PDA

View Full Version : Angry at lack of Gamepad Support

damolee
04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
I have had enough ....I was having trouble getting my ps2 pad connected via a usb converter to be recognise so ive gone out and bought a Saitek P2500 just so I could play this game the way it was meant to be, and same problem as before....right analogue stick doesnt work!!! now this pad is fully recognised in every game known to man , even the poor FIFA 2005 picks up this pad and that had endless pad problems.... what a crock!!! and so much for ubisoft support, ask them a question via an online form and you never get a reply....

Im just about through bothering, how much more do i have to spend to play a poxy game.

Does anyone have any ideas ????

damolee
04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
I have had enough ....I was having trouble getting my ps2 pad connected via a usb converter to be recognise so ive gone out and bought a Saitek P2500 just so I could play this game the way it was meant to be, and same problem as before....right analogue stick doesnt work!!! now this pad is fully recognised in every game known to man , even the poor FIFA 2005 picks up this pad and that had endless pad problems.... what a crock!!! and so much for ubisoft support, ask them a question via an online form and you never get a reply....

Im just about through bothering, how much more do i have to spend to play a poxy game.

Does anyone have any ideas ????

scworld
04-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Buy a PS2 or program the support yourself or
learn to play the way it's meant to be played (no nVidia pun intended)

Dr.FeelWrong
04-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Damon call tech support when i called about my ps2 adapter they didnt help me but the guy mentioned gamepads that were to be used SCCT, he said the Saitek was one of them, myb techies can help

Melpo
04-05-2005, 01:49 PM
If you are still relying on a gamepad to play PC games, you have not graduated from console school.

damolee
04-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Think I will drop them a line, luckily I have found a compromise for the time being by using the profile creator with the pad to trick the right analogue into thinking its the mouse.

That works pretty good.....

And for that last comment, I was bustin games while you were still seeing your mothers titty as your source of amber nectar.... smarten up kid, have nothing useful to say ...pipe up!!

Splinter Cell plays better with a Gamepad, one of very few pc games that does. And wow, amazingly enough it was a... XBOX title , which uses GAMEPADS ...there you go, kid ...educational lesson for the day.

Neo-Humanity
04-05-2005, 03:02 PM
My Saitek P880 gamepad works wonderfully with SCCT. It was enabled and preconfigured in the options menu, too. If the game isn't recognizing your pads right analog stick correctly try messing around with the programming software that comes with Saiteks controllers, you can probably find a work-around until you figure out what the real problem is.

And to all the idiots that think SCCT plays better with a mouse and keyboard: It doesn't. The only thing that is better is aiming, in which case you just take one hand off the controller to use the mouse for a second then go back to the controller. Movement is MUCH more smooth and responsive with an analog stick, you can't get the same movement percision with your WASD keys. Period.

housekeepinglq
04-05-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that just like SCPT, gamepads are officially not supported by Ubisoft. So just like laptop chipsets, it might work, but Ubisoft makes no promises to help you with it.

However, having said that, I'd LOVE to see a list of controllers that do work with the game. I much prefer the game with a pad.

Is Saitek a good brand?

Neo-Humanity
04-05-2005, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by housekeepinglq:
I'm pretty sure that just like SCPT, gamepads are officially not supported by Ubisoft. So just like laptop chipsets, it might work, but Ubisoft makes no promises to help you with it.

However, having said that, I'd LOVE to see a list of controllers that do work with the game. I much prefer the game with a pad.

Is Saitek a good brand? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCCT supports gamepads officially. There's a whole section of the options menu dedicated to gamepad configuration.

My Saitek P880 was automatically detected and configured. Works great.

damolee
04-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Here's a list judging by the defaultjoysticks config file in the system folder, should have payed more attented to this before I bought this pad.... doh, taking it back to get the P880 tomorrow.

Gravis Eliminator AfterShock
WingMan Cordless Gamepad
Logitech WingMan RumblePad USB
Logitech RumblePad 2 USB
Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 USB
Logitech Dual Action USB
Nostromo n45 Dual Analog Gamepad
Saitek P880 Pad
Saitek P3000 Wireless Pad
Thrustmaster 360 Modena UPad Force
Thrustmaster analog gamepad
Thrustmaster vibrating gamepad
Firestorm Wireless Gamepad
XBox Controller HID Minidriver, XID ....???
6 axis 10 button device with hat switch ...??
MP-8866 Dual USB Joypad
DualShock2 ThunderGeneral
DualShock2 PSX N64
SHOCK2 Joystick

Sheesh, some sponsorship deal they have going there with logitech!!

The Saitek controllers are great, quite big and really snug fit in the hands. (My gf laughed whe n I typed that.... women)

So there you have it, getting a pad, then buy one thats listed here.

- D -