PDA

View Full Version : PC not recognising DVD!

RichJones79
03-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi,

Anyone else experiencing this?
Just got the game for PC, but my computer doesn't recognise the DVD in the drive.
I dont just mean Autoplay isn't appearing, I mean I can't even view the files on the drive in Windows Explorer.
The DVD drive simply keeps humming, trying to access the disc.
I thought it was just a faulty disc, but it seems fine on my laptop (autoplay appears and I can view files) - although thats not really suitable for actually playing the game on.
My PC having the problems is a new Dell running Windows Vista (my laptop is XP), and my drive that can't seem to read the disc is TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B SCSI CDROM Device (it came with the new PC built by Dell a few months ago).
It seems fine with all other discs (eg Football Manager & Unreal Tournament III).

My guess is the copy protection not liking my DVD drive for some reason?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

RichJones79
03-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi,

Anyone else experiencing this?
Just got the game for PC, but my computer doesn't recognise the DVD in the drive.
I dont just mean Autoplay isn't appearing, I mean I can't even view the files on the drive in Windows Explorer.
The DVD drive simply keeps humming, trying to access the disc.
I thought it was just a faulty disc, but it seems fine on my laptop (autoplay appears and I can view files) - although thats not really suitable for actually playing the game on.
My PC having the problems is a new Dell running Windows Vista (my laptop is XP), and my drive that can't seem to read the disc is TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B SCSI CDROM Device (it came with the new PC built by Dell a few months ago).
It seems fine with all other discs (eg Football Manager & Unreal Tournament III).

My guess is the copy protection not liking my DVD drive for some reason?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

whm830
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
i'm having the same problem except my desktop is running window XP which won't recongnise the DVD in the drive but my laptop which is vista will let me install it.

caswallawn_2k7
03-02-2008, 05:41 PM
have you tried using a cd lens cleaner in the drive as i looked it up and i cant see any reason why that drive would reject the disc other than a fault since disc drives use a firmware instead of drivers so the version of windows shouldnt affect too much. also if the disc had just failed the security it would only stop you installing not actualy seeing the contents of the disc.

samoht1989
03-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey! I'm having the same problem other games, dvds, etc work fine except this one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I tried it on my old computer it works but on this one my graphic card is not supported... Does anyone have a solution ?

BTOG46
03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
It could still be the copy protection, if you have, or had, any disc copying or imaging software like Daemon tools or Alcohol installed, it'll detect the SPTD drivers they use, and probably think you're trying to copy the disc.

samoht1989
03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I had something like that but i uninstall them all... I think...

BTOG46
03-04-2008, 03:26 PM
When you uninstall them, the SPTD drivers usually get left behind, if you want to make sure, this tool will install or remove them:
http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

samoht1989
03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks. I'll try that

samoht1989
03-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Damn it... it still doesn't work but thatnks for trying to help me. Do you know what's the copy portection it use ? Still StarForce ?

BTOG46
03-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Ubi dropped starforce a while back, I think it's usually SecuRom they use now.

caswallawn_2k7
03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
STPD makes no differance to this. btog you not think they used the same security on this as roae as alot of disc drives had problems with it.

BTOG46
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I should imagine they did, they were going to use Tages, but dropped it after the problems in the beta, so they went for SecuRom for RoaE instead, and only put the Tages online activation back in with the first patch, after the game hit the torrents, presumably so that if it detected a virtual drive, the activation would let genuine owners prove they had the DVD and not an ISO

nyrkl
03-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Maybe it's a stupid awnser but I still weill tell this... You'r sure it's in your dvd drive? not your CD-Rom?

samoht1989
03-05-2008, 05:48 AM
lol ... no its in my DVD Rom I'm not so stupid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

samoht1989
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
I resolved the problem... I pluged my old dvd drive on my new computer and the game worked. So it's a DVD Drive problem.