PDA

View Full Version : y r ppl so worried bout the rating?

supramaniac
12-30-2004, 02:10 PM
sooo many topics about whether it should be rated T or M, who cares, halo 2 was rated M and it sold pleeenty of copies. even if scct is rated M little teens will still buy it, i seriously dont get wut the big deal is.

supramaniac
12-30-2004, 02:10 PM
sooo many topics about whether it should be rated T or M, who cares, halo 2 was rated M and it sold pleeenty of copies. even if scct is rated M little teens will still buy it, i seriously dont get wut the big deal is.

zimpz123
12-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Some people buy their games with their parents and some parents tend to watch the rating before buying.
Other than that, completely pointless.

SoulFire382
12-30-2004, 02:41 PM
First off, try to hone your typing skills. "u," "ppl," y," "r," and "Wut" aren't actual words. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Many people (Like me) Are below 18, and thier parents look closely because thier minds have been poisioned with the idea that M rated games make you violent.

FN57
12-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Well, there are still some children out there whos parents wish not to corrupt their fragile little minds by having them play violent video games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KU_
12-30-2004, 03:24 PM
I agree. Why should we worry? I mean, sorry if your parents don't let you play "M" games, but please don't make us suffer.

Omega_224
12-30-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm only sixteen (below the proper age to buy M-rated games) but look, my MOM bought me Rainbow Six and RS3 Black Arrow for Christmas. And since my mom knows how much I love Splinter Cell, and since she knows that it is the best one yet, I won't have any problems getting it. That said, I hope it's rated M. Don't know why, maybe so it won't be restricted by age. Also, I hope it has blood effects like in RS3 where the blood stains your suit when you get shot. And I agree with KU_, if you can't buy it, that's not our problem! I fell sorry that you can't get one of the best games ever, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ChaosTheory13
12-30-2004, 08:17 PM
im only 13 and i can get gta games.it doesnt matter if its M im still getting it.

stealthjim1
12-30-2004, 09:15 PM
were so worried about it because us seroous players want tit M this way when we play online we don't have to listen to under-aged immature, little pu**ies that justmake a wreck of things and bullspit like that. ( if you know what i mean) if there is one the in sc that annoys the f*** out of me is when you're trying to win a multiplayer match and you're partner doesn't care, and blows the whole thing on you. i hate that like no other.

cooldude6681
12-31-2004, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoulFire382:
First off, try to hone your typing skills. "u," "ppl," y," "r," and "Wut" aren't actual words. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Many people (Like me) Are below 18, and thier parents look closely because thier minds have been poisioned with the idea that M rated games make you violent. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup yup, same here I'm only 16 and if they rate SCCT M, I'm going to have to wait an extra 3 months to buy it. Sure, my mom knows how much I love the Splinter Cell games, I've even tried to go with the "But Splinter Cell is all about promoting nonlethal action" tactic--didn't work.

KU_...how could other people suffer by the game being rated T?

Dojomann.p.
12-31-2004, 01:50 AM
I personally have no beef with the ESRB, only because my mom never did or will ever care. I am 15 now, and watched Terminator, Robocop, and other violent films when i was very young. I played Duke Nukem 3d back when it just came out (guess how old i was =D). Some people who know me still say I'm one of the most lighthearted people out there.
Then theres people who are raised in a society which shuns such freedoms as expressing your feelings, doing what you want and feeling how you want. These kids are the ones who wind up having uncomfortable feelings, which are related to the way they grew up in and and become unstable people in the future.

So, you make the decision, let me watch fun violent movies which don't actually have any effect on me, or shun anything that is "hush hush" and much too personal? Do you make me feel uncomfortable about sex and stuff? Or do you make me feel like a person who could talk about anything without problems, and later pass that great quality to my kids, and have them grow up lighthearted and without worries?

C'mon parents, make a wise choice.

Sex and violence in the media has no effect on your kids.

Not every kid is like the ones from Columbine.

PhilosopherCop
12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
I am sure things will work out for people and all we can do is wait until SCCT is rated by the ratings boards