PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Thery Vehicles

xennetwork
06-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Any one got any screenshots about the vehicles? Is there Cars, Motorcycles, Helicopters? and where can i download this on Xbox?

xennetwork
06-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Any one got any screenshots about the vehicles? Is there Cars, Motorcycles, Helicopters? and where can i download this on Xbox?

r3be1
06-11-2005, 03:35 PM
um. there are no Vehicles in SCCT.

XyZspineZyX
06-11-2005, 03:38 PM
One, downloading the game is highly illegal and is subject to banning.
Two, SC is a stealth game... not a GTA gamehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

xennetwork
06-11-2005, 03:42 PM
i didn't download the game, i herd there was gonna be vehicles, and i was wondering were you could download them but i guess that guy was lying

xennetwork
06-11-2005, 03:44 PM
my brother just read in the manual that it says downloaded able content such as vehicles and it lists a whole bunch of other stuff

HardToExist
06-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Vehicles, ha...yea, because everyone knows a chopper is the stealthiest way to infiltrate a compound

rikakiah
06-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Heh. Can't imagine what they could mean by "vehicles". Sam in a vehicle would NEVER work--any vehicle is loud and bulky. Unless you start doing your complete insertion/extractions (pretty boring), there'd be no reason for Sam to use a vehicle.

Now, the badguys can have vehicles. IFV's and the like are already in use in the game. If the levels were bigger, they could have jeeps to load up reinforcements and respond to alarms...

Bottom line: vehicles and additional weapons have been and always will be bad ideas for player options.

XyZspineZyX
06-11-2005, 03:50 PM
The vehicles comment under DLC is just the standard line for all XBOX LIVE DLC games.

SHNAG
06-11-2005, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HardToExist:
Vehicles, ha...yea, because everyone knows a chopper is the stealthiest way to infiltrate a compound </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it is, there are choppers now so quiet you could hover above a compund,drop a guy off, and fly away with out the enimie hearing a thing.

xennetwork
06-11-2005, 05:09 PM
oh yeah, oh and i wonder who has the kind of technogly, oh yeah thats right the goverment.

HardToExist
06-11-2005, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SHNAG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HardToExist:
Vehicles, ha...yea, because everyone knows a chopper is the stealthiest way to infiltrate a compound </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it is, there are choppers now so quiet you could hover above a compund,drop a guy off, and fly away with out the enimie hearing a thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats, you just missed the whole point of SC

black ops freak
06-11-2005, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SHNAG:

Actually it is, there are choppers now so quiet you could hover above a compund,drop a guy off, and fly away with out the enimie hearing a thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats, you just missed the whole point of SC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>?????? Having a stealthy insertion and extraction is just as important as the mission itself. All the dude is saying is that we have the tech. to do that. chill out.

pdogsniper
06-11-2005, 06:49 PM
The first time i heard Sam had a 20mm that could go through a vehicle's engine block, i thought maybe enemies were going to be driving, and maybe Sam could disable it. explosively. man, was i disappointed with only blowing up the UAV's. That would be the only thing i would want for vehicles, not drive them. (but also have the choice not to blow them up. cause that's not the point of SC)

Tripp_0
06-11-2005, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sam in a vehicle would NEVER work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've obviously not read the book. Sam drives several vehicles to get to and from certain places . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rikakiah
06-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Actually, no...I haven't read the book. My brother has it, though and it's on my list.

Sam uses vehicles in the game as well--just before he gets into the actual meat of the mission. I doubt there's many places within an actual area that he would have use of a vehicle. Especially in a game--your levels are only so big. There's no mission in any of the SC games in which a vehicle would've been anything but detrimental. That's my point: in-mission vehicles for Sam would never work within the confines of a game level.

Myth2k7
06-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Too many complexities in all your posts.

Lets keep it short and sweet.

Go play halo 2.

BiG_FaT_SpErM
06-12-2005, 07:56 AM
The only vehicles that will be in splinter cell are ones for insertion and extraction e.g. helicotper, zodiac etc

Captain_123
06-12-2005, 07:33 PM

I would very much like to know where u got ur information. I find it highly unlikely that the human race has found an alternate source of fuel. gas explodes therefore creating sound. unless they managed to put a sound prove room around the engine (highly unlikely because of the size)that was just a waste of reading time.

r3be1
06-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Well, since we are talking about the book,

I didn't like the book at all, the book had the WORST story line i have ever read. Terrible, and cheesy, two words that describe that book. The bad guys are called 'the shadows' how corny is THAT? And Sams daugther geting kidnaped by the bad guys? what a surprizing plot twist that is! /sarcasm.

gaah, i wasted my money.

I like the games though :-)

deathreaper6696
06-12-2005, 09:38 PM
go carts are quite....you fly through the level with a silent go-cart and enemies will be like "it was a ghost!" and you can run people over and knock them unconsious... then your cart can have like lasers and guns to mow people down... that would be sweet...

deathreaper6696
06-12-2005, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">zodiac </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

zodiac? they didnt use a "zodiac" in splinter cell. They used the "off-spree" (i dont know how to spell it). I've actually seen it in real life in Texas doing tests. Its pretty sweet.

rikakiah
06-12-2005, 10:12 PM
A Zodiac is basically a small inflatable raft. I believe it is radar absorbant, but not sure. It's most notable use is with the SEALs (ie http://www.airsoft.cz/Images/seal/seal5.jpg ). In Chaos Theory, it was used for insertion to the Lighthouse mission (not sure if it was used anywhere else). A helicopter was notably used for extraction from the Seoul mission. The Osprey has been Sam's most often used insertion and transport craft (pretty much a forward base, even) in the first two games, but was seemingly absent in CT.

As to go-karts being quiet...yeah...in comparison to a jeep or truck, perhaps--still not capable of slipping through an abandoned warehouse full of terrorists. There are also "quiet" helicopters. They're quiet enough to be masked by most sounds from a distance, but if one's hovering 100ft above you, you're gonna notice. Of course, even if you're deaf, you're probably gonna feel the downdraft...

There's "quiet" and "silent". Vehicles are quiet. Unless you have a link to something I don't know about, I don't know of any vehicle that is silent (at least none that would be practical for manned use).

deathreaper6696
06-12-2005, 10:41 PM
i wasnt being serious about the ghost carts... I noticed the "zodiac" on the light house...to me it looks like a raft... the helicopter etraction only happened once though...it was in a middle of a war and I doubt they would send the osprey in a war area because of its lack of armor. Helicopters would be the best for the mission... Ubi really though that part out...

rikakiah
06-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, that's really all a zodiak is. It's got a motor on it, but it is basically just a raft.

And that's really one thing that was a minor disappointment with CT. Previous ones had more intro/outro videos showing Sam actually getting to his objective--most of the time in CT, you really don't know. Sam most likely uses a Zodiak for his insertion to the Cargo Ship as well. It says he's dropped in the water ahead of the vessel, but no one's gonna tread water and wait to get sucked under a huge ship--a zodiak would allow him to manuever safely into position to board the ship. Although, you'd think he could find a tie point to secure it, and simply return instead of having to use the ship's lifeboat, but perhaps that wouldn't work... Other than that, though, I can't recall other insertion/extraction details.

stealthmaster736
06-14-2005, 09:10 AM
There are occasionally cars in every SC game.But you can't interact with them.The only time Sam got in a vehicle was when he was trying to get into LAX.Because he had to get into that truck(he didn't have to).

BiG_FaT_SpErM
06-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah but even then you couldnt move they should of made it so could move around maybe even fall off the back, take some damage but be able to explore more

SaltyxBadxBoy
06-14-2005, 10:18 AM
HAHAHAHA vehicles!!! o man

stealthmaster736
06-14-2005, 11:00 AM
On the Hokkaido level I got into a fire fight in the first courtyard, a guard opened up a car door and took cover behind it...just felt like mentioning it.There are also tanks in CT...although I don't know if you could call a tank a vehicle.I consider it a weapon.

Project-Mayhem
06-14-2005, 02:43 PM
i can't believe their were this many replies for a vehicles on sc post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

sam_fisher091
06-14-2005, 07:08 PM
i agree with mayhem. two pages? for vehicle posts? it makes no sense.