PDA

View Full Version : keep it up dudes....!

WTE_Vexx
09-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Looks like skinning is having a growth spurt.

Good to have so many being uploaded.

Between Jester, Kristoff, Jocko, Bo_Nidle, Warwolfe, vpmedia, taylortony and anyone else i forgot my skin folders are bursting.

Keep it up dudes!

Vex

WTE_Vexx
09-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Looks like skinning is having a growth spurt.

Good to have so many being uploaded.

Between Jester, Kristoff, Jocko, Bo_Nidle, Warwolfe, vpmedia, taylortony and anyone else i forgot my skin folders are bursting.

Keep it up dudes!

Vex

Low_Flyer_MkII
09-26-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll second that - your efforts have greatly enhanced my enjoyment of this sim http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Thank you all.

jagdmailer
09-26-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree.

My favorites usuals are Cpt Farrels, CsThor & Cannon though. Snorri's were great too but I have not seen much posted by him in quite a while...

Jagd

jarink
09-26-2005, 08:43 PM
I've made close to 40 skins in the past 3 weeks (B-17F, A-20 and B-24). I haven't been posting them since they'll mainly be released as part of a WIP campaign, but I will release some early as a teaser.

I'm also working on "The Zodiacs", 834th Bomb Squadron, 486th Bomb Group, 3rd Bomb Wing, 8th AF).

From 486th.org:
"The 834th was known as the Zodiac squadron for the 12 B24's which had the signs of the zodiac painted on their noses. The original artwork was done by CPL Phil Brinkman, a former illustrator for a Chicago based advertising agency. CPL Brinkman was discovered while in Tucson, AZ by CAPT W. D. Howell, of the 834th BS. CAPT Howell had seen the artwork CPL Brinkman had done for the group and was impressed. He eventually arranged for CPL Brinkman to be assigned to the 834th, and, once in England, CPL Brinkman was put to work on the Zodiacs. While 12 planes were chosen, only 11 would be finished.

None of the Zodiacs were lost during the 49 missions the 486th flew before transitioning to the Fortresses. The Zodiacs did not make the transition, and the crews named their new forts using the original names they had chosen for their Libbies."

I have a drawing of the proposed 12th a/c, Taurus, which I'll probably include as a "what if".