PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Innovation

daniel_gervide
05-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi, some years ago i had this idea for CoD and Battlefield however never went to the forum to explain it... The idea is to make Assassin's Creed normal without multiplayer and than another Assassin's Creed with the Sufix Online (Assassin's Creed: Online) each version of Assassin's Creed SP ubisoft would release a "patch" for Assassin's Creed: Online that would work like a DLC (you buy and instal it) however this DLC would change only some characters and maps (AC:B -> ACR, in my idea AC:O -> AC:O v2) and in anothers DLC would come with new engines (AC:R -> AC3, in my idea AC:O v2 -> AC:O v3)...
Each version would add like 10 levels (ac:B until 50levels and than you start ac:R, or AC:O v2 thought my idea, on the level you was on Ac:B, in my case 50, and you have 60 levels max)

The single player would cost 10 less or anything like that and the multplayer DLC would cost 10 and have the last Version of the game (if you want Ac:O v5 and you have got Ac:O v1 you would have to pay 40)... For PC it would be easy to do thought Steam however for Play3 and Xbox it would be harder cuz if there is an engine change the DLC would require much space from hard disk...

For those who only want AC for singleplayer (like me) would have the game a bit cheaper and for those who want the game for MP (like some friends i've got) would have the game MUCH cheaper and wouldn't lose everything each new release...

sackboy411
05-25-2011, 12:10 PM
That's just silly. The single player game would never cost any less. AC2 was just single player and it cost the same as ACB, but then we had a whole multiplayer side to that, as well as the pretty massive single player.

I really don't see why people complain about having multiplayer. You're not being forced to play it. And it's not really an inconvenience to you. If you don't like it ignore it.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
That's just silly. The single player game would never cost any less. AC2 was just single player and it cost the same as ACB, but then we had a whole multiplayer side to that, as well as the pretty massive single player.

I really don't see why people complain about having multiplayer. You're not being forced to play it. And it's not really an inconvenience to you. If you don't like it ignore it.
Agreed.

The multiplayer is actually good, it's just finding a game that's the hard part.

sackboy411
05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

Agreed.

The multiplayer is actually good, it's just finding a game that's the hard part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

It's a good thing we're paying more. They use that money for some better matchmaking severs.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

daniel_gervide
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM

I don't have the physic copy of the game so i need to have the MP to play the SP and it take times to download...

Thought my way i wouldn't need to have the SP instaled to play the MP and viceversa and that's really a convenience...

Forgot that this is the console forum and u have everything thought CD's (Past ways for past gen consoles)...

sackboy411
05-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

I don't have the physic copy of the game so i need to have the MP to play the SP and it take times to download...

Thought my way i wouldn't need to have the SP instaled to play the MP and viceversa and that's really a convenience...

Forgot that this is the console forum and u have everything thought CD's (Past ways for past gen consoles)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A: I wouldn't bother starting a console war. They're childish.
B: There are plenty of PC users here.
C: Your idea sucks.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Agreed.

The multiplayer is actually good, it's just finding a game that's the hard part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

It's a good thing we're paying more. They use that money for some better matchmaking severs.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ACR should definetly have better servers. ACB's servers may not have got that much attention because they probably weren't expecting its success.

They probably won't make the same mistake this time round if that was the case.

Grygier
05-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I've been thinking of something like this as well...

there are people that demand more single player and others like me who want more multiplayer and the problem is that they are both on the same disk. Imagine the focus they could give if the single and muiltplayer were separated individually.

In the final chapter of Assassin's creed i would like them to do this make Assassin's creed Online that explores all content from previous games, larger player base, 24 players support wanted/free for all... 12 vs 12 manhunt! =P

More sophisticated Character creations, ability customization and perk customization.

for example if you had more perk slots and combining certain perks together gives you set bonuses to your play style...

because you invested so much into stealth you are now rewarded with a passive ability to become invisible/desynchronized for a few seconds after a kill.. finally you can screw over those cherry pickers =P

daniel_gervide
05-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by grygier:
I've been thinking of something like this as well...

there are people that demand more single player and others like me who want more multiplayer and the problem is that they are both on the same disk. Imagine the focus they could give if the single and muiltplayer were separated individually.

In the final chapter of Assassin's creed i would like them to do this make Assassin's creed Online that explores all content from previous games, larger player base, 24 players support wanted/free for all... 12 vs 12 manhunt! =P

More sophisticated Character creations, ability customization and perk customization.

for example if you had more perk slots and combining certain perks together gives you set bonuses to your play style...

because you invested so much into stealth you are now rewarded with a passive ability to become invisible/desynchronized for a few seconds after a kill.. finally you can screw over those cherry pickers =P

if you like the idea vote for Yes...

sackboy411
05-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Separating them leads to separating the dev team, which leads to inconsistencies.

daniel_gervide
05-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Separating them leads to separating the dev team, which leads to inconsistencies.

Err... leads to a better mutilplayer and the same single player... and the single player would have a co-op mode (which wouldn't be present in the multiplayer)...

ShaneO7K
05-27-2011, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Err... leads to a better mutilplayer and the same single player... and the single player would have a co-op mode (which wouldn't be present in the multiplayer)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Things are working fine as they are now, all they really need to do is work on their servers.

Removing people from the singleplayer team to work on multiplayer is definetly a bad idea.

And Ubisoft have said themselves that Co-Op will not be in AC unless it fits with the story which at the minute there is no way it would. And multiplayer is already a part of the story.

daniel_gervide
05-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Err... leads to a better mutilplayer and the same single player... and the single player would have a co-op mode (which wouldn't be present in the multiplayer)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Things are working fine as they are now, all they really need to do is work on their servers.

Removing people from the singleplayer team to work on multiplayer is definetly a bad idea.

And Ubisoft have said themselves that Co-Op will not be in AC unless it fits with the story which at the minute there is no way it would. And multiplayer is already a part of the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you know they have no servers? the game is p2p like Cod:mw2... the problem is that there isn't many players arround you and that's why you lag... making only MP it would be cheaper and would attrack more only MP players...