PDA

View Full Version : PC and Xbox Screenshot

Violins77
01-05-2005, 01:07 PM
I cheked the screenshot section on the SCCT website and and the PC and Xbox section has exactly the same screenshot... I don't know wich of the two version this is but if this is the Xbox, it's amazing because this mean the game will look even better than that on PC, but if it's the PC version, some Xbox owner will be dissapointed since Xbox won't take advantage of the new pixelshader, vertexshater Direct X 9.1 effect... I think Ubi should really do a separate section for the screenshot on Xbox and PC because the difference on the 2 version will be major as said by the Ubi ceo in a PC gamer interview.

Violins77
01-05-2005, 01:07 PM
I cheked the screenshot section on the SCCT website and and the PC and Xbox section has exactly the same screenshot... I don't know wich of the two version this is but if this is the Xbox, it's amazing because this mean the game will look even better than that on PC, but if it's the PC version, some Xbox owner will be dissapointed since Xbox won't take advantage of the new pixelshader, vertexshater Direct X 9.1 effect... I think Ubi should really do a separate section for the screenshot on Xbox and PC because the difference on the 2 version will be major as said by the Ubi ceo in a PC gamer interview.

Terrax213
01-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the ever so useful information, but I'm not gonna be disappointed that my Xbox version of CT won't take advantage of the XL deluxe super-hyperion DXSEYREW549000 ultra-lucidatory pixelshader, which ultimately has no bearing on how great the gameplay will be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Omega_224
01-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Hee, hee, hee...

Violins77
01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry I did'nt mean to insult anyone here, but if gfx is not your thing you obviously don't care about that and your post here is useless,

I'm just saying that it's not really honest to put PC direct x 9.1 1600*1200 screenshot and claiming that the Xbox version will look like that.

On the other hand, it's not really great either to put Xbox 640*480 screenshot in the PC section and dissapoint GFX addict (like me.

Jason-Alaska
01-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I for one always like to see both PC and Xbox screens so I can look at the Xbox pix and say "See that.. That 1600x1200 4xFSAA right there! That is why I play games on a PC!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

C.A.T.ops
01-05-2005, 02:51 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif PC owns.

S-n-A-k-E1
01-05-2005, 08:27 PM
hell yeah not trying to start a console war here but PC have some adventages over consoles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Omega_224
01-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Yes, true. It does have some advantages, but with XBOX you don't have to keep buying upgrades and stuff just so that it runs decently. Like Snake said, not trying to start a war...

pretend3r
01-06-2005, 01:07 AM
they are the same screens period... just as probably PS2 and GC with get the same screenies, there just lazy...

Violins77
01-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Yes they are... EA used to do the same thing with NFSU2 and when I bought the game in november, the game looked 10 times better than the screenshot I've seen.

The_Hazard
01-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Personally, i'm going to buy the game for my Xbox, simply because i want it to run smoothly and having the comfort to play it, without having to leave my bed. Oh yeah, the big-screen tv also holds my preference over my small-a ss monitor.

Violins77
01-06-2005, 11:46 AM
I think you probably don't have a PC fast enough to see the difference sine the gme WILL play a lot more smoother on high end PC (let's say 60 FPS). And since I've got my own PC I can hook it to my TV screen and play with my wireless KB and mouse but I agree that it cost me more than a Xbox and that you need to get some PC knowlege before doing that. Gaming is my favorite hobby so I don't care if it cost me more to afford the bleeding edge technology... I'd buy a Xbox only if I can't afford better.