PDA

View Full Version : Blind pilots

veovis39
04-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Since the 1.2 patch I am getting a ton of air contacts that fly past my position without ever spotting me... anybody else encounter this?

I'm not sure if I like it or not. On one hand, it's a little more realistic, because they don't seem to be "B-lining" as much anymore. On the other hand, I'm starting to groan every time I see TC slow down and "Radar contact" because 75% of the time it's going to be an airplane, and of those times, 75% of the time it won't even find me.

veovis39
04-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Since the 1.2 patch I am getting a ton of air contacts that fly past my position without ever spotting me... anybody else encounter this?

I'm not sure if I like it or not. On one hand, it's a little more realistic, because they don't seem to be "B-lining" as much anymore. On the other hand, I'm starting to groan every time I see TC slow down and "Radar contact" because 75% of the time it's going to be an airplane, and of those times, 75% of the time it won't even find me.

Deepbluewolf
04-30-2007, 03:08 AM
well i have had that happen to me a couple of times, mostly when its a 2 plain formation, they tend to fly very high and just pass me without reaction, i also noticed that when it happens it tends to be early morning or sunset and i am between them and the sun...don't know if this is a glitch or intended.. "Zeros" never pass me without a try...i think that so far it has allways been observation planes that faill to see me...lol

Haggis45
04-30-2007, 04:21 AM
The can't see each other, never mind you! Lol
I've nearly wet myself the amount of times i've prepped myself for 'Betty's' coming in with 'Oh s*it!" moments, and then they just collide into each other!
Of course everyone cheered onboard (inc myself) getting an unpromtue fireworks display of their burning planes ROFL

K-Squad
04-30-2007, 06:31 AM
I have seen them fly straight into the water. I did not shoot them down, they just circle me and then go straight into the water.