PDA

View Full Version : Valult & Lag

PepperPucky
05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I have 2 questions:

(1) What is the "vault" I have seen people mention?

(2) Is anyone besides me finding Ae'gura laggy?

PepperPucky
05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I have 2 questions:

(1) What is the "vault" I have seen people mention?

(2) Is anyone besides me finding Ae'gura laggy?

Alahmnat
05-22-2006, 12:26 PM
The Vault is the database in which all of your player data, all of the data about the Ages themselves, and all of the KI photos and messages are stored. It is The Vault http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

And no, you are by far not the only person who has problems with Ae'Gura. The net code for Until Uru is rather unrefined, and the more people you crowd into an Age, the more laggy it gets as the game attempts to keep track of more and more avatars, their individual settings, and what they're all doing, even if you can't see them. Ae'Gura is further hindered by the volume of "kickables" (i.e. cones) in the Age, which the game attempts to track far more often and at a far greater distance than it really ought to, creating additional client lag.

PepperPucky
05-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Laggy it is! Three times I've tried linking to the Nexus using a Nexus Linking Book - each time, after waiting 10 minutes for my avatar to do something, anything, I've had to punt using ctrl-alt-del.

This was a HUGE problem in the Beta! I hope Cyan fixes it with the new Uru game.

As a side note, I found a journey cloth in Aegura last night - the door to the ferry terminal docks was there & locked - and the ferry terminal tunnel-cave had a linking stone. None of these were present when I was in Aegura one week ago.