PDA

View Full Version : Really annoying bug...

BP_Charlie
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
...that has started happening to me 100% of the time, even after rebooting the game. It pretty much renders the game unplayable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I think radio silence (possible in the same sector as camo net) triggers it. Basically the font texture corrupts - so instead of numbers, all I see are thin vertical green lines.

This means I don't know how many ruses I have, how much money I have, how many planes are available on the d-pad or what the scores are. I also don't get the control key in the bottom right, but I can live without that after this much play time.

This particular manifestation of the bug has only just started happening tonight, but it has happened in 4 out of 5 games. And like I said, I've reset the game 3 times. I'm just going to try rebooting the console now.

I have seen texture corruption a couple of times before, but resetting the game cleared it as you'd expect.

A few times my units would go bright green when they were invisible to the enemy. And one time a mission objective notification popped up with no text in, and after that my ruse number was corrupted.

But both those weren't serious or persistent. I don't know if this knew bug is a product of the state of my profile, or the state of my PS3. I'll reboot the entire machine now and see if the problem comes back.

DW_Khan
10-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Stop making up stuff because I beat you!!!

i am totally joking dude.
Sounds like a horrible glitch.

You should try taking a picture of the screen next time it happens. It might be useful to post/send a pic for the developers to see.

Axe99
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Sounds like its time for our showdown States.... :P

More seriously though, that sounds terrible. Hope it sorts soon.

Joppsta
10-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Sounds more like a machine/disc problem than a bug to be honest with you.

Although a couple days ago my textures on D-Day were pretty buggy/laggy for some reason, like.. i think the technical phrasing is "Pop-in" or "Pop-out".. something like that. Either way, the textures were "popping" and lagging me up when i went to the closest zoom level. Similar to what happens on a PC when you run a high demand program.

Strange although it was only that game i experiecned the issue in. I've since returned to D-Day and pwned noobs many times over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BP_Charlie
10-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by DW_Khan:
Stop making up stuff because I beat you!!
LOL I've no doubt you would have beaten me no matter what. You played well and rolled into me with way more tanks than I could shake a 47mm stick at.

And I'd been losing all night to Pershing steam rollers. It was just one of those days, you know? But the corruption glitch was the cherry on the sh*t pie...

Hopefully we'll get match made tonight for a re-match...or add me and we'll get some private games on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Joppsta:
Sounds more like a machine/disc problem than a bug to be honest with you.
No, I used to develop games (and still do for iPhone) so can recognise memory corruption.

However, having run some more tests, I think it boils down to playing Killzone 3 beta before, without re-booting the machine. I'm willing to bet as well that in previous cases of corruption I've seen, I was playing something else before hand.

If that is the case, then the problem lies firmly with Sony and the firmware as it's not cleaning the environment properly. It's not a problem with RUSE.

I'll see if I can re-create it later, and post screen shots if so.

BP_Charlie
10-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Yep - managed to recreate it, after a fresh boot. This is the effect:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/InfiniteStates/sucks.jpg

However, I have since found that deleting the game data (NOT the save data) and allowing the game to re-install seems to have fixed the issue...