PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Characters sold individually or in groups?

Saner1981
10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
hiya I was wondering how they are gonna offer the downloadable characters, individually or as in packs? well either way people will buy all of them since that would greatly improve the multiplayer versus mode.

but yeah my guess is that all teh downloadable characters will be ones that were in 1-80, especially since rumors state if the 3rd or Shikamaru aren't unlockable then they will definitely come as downloadables.

Also hopefully they complete the rest of the teams, like make the Sound Team playable (Zaku, Dosu and Kin), and the missing team members of existing characters already in this game. And possibly some special downloadables too like Jirayia and Anko.

well a possible sequel is still up in the air, hopefully they will continue to support this game by adding as much downloadable characters as possible! fans will definitely buy them and that will convince Ubisoft to release even more downloadable characters, making versus/multiplayer even larger and more variety of exciting match ups. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SC360
10-24-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm hoping for packs, but I certainly don't like the fact that I'd need to pay a lot more on-top of buying the game for extra characters.

Of course, I will because I'm a Naruto nutcase and anything to enhance gameplay is a good idea overall.

BlazerFlame
10-24-2007, 01:51 PM
because Microsoft is in charge of marketplace, its gonna be individuals likely, then later when you waste all your money on buying them all, they will have the packs out featuring all of them for cheaper

shooot, for all we know itll go free later if they want just like the rest of those games. Like Gears for instance. So i will be one of those who dont buy the characters immediately cuz its stuipid if itll just be free within a few months.

Dark_TDD
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
in groups would be ok, but individually isn't all that bad...that way you can pick the characters you want in...as long as it isn't that expensive

BlazerFlame
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
oh yea good point, pick the ones you actually want

SC360
10-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Out of coincidence, how much would you guys be willing to play for each new character?

I'm thinking around 100 to 150 points would suffice, especially if they'll be adding a fair few for download.

Saner1981
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
hmmm maybe 150 pts. per character or a pack of 5 characters for 500 pts.

I dunno it depends, I don't think an individual offer would cost more than 200. and a pack, it depends how many in the pack and who they are. but I wouldn't mind if 5 of them cost 700 as a bundle. well yeah it just depends on who they are and if they are sold as a pack, and how much it would cost. I would pay just about any amount of pts. for more characters, but the breaking point would be over 1000 for only 5 characters, me thinks.

BlazerFlame
10-24-2007, 07:11 PM
you all must like giving away money then.

75MS Points per character or 500MS for packs of at least 5

Saner1981
10-24-2007, 08:12 PM
no some of us just aren't cheap. =P

making a character model, animating and designing their moves and jutsus, giving them a voice, a slot in the select screen, and other details is worth more than a dollar. =P

KakashiStyle
10-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Saner1981:
no some of us just aren't cheap. =P

making a character model, animating and designing their moves and jutsus, giving them a voice, a slot in the select screen, and other details is worth more than a dollar. =P
Not if thousands of people buy it for a dollar

Saner1981
10-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by KakashiStyle:
Not if thousands of people buy it for a dollar

yeah but that isn't our business how much money a company makes. Companies are established to make a profit, it's how they survive.

All we gotta decide is if something that's offered is worth the price it costs. So some people will either buy the extras or not.

really , buying downloadable characters while waiting for a sequel is better than having only 13 characters and having to wait for the sequel (at least a year) for more characters that were in episode 1-80.

it's not a matter of a 60 dollar game becoming a "80-90" dollar game after buying downloadable content, it's about the option of expanding the selection if you're willing to pay for those expansions that will cost some pts.