PDA

View Full Version : Camoudile puzzle

makp
05-27-2006, 12:11 AM
I have played all myst adventures since they began.Ive ot say this puzzle is the wors by far and is turning me off playing the game. Why such a dependence on finicky use of hardware material? Why not intelligent problem solving which is usually a trademark of myst games

I remain stuck on the puzzle even though i have viewed a spoiler vid. I have tried to reset the puzzle and still cannot get the 'monkeys' to do the first move in the video.

I am not a stupid person!! But i need help

makp
05-27-2006, 12:11 AM
I have played all myst adventures since they began.Ive ot say this puzzle is the wors by far and is turning me off playing the game. Why such a dependence on finicky use of hardware material? Why not intelligent problem solving which is usually a trademark of myst games

I remain stuck on the puzzle even though i have viewed a spoiler vid. I have tried to reset the puzzle and still cannot get the 'monkeys' to do the first move in the video.

I am not a stupid person!! But i need help

nanoukmetal
05-27-2006, 01:00 AM
makp, welcome to the forums

After having played around with the monkeys, it is very easy to forget where they are now (new hut) and if you are still using the same sequense they will not respond any more re: wrong signal command. If you decide to go back and replay the puzzle (save) I would suggest you make a save before starting the puzzle and then experiment to get only the first move-signal working and then do the second move experiment. If something goes wrong re-started at the beginning with the save and so on until you get all the right moves. Write down your own kind of walkthrough sequences as you make your way ahead.

Once you are working on a signal you beleive it the right one, do not change signal until you get the right move.

I am pretty certain that other wiser people will be coming over and add their experience to help you on this. BulaRae is the good "moderator Fairy" over here.

If you are really stuck and feel like giving up check this post by BulaRae for a download "magic fix"...click here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/774101533/m/6821046634/r/9321019634#9321019634)

makp
05-27-2006, 01:23 AM
many thanks
I have worked out what was happening. I replayed 1/2 of this land and everything is now working as it should. I didn't change anything so it seem there was just a glitch in the saved program i was using.
Once again Thanks for your help