PDA

View Full Version : Amon Tobin Give Cartoon Network the Right?

Nick930
02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
I watch adult swim (which btw is going downhill if you ask me) sometimes on cartoon network. And i noticed something...every other commercial that cartoon network produces has music from SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY (Amon Tobins work). Does anybody else know anything about this? Cause idk.. it just seems annoying to hear music that i heard when i was killing people in splinter cell... on commercials for cartoon programming.

Did Amon Tobin give Cartoon network the right to use that music?

Nick930
02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
I watch adult swim (which btw is going downhill if you ask me) sometimes on cartoon network. And i noticed something...every other commercial that cartoon network produces has music from SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY (Amon Tobins work). Does anybody else know anything about this? Cause idk.. it just seems annoying to hear music that i heard when i was killing people in splinter cell... on commercials for cartoon programming.

Did Amon Tobin give Cartoon network the right to use that music?

ROLNIK
02-13-2008, 07:07 PM
huh?

CoastalGirl
02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I haven't heard it, but Ubi used the theme from House (Massive Attack - Teardrop) for AC, so... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

MKCC14
02-13-2008, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoastalGirl:
I haven't heard it, but Ubi used the theme from House (Massive Attack - Teardrop) for AC, so... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was just a commercial, though.

CoastalGirl
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoastalGirl:
I haven't heard it, but Ubi used the theme from House (Massive Attack - Teardrop) for AC, so... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was just a commercial, though.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought we were talking about commercials. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

shenryo03
02-13-2008, 10:49 PM
I noticed that a long time ago.

Woosy
02-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Amon Tobin's Music has been used in the TV show Top Gear many times, as long as the music is licenced to be used it can be, it's not exclusive to Splinter Cell.

scworld
02-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Correct.

halo_99
02-17-2008, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick930:

Did Amon Tobin give Cartoon network the right to use that music? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) What's your point?
2) It's Adult Swim
3) He must have.

Nick930
02-18-2008, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Halo_99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick930:

Did Amon Tobin give Cartoon network the right to use that music? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) What's your point?
2) It's Adult Swim
3) He must have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point? I was asking if anybody INTELLIGENT (meaning no not you) knew if amon tobin gave them the right to use it.

scworld
02-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Let's see...
Cartoon Network = professional broadcaster
1: So they hire people to get licenses and ask permission.
2: If not, they may get sued. They don't want to get sued.

Judging from 1 and 2, I conclude it's very unlikely that they do not have permission.

If you want to know it for certain, contact Amon's manager...

halo_99
02-18-2008, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Halo_99:

1) What's your point?
2) It's Adult Swim
3) He must have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point? I was asking if anybody INTELLIGENT (meaning no not you) knew if amon tobin gave them the right to use it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone with COMMON SENSE (no not you) would know that Amon Tobin is a famous musician, who releases albums, which anyone can buy at a local record store. Anyone with the money could get his music in some form of media. He doesn't work exclusively for Ubisoft.