PDA

View Full Version : Building Creator

DapperHayden007
06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
I think that we should have our own building creator in This Game because I got bored of seeing the same type of buildings e.g colonial,wooden,shanty and it would really be useful, Adding your textures on the outer wall, White and red brick textures, Rusted/Fine Metal Fence, Ability to change colours of the texture you have painted on. Indoors, You could add simple things like Carpet,Tiles,Wallpaper,Stairs and other things, there will then be more unique things in the editor and then you have a simple and cool looking building, get sick of those objects that stick out of them, some might like that so they could add that.

Think this would be cool in the editor!
Please leave a comment on your thoughts about this idea!

DapperHayden007
06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
I think that we should have our own building creator in This Game because I got bored of seeing the same type of buildings e.g colonial,wooden,shanty and it would really be useful, Adding your textures on the outer wall, White and red brick textures, Rusted/Fine Metal Fence, Ability to change colours of the texture you have painted on. Indoors, You could add simple things like Carpet,Tiles,Wallpaper,Stairs and other things, there will then be more unique things in the editor and then you have a simple and cool looking building, get sick of those objects that stick out of them, some might like that so they could add that.

Think this would be cool in the editor!
Please leave a comment on your thoughts about this idea!

Leadstorm76
06-12-2011, 03:35 PM
yeah for sure they need a texture option where you can take a pic of any texture you see and paste it to the building blocks of the game. google sketch up has this option its free you should check it out. it helps me come up with map concepts.

FALLEN CHAMP
06-12-2011, 04:41 PM
What things the majority of the Console Far Cry players want the PC Gamers had on Far Cry 1 way back around 6 years ago.

FC2 for PC was extremely basic with its editor, usually they get an SDK and can port in MODS and they get a free roam.

Our Editor on Consoles is primitive to those that used the Crysis 1 editor.

I would say that the things mentioned in this forum are possible or are already available with some games on PC, however a lot of it we just will not get in FC3.

I am expecting the same editor as FC2 for FC3 but hopefully some changes will be added, my theory is they are finishing the single player game and the multiplayer team will hopefully get some feedback from this discussion forum where hopefully some things will make it to the final game.

Anything extra in the editor is a bonus for us on console but for PC they will need much much more than what we had with FC2 - PC technology moves very fast where us console users generally have a 5 year turn around, Developers are calling for new systems because the current generation of consoles are holding games back.

I think the PC community got shafted big time with FC2 some referred to the editor as a kids toy compared to what they are used to nowadays but for someone like myself it would no doubt be a good starting tool/game.

People like maxpower and several others took the leap from console to editor on PC with FC2 so they could give a better indication of how things are.

Then again some PC FC2 Mappers were impressed with the quality of FC2 maps coming from consoles - a lot of custom structures and themes were created rather than using the standard stuff from the editor they used items to create their own work.

I would welcome anything extra in the editor but as a console gamer I don't expect much more then a few changes.

Different skins are great but I would rather they give us better building pieces than what they gave us with FC2 - rather then the same crap with different skins.

However floor tiles and stuff could come as a form of paint for terrain.

magic2973
06-13-2011, 02:19 AM
I agree totally!
I have been saying since the last game any fututre games should get a texture option in the editor.Imagine building your own structures then applying textures like wood or brick in whatever colors you like.This option alone would really make everyones maps feel way more exclusive instead of seeing the same old building blocks just put together differently.
Also I really believe the water in the new game will look nice and blue and not the muddy looking water from FC2.
Well thats my input I can only hope UBI reads these posts and implements our ideas if they can.One reason I loved FC2 was because I loved building maps that alone was worth the purchase of the game.

zeeEVIL1
06-13-2011, 09:49 AM
This is another thing we tried to get the developers to do with FC2. We just wanted a list of brushes that were generic walls doors and ceilings of different sizes and styles that we could piece together to make our own buildings out of.
It never happened obviously, but I would love it if it found its way int o the new version.

legacyzero
06-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Sure, peicing a bunch of random objects together in a creative way that somewhat resembles a building or interior area was fun. But to have a tool that makes walls, ceilings and flooring that can be cut to size for any use would be the greatest asset to the editor. Windows, doors, stairs, etc, could be cut out of this walls. Also, each wall and or floor/ ceiling should come with occlusion built in.

CaptainDEEZ
06-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm not exactly sure how uploading a map works, but having to calculate for custom sized pieces, would probably make everything run slower.
I think we'll have to wait and save the extensive editor controls for FC4 on the next NextGen system.

It would be nice to be able to make something out of the given objects and then save the total object as a usable item by selecting all pieces. And the saved object could then be used in later maps without the original time it took to build.

SpindlierTRex
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I suggested that for this farcry 3 years ago about having a building creater where you make buildings out of pieces and not allowing terrian or quick enviroment be placed into buildings allowing for man made tunnels. also having a build cap and vanishing points is a joke to the the good map makers.

FlyNChipmunks
06-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I agree with you Dapper i would like to see many more building types and possibly differ TIME ERA buildings and STRUCTERS and Objects. Maybe even have THEME clothing too.

zeeEVIL1
07-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't think slowdown would be an issue since everything in the maps usually is custom made. I do think however that generic pieces like Solid walls and walls with doors or windows and doors, two story walls and different angled roofs would be great.
The thing that would fill out a lot of our seperate desires, would be if they implemented stickers. With these, we could apply a suitable texture to these seperate pieces to either create one overall look when assembled or a mix of textures to create a unique look.
This also is something tht would take very little effort on ubi's developers to create new textures that are pre-shaped for each wall or floor piece. This simple idea could expand the editor almost as far as just getting more brush pieces.

Mr_Shade
07-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Stickers.... I have visions of body parts plastered over walls... And I don't mean kidneys.. Lol

In the right hands though, it could work well...

zeeEVIL1
07-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I think Stickers is the proper term for the wraparound textures that modelers put on wireframes.