PDA

View Full Version : A way of adding difficulty as an option for ACIII

BootBlade
12-13-2010, 12:24 AM
I personally enjoyed the Full Synchronisation possibility of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as it did feel like difficulty was finally injected into the series. However, I found the often 'Full Synchronisation Failed' jarring as it took me out of the experience of playing for story's sakes. I felt like a failure for not playing (as other's have said) the 'Ubisoft Way' and it personally was my biggest problem with the game and why I can't rate it higher than ACII.

In ACII it felt like we had this freedom to tackle missions however way we wanted and it was emphasized in a lot of missions, however in ACB anytime I would choose to do something different i'd have that annoying 'Fail' pop up with that harsh sounding tune.

To some this may be a minor nitpick, but to me this detracted from an otherwise amazing game.

For ACIII I propose before the game starts, the possibility of playing the game in Story Mode; a mode that allows side missions and everything of course but does not come with the Full Sync benefits of extra missions, and/or Full Sync Mode: A mode that is of the hardest difficulty and to achieve all the extras you must play through the game with full sync on all missions.

Having the option of choosing these difficulties could really be of use to those that: like to unlock everything, like a challenge, or prefer to just play through for the story. A feature like this would be welcomed for ACIII as I did enjoy the Full Sync's rewards and challenge, but I didn't enjoy the often intrusive 'Full Sync Failed' while still trying to do a mission.

BootBlade
12-13-2010, 12:24 AM
I personally enjoyed the Full Synchronisation possibility of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as it did feel like difficulty was finally injected into the series. However, I found the often 'Full Synchronisation Failed' jarring as it took me out of the experience of playing for story's sakes. I felt like a failure for not playing (as other's have said) the 'Ubisoft Way' and it personally was my biggest problem with the game and why I can't rate it higher than ACII.

In ACII it felt like we had this freedom to tackle missions however way we wanted and it was emphasized in a lot of missions, however in ACB anytime I would choose to do something different i'd have that annoying 'Fail' pop up with that harsh sounding tune.

To some this may be a minor nitpick, but to me this detracted from an otherwise amazing game.

For ACIII I propose before the game starts, the possibility of playing the game in Story Mode; a mode that allows side missions and everything of course but does not come with the Full Sync benefits of extra missions, and/or Full Sync Mode: A mode that is of the hardest difficulty and to achieve all the extras you must play through the game with full sync on all missions.

Having the option of choosing these difficulties could really be of use to those that: like to unlock everything, like a challenge, or prefer to just play through for the story. A feature like this would be welcomed for ACIII as I did enjoy the Full Sync's rewards and challenge, but I didn't enjoy the often intrusive 'Full Sync Failed' while still trying to do a mission.

X10J
12-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Anyone else remember the amount of complaints that poured in because AC2 had so much less freedom than AC1?

It seems like Assassin's Creed is offering less freedom with each title. Hmmm. Oh my god, could it be that Ubi is actualy a templar company intent on slowly taking away are freedom until there's nothing left!?! Hello AC3 plot twist.

Honestly though, what your saying makes sense. But wouldn't it be simpler to just offer the ability to turn off those notifications?

xxtomboxx
12-13-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't have a problem with how AC2 and Brotherhood turned out but I would LOVE to see AC3 bring back more of the open ended quality from AC1.

My ideal AC game would have the mission structure of AC2 and Brotherhood up until you locate where your target is going to be.

Basically, they should replace the investigation missions from AC1 with the missions from AC2 but after completing those, we should be able to scout out the location and plan our own way to kill the target. This way they retain the "immense variety" that they're striving for but they also give us the freedom to approach the target in our own way.

I also agree that a true "hard mode" would be great. Enemy AI should be smarter, fights should be harder and you shouldn't always be able to win. Stealth should be a priority and even being spotted for a second should prompt the guards to investigate. Also, dead bodies should put guards on high alert. They shouldn't just stare at them for a second and then go back to work. They should also notice when a fellow guard is missing and should call for backup (not unlike Metal Gear Solid).

Please Ubisoft, I'm all for making games accessible to a wide market, but alot of us want an extra challenge. Full sync is a good idea but a genuine hard mode would be a welcome addition.

And while I'm talking about possible additions for AC3, I'm gonna copy and paste something I posted on another forum. Maybe the guys at Ubisoft will read this:

Time sensitive missions would be a really nice addition to the gameplay. Maybe you're tasked with taking a target down and after you're done investigating you learn that he will be in several places in the city throughout the day. If you go during the morning, he's in one spot (maybe the city market), if you wait for the afternoon he's moved on to another spot (maybe a local parade with lots of onlookers), or if you wait until nightfall he's gone back to his fortress and you have to find a way inside.

This wouldn't simply involve you arbitrarily deciding when you want to kill him. It would entail several variables. Maybe you decide to kill him in the morning but the guards are swarming and you just cant find a way through. You could bust in and try a head on kill but you would probably get slaughtered (I really think the AI and difficulty need to get a major overhaul, OR just add a hard mode).

So you regroup and try to kill him after he's moved on. Maybe now its easier to get to him, or maybe not. One of two things could happen here. Maybe there is some big event happening in the city that day and the crowd gets in your way and you miss your chance. This means you have to get into his fortress and take him down at night. OR, you make it to your target but he spots you and runs away. Now he's in his fortress, knows your coming for him, and has posted extra guards and traps for you - making your infiltration even more difficult.

I think the most important thing is that you actions should have real consequences. If you kill your target without anyone suspecting you, you should be able to walk out with no problem. And I really think every mission should have a way to do it in complete silence. If no one sees you, your notoriety shouldn't go up. On the other hand, if you're spotted it should NOT be easy to escape. There should be less hiding spots and guards should be able to find you more easily even if you're hiding. If you're seen, your notoriety should go up and it should STAY up. Tearing down a few posters is not going to negate an entire street full of citizens seeing you massacre a dozen guards. Word of mouth travels fast and you can't go around killing every witness. (Oh and Brotherhood made it way too easy to find and kill Officials. As soon as you became notorious a little indicator would pop up on the map telling you that an official was right around the corner. Whats that all about? Is there even a point to the notoriety if you can get rid of it so easily?)

They should also have the option to play on hard mode so if you get hit once or twice, you're dead. This was the original plan for AC1 (or so I've heard) and they dropped it for some reason.

Black_Widow9
12-13-2010, 01:20 PM
You don't have to get full synchronization. It is an extra bonus to try. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Please make sure you post your Feedback here though.
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)

sandmanssorrow
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
AC already has a difficulty setting. Don't purchase armor upgrades. My second play through I only have 7 or 8 health blocks (had to purchase Rondel boots, they look better) and I'm leaving open as many Borgia towers as I can which is about three or four, you have to ignite most for flag collecting.

xxtomboxx
12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
AC already has a difficulty setting. Don't purchase armor upgrades. My second play through I only have 7 or 8 health blocks (had to purchase Rondel boots, they look better) and I'm leaving open as many Borgia towers as I can which is about three or four, you have to ignite most for flag collecting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mind manufacturing my own "hard mode" but I would definitely like to see the developers give us the option for real difficulty settings. Even with no armor and no medicine, the game is still way too easy.

Whenever a guard knocks me down to 1 health square, it seems like the AI recognizes that I'm about to die and all of a sudden all the guards that had surrounded me suddenly stop attacking so that my health can regenerate.

Fighting Cesare, while cinematic and a whole lot more fun than the past two final bosses, just wasnt challenging. If the guy has a gun and shoots you point blank, why does it only take away a few health squares?

AssassinVenice
12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xxtomboxx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
AC already has a difficulty setting. Don't purchase armor upgrades. My second play through I only have 7 or 8 health blocks (had to purchase Rondel boots, they look better) and I'm leaving open as many Borgia towers as I can which is about three or four, you have to ignite most for flag collecting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mind manufacturing my own "hard mode" but I would definitely like to see the developers give us the option for real difficulty settings. Even with no armor and no medicine, the game is still way too easy.

Whenever a guard knocks me down to 1 health square, it seems like the AI recognizes that I'm about to die and all of a sudden all the guards that had surrounded me suddenly stop attacking so that my health can regenerate.

Fighting Cesare, while cinematic and a whole lot more fun than the past two final bosses, just wasnt challenging. If the guy has a gun and shoots you point blank, why does it only take away a few health squares? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The last boss took me 30 secunds!
I shot him a few times and he died.

AssassinVenice
12-14-2010, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BootBlade:

Having the option of choosing these difficulties could really be of use to those that: like to unlock everything, like a challenge, or prefer to just play through for the story. A feature like this would be welcomed for ACIII as I did enjoy the Full Sync's rewards and challenge, but I didn't enjoy the often intrusive 'Full Sync Failed' while still trying to do a mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I rate it 10/10!
I've completed it in less than a week and got 100% with the factions Challenges.

LadyGahan2010
12-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Just a comment: if the game is not tough enough for you and you want it harder and "bosses" suck, why you shoot them? Try with a small weapon. or fists instead of whining they were too easy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

sandmanssorrow
12-14-2010, 10:55 AM
If you make the AI too much harder you take away the ability to haul butt around the city getting into fights with loads of guards and generally laying waste to the Borgia Army like a one man wrecking crew. Splinter Cell is more your speed if you want difficulty, AC is a parkour kill fest, I don't think rel-loading every five minutes after dying in a fight with four or five guards supports the core game play. Cesare was easy to defeat as are most of the bosses/targets, especially if you use the gun but the level building up to the fight is also the boss battle.
Isn't there a cape in this one that gives you 'notorious' all the time like AC2 so you can have the difficulty amped?

PhiIs1618033
12-14-2010, 11:34 AM
If you make the AI too much harder you take away the ability to haul butt around the city getting into fights with loads of guards and generally laying waste to the Borgia Army like a one man wrecking crew. Splinter Cell is more your speed if you want difficulty, AC is a parkour kill fest, I don't think rel-loading every five minutes after dying in a fight with four or five guards supports the core game play. Cesare was easy to defeat as are most of the bosses/targets, especially if you use the gun but the level building up to the fight is also the boss battle.
Isn't there a cape in this one that gives you 'notorious' all the time like AC2 so you can have the difficulty amped? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. The Auditore cape even makes you incognito. &gt;.&lt;

xxtomboxx
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately, no. The capes in Brotherhood remove notoriety, and for some reason there are two of them. Why do we need the Auditore cape and the Borgia cape if they do the same thing?