PDA

View Full Version : changed difficult to "tactical"

Pvt.Mazza
07-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Damn! I changed demo difficult to tactical (hardest). It's very hard, your soldiers die very quicly if you just rush. I prefer you to try it too. If you don't know how to change it I made a little mod which will change it for you.

sorry no host, I'll try to find new one as fast as possible. If you really want this come to our irc channel and ask it from me

Exctract it to your faces of war folder, it should create folder "resource"

enjoy

Pvt.Mazza
07-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Damn! I changed demo difficult to tactical (hardest). It's very hard, your soldiers die very quicly if you just rush. I prefer you to try it too. If you don't know how to change it I made a little mod which will change it for you.

sorry no host, I'll try to find new one as fast as possible. If you really want this come to our irc channel and ask it from me

Exctract it to your faces of war folder, it should create folder "resource"

enjoy

rain1971
07-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Hell, this war is hard enough for me! but cool to spread the wealth!

B1gGuN
07-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Nice one. I've been finding this game so so easy and I'm dying for a challenge. Going to try this now, thanks.

Reppyboyo
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Whoa just tried this on the second mission.
Got slaughtered in moments!

AGM_Visco__
07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
MAzza did you do as i told to to acheve this?

swedenchrille
07-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Mazza, I tried your "tactical" mod and damn its hard!! I didnt survive for many minutes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

VERY GOOD MOD!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

B1gGuN
07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I survived for about half the mission with a full squad, then one bazooka took out three of my men behind a wall. I gave up then. The key to winning this mission is using your sniper to take out all the MG gunners first. Once they are gone taking the town is a lot easier as long as you use cover well.

akisdim
07-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Congrats for unlocking the difficulty. Taking my time trying to survive I ve noticed some really great enemy Ai-some poor too but in its good moments I dare to say that enemies act better than soldiers. If only they hadnt mock it up with this "smart" squad feature, we would have a brilliant game...

Reppyboyo
07-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Very challenging.
I cleared most of the first square by snipeing alone.

However once I moved my men in they got mowed down quickly by about 2-3 krauts.
The allied AI just doesnt seem up to par, cant hit the broad side of a barn door half the time.

akisdim
07-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Hello there. I just managed to finish the second mission on the "tactical" difficulty. 3 guys survived but allthough I ve managed to kill all the enemies I couldnt destroy the motor wagon of the armored train. Does anybody knows how this thing can be blown off? And another thing. Before I triggered the last phase of the mission I tried to take out one of the tigers firing with packs from 2 different directions and I couldnt get the damn thing no matter how many shots I fired. In the end when the third wave of reinforcement came they blew up one of the tigers and the other got its turret damaged. So in the end I could drive it around. Some of the effects especially when you fire HE into buildings through windows look really great and very realistic. Great details all around, unfortunately no suspension on tank wheels and the crappy squad system. What a great game...

B1gGuN
07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reppyboyo:
The allied AI just doesnt seem up to par, cant hit the broad side of a barn door half the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Their just as good, just on this level their at a disadvantage. You have to remember that you're taking a heavily fortified town. The Germans have a huge tactical advantage as their all in position and behind cover, so most of the Allied soldeirs will die.