PDA

View Full Version : Professor Layton

tibbsy07
11-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Has anyone played either of the two American releases for the DS? The two games are amazing! I played the first one, Professor Layton and the Curios Village, when it was recommended by a friend. I'm currently playing the Diabolical Box.

I thought that the games were going to be childish and silly. There are times that I feel like I'm playing a kids game, but those times are few and far between. The puzzles can actually be quite tricky. The animation is great, too. The movies within the games are incredibly well done, I'd play the games just to see the animation. The animation during gameplay isn't superb, but the voice acting kind of makes up for it.

I really enjoy puzzle games and mysteries, so this game is right up my alley. If anyone likes those things, I'd highly highly recommend these two games.

Also, on a side note, Hotel Dusk: Room 215 was a great game to play as well. Not super action-packed but really fun.

tibbsy07
11-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Has anyone played either of the two American releases for the DS? The two games are amazing! I played the first one, Professor Layton and the Curios Village, when it was recommended by a friend. I'm currently playing the Diabolical Box.

I thought that the games were going to be childish and silly. There are times that I feel like I'm playing a kids game, but those times are few and far between. The puzzles can actually be quite tricky. The animation is great, too. The movies within the games are incredibly well done, I'd play the games just to see the animation. The animation during gameplay isn't superb, but the voice acting kind of makes up for it.

I really enjoy puzzle games and mysteries, so this game is right up my alley. If anyone likes those things, I'd highly highly recommend these two games.

Also, on a side note, Hotel Dusk: Room 215 was a great game to play as well. Not super action-packed but really fun.

miagi732
11-03-2009, 11:23 AM
you know i had never heard of professor layton and one day my friend told me i had to try it out, i went over to his place and played diabolical box. I was completely blown away at how amazing that game was, side scrolling AND a puzzle game? I gotta say it was fun.

Valkyrie FD
11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I bought this last week, but still haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I heard a lot of great things about it!

tibbsy07
11-03-2009, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valkyrie FD:
I bought this last week, but still haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I heard a lot of great things about it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you played the Curious Village yet? I'd play that one first if you haven't. You don't HAVE to, but it makes the story more enjoyable/understandable I think.

Melonie
11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I bought Curious Village a few months ago and love it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Spanishdan
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Both games are must buys for the ds. No question about it.

sarabellum-86
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Been thinking about getting Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box myself, so when people get to play it let us know more about how awesome they are so I'll be more convinced to spend the moolah.

QuestionMar1988
11-03-2009, 11:33 PM
my girlfriend said she wanted it so i might get it for her birthday coming up in a week.

tibbsy07
11-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Seriously, this game rocks my face off. I loved the first one, and I still think people should play that one first, but just got to a certain part of the Diabolical Box and WOW! It just got really interesting.

Multipathe
11-04-2009, 08:21 AM
I dont have the second one yet but agree these are a must buy for ds owners!!!

Seppuku recommended the first one awhile back and we've been fans since. Diabolical Box will be added to my collection at some point!

Valkyrie FD
11-04-2009, 11:03 AM
aww dang, this means i have to go get the other one now &gt;&lt;

tibbsy07
11-04-2009, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valkyrie FD:
aww dang, this means i have to go get the other one now &gt;&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes you do!