PDA

View Full Version : New and custom maps?

FishBR
06-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi everybody. I'm here to ask about new maps or modded maps for rainbow six vegas. I remember when i played Raven Shield, we had a large variety of user mades maps, and i was searching some user mades maps for Rainbow Six Vegas but just found nothing. I don't know the reason, maybe lack of support, new patch delay, searching the wrong places, if someone can give one hint (adress) from were can i find those maps i will be very pleased.

I really really loved the custom maps (they add new gameplay and helps the game to live longer)

Thanks everyone for ur patience and attention.

Se ya on the Vegas!

FishBR
06-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi everybody. I'm here to ask about new maps or modded maps for rainbow six vegas. I remember when i played Raven Shield, we had a large variety of user mades maps, and i was searching some user mades maps for Rainbow Six Vegas but just found nothing. I don't know the reason, maybe lack of support, new patch delay, searching the wrong places, if someone can give one hint (adress) from were can i find those maps i will be very pleased.

I really really loved the custom maps (they add new gameplay and helps the game to live longer)

Thanks everyone for ur patience and attention.

Se ya on the Vegas!

SCE_Sobek
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
to put it short - There is none.

reggo
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
No map editor = no custom map.

R6 Vegas is a console game for console players, and while some editors have been provided with a console game in the past (like Far Cry Instincts), it is still not common place to allow console players to use a map editor, much less a full blown SDK (difficult to program with a gamepad...)

Don't forget that the console market is driven with a ''play it and trash it'' mentality. UBI doesn't want people to stick many years with a game like R6 fans have done with Rogue Spear or Raven Shield in the past. UBI wants you to finish the game in a single week-end and be ready to purchase their next garbage the next week. That seems true for PC nowadays, but it is even more true for consoles.

In conclusion, short and linear gameplay with no replayability, along with the total lack of tools to extend the game's life time, are essential ingredients to the fast-food gaming chain UBI is.

athenian
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Well said Reggo. Look at the original Ghost Recon and Ravenshield. Both came with some form of a map editor and those games still continue to be played today. GR came out in 2001 and RVS came out in 2003. I know clans that are still matching in GR. I doubt we will ever see another R6 game that can compare to R6, Rogue Spear and Ravenshield. Though Lockdown did come with a level editor, the game was so horribly done to begin with it was a waste of time to create new content for.

xoops
06-27-2007, 06:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reggo:
Don't forget that the console market is driven with a ''play it and trash it'' mentality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is also the ''pay for everything'' mentality.

Console players have to pay to play MP on Xbox Live. That's ultimately what Microsoft and UBI want us to do as well.

As for the custom maps freely available over the Internet, UBI doesn't get a buck for that so... Even worse, UBI probably even see it as a threat for the sell of its expensive expansion packs (when they exist).

In other words, no free lunch from these guys!