PDA

View Full Version : More assassin feel [idea]

daniel_gervide
06-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Well, the thing that most of ppl hated from Ac1 was the "alternate" missions which was what gave you the informationg about your target and what the most ppl hated from Ac2 was the "too linear" missions...

I won't talk about AcB cuz his story was really weird, i loved it but it didn't fit Assassin's Creed that well...

The problem of Ac1 was the lack of interetion with other characters which was fixed in Ac2... at Ac1 you are an assassin that must do anything alone, you have your mentor that tells you to kill 9 guys and you talk with 3 rafiks that tell you where to get the information...

The problem of Ac2 was the lack of investigation missions... When you talk with a guy, he just tells you everything and you don't need to investigate, i will use the exemple of Antonio's Mission to kill Emilio Barbarigo....
You met Antonio, he tells you to help him to get his trops ready and than he tells you the plan and you execute it...

My idea is making you have to investigate, than you tell your information to antonio and than you 2 together make a plan... To investigate some missions from Ac1 could be back and they could make new missions...

Also, depending on the investigations you have made, there would pop-up a mission or another, the most investigations you do the easier the Assassinating Missiong would be cuz you would prepare better for the battle...

daniel_gervide
06-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Well, the thing that most of ppl hated from Ac1 was the "alternate" missions which was what gave you the informationg about your target and what the most ppl hated from Ac2 was the "too linear" missions...

I won't talk about AcB cuz his story was really weird, i loved it but it didn't fit Assassin's Creed that well...

The problem of Ac1 was the lack of interetion with other characters which was fixed in Ac2... at Ac1 you are an assassin that must do anything alone, you have your mentor that tells you to kill 9 guys and you talk with 3 rafiks that tell you where to get the information...

The problem of Ac2 was the lack of investigation missions... When you talk with a guy, he just tells you everything and you don't need to investigate, i will use the exemple of Antonio's Mission to kill Emilio Barbarigo....
You met Antonio, he tells you to help him to get his trops ready and than he tells you the plan and you execute it...

My idea is making you have to investigate, than you tell your information to antonio and than you 2 together make a plan... To investigate some missions from Ac1 could be back and they could make new missions...

Also, depending on the investigations you have made, there would pop-up a mission or another, the most investigations you do the easier the Assassinating Missiong would be cuz you would prepare better for the battle...

lukaszep
06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Agreed. I hope they do this for Revelations, but if they haven't already than hopefully AC3.
Anyway, i've missed investigating, it's the one little thing AC needs back. Speaking of planning the mission, maybe they could introduce a feature where you can decide how you are going to go about the mission, e.g. you select rooftop and a group of thieves are waiting for you on the roof outside the mission, and guide you to an ideal point to execute the assassination.

daniel_gervide
06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
Agreed. I hope they do this for Revelations, but if they haven't already than hopefully AC3.
Anyway, i've missed investigating, it's the one little thing AC needs back. Speaking of planning the mission, maybe they could introduce a feature where you can decide how you are going to go about the mission, e.g. you select rooftop and a group of thieves are waiting for you on the roof outside the mission, and guide you to an ideal point to execute the assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more investigations you do the more choses you have xD would be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mic_92
06-08-2011, 10:46 AM
You do realize that in AC1 Altair's investigations mostly consisted of listening in on the people who actually did the investigations, stealing other people's investigation reports or doing a favor for assassins so they report their own investigations to you.

Altair never really scouted any area to see where the guards are for himself, for example.
Instead of just being told everything by one guy, he just went and stole it from others.

Still, I see how you'd prefer to be more involved in your target's information gathering, it feels more dynamic this way.

thekyle0
06-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Why not just try to have both? (Investigations and linear missions) You could have the investigations spread around the environment as optional missions to collect more information on the target but you still need to complete the linear missions to drive the narrative forward. It's almost like you can have your cake and eat it too, but without puking it back up.

PhiIs1618033
06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
You do realize that in AC1 Altair's investigations mostly consisted of listening in on the people who actually did the investigations, stealing other people's investigation reports or doing a favor for assassins so they report their own investigations to you.

Altair never really scouted any area to see where the guards are for himself, for example.
Instead of just being told everything by one guy, he just went and stole it from others.

Still, I see how you'd prefer to be more involved in your target's information gathering, it feels more dynamic this way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I always check edout the place beforehand, after I had found out where my target is located. With that and the information gathered I made a decision.
(Now I know the assassinations really well, so there's no real need to check the place out anymore.)

lukaszep
06-08-2011, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
Anyway, i've missed investigating, it's the one little thing AC needs back. Speaking of planning the mission, maybe they could introduce a feature where you can decide how you are going to go about the mission, e.g. you select rooftop and a group of thieves are waiting for you on the roof outside the mission, and guide you to an ideal point to execute the assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more investigations you do the more choses you have xD would be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...I think we're on to something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif haha. So you mean, if you find out more information, you have more additional options in carrying out the mission as you would if you went straight in there and fought your way through guards. (All of this of course without restricting the open environment).