PDA

View Full Version : So what servers do you guys usually play?

Demon_Mustang
12-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Hey, I know this isn't supposed to be for discussing "the game," but I don't want to ask this in the other forums since it is you guys I'm interested in playing raven-shield with. So, which servers do you guys frequent? Perhaps we should all pick one server that we always play, so every once in a while we run into someone we know?

Furious_Gopher
12-30-2004, 11:48 PM
I usually just game on random servers

I like servers with large groups of people, and I search for the servers with the most # of players, yet witha reasonable ping rate

I rarely play Team Deathmatch nowadays though; It's all about the Co-op http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Forget this ****, there's a force that does not want me to play this game. I have the 1.6 patch, I have the punkbuster option selected, everything is fine, yet, I can't join any servers, they always have one error or the other.

Server did not respond, error connecting, punkbuster kicked due to inadequate o/s privileges, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Forget it! I knew it was the right decision to stop playing this junk, every other game works perfect except for this, it's a sign.

Furious_Gopher
12-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Don't be distracted by the continuious stream of bad luck, Demon!

Take a four leaf clover and stick in on top of your monitor or in the CD case of RvS; Although I don't believe in superstition, you might want to give it a try, that or actually give the game a chance to co-operate and possibly work out for you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Try posting some of your problems in the General Forum on the Tech Help forum; I'm sure they'll be glad to get another player out on the field http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Don't be discouraged with small errors in the game; The whole gaming effect is worth all the effort and time put in to make it run

At least I would hope so in your opinion

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 12:37 AM
The punkbuster problem is because I'm not always using the administrator login and you HAVE to be in administrator in order to play with punkbuster now. I'm on an account with administrator rights, but apparently that's not enough.

So here I go, switching to my administrator account, and trying again, now, when I double click on any game, it'll simply sit at the message "waiting for game to start."

Yet, not a single game would start, I keep exiting that game to the outside lobby, and trying another, same result.

If it's not one thing it's another, this game is simply very poorly designed, if things like this can even happen, even in relatively small numbers, I know I'm not the only one that this is happening to.

And it's not like I don't know what I'm doing either. Most games, you play the game, you select multiplayer, you double click on a game, and you're in, nice and simple, not this whole **** where it changes your monitor resolution about 16 times, then it does 3 separate loads before it even starts to contact the server, completely stupid.

BTW, I disagree that this game is worth ANY effort because I think the game is pretty much garbage anyhow, so the only way I would play it is if it's completely effort free and if it's with friends, otherwise, it's simply not worth it, perhaps I should reinstall Rogue Spear, see if anyone is still playing that...

Furious_Gopher
12-31-2004, 12:44 AM
Well I won't struggle any more to attempt to change your opinion on this game; I suggest you try some more console games; MP2 is always a great way to start off; A brand new great game (Much better than RvS; I'm sure you'll agree)

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 12:56 AM
I'm not about to go console now, although MP2 is cool, I'm a PC gamer mostly and never had any problems even resembling the problems I'm having with Raven-Shield, so I still have tons of choices for PC games.

Hornet57
12-31-2004, 04:03 AM
I play on the ASE server Medal of Honor Spearhead. I removed my Raven shield game after the last time we got together and played I now play rifle only objective match games but I would play RVS with people from this forum again.......it would be fun. After installing the game and the 300 patches it probably needs.

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 04:53 PM
There needs to be a magic patch that just changes everything about the game, that would be nice...

Oh, but keep the ladder sliding feature, that seems to be the only thing that is ok about the game, how sad...

ScrubberManFSJ
12-31-2004, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon_Mustang:
Forget this ****, there's a force that does not want me to play this game. I have the 1.6 patch, I have the punkbuster option selected, everything is fine, yet, I can't join any servers, they always have one error or the other.

Server did not respond, error connecting, punkbuster kicked due to inadequate o/s privileges, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Forget it! I knew it was the right decision to stop playing this junk, every other game works perfect except for this, it's a sign. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever think its the piece of s*** system you have built yourself? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Any chance its your firewall?

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Yah, this piece of **** computer I built for myself probably 2 or more years ago is still playing games like far cry, half life 2, chronicles of rid****, doom 3, etc. etc. All of those games I have all settings on high, except hl2 where i have one thing set on medium, the rest on high. Oh well, I guess my computer can't last forever huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Anyway, I'm not planning on upgrading it until a good chipset is released that supports PCI-E SLI and the AMD 64 processors. Right now the ones that exists or is coming soon aren't really that great.

And I've tried turning off my firewall, although it did help with the "error connecting with server" problems, it didn't fix the punkbuster problem, and switching to the administrator account caused it to not work at all... Either way, I don't see why I need to go through so much trouble to play a game when I can play almost any other online game without ANY of these issues.

savageone
12-31-2004, 06:39 PM
well, to answer ur question, i personally always play in our server- combined warfare adver. or will also play in a couple of friends servers DMM or FTF. just in case u get this pos going and u want to do a little fraggin, come on by, we'd be glad to have u join us.
our little page (http://www.combinedwarfare.com)

N4 link (http://www.thegameserver.com/savage/main.php)

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Honestly, while this game annoys me, the story is completely ******ed, and I truly believe that ubisoft screwed up the Rainbow Six franchise, it still doesn't hurt to have a bit of variety and I wouldn't mind playing it if it was with you guys here on this forum, unfortunately the game REALLY hates me or something, I'll try installing it on adminstrator, see if that works...

savageone
12-31-2004, 07:32 PM
well that stinks demon, ive not had any trouble with the game at all. well, i did have one issue with one of the patches, but other than that, no probs. i had more problems out of sims 2 that i put on one of my other machines for the kids, had to mess with emulation software i had so much, i ended up just takin it out to get the stinkin sims game to work. i really think alot of the install issues have to do with the copyright protection stuff they usein now, at least i know that was the case with the sims game. i also know some of the games dont like to install off of a dvdrw either. so, hope u get it going.

ScrubberManFSJ
12-31-2004, 07:39 PM
I myself am playing on a
1.4gz
512 Ram (cheap generic stuff)
Geforce 4200ti
XP
MSI board with 266 FSB

and I have not had one once of trouble with RVS or any other game.

Sorry, can't help ya.

Gunny Highway
12-31-2004, 07:44 PM
The inadequete admin problem can also be because you have adware on your pc, look at the first 3 QAs:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-rvs.php

As an alternative to log into an admin account you could also use the Run As if you right-click on shortcut to Rvs. You might have to add permissins to the RavenShield installation folder too, not sure though.

Demon_Mustang
12-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Well then, gunny to the rescue, the vx thing worked, now I can play, yipee, ok, so, NOW we are cooking with fire!

Anyway, thanks gunny.

BTW, as I didn't need to switch to administrator, I didn't even need to do the 'run as' function, my account has administrative rights, so it's fine, it was just the vx2 spyware thing, I guess if I had run any of my adware scanners the last few days all of this would have been avoided, lol.

Demon_Mustang
01-03-2005, 11:02 PM
scrub wrote:
"I myself am playing on a
1.4gz
512 Ram (cheap generic stuff)
Geforce 4200ti
XP
MSI board with 266 FSB

and I have not had one once of trouble with RVS or any other game.

Sorry, can't help ya."

Not sure what that has to do with anything, it has nothing to do with my hardware configuration, I can play it single player and it's silky smooth as silk with all settings on high, just like every other game minus one.

Anyway, it's fixed and working perfect now, not even laggy even with two networked computers, one always on the download, just one stupid adware I happened to have, knew I should have run my spyware scanners that week...

GSG_9_Rage
01-04-2005, 06:36 AM
i usually stick on my server. <TEAMGSG9.COM> i am an admin so i make sure everything goes smoothley. we have a good group of regulars, and i think we are quite popular. unfortunatly, because of the closing of wicked servers, we are temporarily down, but well be back. i dont like playing one random servers. i have a few trusted servers like the SAS and the greman gss9 server.

Demon_Mustang
01-05-2005, 03:26 AM
Do you have a link or an ip or something? Also, I hope it isn't Athena Sword since I don't have that, lol.

Trogdor93
01-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I am still playing Rogue Spear, though my Radeon 9700 doesn't like to display the fog in the game.

I have not played online much these days. The last public server I played in was in 2003, and I wasn't disapointed by what I saw. I was called a noob right off the bat (I've been playing R6 series since 1998) for using a handgun in close quarters, told to get a "man's gun" (which category apparently consisted solely of the MP5-PDW). The players were all run and gunners (and whiney ones at that) who couldn't go two seconds without using the f-word. Well, after I was told to get a man's gun I decided to switch teams take out the guy who whined about it and most of those who had previously been my teammates (still using the pistol), after which I left the server and haven't played anything but single player or LAN games since.

But hey, if you're interested you can PM me, at the very least I can get my wife and brother in on a few games as well. In addition to anyone else on the forums who is interested (except, that Scrubbs guy, I don't really need someone to "rain on my parade." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif)

Demon_Mustang
01-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Man, Rogue Spear is great, the graphics is quite ancient now, but still, the gameplay was gold. Also, it is the only game that got the flashbang effect right, so it's funny how the sequel to the game with it done correctly went backward and did it wrong, tsk tsk tsk.

Also, I almost always use pistols, even when other people are using autos, I'm using my sidearm and I still usually win. So if they whine and ***** about me using my sidearm, then too **** bad.