PDA

View Full Version : Another GPF error.

shadette
03-23-2004, 10:57 AM
When I start Splinter Cell, I get a General Protection Fault error: History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- UD3DRenderDevice::CacheTexture <- UD3DRenderDevice::PrimeResources <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine.

I downloaded the patch for it from ubi.com. Now when I start it, I simply get "General Protection Fault! History:" And that's it, blank. I tried msconfig and ran with Diagnostic Startup, but it remained the same. I changed the resolution in the SplinterCellUser.ini files to 800x600, but that didn't work either. This is also the first game error I've encountered (at all, that is, in any game), so I'm not quite sure where to retrieve all the relative information, but here's what I've got:

WindowsXP Professional
Intel Pentium 4, 256MB RAM
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 driver version 5.6.6.4, 32MB
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio, Analog Devices, Inc.

Thanks in advanced.

shadette
03-23-2004, 10:57 AM
When I start Splinter Cell, I get a General Protection Fault error: History: FD3DTexture::Cache &lt;- UD3DRenderDevice::CacheTexture &lt;- UD3DRenderDevice::PrimeResources &lt;- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes &lt;- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice &lt;- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow &lt;- UGameEngine::Init &lt;- InitEngine.

I downloaded the patch for it from ubi.com. Now when I start it, I simply get "General Protection Fault! History:" And that's it, blank. I tried msconfig and ran with Diagnostic Startup, but it remained the same. I changed the resolution in the SplinterCellUser.ini files to 800x600, but that didn't work either. This is also the first game error I've encountered (at all, that is, in any game), so I'm not quite sure where to retrieve all the relative information, but here's what I've got:

WindowsXP Professional

Thanks in advanced.

stavpal
03-23-2004, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shadette:
WindowsXP Professional

Thanks in advanced.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TNT2/M64/32MB!!! HA! HA! HA! That's a good one! Well, don't expect to run Splinter Cell with TNT2!!! It's ANCIENT! Where did you find it!?!? It's from 1999!

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v84/stavpal/sig_fisher_2.jpg
"Lambert: The NSA doesn't operate in the US. We don't spy on other agencies"
"Sam: I'm not here"
"Lambert: That's right. You have lost existence privileges until this mission's over"

gnogtr
03-23-2004, 11:52 AM
It won't work, the minimum requirements are listed at the top of the forum in my post on the matter.

&lt;a&gt;&lt;center&gt;My system:

AMD 64 3400+ @ 2.30Ghz
1 gig of Corsair TwinX DDR PC3200 RAM @414Mhz
Radeon 9800 Pro video w/TV out core @450, mem @735
Windows XP SP 1
Microsoft Directx 9.0b
Antec TruePower TrueBlue True480 PSU
LiteOn DVD+/-RW drive
Plexwriter CD-RW
Maxtor Diamond 9 160GB SATA hdd
2x Maxtor Diamond 9 80GB SATA on Raid 0 (160 GB)
Westerndigital 40 gig harddrive
Westerndigital 100 gig hdd
Asus K8T800 mainboard
Creative 5.1 surround system
Swiftech liquid cooling system

Additional PC version help:

http://www.pcgamessource.com

&lt;font color=ff0000&gt;XIII Mod and Beyond Good and Evil Tech support mod&lt;/font color=ff0000&gt;&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href="mailto:gnogtr@yahoo.com"&gt;Drop me an Email&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/center&gt;

V_LESTAT
03-24-2004, 01:45 PM
honestly dont people read the system requirements for games.

dear lord i used to own one of those cards long ago and it had issues running Rogue Spear.

dear god what in the world was this guy thinking, i hope for his sake he bought it from someplace that he can return it to cuz he will never play this game, EVER with that tnt.

i would imagine to even make the game playable at a decent frame rate a GForce 4 is required.

i bet he will come back and say something about he can run every other game but this one,, which we all know is bullpoo.

shadette
03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
As a matter of fact, she, not he, has had very few problems with other games, but that's probably because she doesn't buy newer games often anyway. Splinter Cell is probably the newest game I have, thus the problems running it. And I have read the system requirements, actually, it's just that I'm no expert with video cards and other such technicalities, so I had absolutely no way of telling that my card was so horridly outdated. Apologies for my ignorance. Thank you for pointing it out, though, now at least I know. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ASSReeper
03-24-2004, 08:11 PM
No Real biggie, and easy upgrade to a gefore 4 ti series card will easily run the game and is easy on the wallet. And im sure you know someone that will install it for you http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nikeofmighty2
03-25-2004, 05:56 PM
i have the same probelem but i cant find out what system i have to find out if i have the system requierments, some say if you have that problem its because its a copyed game or you need to reinstall it because a file was not installed and somthing adout a windowblind? please help me...wayne.lloyd@shaw.ca