PDA

View Full Version : Boosting

smith5570eng
06-25-2006, 06:45 AM
hi all i would like to ask ubisoft to reset the leaderboards, i am a 10, i worked hard to get a 10 and just recently i have been accused of something called boosting. i think that ubi need to fix this problem as a number of high ranks are not actually good, they leave the console playing its self all day in a rank match to get their score up. i would like to know that i am a rank xx and not questioned or labled a cheat. if they reset the board and fix the problem we could see howmany 25 wont make it back! post here with your views,

smith5570eng
06-25-2006, 06:45 AM
hi all i would like to ask ubisoft to reset the leaderboards, i am a 10, i worked hard to get a 10 and just recently i have been accused of something called boosting. i think that ubi need to fix this problem as a number of high ranks are not actually good, they leave the console playing its self all day in a rank match to get their score up. i would like to know that i am a rank xx and not questioned or labled a cheat. if they reset the board and fix the problem we could see howmany 25 wont make it back! post here with your views,

Choke_A_Smurf
06-25-2006, 08:33 AM
I think they need to redo the whole ranking part of the game alltogether. If you beat the host you get kicked. If you don't you stay in so he can beat you again and get some more rank.

Evil Crouton
06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Ubisoft can't really do too much about boosting until Microsoft stops giving out multiple free months of Live. As long as people can create multiple accounts for free and use them to boost their primary tag, the problem will continue.

In themeantime, enjoy the free bonus rank you get from killing people whose skill doesn't match their rank.

smith5570eng
06-26-2006, 02:03 AM
i think you hit the nail on the head with the free 1 mnth trials of live, stop that and stop the cheats.

orbitalreef
06-26-2006, 06:27 AM
mate i can see your point there! but what has it achived??? i played against two guys last nite ranked at 22 and they were **** it was easy to see they had boosted there ranks with a seperate account, it doesnt make them any better at playing!! im ranked at 4 btw

smith5570eng
06-26-2006, 07:28 AM
not saying it does make them better, i'm simply saying that i worked for my 10. few times now i've been accused of boosting so if there was no way to boost i wouldn't be labled a cheat, i'm quite willing for them to reset the board as i've no dought of getting my 10 back, and with more respect.

SirWhupalot
07-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Q: What's Smith's favourite choccy bar?

A: Cadbury's Boost Bar! LOL

Slappy1980
07-12-2006, 03:15 PM
i dont think its fair for ubi to be playing with anyones rank as the player has earned it and if ubi resets it i would be <span class="ev_code_RED">*edit*</span> off. All though i dont play the game so i dont care but all the same.

DONT screw with others ranks.. Just not fair. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SPQR Radical
07-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Id rather go back to a 1 and at least have a chance at getting the leaderboard achievements rather than sit here a watch level 20s talk trash about their "ubber 1337 rankzors"

SirWhupalot
07-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah but surely the boosters would just boost their ranks up again. It's gonna be a lot harder for the genuine high-rankers (if there are any?)to get their ranks back up than it is for the boosters. Surely it's not gonna be too much hassle for the boosters to just let their primary account play siege against their 1 month account for a few weeks to get back up again.

SPQR Radical
07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
If you take the ability to play more than one ranked game per room away and not allowing guests to play in ranked rooms it would stop ALOT of boosting.

eclipsed4utoo
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Semaj1_865:
If you take the ability to play more than one ranked game per room away and not allowing guests to play in ranked rooms it would stop ALOT of boosting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

guest can't play in ranked rooms.

h.g.willetts
07-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I assume he/she means split screens, not 'guests' per se

SPQR Radical
07-13-2006, 04:54 PM
You can use a second account and split screen in ranked games.

Choke_A_Smurf
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eclipsed4utoo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Semaj1_865:
If you take the ability to play more than one ranked game per room away and not allowing guests to play in ranked rooms it would stop ALOT of boosting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

guest can't play in ranked rooms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes they can.

h.g.willetts
07-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Guests can NOT play in ranked rooms.

To get 2+ people into a ranked room you need 2 seperate Xbox live profiles (as in under different names).

I see Semajs point though. By not allowing 2 people into a ranked room on the same console a-la-PGR3, you would eliminate almost all boosting.

wai3
07-15-2006, 03:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirWhupalot:

A: Cadbury's Boost Bar! LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Chrisv1
07-16-2006, 04:31 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/6...381038854#6381038854 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/6381038854/r/6381038854#6381038854)

Nastrodamous
07-16-2006, 11:17 PM
yes earlier today i was playing a team of 22s etc

sad to say my team was raping them then after we won they said we all sucked and booted us

eclipsed4utoo
07-17-2006, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choke_A_Smurf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eclipsed4utoo:

guest can't play in ranked rooms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes they can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

guests cannot. but two different Live accounts on the same screen can.

tymerones0081
07-18-2006, 10:47 PM
They def should make it so you cannot play ranked game on split screen with 2 different accounts, or atleast make it so they have to be on the same team always, I see that to be the only way to somewhat stop boosters. The only way they would get around that is buying another 360 and another graw. Witch in that case is very sad an they should be allowed to boost due to there sad life.
But resetting the leadersboards would not do any good. I think more people would boost if they reset it cause it would be alot faster to get up 2 a level 25, And host should not be allowed to kick you from a game. It should come up as a vote with all the players like they do in battlefield. Cause i myself have played a beaten level 25's but they just kick me so i get nothing out of it.

SPQR Radical
07-19-2006, 03:28 AM
I agree on everything but the team vote to eject people. Hosts should always have control over their own rooms.

Besides, a rotton clan could go around taking over rooms whenever they wanted to.

smith5570eng
07-19-2006, 07:23 AM
quote.
SirWhupalot Posted Tue July 11 2006 07:22

A: Cadbury's Boost Bar! LOL

this is why i would like to get rid of boosting. to show the people like sirwhupalot here that some of us high ranks are not boosting and have worked to get a high rank!!!

SpecOps527
07-23-2006, 05:40 PM
i am a 7 and played with my friend a 6 against a 25 and beat him, he quit when we were beating him by 13..unlucky number for him I guess.hahaha

eclipsed4utoo
07-24-2006, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpecOps527:
i am a 7 and played with my friend a 6 against a 25 and beat him, he quit when we were beating him by 13..unlucky number for him I guess.hahaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you were playing two-on-one?

SirWhupalot
07-26-2006, 04:11 AM
Admit it Smith sonny! You're just annoyed cos the genuine Rank 10's have now had the time to catch you up on the leaderboard. LOL!

smith5570eng
07-29-2006, 10:24 AM
i must say woopylittle. do you actually have an xbox 360 or do you just read the forums and dream!!! lol! seems to me that your a bit sad. i think that you need a girl! oh sorry...i mean boy!?

SpecOps527
07-29-2006, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpecOps527:
i am a 7 and played with my friend a 6 against a 25 and beat him, he quit when we were beating him by 13..unlucky number for him I guess.hahaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you were playing two-on-one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea i was playing two on one...but he asked us if we wanted to do it and we did and he quit when it was 13-0...we didn't spawn camp either, we laughed so hard at the fact that he probably went down to at LEAST a 24 after that match...lol