PDA

View Full Version : "Known problems"

UbiRazz
03-17-2005, 02:56 AM
Quoted from the readme that comes with the game..
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On NVidia GeForce6800 GT with 66.93 drivers there are some performance losses when the player uses Binoculars, UZO, or Periscope while the submarine is moving.The image becames foggy and the frames per second drop.
The manufacturer is aware of the problem and it may be solved in the future driver versions.

On ATI Radeon 8500,9000,9200 there are graphic artefacts consisting in missing triangles
from the game sky. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please check back later today for a temp fix for the particle system problem and be aware that these are known problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Installing video drivers

If you experience any graphical problems, please install the latest video
drivers available for your video card. Links to the most popular video cards
manufacturers are available at the bottom of this document.

Latest ATI Drivers:
http://www.ati.com

Latest NVIDIA Drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com

Latest Matrox Drivers:
http://www.matrox.com

Latest Creative Labs Drivers:
http://www.creative.com

Latest Hercules Drivers:
http://www.hercules.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.2. Installing sound drivers

If you experience any sound problems, please install the latest sound
drivers available for your sound card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.3. Installing DirectX

Silent Hunter III needs DirectX 9.0c to run properly. To get the latest version of
DirectX, please visit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoboWulf
03-17-2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the response Ubi.

A temp fix is certainly acceptable until a permanent fix is arrived at...hopefully quite soon.

I did allot of troubleshooting/testing last night w/different settings and different nVidia drivers.

The best "temp solultion" that I have come up with so far is to turn off all anisotropic filters via my driver menu and lower the particle density slider to around 70%.

This at least gives me the game in a "playable" state. I can use the UZO and the binoc's at any speed and in any direction. I still get some pretty bad problems w/the spray "wash out", but the target ships are visible enough to use the systems. I have zero problems or graphics issues while using either periscope at any depth or speed.

While this is not a satisfactory permanent solution, it at least gets me playable until the bug can be eliminated (not just "masked" by turning off all particle effects). That is not an acceptable fix, because a large part of the immersion factor in this game is the graphics, which includes wakes, tracers, ship pieces flying off, smoke, fire, etc. Turn off all particle effects to eliminate the spray white-out and the immersion factor disappears (IMO).

BTW...my system specs are as follows:

Athlon 3200+; Gigabyte Nforce2 motherboard; eVga 6800GT 256mhz video card using the newest 71.84 WQHL drivers (oc'd to 401mhz core/1.10ghz memory); 2 ghz DDR2 400mhz ram; Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer sound card.

Thanks for posting/replying to the community, thanks for a freakin' amazing game, and here's hoping we get a solid, no bs fix (not a "just turn it off" work around) for the graphics issue soon.

derHerrKaleun
03-17-2005, 04:06 AM
hello guys,

nice to hear that u are working on the prob, do u have any eta for the "half-way fix" please?

thx

UbiRazz
03-17-2005, 04:13 AM
Check back later today.

CapitaineNicool
03-17-2005, 04:22 AM
Already ??? Great ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ezfox
03-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Hi UbiRazz - can you tell us something about the Multiplayer not working in NAT-environment (READY-Button Issue) ?
Will there be a fix in the next days ?

Captain_David
03-17-2005, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ezfox:
Hi UbiRazz - can you tell us something about the Multiplayer not working in NAT-environment (READY-Button Issue) ?
Will there be a fix in the next days ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Enable portforwarding if you are behind a NAT-router/firewall. That should fix the problem.

Andrew OConnor
03-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Is this only on the GF6800 card? Someone said it was GF5*** and GF6*** cards.

VVS-Manuc
03-17-2005, 08:55 AM
GF 4 Ti44xx too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

otte2086
03-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Hello.

Would it be possible to give some more information on the RADEON 9200 problem? It has not been solved in the 1.1 patch and I noticed that the readme doesn't state specifically that anyone is working on it. Will there be a solution soon? And will it come from Ubi or from ATI?

Thanks in advance for any reaction to this post.

Chroniss
03-17-2005, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain_David:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ezfox:
Enable portforwarding if you are behind a NAT-router/firewall. That should fix the problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This does not work, I've gone as far as removing my firewall entirly, and placing myself on the DMZ, as well as opening the port specified. Nothing fixes it, and there are SO many others online that have this ready button issue.

GA_
03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Wil the Version: 71.84 of nvidia for 6800 GT fix the above problems, from 66.93?

Ventis
03-19-2005, 01:07 PM
I can't start up the game! I installed it and entered the cd-key but every time it says error: cannot initialize the 3d engine. Help me please!

Schepke-U-100
03-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I can only play the Naval Academy tutorials. The single missions and Career mode both freeze just after the word "INITIALISING' goes away... once that fades out I see the mouse cursor and sometimes the control panel, but then it freezes up. And I have to press the reset button on my PC. Ctrl + Alt + Delete does nothing.

When I first got the game this happened. Then I restarted my PC, tried career mode again and it worked. Played one mission but since then it has not worked. I think it may be the updated NVIDIA driver I installed...yeh? I have turned the 'Vertical sync' option off on my graphics card (so FIFA2005 would run).

The naval academy missions run fine, but why not the others?

JG27_Arklight
03-21-2005, 07:42 AM
1. Type IID not available in 1940 even though the manual says it is.

2. Weather may report rain even though there isn't any.

3. No water reflections for the Type II Series.

4. No water reflections for the conning tower of the IX Series.

5. Game reports player not able to man guns in a storm, even when there is no storm.

6. UZO big still present. (will be addressed soon supposedly)

7. Some U-boats will default to "battery recharge mode" even when it is not selected. (If I remember correctly, I saw this occur on the VIIB. Not sure about the other subs as I have not used them).

Quantum99
03-21-2005, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ventis:
I can't start up the game! I installed it and entered the cd-key but every time it says error: cannot initialize the 3d engine. Help me please! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also have this problem. I have updated my graphics drivers and directX but no luck. I have put in a support e-mail to ubi with my full system specs. If anyone knows how to get round this please help! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Chuck_Older
03-21-2005, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:
GF 4 Ti44xx too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Manuc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'm getting the same thing with the binocs and UZO on my trusty GeForce 5700FX Ultra

Pvt.Harm
03-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but I have noticed a bug. I saved my mission when my submarine was at pariscope depp (sry my english)
and exited the game, after some hours I loaded the game and I saw the crew on the brigde under water. Thats clearly a bug; when the crew is at the brigde under water.

EDIT:
Ops! Already posted, sorry.Found it (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=2881085392&m=9541080692)

Mthras
03-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi there,

in hope to post a prob that has not been recognized yet, if otherwise: SORRY

SH3 ran smooth and with no major problems on my system. i installed the patch (V1.1) from the first hour and all was fine for 2 days, i could play and was luky. then as i exited the game i got this message (german system):

Silent Hunter3: sh3.exe - Fehler in Anwendung

Die Anweisung in "0x1000ef46" verweist auf Speicher in "0x3f800000". Der Vorgang "read" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgef√ľhrt werden.

Klicken Sie auf "OK", um das Programm zu beenden.
Klicken Sie auf "Abbrechen", um das Programm zu debuggen.

it appears that after this crash i am not able to fire up SH3 anymore! the intro shows but after that at the loading screen with the statusbar it CTD, always at about 45% ... back to windows...

i reinstalled several times but the problem remains. i tried to reinstall all drivers and directx but no effect. how can it be that the game runs fine for days and then suddenly crashes and after that not starts anymore? doesnt that mean the crash somehow changed something to my system? because if the crash corrupted SH3 itself only, the prob would have disappeared after reinstalling... i guess...

so that leaves me the option of reinstalling windows which i am not willing to take yet.

also very interessting: i can start an unpatched (v1.0) version of the game but as soon as i patch it, the same again: 45% of statusbar/loadingscreen ... CTD

i have searched the forums and i found a few guys with the same prob, although the "initializing" crash occoured always different the result was the same: they can not run the game anymore, though they could do so earlier on the very same system!

hope u dev/ubi guys add this to your list.

my system:

OS Windows XP SP1
MSI KT4AV
AMD XP 2400+
1 GB RAM
MSI FX 5600
Onboard Sound

ok, greets and thanx for your attention

JohnH1971
03-22-2005, 04:28 AM
The same problem happened to me, game was working fine for days, then got to 45% loaded and CTD. I resolved it by renaming the SH3 folder (to SH3_old) in 'my documents' The game then loaded up fine.
I was able to copy the config files from the SH3_old folder so I didn't have to go through the naval training again.

Mthras
03-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Hurray!!!

Thank you JohnH1971! you are one hell of a lifesaver, it worked 100% for me, game fires up again and i can use my savegames. i am gonna tell the other guys with the same prob over at the german forum your tip, maybe it does some good...

...thanx a lot

greets Mthras

forget_f1
03-22-2005, 09:51 AM
I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 and I had the same issues with the binoculars and UZO. After updating the driver from www.nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com) released on March 11th the binoculars worked fine BUT NOT the UZO. (for 100% particle density)

SnowHeart
03-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Don't know if this is the "list your problems here"-thread, but it looks like it, so...

1) [Deleted by Author--Realized what problem was.]

2) Loading a saved campaign... Only some of the save games (usually the auto save upon a return from a mission) shows a detail of my sunk tonnage, patrols completed, etc. All the other save games (mid-patrol and "before mission") record zeros across the board.

3) The upgrades I purchase for my sub seem to be disappearing. Either that, or I can't tell if they're still there. For example, I bought an engine upgrade at the beginning, but was able to "buy it again" after my third patrol. Same thing with my U-boat side emblem, installed it after the 2nd patrol, reinstalled it after the 3rd. Wondering if I could just keep reinstalling it over and over, I tried it again and it said "you already have that..." So, it seems that it definitely disappeared at some point.

Wish List:
1) [Edit: Realism Percentages. I had asked for toggle boxes for various issues rather than a generic sliding percentage scale. I have since actually tried to change the percentage and realized *gasp* there are toggle boxes. So, I'm a dope.]
2) Let us start in open water instead of having to navigate out of port. Navigating out of Lorient is a pain in the **** and takes half-an-hour because the time compression only works for 10% of the trip.
3) Improve the menu for the upgrade system. If what I mentioned above isn't a bug, then it's definitely a menu problem. It isn't clear when an option is already installed or not.

Otherwise, a great game. Glad to have it.

SnowHeart
03-22-2005, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by forget_f1:
I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 and I had the same issues with the binoculars and UZO. After updating the driver from http://www.nvidia.com released on March 11th the binoculars worked fine BUT NOT the UZO. (for 100% particle density) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I read somewhere that CTRL-P temporarily turns that effect off. That's what I've been doing and it works great, but you have to do it for each mission/load.

taz3d
03-22-2005, 01:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chroniss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain_David:
Enable portforwarding if you are behind a NAT-router/firewall. That should fix the problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This does not work, I've gone as far as removing my firewall entirly, and placing myself on the DMZ, as well as opening the port specified. Nothing fixes it, and there are SO many others online that have this ready button issue. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

true!!
and it's **** annoying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

forager1971
03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
i have posted this elsewhere but the medals are being awarded in the wrong years. also i have sunk over 100k and no promotion. yet i have the knights cross with oak leaves swords diamonds in gold.

Monkeywho
03-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Just a reminder Devs. Please be sure to check "
Ask Devs a Question," and "Patch 1.2" threads in the General Discussion forum as there is a whole huge list of bugs found and posted there as well. If I find any new bugs I'll post them here as well. Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Monkeywho
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
posted Tue March 22 2005 23:35
Another bug. .

Type XXI - Clocks aren't all synched up, or working. Clock in Command Room above CE isn't working correct. Please fix all clocks. Basically. . just go over all the subs and make sure the dials and gauges work the way they should. Sorry, but this is beginning to be sub after sub with similar issues like this.

Oh yeah. . telegraph is screwed up in the Type XXI Sonar Station. (Thanks for reminding me MC_Cudden)

Also . . check the engine status lights. . should be green for running and red for off? Right? Not all of them work throught the 3d interior.

warbaby71
03-23-2005, 04:24 AM
Firstly i need to say how annoyed i am at this whole silent hunter debacle at the moment.
firstly i do understand that some games are hit with problem etc etc but i do feel with sh3 its gone beyond a joke.
after many many hours of game played that has been plagued with this problem and that problem and i have taken them in my stride as one might do with pc games.
i come to the point where i am now and its all i can do not to use the ther strongest words i know to vent my anger frustration and despair with this whole issue>
i have gotten to the point where i am, was on patrol six and after several hours gameplay wiht lots achieved i saved my game only to relaod it and find that the war ended in febuary 1940 which firsly was not a big things as i just deleted the file and went back to just before patrol six.
this happened several times and the same thing keeps happening.
on my patrol 5 i had many ships sunk and other things awarded myself and my crew and was feeling prettygood with things.
its come to point where i could not continue with the game as all i keep getting no matter what is war ended as soon as i dock.
i felt quite lucky that i did back up my career but its only as far as the begining of patrol 5 and subsequntly have lost all of that patrol and the things i had achieved and realy feel like at the moment like i cannot be bothered with the game as all there is for myself and many other users is one disgraceful issue after another.
im sorry to say that this is how i feel and have never ever been so annoyed with the issues in any game.
juist for another personal thought. ubisoft and the developers must have known the game was below the standards acceptible as they had a patch ready for release almost on the day the game came out which to me means they have abused not only mine but thousands of other peoples trust
UBISOFT you have been duely noted by myself for future

p.s. get this stuff fixed and please notify us more perhaps via the SH3 website

OldManEmu
03-23-2005, 04:36 AM
I Too have the problem Can Not Initialise 3D engine.Tried updating to latest ATI Catalyst drivers...still no joy
Allan

goldenticke1970
03-23-2005, 04:45 AM
I cannot start my game it keeps on telling me: "cannot initialize 3d engine"

What does this mean??

goldenticket900@aol.com

Quantum99
03-23-2005, 09:17 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">"cannot initialize 3d engine"</span>
Ok, anyone with this problem and most other 3d related problems can fix it by reducing their screen resoloution and the refresh rate to below 70htz, 60 is good. You need to do both of these to fix the problem. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XOskeletal
03-23-2005, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Chroniss

posted Thu March 17 2005 17:29
quote:
Originally posted by Captain_David:

quote:
Originally posted by ezfox:
Will there be a fix in the next days ?
Enable portforwarding if you are behind a NAT-router/firewall. That should fix the problem.
This does not work, I've gone as far as removing my firewall entirly, and placing myself on the DMZ, as well as opening the port specified. Nothing fixes it, and there are SO many others online that have this ready button issue. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My friend found a link somewhere else on this board that said to alt+tab (minimize) when you join the game then click on it in the XP tool bar to maximize the game again and the greyed out OK button changes to join and is clickable, whew. My friend and I were having the same issue, I tried this when connecting to his game and it worked http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

KnucklesWhite
03-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Could we add the glare/bloom effect vs. anti-aliasing problem to the known issue list. It's mentioned in the blog review as well as this thread (http://207.44.164.159/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30542&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) at Subsim.com...and it's a real bummer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

A.K.Davis
03-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Please tell me the myriad of problems people are having with career save games are known issues.

For me, it's any save made during a patrol (not autosaves) will have display as gibberish on the right side of the load career screen and will give an "error while loading" message if I try to load it, sometimes followed by the message "not enough crew" (but sometimes not).

The gibberish displayed instead of the file name I used and the game time and date has ranged from "()" to "#$PUIY*&RG#B@&G!)@OPHF)**HG$T*(H#IN)UT" (well, that's what it generally looks like).

Monkeywho
03-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Bug Report:

1.) Where are the ladders to the conning tower in the Type II? Do my men just jump from the command room to the conning tower

2.) Port and Starboard light in command room are red on port and green on starboard when charging batteries and running on diesel, but in conning tower. . the are green on port and red on starboard. I think my U-boat is confused. Please fix. Thank you!

PS. Really enjoying the game!

PSS. Please note Patch 1.2 Thread in General Discussion Forums - more bugs there, but I can't locate it now. I'll continue to post here and in the Gen. Dicussions - Ask the Devs a Question.

quillan
03-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Got a rather strange one for you guys, and I suspect what may be the cause of it. My career is with the 7th Flotilla. On 1 Sept 1940, at 00:00 hours, I get a radio message from BdU saying "The base has changed to St. Nazaire". 10 seconds later, this is followed by "The base has changed to Kiel". Every minute from this point on, I get the same two radio messages. This does continue into the next patrol, once I am already in St. Nazaire.

Now, my suspicion of the cause is this: Most of the French ports vanished from the map after the fall of France. I came back in from a patrol in the middle of June, and when I went back out in the middle of July, Bordeaux was the only port on the navigator's map. Brest has since reappeared, as has Lorient, but St. Nazaire is not on the map still (neither is Toulon, but that's not germaine to this problem). I suspect that there is a date trigger in the game causing the base switch to St. Nazaire, but another trigger is switching it back because the base isn't on the map yet, resulting in an infinite loop.

CCIP
03-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Problem: Game crashes to Desktop in any mode whenever it reaches the "Initializing" screen.

Solution: Go to Sound Options => Disable Music.

Weird. But it looks like I'm not the only one that has it. Can the Devs take a look at this, perhaps?

Monkeywho
03-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Re: SnowHeart - "2) Let us start in open water instead of having to navigate out of port. Navigating out of Lorient is a pain in the **** and takes half-an-hour because the time compression only works for 10% of the trip."

I agree. Do please provide an option to let people choose to start in open water BUT, and this is a big BUT. . please let us still have the option of navigating out manually. I personally enjoy going out from port. Please make it both options available. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks!

w00ps
03-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Enable portforwarding if you are behind a NAT-router/firewall. That should fix the problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What port is used for the game ?

forager1971
03-24-2005, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quillan:
Got a rather strange one for you guys, and I suspect what may be the cause of it. My career is with the 7th Flotilla. On 1 Sept 1940, at 00:00 hours, I get a radio message from BdU saying "The base has changed to St. Nazaire". 10 seconds later, this is followed by "The base has changed to Kiel". Every minute from this point on, I get the same two radio messages. This does continue into the next patrol, once I am already in St. Nazaire.

Now, my suspicion of the cause is this: Most of the French ports vanished from the map after the fall of France. I came back in from a patrol in the middle of June, and when I went back out in the middle of July, Bordeaux was the only port on the navigator's map. Brest has since reappeared, as has Lorient, but St. Nazaire is not on the map still (neither is Toulon, but that's not germaine to this problem). I suspect that there is a date trigger in the game causing the base switch to St. Nazaire, but another trigger is switching it back because the base isn't on the map yet, resulting in an infinite loop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i had the same problem. i saved the game and loaded it and everything seemed alright, but now whenever i resume my career it always says base changed to keil and then base changed to st. nazaire. i think that there is a date problem though because i have the knight's cross with gold leaves swords and diamonds and it is june 1941. the award wasn't created until 1944.

quillan
03-24-2005, 08:49 PM
I think I found the problem. This is from the flotilla.cfg file:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Flotilla2=904
TO2=940
NbStartingDate2=5
NbDate2=7
Wmblem2=data/Emblems/SubEmblems/Flotillas/7th flotilla.tga
NbBases2=3
Base2_0=750;Kiel
Date2_0_0=1939
Month2_0_0=8
Date2_0_1=1940
Month2_0_1=9
DeparturePointLong2_0=1218729.000000
DeparturePointLat2_0=6521451.000000
Heading2_0=50.251987
Base2_1=754;St. Nazaire
Date2_1_0=1940
Month2_1_0=9
Date2_1_1=1944
Month2_1_1=7
DeparturePointLong2_1=-286146.000000
DeparturePointLat2_1=5673410.000000
Heading2_1=180.000000
Base2_2=755;Bergen
Date2_2_0=1944
Month2_2_0=8
Date2_2_1=1945
Month2_2_1=5
DeparturePointLong2_2=637572.000000
DeparturePointLat2_2=7249168.000000
Heading2_2=270.000000
NbUboats2=2
Uboat2_0=1
Uboat2_1=3 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For each base, it lists a first year/month occupation, and last year/month of occupation. For the other flotillas, when changing bases, there's a one month separation. For example, the last month of 1st flotilla in Wilhelmshaven is 7/40, and first month in Brest is 8/40. For the 7th, the last month in Kiel and the first month in St. Nazaire are the same. I bet if you changed the second of these two lines:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Date2_0_1=1940
Month2_0_1=9 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to read

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Date2_0_1=1940
Month2_0_1=8 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

all the problems would go away.

SS.DJSatane
03-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Here are 2 important bugs/issues that need addressing asap.

1. <span class="ev_code_RED">Multiplayer Difficulty Host-Clients Loophole</span>

- In multiplayer currently a host can only choose from 4 settings as far as realism options go. EASY/MEDIUM/HARD/REALISM. However, if host creates a game and selects REALISM option for the game session, any clients joining the game are told by the game to use their own cfg file settings for REALISM. What this means if any of the clients edit their cfg file and alter detail settings under their [REALISM] section they can actully "cheat" and play however settings they want no matter what the host selects.

This works both ways, a host can modify his/her settings or client(s). This needs to be fixed so that we can have honest multiplayer games. Either force a custom mode where host selects specific settings that are forced onto each client and written to their cfg under [CUSTOM] settings as the mission loads or make the game check clients any of the 4 difficulties settings against host and alter based on what host states. This is a serious issue and needs to be addressed asap. Do you really want to play on REALISM while 1 of the players have unlimited torpedoes, fast reloading and auto targetting? I bet not.

2. <span class="ev_code_RED">Campaign U-Boat upgrades lost when patrol game loaded back(after out of base)</span>

- This is very serious issue/bug and so far I only confirmed it for engine upgrades, I hope it doesn't affect all upgrades for U-Boats but more testing needed. Basically:

Let's say you are back in base and you upgrade your diesel engine, then you go on patrol, your engine upgrade will be present at this point and you will be able to go a bit faster. However, if you save a game during the patrol, and then load it back, the engine upgrade will not be present until you return back to base from the patrol. This is bad and wonder how many upgrades this affects.

P.S.

(I am not aware if they are already posted as UBI forums search function doesn't work and I am not about to spend hours looking if anyone posted this before)

A.K.Davis
03-25-2005, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS.DJSatane:
Here are 2 important bugs/issues that need addressing asap._2. <span class="ev_code_RED">Campaign U-Boat upgrades lost when patrol game loaded back(after out of base)</span>_

- This is very serious issue/bug and so far I only confirmed it for engine upgrades, I hope it doesn't affect all upgrades for U-Boats but more testing needed. Basically:

Let's say you are back in base and you upgrade your diesel engine, then you go on patrol, your engine upgrade will be present at this point and you will be able to go a bit faster. However, if you save a game during the patrol, and then load it back, the engine upgrade will not be present until you return back to base from the patrol. This is bad and wonder how many upgrades this affects.

P.S.

_(I am not aware if they are already posted as UBI forums search function doesn't work and I am not about to spend hours looking if anyone posted this before)_ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See my earlier post in thread about "myriad save game problems." Basically, I've concluded it is not safe to save during your patrol (while I have constant problems, others have reported making many in-patrol saves with no problems, then going to load their most recent and have something ridiculous happen like being told that the war had ended in 1940, so don't become complacent if your currently not having problems).

For the time being, I am just letting the game auto-save and working with those. Additionally, I am manually backing these saves up, because I suspect the entire save system has the potential to corrupt at any time.

I have no confidence in the save system included with this game and hope that the devs provide some answers on this VERY SOON.

A.K.Davis
03-25-2005, 09:46 AM
as mentioned:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uthervl:
I just completed a patrol and returned to Brest.

I outfitted and put to sea again. During my patrol I saved the game. It said "game saved"

When I try to load the game it says I cannot because the war has ended on Sept 1 1940.

No matter how many times I return to Brest from a previous save it always does not save the name I want it to.

Always the options for load are

Beginning of my first patrol

The save I made just as I was putting into Brest

or
The war has ended.

Anyone got a clue? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HeibgesU999
03-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Compressed Air Gaugue has "Redline" on wrong side of Gaugue

hfodf
03-26-2005, 11:58 AM
http://img32.exs.cx/img32/1503/ghostontribal4ly.jpg
Got ghost persons behind the gun on a Tribal Class Destroyer. (Check the helmits http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.)
How i did it: External cam view (F12), press the window key (to switch to desktop), do something (i checked my email), go back, and you have ghost people. Not a major bug, but perhaps worth fixing.

On the ready bug and crashing to desktop, haven't happen to me once. (And i play the game a lot.) Weird eh?

Another bug (i'm sure it's already mentioned), is when you go F12 mode, and look down, it flips back up when you look straight down. (Or was it the other way around?)

LOVING THIS GAME!

Cheers,

Jambock__07
03-26-2005, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by w00ps:
Enable portforwarding if you are behind a NAT-router/firewall. That should fix the problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What port is used for the game ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, What port is used for the game ?

Monkeywho
03-27-2005, 07:57 AM
posted Sun March 27 2005 06:52
Bug / Question? -

There has been a lot of discussion about crush depth, particular with the type VII B / C and type IX variants. I noticed in the manual that the stated operational depth and test depth of the VII B (150 and 225)is DIFFERENT from the Yellow, Red gauges on the depth meter in the 3d view (100 starts yellow, 160 starts red), in fact, the 3d view I believe I've see all the depth gauges have the same yellow and red levels which shouldn't be I think. Shouldn't they be different for each U-Boat type?

A lot of people have been complaining the game doesn't allow you to A) Go deep enough . . at least not as stated in the Text / Max levels in the manual and B) Once you have reached crush depth. . or serious damage, to be given enough time to attempt to surface.

Please fix these mistakes. Even the 3d view needs to be fixed as it's not really helpful because it really doesn't show you the same test depth level as the manual and even remembering the manual levels doesn't help as they don't seem to work in the game. Thanks BTW. . awesome game. . I had this awesome encounter with an aux. cruiser in the fog and heavy rain.. totally wicked! Keep up the good work!

Also. . Re: the Flak Gun. . I wanted to man the Flak gun manually to shoot at a merchent ship, (I had sunk two torps in it, but it didn't sink and I was all out of torps) . . anyway I couldn't man the gun. It would just let me look around, but not move the gun. Could this fixed please? Thanks. I'd like to be able to man the gun manually at all times, not just when and aircraft is in site. Thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hfodf
03-27-2005, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also. . Re: the Flak Gun. . I wanted to man the Flak gun manually to shoot at a merchent ship, (I had sunk two torps in it, but it didn't sink and I was all out of torps) . . anyway I couldn't man the gun. It would just let me look around, but not move the gun. Could this fixed please? Thanks. I'd like to be able to man the gun manually at all times, not just when and aircraft is in site. Thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Press F7, man the dekgun, only after doing that, you can take the position of a person behind it. (To shoot yourself.)

SS.DJSatane
03-27-2005, 08:30 AM
I found 2 more important bugs related to multiplayer play:

3. <span class="ev_code_RED">Players do not see officers on tower/deck/flak gun of other Players</span>

- Basically if you are playing multiplayer and surface next to another player, even you and your teammate man tower, deck gun or flak, you will only see actual sailors and officers *ONLY* on your own sub but other player sub will always display no people on the submarine even if they are firing deck gun etc... This is pretty big deal, and it should be fixed so you can see other player's officers manning deck gun and looking through boneculars on the tower.

4. <span class="ev_code_RED">In multiplayer only Host player hears the "pinging" by escorts, clients do not</span>

- Another pretty big bug in multiplayer, basically in multiplayer session only the host player will hear pinging from destroyers, even if the destroyer is right on top of any client players and pinging them. The clients will not hear it, only host. This needs to be fixed badly as well.

HeibgesU999
03-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Occasionally, game starts in Windows Mode.

I know that the game does not support Windows Mode, and I wonder if there is any correlation between game starting in Windows Mode, and further problems.

It switches to Full Screen Mode almost immediately when this does happen though.

Panzertruppe44
03-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Please fix the "UZO" fog and framerate drop soon because I have it with my FX 5200 card as well!

How was this missed in testing the game? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

FatBhoyTim
03-28-2005, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by forager1971:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quillan:

Now, my suspicion of the cause is this: Most of the French ports vanished from the map after the fall of France. I came back in from a patrol in the middle of June, and when I went back out in the middle of July, Bordeaux was the only port on the navigator's map. Brest has since reappeared, as has Lorient, but St. Nazaire is not on the map still (neither is Toulon, but that's not germaine to this problem). I suspect that there is a date trigger in the game causing the base switch to St. Nazaire, but another trigger is switching it back because the base isn't on the map yet, resulting in an infinite loop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i had the same problem. i saved the game and loaded it and everything seemed alright, but now whenever i resume my career it always says base changed to keil and then base changed to st. nazaire. i think that there is a date problem though because i have the knight's cross with gold leaves swords and diamonds and it is june 1941. the award wasn't created until 1944. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same with me, on both issues. Noticed the ports had vanished but had orders to head there. Also have that award despite it being only Sept '40.

FatBhoyTim
03-28-2005, 08:09 AM
I bet if you changed the second of these two lines:

Month2_0_1=9 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to read

Month2_0_1=8 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

all the problems would go away. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how exactly do you do that?

quillan
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Notepad, Wordpad, Word, WordPerfect or any other text editing or word processing software. It's a simple text file with a different suffix, is all.

FatBhoyTim
03-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Much appreciated http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

TG_Gazoo
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey all

Here's a problem, I started a post here in the forums before I saw this "Known Problems" post.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=2881085392&m=8391092992&p=1

It's regarding the multi-player ready button...
When you choose a room to join, some are not getting a [Ready button].. they have an [OK button] which they cannot click to ready up.

Has been tested with 3 different versions trying to join with each other trying to host.

US DVD version 1.1
US Download version 1.1
European DVD version 1.1

This has also been tried with members useing the same version and still no luck.

The link above is evidence that I am not the only one suffering from this.

Hope to see it in the patch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/KazEZZZ.jpg

KarlLute
03-28-2005, 09:48 PM
I have to admit. i don't have most of these problems although i have had the deck crew underwater. i just hit dive set my dept meter for a short dive and they come in out of the water and everything is fine after thqt. This usally happens on a saved game that i have come back to play. My problem is the planes. They always seem to know where you are and find you right away. th eonly way i have been able to get away from them in certain areas is to hope for bad weather or not put my timer above 32X. and we all know what a pain that is if you have a lot of traveling to do. anyone else here have the plan problem?

CPT.Overon
03-29-2005, 01:01 AM
1. Diesel engines continue to be heard as running even when uboat is out of fuel.

I ran out of fuel and my diesel engines continue to run when surfaced. I can't move so the diesel engine sound should be off since there is no fuel to run them.

2. Batteries recharge even if uboat is out of diesel fuel.

I ran out of diesel fuel and then continue to move using the electric engines. I ran the batteries to about 50%. I then surfaced and couldn't move because of the lack of diesel fuel. However upon surfacing and running the time compression, I received a message that my batteries had been recharged to 100% and asking me chief engineeer for a status report indciated that my batteries were at 100%. How is this possible without diesel fuel to charge the batteries?

Sig58
03-29-2005, 12:37 PM
I posted this elsewhere in the forums but I guess it belongs here.

Multiplayer issue: I cannot join some servers because they show no ping. I have even tried to start a server and had the same problem w/ friends trying to join my server (they don't have a ping). I've tried everything, removed my router, turned off firewalls, etc.. I don't have the same problems as some others have had (Ready / Go button) I've been able to use this button.

Please fix this soon, I want to play online as was promised by Ubi.

JaFO_NL
03-29-2005, 04:17 PM
My list of minor/irritating problems so far after applying patch v1.1 (EU) :

- Watch Officer still dissapears after first dive
Note that he does appear below deck, except his name is 'helmsman' ...

- German audio does not match with English subtitles
Usually happens when changing course.
The audio would say 'heading 148' and the text would read 'heading 150' ...

- the course- & depth-dials are extremely inaccurate making it next to impossible to set a decent course & depth
example : point at one place I get 'depth 24 meters', repeat same procedure at same location I get 'depth 25 meters'. Same applies to course-changes.

CPT.Overon
03-30-2005, 10:01 AM
I have patched to 1.1. During the campaign my sub refuses to go forward using diesel engines no matter what forward speed I select, sometimes. I go to crew management and double click the diesel engines to make sure I have enough crew and the sub doesn't move. I then have to hit a reverse speed and then hit a forward speed and the sub moves forward properly.

KiwiVenge
03-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I have seen this at some of the forums/threads out there, but can't find it again now that it has happened to me.
I started out in the 1st flotilla and after a year or two I try the transfer thing. Two options are available, one is the 2nd and the other is the 7th.
If I pick the 2nd, no problems, if I pick the 7th, it goes to a 'Transfer to Null' or something along those lines, and freezes up.
Whats up with that?

shadow_skipper
03-30-2005, 10:34 PM
I am running the patched version of the U.S. release DVD. Just started the campaign. After reaching the designated grid location began a search pattern. After some game hours spotted a merchant ship. However, even though I can see the ship through the UZO (it's about 6000 meters away and I'm still on the surface) there is no indication on the navigation map of the ship in question. It is rather difficult to lay down an intercept course when it isn't on the navigation map (at any zoom level.)

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers!

quillan
03-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Skipper, make sure you don't have the "No map updates" option on. If you do, it won't show up. You'll have to manually take the range and bearing info, and try your best to plot it on the map.

MrSpiffing
03-31-2005, 06:42 AM
I've only just got the game and so far it seems to work ok, except that when i quit back to the desktop my windows media player is running. I suppose the game must use it for the tutorial or speech, but it is a bit of s resource hog and i'd rather it not run at the same time as the game. Is this normal? It does the same thing when i have Winamp as my default player. I'm using the latest version of Media player and SP1.

Edit. Well, ive encounted more problems now as i've tried the other game types. I'm getting crashes to desktop, freezes, ships vanishing. I'm not at all happy with this. I know that it is early days and it has only been out for a short time in the uk but i think it would be far easier to swap this for something else, which i intend to do tomorrow, and wait for this game to come out as a budget title, which by then should run more stable. This is a real shame as i was really looking forward to this title, i am no PC noob and my system is running as stable as humanly possible, its just a real shame that the game does not. I envy all those who have had no problems with this game, and i sympathise with those who, like me, have had nothing but trouble.

HeibgesU999
03-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Multiple Campaign St Nazaire Transfer Bug

1. Have multipel campaigns saved including one from 7th Flotilla.
2. Complete 7th Flotilla Patrol
3. Exit to menu and select new profile.
4. Start Patrol with new Career

You will recieve a radion message transfering you to St. Nazaire, and Start and Ending Location in Career Save will be change to 754 which represents St. Nazaire and Flotilla Designation will be 904.

I have seen this with 29th Flotilla out of La Spezia and 10th Flotilla out of Lorient.

WORKAROUND: Go into Career Folder, Go into Patrol, go to save where error appears and make sure Starting and Endpoints are correct (for example, 753 for Lorient in my 10th Flot Campaign)and that the Flotilla Designation (905 in case of 10th Flotilla)are correct.

[PATROL 001]
PatrolNumber=0
StartYear=1942
StartMonth=4
StartDay=19
StartHour=10
StartMin=51
EndYear=0
EndMonth=0
EndDay=0
EndHour=0
EndMin=0
RealYear=2005
RealMonth=3
RealDay=31
RealHour=19
RealMin=44
StartLocation=753
EndLocation=753
SubType=2
SubVersion=1
SubName=U-806
PatrolArea=DH47
TonnageSunk=0.000000
MerchantTonnageSunk=0.000000
WarshipTonnageSunk=0.000000
ShipsSunkNb=0
WarShipsSunkNb=0
PatrolCraftSunkNb=0
CorvetteSunkNb=0
FrigateSunkNb=0
DestroyerEscortSunkNb=0
DestroyerSunkNb=0
MineSweeperSunkNb=0
LightCruiserSunkNb=0
HeavyCruiserSunkNb=0
EscortCarrierSunkNb=0
AircraftCarrierSunkNb=0
BattleCruiserSunkNb=0
BattleShipSunkNb=0
MineLayingShipSunkNb=0
AuxiliaryCruiserSunkNb=0
MerchantShipsSunkNb=0
SupplyShipNb=0
FuelTankerNb=0
CargoShipNb=0
TroopTransportNb=0
PlanesDownNb=0
FighterAircraftNb=0
BomberAircraftNb=0
DiveBomberAircraftNb=0
TorpedoBomberAircraftNb=0
ScoutAircraftNb=0
HelicopterNb=0
AirENVIRONMENTALNb=0
CompletedPatrol=No
PatrolGridObjCompleted=No
ReachGridObjCompleted=No
OffDead=0
PODead=0
SeamenDead=0
OffWounded=0
POWounded=0
SeamenWounded=0
NbMedalsWounded=0
NbMedalsUboat=1
NbMedalsFront=0
NbMedalsKnights=0
NbMedalsGerman=0
NbMedals1stCross=0
NbMedals2ndCross=0
PromotionsNb=0
AssignQual=Yes
Flotilla=905
NbDaysInBase=42
HullIntegrity=100.000000
DeltaRenown=874.000000
NbSaves=0
ChangedRank=No

[PATROL 002]
PatrolNumber=0
StartYear=1942
StartMonth=4
StartDay=19
StartHour=11
StartMin=58
EndYear=0
EndMonth=0
EndDay=0
EndHour=0
EndMin=0
RealYear=2005
RealMonth=3
RealDay=31
RealHour=19
RealMin=21
StartLocation=754
EndLocation=754
SubType=2
SubVersion=1
SubName=U-806
PatrolArea=DC22
TonnageSunk=0.000000
MerchantTonnageSunk=0.000000
WarshipTonnageSunk=0.000000
ShipsSunkNb=0
WarShipsSunkNb=0
PatrolCraftSunkNb=0
CorvetteSunkNb=0
FrigateSunkNb=0
DestroyerEscortSunkNb=0
DestroyerSunkNb=0
MineSweeperSunkNb=0
LightCruiserSunkNb=0
HeavyCruiserSunkNb=0
EscortCarrierSunkNb=0
AircraftCarrierSunkNb=0
BattleCruiserSunkNb=0
BattleShipSunkNb=0
MineLayingShipSunkNb=0
AuxiliaryCruiserSunkNb=0
MerchantShipsSunkNb=0
SupplyShipNb=0
FuelTankerNb=0
CargoShipNb=0
TroopTransportNb=0
PlanesDownNb=0
FighterAircraftNb=0
BomberAircraftNb=0
DiveBomberAircraftNb=0
TorpedoBomberAircraftNb=0
ScoutAircraftNb=0
HelicopterNb=0
AirENVIRONMENTALNb=0
CompletedPatrol=No
PatrolGridObjCompleted=No
ReachGridObjCompleted=No
OffDead=0
PODead=0
SeamenDead=0
OffWounded=0
POWounded=0
SeamenWounded=0
NbMedalsWounded=0
NbMedalsUboat=0
NbMedalsFront=0
NbMedalsKnights=0
NbMedalsGerman=0
NbMedals1stCross=0
NbMedals2ndCross=0
PromotionsNb=0
AssignQual=Yes
Flotilla=904
NbDaysInBase=42
HullIntegrity=100.000000
DeltaRenown=874.000000
NbSaves=0
ChangedRank=No

I edited Patrol 001 with the correct info, and 002 will be deleted when I load 001.

farcry454853
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
I have the problem with the UZO and periscope. When i use them when my boat is moving i get an extreme system slowdown. Im gonna check my drivers to see if i have the latest now. Admins might want to add the Geforce FX5200 to that UZO/Periscope bug report on the first page.

gabriel_cd
03-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Wow, this is a doozy!

Not sure which crew on watch underwater bug was fixed in the 1.1 patch, but it seems that many people are getting their crew on watch underwater when loading a save game with the submarine submerged. I'm most certainly gatting that bug. With a twist!

I was underwater with a minor damaged conning tower after some jostling with a couple of destroyers. I saved the game, when I loaded it later, sure enough my crew was on watch, *but* because the conning tower was damaged one of the crewmen on watch got injured!!!!

Can we have this bug fixed properly please?

Happy hunting!

JaFO_NL
04-01-2005, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpiffing:
I've only just got the game and so far it seems to work ok, except that when i quit back to the desktop my windows media player is running. I suppose the game must use it for the tutorial or speech, but it is a bit of s resource hog and i'd rather it not run at the same time as the game. Is this normal? ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The games' tutorial-videos are run using WMP.
Your description makes it sound like the game is hardcoded to use the WMP even if another player is the default for that type of video.

I've gotten in the habit of manually closing WMP after watching one of them.
It definitely is ****ed annoying and an odd feature for a game of this age, especially given that the menu shows film-footage.

It wouldn't suprise me if quite a few issues were solved by not having the game switch to the WMP for every video and there by switching from 1024x768 to whatever resolution the desktop uses.

Iohann Moritz
04-01-2005, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CPT.Overon:
_2. Batteries recharge even if uboat is out of diesel fuel._

I ran out of diesel fuel and then continue to move using the electric engines. I ran the batteries to about 50%. I then surfaced and couldn't move because of the lack of diesel fuel. However upon surfacing and running the time compression, I received a message that my batteries had been recharged to 100% and asking me chief engineeer for a status report indciated that my batteries were at 100%. How is this possible without diesel fuel to charge the batteries? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Another consequence of this: The engine that is reloading batteries doesn't seem to burn fuel, even though the rpm gauge shows it is working at 500 rpm in a Type II (equivalent to full speed). As a result, the navigator will calculate your maximum range at standard speed (for example) as if only one engine were started, in spite of the other being consuming even more. This means that the only data that the navigator uses to compute maximum range is current speed, while he should take in count speed settings (standard, full, etc.) which determine how quickly fuel is burnt. Ahead Standard may mean 8 to 10 knots depending on the weather, even though the fuel consumption rate is supposed to be always the same. If batteries are being reloaded, it should be even greater, which it isn't.

Another thing: Please let us set Electric Engines while surfaced. This is how U-Boats used to navigate in and out of harbours. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Qbeesh800
04-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Excuse me, how to switch water reflects for Type II and Type XXI uboots on? Also how to make Type IX's watch tower reflects in the water?

vbal
04-02-2005, 06:47 AM
hi!
I just have a quik question. Is it just for me or for evryone that the U-boat crashes at the same depth, no matter what modell? I mean, for me tfe type IID (maximum depth 150m) crases at the same depth (ca176,177m) as the type VIIC-42 (maximum depth 350m)I whant to be abel to dive mutch more depper then 176 meter when the tifenmeiter shuld be green all the way to 250 meters! Is this just my problem or have all the same?

Qbeesh800
04-02-2005, 07:00 AM
every uboot has the same crash depth.
Try to understand that this is the BETA version.
Personaly i'm waiting for the full, free update from those liers.

Lithy
04-02-2005, 09:00 AM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i trying to instaling SH3 this message opens: "error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. G:\1033.mst" and i cant continue to instal the game.
how to solve this prob? please HELP ME !!!!!

shadow_skipper
04-02-2005, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lithy:
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i trying to instaling SH3 this message opens: "error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. G:\1033.mst" and i cant continue to instal the game.
how to solve this prob? please HELP ME !!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if I can help here, but I know that it would assist others in the community to have more information so that perhaps your difficulty could be solved. What operating system are you using (as well as what version,)? What is your CPU, video card, etc.

I didn't have this problem but if I knew more specifics maybe I can suggest something.

Cheers!

shadow_skipper
04-02-2005, 12:24 PM
As the find function in this board does not work, I don't know if this has been listed, but here is a problem I have found.

In transiting to the assigned grid position I was rotating crew on vital stations to keep them rested and functioning. I placed Sub-Lieutenant Callewitz (watchman) in the stern quarters for four hours. His endurance was still in the yellow when I placed him there. After four hours (running time compression at 256) his endurance had raised only a small portion. Deciding to test this I kept him in quarters for eight more hours (at the same time acceleration) only to find his endurance at the same level it was when I last checked it. It is obvious that the endurance levels are not being checked correctly by the game.

Lithy
04-02-2005, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shadow_skipper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lithy:
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how to solve this prob? please HELP ME !!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if I can help here, but I know that it would assist others in the community to have more information so that perhaps your difficulty could be solved. What operating system are you using (as well as what version,)? What is your CPU, video card, etc.

I didn't have this problem but if I knew more specifics maybe I can suggest something.

Cheers! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was using windows XP with SP2,P4 3G, GF 6600. This message "error applying transforms. Verify that....." opened when installShlied Wiszard prepare to instal the game and all proces is freezed.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadow_skipper
04-02-2005, 04:10 PM
This could be a number of problems. I have had similar problems when trying to install a game from my DVD ROM drive (strange but consistant errors) that didn't occur when I switched to the CD R-RW drive. I know that this is a DVD only game, so the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes its the drive itself that has problems.

Also I seem to remember someone mentioning an occational bug with the installer. You might try quitting from the auto-run intall process and look for the 'setup.exe' and try it from the DVD directly. As I mentioned this error did not occur with me so I don't have direct experience with it. Directly contacting UBI Tech support would also be a good idea.

Hope you get this solved, and sorry I couldn't be more help. :-(

MajorTOM_Wlfpk1
04-02-2005, 04:52 PM
hi ..has anyone had the prob of receving rado mess but not being able to hear or read them?

i get them all the time and have on idea of what they are about my rad-man says i dont have any yet i check as soon as one comes in!!!pi^%$#g me off with this!!!

also my sonman and the radman never pick up on targets..i ask for dis to tar and it says there is no tar .same for sonman he never finds anythng

hobnail
04-03-2005, 05:57 AM
Fuzo radar bearing error.

I did a search for this one and apologies if its already been discovered (if it hasn't I want it named after me in the 1.2 readme http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)

I was stumped in actually using the FUZO set myself, its hard enough that the AI insists on fiddling the bearing each time you vacate the chair even if you make sure to instruct them not to sweep and disable the sweep manually by the switch on the set.

Tonight I had an epiphany. The radar bearing dial is backwards to the display! I had assumed that the hydrophone and radar bearings differed due to the vagaries of one or both of the sensors. After installing the excellent sonar/radar mod I could see it easily. This is reproduceable and easy to see for yourself.

Here are two screenies (warning: rather large due to teeny weeny text on bearing wheel)

Here (http://users.on.net/apoulos/bearing-error.jpg) is the AI calling out the radar bearing correctly in chat but the bearing is mirrored incorrectly in the radar station.

And here (http://users.on.net/apoulos/bearing-error2.jpg) is the error matched against the hydrophone readout taken at the same time.

This could be easily counted with a new tga for the bearing wheel but I'd like the direction fixed as it's more intuitive.

1.JaVA_Hornet
04-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I don`t tell the whole story.
I was attacking a convoy. 2 destroyers
were appearing and i made a dive.
I looked in the outside view (f12) and
i saw that the 2 destroyers were shooting
at each other till 1 got sunked.

I was glad because i had to battle against
1 destroyer but it isn`t correct what happened.

Yes, it were 2 allied destroyers of the same type.

Teurastaja_Gleb
04-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Bugs not posted before:

Loaded campaign save (on patrol, 100% realism).
Got "error" and my save got deleted. I believe this was result of my current lower realism setting which i had changed to another profile.
Not 100% sure if this happens all the time.
Game should handle it better. Lost hours of gameplay because the delete.

Saved game when i was evading DD:s submerged. Later continued from the save. Game thought that the sub was on surface (could repair outside part of the boat, oxygen refilled etc.). Situation updated to normal after i lost the trailing DD:s and the battle ended.

Loaded "before patrol" save. I had given my officer watch speciality after the patrol, which was lost after load.

Known issues i've been encountering:

Upgrades are lost in the sea after load. I took full load of T2 electric torpedoes before patrol. After loading i have the basic load consisting mostly of T1:s.

Enemy destroyers shoot each other. In the tutorial convoy attack one destroyer sunk the other and was itself badly crippled during the exchange. Did not witness how it started, but both DD:s were at very close proximity to each other when it did.

SO sometimes reports "no target" when trying to ping range to it, and you have lock.

Suggestions (some already posted on many threads):

1. Crew should not tire so fast, nor should they recover either in like 15 mins.

2. Sonar station dude seems the be almost deaf.
Countless times i have stumbled upon enemy DD:s in dead of night. As close as 300 meters when they at last open fire, and my watch crew realizes "Himmel! Tommies must be out there". The SO should atleast sometimes detect ships before WO. It's not like DD:s are exactly stealthy.

NastyHyena
04-03-2005, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teurastaja_Gleb:
2. Sonar station dude seems the be almost deaf.
Countless times i have stumbled upon enemy DD:s in dead of night. As close as 300 meters when they at last open fire, and my watch crew realizes "Himmel! Tommies must be out there". The SO should atleast sometimes detect ships before WO. It's not like DD:s are exactly stealthy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realize that your sonar does not work unless your boat is submerged. (Well, actually it does, which is a bug, but correctly enough the SO makes no reports when surfaced.)

Teurastaja_Gleb
04-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Ok. Good to know that about the sonar.
Other problem i've been having sometimes (forgot from last post) is that the torpedo crew doesn't start loading the exterior torpedos into tubes (when using auto loading), no matter what i do. Weather is nice etc. Anyone else having "lazy" crew? Manually i can load tho.

MajorTOM_Wlfpk1
04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
sorry but im not very good with finding post on probs ..

my qestion is ..why after completing a patrol does it say no ships sunk or tonage..?

on my 1st patron f-7 i run in to a convo sink 12 ships ,move to patrol sit .complt time need .return to base with no ammo or tp .end
partol ;base and to find i didnt get reno or awrds .....

i was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this has happend 2 times now.

also the patch 1.1 did nothing for me i still have the white out with the uzo bio but sofar i have not had the crew prob or save prob..

PS i know this will make most of you laf but the color of contac ..would it be ?

red = enamy
green =nutral
blue = frendly

.ples god help the dev fix this game

1.JaVA_Hornet
04-03-2005, 04:00 PM
That`s strange!!

In my campaign i only shoot at targets
that are coloured red. After the mission
i always see that i have destroyed neutral targets. Only red battleships(destroyers)
the program sees this as a allied sunk.

quillan
04-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Skipper, open up the readme.txt file and thoroughly go over it. It says in there that at time compressions of higher than 32x, all fatigue and morale states are frozen, to prevent problems. So, if you need someone to recover fatigue, you've got to run at 32x or lower time compression.

hobnail
04-04-2005, 05:14 AM
FAT I torpedoes are supposed to have the 3 speed settings of the G7a but the speed selector on the TDC is stuck on slow setting.

Note that the ingame info confirms that it has 3 range/speed settings.

jp342
04-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Going to be calling Ubisoft in a moment. The game is completely unplayable. When I start out in the navagational tutorial I get told of radio messages but when I click on the radioman he says he has none. Shortly after this I get a buzzing noise and the game crashes to reboot. How in the heck can they release a game this broken?

jp342
04-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Ubi is 0 for 2 now... their support line is 15 minutes late in opening up. Very frustrating.

Oberst.Kessler
04-04-2005, 10:19 AM
When I want to play online, and enter a game server, my Ready button isnt There, there's only a OK button, but that one doenst work...I know how to make the ready button appear by pressing the windows button while connecting to the game server, and then go back to the game. But I want this fixed, I DID bought the game so I want some Quality....Please fix this problem in a New Patch for Sh3....

eXalos
04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
This is my post from the Gen. Disc. page from last night:

2 Bugs:

1) Crash to Desktop

In career starting 1939
Patrol 3
On route to coast of Spain
I just passed the straits of Dover. I am in area BF33. I am unable to get out of this area without a crash to desktop if I go west. It occurs in the western half of this area, and it is 100% consitent so far (tried 4 times with reboot). If I go east I have no problems. I've logged at least 35 hours so far in the sim and not had this, but this is the first time I saved a career while out at sea. Before I always came back home so maybe this is part of the problem?

NVIDIA GeForce 5900 Ultra
AMD Athlon64 3200
1 GIG Ram
SB Live 5.1

2) Destroyer AI fought each other to the death (pretty funny but a bug)
I was playing the final training mission where I am to attack a convoy. I had sunk all but 1 merchant, and had only my 2 aft fish left. I sailed far ahead of the remaining convoy (merch, 1 dest, 1 armed trawler). This took quite some time, but I wanted to sink all the merks. Anyway I was submerged at 0 knots just at 13 m. I was about 5 km ahead of the remaining convoy. I lowered my periscope to about 2 meters below the surface as the forward destroyer approached. At about 1km it spotted me somehow‚‚ā¨¬¶ For some reason I had gone up about 2 meters (depth read 11 m) and my periscope was now out of the water???. Are underwater thermals modeled in the water? What got me to rise otherwise I don't know. Anyway, as the forward destroyer closed on me the armed trawler in the distance (about 2 km) fired on me, but hit the destroyer instead (heck only my periscope was out of the water). After this the two destroyers began to fight each other off. In the end the trawler sank the destroyer (after about 10 min of fighting though mainly b/c both were listing at one point). I finished of the trawler and remaining merchant. Great training mission, but talk about FF (friendly fire) gone out of control, or are tempers modled ? I have pics of this if anyone wants me to post.

macungie909
04-04-2005, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jp342:
Going to be calling Ubisoft in a moment. The game is completely unplayable. When I start out in the navagational tutorial I get told of radio messages but when I click on the radioman he says he has none. Shortly after this I get a buzzing noise and the game crashes to reboot. How in the heck can they release a game this broken? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use the "M" key and double click the message you wish to read.

I also had the sound problem with my Dell 4600. I updated the SoundMax driver and it fixed it.

meowcat999
04-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Game crashes to desktop with : "Faulting application sh3.exe, version 1.1.0.1, faulting module ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00010a0a" in event log

- occasionally during gameplay with no/basic sound acceleration.
- frequently during gameplay with standard/full acceleration
- 50% of the time when "returning to base" regardless of sound settings
- ALWAYS (every time) when the application closes (ie: click exit game) regardless of sound settings

I've experemented with the sound hardwarde acceleration at Basic, and also Disabled.

No IRQ sharing on sound or vid card.

i've updated my VIA chipset drivers, audigy drivers, ATI drivers. My motherboard has the latest bios. I have diabled a number of unnecessary windows services, as well as various symantec/norton services. Have error checked disk and defragged.

Radeon 9700 pro (tested at agp 4x and 8x, fast-write on/off, various other settings)
Audigy 2 zs
MSI KT4 mobo with 1.5gb ram
xp pro sp2
directx 9c

Luv_Muffin
05-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Hmmm. I sail (Sub's come with sails, right?) with the 7th.
I was told to report to St. Naz, and ever since then, when I load a new game or begin a new mission, I get a "Base changed to Kiel" pop-up.

I've heard about the...
Base2_1=754;St. Nazaire
Date2_1_0=1940
Month2_1_0=9

And changing it to
Base2_1=754;St. Nazaire
Date2_1_0=1940
Month2_1_0=8
...fix from the flotilla.cfg file.
I open with notepad, Edit & Save? Doesn't sound that hard (Removed crosshairs from CoD this way too). But still...

I'm running SH 1.3, and was hoping for the folks who patch this game to include a fix in the next patch, please? Would be greatly appreciated, if you have time to spare for this minor little glitch.
*Winks suggestively* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
It's not a huge deal, just a little weird, but I mainly ignore it (for now).
Goosefraba... (sings: I'm pretty, oh so pretty...)