PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Tomorrow Vista Crash!

Megatron33
07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello Everybody!

When I start Pandora Tomorrow Singleplayer, I see the intro scene, I get to the Main Menu, create a profile, I click Start Game, then the loading screen shows up, but then suddenly my game crashes to my deskup with the message, "splintercell2.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

This is so weird, because the game ran perfectly on my computer that has Windows XP, but I wont work on my Vista. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Any help is very appreciated!

Megatron33
07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello Everybody!

When I start Pandora Tomorrow Singleplayer, I see the intro scene, I get to the Main Menu, create a profile, I click Start Game, then the loading screen shows up, but then suddenly my game crashes to my deskup with the message, "splintercell2.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

This is so weird, because the game ran perfectly on my computer that has Windows XP, but I wont work on my Vista. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Any help is very appreciated!

cat662007
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
you may have to adjust your screen size,eg my monitor is 1680*1850 but i run the game at a lessor res try reinstalling it but dont install directx,do a custom install and leave out all the extras, in the end it is probably not worth it you lose most of the light, particle and shadow effects which is no problem iff you have played it before but their is nowhere obvious to hide,without the beutifull efects you get on XP.

mindgames57
07-21-2008, 09:11 PM
I was having the same problem with Pandora Tomorrow crashing on Vista when I selected single player on menu, I also had a problem installing another game called "No one lives forever2". I tried everything and finally resigned that I wasn't going to get these games to work on my system. Lately I have been having some problems with my computer so I decided that I needed to do a clean re-install of Vista, I also installed all the latest updates. I also decided to try one last time to see if Pandora Tomorrow would work, and guess what! I was able to run it without crashing, I was also able to install "No one lives forever2" and play that game, go figure. So for whatever reason by re-installing Vista I got those games to work.