PDA

View Full Version : Where are all these SHIV's comming from?

ottoramsaig1959
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I understand that Swedish folks got theirs early. Do we have that many folks from there? Has UBI lied to me? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Cpt_Lindgren
03-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I´m from Sweden but I have NOT recieved my copy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Celeon999
03-19-2007, 12:13 PM
UBI didn't lied to you.

The people who already have the game have bought it from stores which sell the game prematurely and unallowed.

This happens again and again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Soon it will happen one more time with the release of Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl.

The german store Media Markt has announced to sell the game already three days before the official release date.

They have to pay a penalty for that but the penalty is tiny compared to the money they earn when hundreds of people buy the game in their store to get it earlier.

I really think the developers and distributors should reconsider their pre-order policy.

Pre-ordering becomes more and more unattractive through that.

Why not establish a policy in which the pre-order costumers recieve the game two to three days before they even get delivered to the stores ?

That would eliminate the problem once and for all.

And this would bring the sense back into pre-ordering beside special editions.

malkuth1974
03-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Celeon999:
UBI didn't lied to you.

The people who already have the game have bought it from stores which sell the game prematurely and unallowed.

This happens again and again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Soon it will happen one more time with the release of Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl.

The german store Media Markt has announced to sell the game already three days before the official release date.

They have to pay a penalty for that but the penalty is tiny compared to the money they earn when hundreds of people buy the game in their store to get it earlier.

I really think the developers and distributors should reconsider their pre-order policy.

Pre-ordering becomes more and more unattractive through that.

Why not establish a policy in which the pre-order costumers recieve the game two to three days before they even get delivered to the stores ?

That would eliminate the problem once and for all.

And this would bring the sense back into pre-ordering beside special editions.

And then said stores would no longer Stock PC games. And in a world where PC sales are best in said stores, but yet shelf space is shrinking in favor of console games. Having 2-3 stores release early is not so bad.

Celeon999
03-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Why should they stop to sell pc games ? Not every costumer can buy via internet. And when the costumers switch to pre-ordering.. who cares except the stores themselves ? Thats not the problem of the developer , he gets the same money if not even more.

Its not a problem when 2-3 stores sell the game early, yes, until 20 other shops realize this and do the same.

Soon preorder numbers will go back because of that. And UBI makes more money with a preordered game than with a store sold one.

RedTerex
03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
WWII Dec 7th 1941 has now already happened, we are now just waiting to be drafted !

nastutt
03-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Its simple market forces if I was in the shops shoes I would sell it asap as well unless contractually obliged to hold on. I lve in the UK and wont get the game probably until Friday and I couldnt care - whats a week? Its just not worth crying about.

If the game is as bugged as it looks though we may be all disappointed for months anyway so whats the big deal, assuming I buy it of course.

ottoramsaig1959
03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by nastutt:
Its simple market forces if I was in the shops shoes I would sell it asap as well unless contractually obliged to hold on. I lve in the UK and wont get the game probably until Friday and I couldnt care - whats a week? Its just not worth crying about.

If the game is as bugged as it looks though we may be all disappointed for months anyway so whats the big deal, assuming I buy it of course. So True....I think mine may be shipped tommorow, Love this dual Forum.

javas-revenge
03-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Mine will be sended the 20`s of this month
to me.

I am living in The Netherlands.

Busbie
03-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Why should they stop to sell pc games ?

Well they don't really, they just have like a single shelf/unit devoted to "small box" PC games and maybe a unit of CD only games, the rest are locked in back and most of the time they don't have what you are looking for. At least that's how the gaming stores work in my area.

Which is why I got SHIII online, I couldn't find it at the nearest gaming store, yet Staples (Office supplies, last place I would look for a sub sim) had it displayed quite nicely, snuggled between Call of Duty and Earth 2160...

GoldenEagle8
03-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Busbie:
they just have like a single shelf/unit devoted to "small box" PC games and maybe a unit of CD only games, the rest are locked in back and most of the time they don't have what you are looking for.

We must not live too far apart. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

bf2player2006
03-19-2007, 04:46 PM
agree. i always have to ask the sales guy for him to go and get it from their secret stash behind the locked dooor because they never have the box displayed in the pc section of the game that im looking for.

blagheblah
03-20-2007, 06:32 AM
The issue about early releases in the nordic countries is due to gamestop / eb games mail system has failed setting the release date to march 16th.. this issue has been corrected to march 22nd