PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Lockup and/or CTD

Doolittle81
11-13-2007, 12:42 PM
SH4 has run perfectly with fantastic graphics for the past 4-5 weeks since purchase/installation...and with all current ROW mods installed. I do NOT have TM installed.

A few days ago, I installed RSRD along with the latest update-versions of some ROW Mods. I have now had in those few days about three SH4 lock-ups requiring me to shut down SH4. There is no pattern of activity leading to the lockups...sometimes it is a quiet day or a simple one-on-one torpedo attack, but has not yet happened in midst of a major surface naval battle with extreme activity. It has happened early in a patrol and also many 'weeks' into a patrol. I can't see a pattern of certain commands or actions by me.

I think it might be due to my having only 2Gb RAM, because on at least one occasion I got a weird message referencing some max'ing out of Memory. I have VISTA which does eat up a LOT of RAM, sometimes pushing a Gb.

Anyone else having such lock-ups/CTD's? Could it be related to RSRD specifically??

My Rig:
Dual core E6700
Cpu 2GB OCZ PC2 8800(1100Mhz) RAM
BFG 8800GTX Graphics card
Audigy2 ZS
Windows VISTA 32bit

Doolittle81
11-13-2007, 12:42 PM
SH4 has run perfectly with fantastic graphics for the past 4-5 weeks since purchase/installation...and with all current ROW mods installed. I do NOT have TM installed.

A few days ago, I installed RSRD along with the latest update-versions of some ROW Mods. I have now had in those few days about three SH4 lock-ups requiring me to shut down SH4. There is no pattern of activity leading to the lockups...sometimes it is a quiet day or a simple one-on-one torpedo attack, but has not yet happened in midst of a major surface naval battle with extreme activity. It has happened early in a patrol and also many 'weeks' into a patrol. I can't see a pattern of certain commands or actions by me.

I think it might be due to my having only 2Gb RAM, because on at least one occasion I got a weird message referencing some max'ing out of Memory. I have VISTA which does eat up a LOT of RAM, sometimes pushing a Gb.

Anyone else having such lock-ups/CTD's? Could it be related to RSRD specifically??

My Rig:
Dual core E6700
Audigy2 ZS
Windows VISTA 32bit

Liddabit
11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I used to have a crash problem, mostly blue screens and crash to desktop.. then I realized I didn't have the CD in XD oops!

Maybe you forgot after swapping out like I did?

Other then that I'm not sure about the memory, I have 3 gigs in XP and it runs like a dream with all settings on. Runs better than SH3 actually.

tambor198
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doolittle81:

My Rig:
Dual core E6700
Audigy2 ZS
Windows VISTA 32bit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our computers are very similar to another the only differences being that my memory is G.Skill PC2-6400 and I have an X-Fi sound card. Can't tell you if the RSRD is the problem as I have not played with it much yet. I had something happen with the ROW mod that was causing me trouble, specifically the Hi-Rez Sea Foam part. It was causing me all kinds of grief very similar to the problems you mention, I replace it with the Classic Sra Foam version and have had smooth sailing ever since. If you happen to have the Hi=Rez Sea Foam installed try replacing it with one of the other parts of the mod and see if that improves things for you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

OH yeah, almost forgot. Just curious, what motherboard are you using?

Doolittle81
11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tambor198:
...OH yeah, almost forgot. Just curious, what motherboard are you using? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm using an ASUS P5N32-E SLI, 680i Motherboard, which gives me the future upgradability as shown below:

Dual core E6700 Cpu (Mobo upgradeable to Quad-Core)
2GB OCZ PC2 8800 (1100Mhz) RAM (Mobo upgradeable to 4Gb)
BFG 8800GTX Graphics card (Mobo upgradable to two 8800 cards in SLI configuration...or 1 or 2 newer cards if necessary)

Doolittle81
11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tambor198:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doolittle81:

My Rig:
Dual core E6700
Audigy2 ZS
Windows VISTA 32bit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had something happen with the ROW mod that was causing me trouble, specifically the Hi-Rez Sea Foam part. It was causing me all kinds of grief very similar to the problems you mention, I replace it with the Classic Sea Foam version and have had smooth sailing ever since. If you happen to have the Hi=Rez Sea Foam installed try replacing it with one of the other parts of the mod and see if that improves things for you. ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thnaks for teh suggestion. I was using HiRes sea form mod. I uninstalled and have now installed the newest "ROW SeaFoam from Jakebox" to see what happens.

tambor198
11-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Good luck to you, hope it works for you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif