PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or.........

JasonFMTX
06-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Is Domination and Deathmatch-style games not even remotely close to fun ?

In my eyes theres pretty much no point to it. Its like playing Versus in Splinter Cell. I dont see what the point is running around shooting other people. I think COOP is the ONLY way to play online multiplayer. I have a blast !

If others have fun playing the other style thats great. I just dont see whats so fun about it. Espeically with respawns. I could see if it was setup paintball style. For instance, 10 people join a server. Split into 5s and have a red and blue team. One has to take over the others base/flag... what have you.

You form a team, work together for a common goal, not everyman for himself style. I know that sounds alot like domination mode but not quite. Ive played domination and its just a total cluster mess. Guys running in every direction and all of the sudden out of nowhere your dead, you respawn 2 seconds later so it doesnt even matter... then you get killed again by a faceless assasin.... 2 seconds later respawn. I just dont get the point. Its like two immortals locked in everlasting battle.

If you make it so once you die your done.. or 2 lives or whatever. Something with a fixed number. and keep the teams relatively small. like 5 on 5, or 10 on 10 or something like that... and actually have a common goal.

Or have COOP but one team are the Ghosts and one team are the mexican insurgents or something. To me thats whats fun.

JasonFMTX
06-25-2006, 08:44 PM

In my eyes theres pretty much no point to it. Its like playing Versus in Splinter Cell. I dont see what the point is running around shooting other people. I think COOP is the ONLY way to play online multiplayer. I have a blast !

If others have fun playing the other style thats great. I just dont see whats so fun about it. Espeically with respawns. I could see if it was setup paintball style. For instance, 10 people join a server. Split into 5s and have a red and blue team. One has to take over the others base/flag... what have you.

You form a team, work together for a common goal, not everyman for himself style. I know that sounds alot like domination mode but not quite. Ive played domination and its just a total cluster mess. Guys running in every direction and all of the sudden out of nowhere your dead, you respawn 2 seconds later so it doesnt even matter... then you get killed again by a faceless assasin.... 2 seconds later respawn. I just dont get the point. Its like two immortals locked in everlasting battle.

If you make it so once you die your done.. or 2 lives or whatever. Something with a fixed number. and keep the teams relatively small. like 5 on 5, or 10 on 10 or something like that... and actually have a common goal.

Or have COOP but one team are the Ghosts and one team are the mexican insurgents or something. To me thats whats fun.

Bota-X
06-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Its just you.

Bota99
06-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Yupp.. mostly just you.

SRT_Jedi
06-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Jason, it's NOT just you.

Co-op is the best.

Looking forward to more co-op w ya man.

covert_oops
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I never enjoy ADV and I hate that. I love COOP and I will only play COOP. At least I only need to worry about AI being the cheater. So you NOT just you too.

A_M_S_DNJ..
06-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Its not you, TDM is missing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Squall_Rifleman
06-25-2006, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_M_S_DNJ..:
Its not you, TDM is missing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What he said.
I see pretty much no positive feedback from DOM, and Deathmatch is just no exactly what most online players are looking for. If the feedback doesn't get better after TDM gets released, well... Let's say I'll be glad I waited before I bought the game.

KiddParK-WNx
06-25-2006, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Squall_Rifleman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_M_S_DNJ..:
Its not you, TDM is missing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What he said.
I see pretty much no positive feedback from DOM, and Deathmatch is just no exactly what most online players are looking for. If the feedback doesn't get better after TDM gets released, well... Let's say I'll be glad I waited before I bought the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what he said about what he was saying

kp

Bota99
06-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Personally, I like Domination, though a TKOTH would be nicer imo, ala DF2.

JasonFMTX
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SRT_Jedi:
Jason, it's NOT just you.

Co-op is the best.

Looking forward to more co-op w ya man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, i joined your site along time ago but it said you had to approve the membership.

MikSnoopy
06-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I don't have much fun in DM, but Dom is a blast, as far as I'm concerend

I also have a good time with Co-Op

whatever007
06-26-2006, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JasonFMTX:

Or have COOP but one team are the Ghosts and one team are the mexican insurgents or something. To me thats whats fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you do not understand the majority of the "players"running around like bunch a monkeys is normal routine they don't want
a precise purpose like mission or something
like that what this "players" wants is exactly
what GRAW can offer.

then if you don't like do not play
like I do.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

buzzcocks
06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Problem with coop is you're still just playing against the AI, not real-life opponents. On the other hand, AI doesn't cheat so that's a plus. But team games with a single objective are best, like Ham Hill, CTF or siege. Domination doesn't quite do it for me as there's too big an area in which to capture a base,and too many bases so you can rack up points without seeing anyone. It's kind of dull.

AJRobson
06-26-2006, 04:32 PM
I think Domination could be fun with both teams on coms and then a time limit AND a spawn limit.

Deathmatch is good practice... tho I don't know what for. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

whatever007
06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
this is funny http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
well I have 1 000 000 words for called who you call opponents there is nothing very fun
to play against who:

1 respawn killing
2 team killing
3 camping
4 cheating
5 laggers
etc etc etc etc

who play with this kind of poor strategy
there are not opponents is just boring people
in this case better play against Ai players
I don't care if they are dummy..

whatever007
06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
however companies like UBISOFT OR EA
they know about how people act in online
but they can't fixed this problems because
that it would to expensive..

Is not take very much to understand
where you have a mass multiplayer battle
you need to protect the respawn time

is not take very much to understand where
you have a mass multiplayer battle you
need to protect the strategy area like main base etc etc in order to stop camping in the respawn zone.

is not take very much to understand where you have a mass multiplayer battle you need to setup an active anti cheats and not that PB ****.

is not take very much to understand where you have a mass multiplayer battle you need to have a filter for bad connections in order to keep out the laggers from the main server.

all of this and more stuff for the companies means more coding more time more money so that it would never happen.

THE CODE QUALITY IS NOT INCLUDE IN THE POLICY OF THIS COMPANIES
QUALITY MEANS INVEST MORE MONEY AND RESOURCES AND THAT MEANS THE PRICE OF THE SOFTWARE IT WOULD BECOME TO EXPENSIVE.

are you people ready to pay $180 bucks for purchase a good quality video game?

I don't think so

moral you get what do you pay for..