PDA

View Full Version : RVS 1.6 Patch and Shutdown/Crashes

SD_Rorman
10-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Total of 7 complete shutdown crashes to report after installing the 1.6 patch, no firewall installed or running.

SD_Rorman
10-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Total of 7 complete shutdown crashes to report after installing the 1.6 patch, no firewall installed or running.

Ofcr_Lawless
10-26-2004, 02:53 PM
And your error is?.................

Rapid-IA
10-26-2004, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ofcr_Lawless:
And your error is?................. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i think his game shuts down/crashes

you know, it shuts down.

or it crashes.

KrazyKevin
10-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I posted a civil post already. Now I can be an a**. Lawless, what kind of question is that? I understood perfectly as did Rorman and Rapid. His game shutsdown and crashes. Seems obvious. You're just being a smart***. Its people like you who try to run off the last remaining people that are trying to play the game but can't because a software company doesn't know how to write code!

BMFD
10-26-2004, 07:52 PM
maybe he was askin is there an error and if so it is?

everytime mine has shutdown and crashed i get an error along with it.

KrazyKevin
10-26-2004, 07:57 PM
If that was the case you ask "Are you getting an error when it shuts down?" Not, "And your error is............"

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2004, 08:00 PM
lets stop the flaming as it isn't going to help anyone. Is there an error message or no? I was getting it where it would randomly reboot my pc, but it would then tell me when it came back up that my vid drivers were bad.

SD_Rorman
10-26-2004, 08:17 PM
ok problem fixed .....
It was the nvidia 66.81 drivers, gone back to 61.77 and all seems ok now.

Thanks to all concerned.

SD_Rorman
10-26-2004, 08:19 PM
oh ... and zone alarm running in backgound beautifully.

KrazyKevin
10-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Thats good to hear Rorman

Embrace._
10-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Im getting random restarts too. PC gives no warning and just reboots. Then when windows starts up again i get no error message at all.

Any way to fix this???? Its getting me really angry now. Already almost broke ma keyboard cos of it.

Ofcr_Lawless
10-27-2004, 09:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KrazyKevin:
I posted a civil post already. Now I can be an a**. Lawless, what kind of question is that? I understood perfectly as did Rorman and Rapid. His game shutsdown and crashes. Seems obvious. You're just being a smart***. Its people like you who try to run off the last remaining people that are trying to play the game but can't because a software company doesn't know how to write code! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kevin, you don't know who I am.
Let me fill you in.
I don't work for UBI, I spend a very good part of my day trying to help people fix their computers (not the game) so they can play the game. Almost every problems starts with...UBI sucks, I can't get my game to run and it does this and that and blah blah blah.
Gunny and I along with alot of other gmaers come to these forums EVERY day. We arn't here only in fair weather or when a new patch info is posted. EVERY day. I may not always have the answer, in fact most of the time it is Gunny the magician, that cures the computer problems of our fellow gamers. I tend to point the way to info I find here and there to those needing it.
Yup, got a chip on my shoulder at times because, AND THIS IS A FACT, the majority of all problems we face with this game is caused by drivers, rig setups, ISP connections, viruses, spyware, and other various issues.
We have found fixes and or workarounds to most of the problems faced. Everyone wants to blame UBI and the game for everything. Hell yes this game does have some issues and I admit it, but I can't count the number of times problems are blamed on the game.
And your comment:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Its people like you who try to run off the last remaining people that are trying to play the game but can't because a software company doesn't know how to write code! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
has very little truth to it.
I help people play the game to keep it alive.
I defend UBI, when it is warranted, against people bashing UBI because I love this game and don't want it to die.

Sorry you took the post so dear to your heart.
It wasn't meant to offend but there IS usually an error message, not always but usually.
I'm sure the poster could have made your comment if he/she took it the way you did if they wished to and they are more than welcome to respond to it if they feel it necessary.

LT.INSTG8R
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Law you and Gunney ought to be called the "RvS Repairmen" as you always help the Community with Issues be it thier attitude Stinks or not I was very appalled by this Post as well and was about to jump in and defend you but figured your a Tough Cookie and will Deal with "The Children" yourselfhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Keep playin in that Zen Garden and all will be well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DeathDealer71
10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
I can agree and disagree with Kevin, sometimes the mods act like there GODS, well I only know one God and his name is Jesus Christ.

Otherwise go about your buisness....

Le Tigre
10-27-2004, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DeathDealer71:
I can agree and disagree with Kevin, sometimes the mods act like there GODS, well I only know one God and his name is Jesus Christ.

Otherwise go about your buisness.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait wasen't he the son of god? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Embrace._
10-27-2004, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Le Tigre:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DeathDealer71:

Wait wasen't he the son of god? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Course he wasnt, i was http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

DragonWrath
10-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I'm getting the same problems and here is the error code I recive

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3061 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 SERIES (6483)

R6MenuRootWindow Transient.R6MenuRootWindow0 (Function R6Window.R6WindowRootWindow.GetMapNameLocalisation :0068) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize &lt;- UObject::ProcessEvent &lt;- (R6Console Transient.InteractionMaster0.R6Console0, Function R6Game.R6Console.LaunchR6MainMenu) &lt;- UGameEngine:http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifraw &lt;- UWindowsViewport::Repaint &lt;- UWindowsClient::Tick &lt;- ClientTick &lt;- UGameEngine::Tick &lt;- UpdateWorld &lt;- MainLoop

kinda funny as how this works, worked fine before the patch, and not even a driver update works. all I have to say is great...

Ofcr_Lawless
10-27-2004, 10:55 AM

Oh and I'm not a Mod.
I don't have the patience to deal with the c/rap they have to deal with. IE the kids that make all of the stupid comments that get them banned.

DragonWrath
10-27-2004, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DragonWrath:
I'm getting the same problems and here is the error code I recive

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3061 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 SERIES (6483)

R6MenuRootWindow Transient.R6MenuRootWindow0 (Function R6Window.R6WindowRootWindow.GetMapNameLocalisation :0068) Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize &lt;- UObject::ProcessEvent &lt;- (R6Console Transient.InteractionMaster0.R6Console0, Function R6Game.R6Console.LaunchR6MainMenu) &lt;- UGameEngine:http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifraw &lt;- UWindowsViewport::Repaint &lt;- UWindowsClient::Tick &lt;- ClientTick &lt;- UGameEngine::Tick &lt;- UpdateWorld &lt;- MainLoop

kinda funny as how this works, worked fine before the patch, and not even a driver update works. all I have to say is great... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And again no quick responce to this as I figured, even though the topic was hot at the time. I uninstalled and reinstalled with a 1.0 - 1.6 patch. still same problem. Again, help appreciated. But I'm not holding my breath.

Ofcr_Lawless
10-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Here ya go Drangon.
It's been mentioned quite alot lately.
link (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=327107011&m=3861062532)
There is a place in the Community help Forum called:
Post Games Fixes Here!!

There is alot of answers there.

GL

DeathDealer71
10-27-2004, 12:21 PM
Lawless I am just messin with ya, you be the man and you know it, and so do I.

Peace dude.

ohh and Tigre, it depends on how you look at it, i believe God can exist in one place and be in another at the same time, it's called Omnipresent, but thats me, and I am not in the mood to start this topic.

Peace to ya...