a POS.

Yes I've read other similar "help" threads after playing a glitchy game. I can go back as far as Baldur's Gate, remember that POS? Patch, patch, patch.

I want my $ back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
let me guess: youre just a noob that doesn't know how to play a tacticalshooter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GlenGrainger
09-21-2007, 02:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unpredictabl3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlenGrainger:

You have been warned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya don't copy and paste someone elses boot.ini file. LOL. I have added this switch myself, otherwise i would not have recommended it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I mention anything about copying someone elses boot.ini file? No, I edited the boot.ini file on my own computer after reading the information at Microsoft, the fact is that my system WOULD NOT start, as I said, I'm not stupid enough to edit something without making a backup.

Most people I have helped to get their system working again did the same way, some people went through the Startup and Recovery settings.

My point being is that be careful, it may not work as expected.

ut2k4wikichici
09-21-2007, 06:34 AM
Its a shame this game has so many hardware compatibility bugs, particularly sensitive to RAM, now thats unusual.

Hope Ubisoft do not drop this title in the poo like they did with R6V.

GRIN should take care of us just like with GRAW1 1.41

dE.Maestro
09-21-2007, 07:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ut2k4wikichici:

GRIN should take care of us just like with GRAW1 1.41 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I thought 1.35 is the latest patch for GRAW1

Want2Snipe
09-21-2007, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dE.Maestro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ut2k4wikichici:

GRIN should take care of us just like with GRAW1 1.41 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I thought 1.35 is the latest patch for GRAW1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure it is but 1.4 is for GRAW 2 which is what we're talking about here! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

salamidoc
09-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Hilimited,

i think you'd be better off spending your hard earned money on a console. PC gaming does require some windows knowledge and PATIENCE. That's why it's called a pc (patient computing)

baff6
09-21-2007, 01:45 PM
GRAW isn't buggy.

HiImTed
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Look, I have been playing PC games and computing since playing freaking Ultima in monochrome on a 386.

My windows only recognizes 3 megs of my 4 megs of RAM. I took care of that a year ago. System is stable and no probles with anything else. I know XP limitations, RE that's why I have partitions etc. on my 500 meg hard drive.

As far as my SB Live! I put it in beacuse it sounds better on my ALtec Lansing with sub then the onboard Realtec.

Frankly this game is not worth it to me to have to yank my card and change jumpers.

Besides I do home studio recording and will sometimes use my GINA24 card or put in my Audiowerk2 card depending on sound I want to achieve.

I have made up my mind that I will mess around with the game for two hours tonight. If it will not play STABLE, I am taking it back and demanding my money back. I will dispute the charge if needed. I may just send the game in an envelope to UBI as a protest ATTN customer service.

I am happy and frankly jealous of those of you who got the game working. It looks *****EN and I am BUMMED I can not get it to play. And those who have tried to help: Thank You. I have yet to receive any response from my help request direct with Ubi.

As far as console games they suck eggs. 360 has come along way now that they have a console that actually is not preprogramed to break after one year. And WII I guess has fixed their controllers. PS3 is using a DVD format that I here no one else will use RE Beta vs VHS. So for now I will steer clear.

Mysticaly
09-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry I don't mean to be a smart ***, that's not my intention at all, but the difference between a mega and a giga is so huge that I'd thought i would point it out for you, 3 megs of ram should be 3 gigs of ram...
So, pointed that out.. onto next.

Anyway, I really do hope you get to solve the problem, this game is great in my opinion, actually one the best I've played in a few years, I even enjoy the multiplayer.

The AI is something people complain about, I think it's OK in my book, being GRAW2 is such an open area game it would almost be weird if some AI occurrences would not appear now and then.

I love the feeling in the engine, aiming is extreamly easy, and I even love the animations, something other people complains about, but I love it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Finally, I don't know if this have been asked before or mentioned, if it has then sorry, but there are some applications that are well known to ruin games and steal allot of cpu while ingame.

Monitor tools:
- System monitor tools such as: registry monitor, Sisoft Sandra monitor service, HDD monitor tools, any spywhare service running in bg, file and processes monitoring tools

Firewalls:
Firewalls such as inbuilt in antivirus programs can be a pain, this has nothing to do with graw2.exe but because they monitor any file that are using the system ports, both inbound and outbound, imagine that you have MSN, IRC, ICQ, Antivirus auto update service, any third party update service, windows update service, 4-5 running instances of svchost.exe running and a bunch of other apps that uses ports, the CPU are working on monitoring these running processes as well as a bunch of other processes, when you start graw2 you bring overload to the cpu http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Other tools known to cause problems:
Autocad; autocad have been reported to cause tons of problems in many various games, Mediasource 5; this app have been reported to create lag in stalker, Norton Internet Security; with control panel, firewall, AV all enabled at once this will cause high cpu load immediately when the cpu is forced to do some real work, this because the norman tools is poorly hyper threaded/optimized and integrated in the windows shell while running.
Edit: I would check with hijackthis and see what processes that actually are running, and while you're at it post the log here...

unpredictabl3
09-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Hilmted. i hope you didnt give up yet. Can you give me your directx logs.directx control panel (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4017.html)download the directx.cpl extract and copy and paste the directx.cpl into c:&gt;\windows \system32 folder. CAn't remember if you have to reboot for the control panel to show up in your control panel http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Don't know why micro$oft got rid of this app through a hotfix but put it back.

Do a "save all information" to your desktop and copy and paste your directx .txt logs in your next post. There should be alot of info in there and ill have a look at it later. THanks.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/Geonad/dirextxdialog.png

Last stab at the bag. I hope you get up and running.

or:Step One: Click Start, select Run

Step Two: In the Run dialog box, type: dxdiag

ANightMares
09-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Without reading this.

Thank you for the Honest advice Hilmted, and yes I been reading the post in this forum and 90% of the ppl. have issues with this game, or they need to "tweak" the computer for = or - run the game, crashes everywere and dif. types of errors.
My cousin got the game from someone, and we went to check the servers, and wow!!.. most of all are EMPTY !! the Old GR ubi looby have more ppl.!!
"not to mention we got a CTD"
After reading this forums LOL , we aint gonna buy this goofy game.
Thank you Hilmted were going to save our cash for a better game.
Prob. COD4 or Crysis.
Cherrio.

dE.Maestro
09-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Last post by HilmTed in another topic sugested that he will try some advice that helped other guy with similar problem, but he has newer post a result.
Most people that post with problems get some advice here , and that is why they post . You dont see many therads with ppl saying how they have no problems , no they spending there time playing the game .

About empty servers . This game is not and newer will be popular as some other FPS, and i personaly thanks god for that .I dont need another nanosuite/rocketlauncher type of FPS.
Time will tell if TRR pack and alot of new maps that is avaliable to download will change that.

About GRAW2 ...hmm i think there is something wrong with it or with my PC coz i have no crash and everything run fine ... please someone help me to set up my PC to work perect with all other games except GRAW2

mattocaster71
09-26-2007, 01:33 PM
in my DELL XPS 410 I have a Geforce 7300 LE card.
is it confirmed that this card is a no-go?

Being "computer-challenged", my processor is OK, right?

Intel Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.86GHz, 1 GB RAM

ColinCJ
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Unlikely, PS please post questions like this in a seperate thread as this thread is about a different topic.

AJRobson
09-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Please post your DXDIAG results here as suggested above.

Also, even though the SB Live sounds better than your onboard sound, will the game play using just the onboard sound? If so, you might want to think about upgrading to an Audigy 2. Just a thought.

mattocaster71
09-27-2007, 07:07 AM
sorry guys...I posted my info in a new thread.

Xardonnath
09-28-2007, 05:43 AM
I just have to agree, this game is filled with errors it seems. I bought a new "monster" computer four days ago (!) and even with an state of the art computer I'm having loads of problems playing this game. Still on the first mission since the game crashes for me every 10~minutes.

Atleast it's not my computer, I have downloaded all the patches, everything on my computer is updated.. so yeah.. I've got no clue what could be wrong with it.

ColinCJ
09-28-2007, 06:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xardonnath:
I just have to agree, this game is filled with errors it seems. I bought a new "monster" computer four days ago (!) and even with an state of the art computer I'm having loads of problems playing this game. Still on the first mission since the game crashes for me every 10~minutes.

Atleast it's not my computer, I have downloaded all the patches, everything on my computer is updated.. so yeah.. I've got no clue what could be wrong with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant seem to find any previous post on this game from you, what is your system specs etc.

Just follow the guide at the top re posting.

bbbilly1326
10-14-2007, 12:56 PM
For frequent crashes on GRAW1, try disabling Dynamic Shadows. It stopped crashing when I did that.....