PDA

View Full Version : Can't get in to many servers.

DLK14790
08-07-2006, 06:44 PM
This problem came to the shore not a long while ago. When I first started Far Cry MP just a couple of days ago everything was fine.

Besides the low amount of servers, which is not my problem, but thanks to low popularity, I seem to have trouble getting in to the very few servers available. I get auto kicked. I click on a server in the server list, and bam, it just says 'Kicked!' or 'Banned!'. First server I tried to join, I could pick a team, then I got kicked. Ok, I suppose it was thanks to my name (profanity, which should be acceptable because it's an R-Rated game, and I wasn't, or couldn't even warned of having a bad name in need of a change). Fine, I change my name in to something acceptable. I still can't join (other) servers. I haven't been in many servers and have not caused trouble as far as I know. There's only one server I can join, which is FFA, and not exactly fun thanks to one guy who can wipe out the entire server population with 50 kills and 10 deaths.

DLK14790
08-07-2006, 06:44 PM
This problem came to the shore not a long while ago. When I first started Far Cry MP just a couple of days ago everything was fine.

Besides the low amount of servers, which is not my problem, but thanks to low popularity, I seem to have trouble getting in to the very few servers available. I get auto kicked. I click on a server in the server list, and bam, it just says 'Kicked!' or 'Banned!'. First server I tried to join, I could pick a team, then I got kicked. Ok, I suppose it was thanks to my name (profanity, which should be acceptable because it's an R-Rated game, and I wasn't, or couldn't even warned of having a bad name in need of a change). Fine, I change my name in to something acceptable. I still can't join (other) servers. I haven't been in many servers and have not caused trouble as far as I know. There's only one server I can join, which is FFA, and not exactly fun thanks to one guy who can wipe out the entire server population with 50 kills and 10 deaths.

Portchyboy
08-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Have you been playing single player in dev mode?
What connection do you have?
Try joining 22nd server and see if you get the same...

Type in consol (get it up by pressing key, a green box will drop down) \connect 80.68.46.137:49001

Please tell us what servers you have joined and also where you are from

fabulouscoops
08-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Depending on where you live, there should be lots of servers available. The problem may be that no one is playing in them at the times you wish to play.
Some servers are set to auto-kick/ban names that contain strings of characters that are on a pre-compiled list. This may have happened to you. Also, some servers will kick for non-ASCII characters that might slow the server down. Some letters with umlauts, or graphical charaters might cause this.

The 50/10 kills/death is a medium player playing against very inexperienced players. With practice you should be able to come to that level. The guys you need to watch for are the 80/2 types http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

DLK14790
08-14-2006, 09:46 AM
--''Have you been playing single player in dev mode?
What connection do you have?
Try joining 22nd server and see if you get the same...

Type in consol (get it up by pressing key, a green box will drop down) \connect 80.68.46.137:49001

Please tell us what servers you have joined and also where you are from''--

No, I haven't played singleplayer in dev mode.
I have cable.
I did manage to join the 22nd server, problem is: I wanted to play with people, and it was empty...
I joined every server with people playing in it.
I'm from Europe, the Netherlands.

--''Depending on where you live, there should be lots of servers available. The problem may be that no one is playing in them at the times you wish to play.
Some servers are set to auto-kick/ban names that contain strings of characters that are on a pre-compiled list. This may have happened to you. Also, some servers will kick for non-ASCII characters that might slow the server down. Some letters with umlauts, or graphical charaters might cause this.''--

My name should be fine now, it's Daz, no numbers, no fancy characters.

Now, instead of the kick/ban problem, I get the ''Key-Code already in use problem.'' Multiple times. And yes, I did quit for a while when I got the problem and tried again. Same problem...

This really, really angers and annoys me. I had to go through a bit of trouble getting a keycode from the store I bought Far Cry from to ACTIVATE/PLAY multiplayer... now I still can't enjoy it!

Ignabold
08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
The cd-key in use is caused by getting kicked from a server when you don't have the correct maps. To avoid this get map packs from http://farcry-maps.com . You shouldn't have much problem running from the Netherlands as it has one of the biggest Farcry populations, and if you were able to stay connected to the 22nd server your game settings should be acceptable in most servers.

DLK14790
08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah but I do not know WHICH map packs to get, there are many map packs out there...

McG_NL
08-15-2006, 11:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLK14790:
Yeah but I do not know WHICH map packs to get, there are many map packs out there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EU_Mappack
AM_Mappack
AU_Mappack

MP_To_Mappack

Ignabold
08-16-2006, 12:23 AM
plus individual maps urbanwar & urbanwar 2 ( there are also the unofficial map packs 1,2 and 3 but there aren't too many of those played atm)