PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one not in a clan?

EmperorxZurg
06-24-2011, 01:39 PM
seriously, when ever I go to the forums here, someone is part of a clan. Besides some other members of the UUSDG, I think I'm the only one! And so many recruitment threads! I think I've lost count! Is there even a point? How many times does the entire clan get together?

Stowdace
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Don't worry, I'm not part of a clan neither.

thergbcolor
06-24-2011, 01:51 PM
There are a lot of us non-clan people out there. We just don't have a thread for not being part of a clan, lol

EmperorxZurg
06-24-2011, 01:52 PM
then let this be! XD

Do you guys ever come across these clans while playing? I've maybe come across one once...

Crumplecorn
06-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by thergbcolor:
There are a lot of us non-clan people out there. We just don't have a thread for not being part of a clan, lol You should start one. And all the non-clan people can meet up to play together on a regular basis.

BigBalledEagle
06-24-2011, 01:54 PM
There are very many people who are not associated with any clan. It seems that quite a high percentage of people who visit these forums are in a clan, but that is not fully representative of the whole community in terms of clan participation percentage.

As a member of HKP, I can definitely say that there are pretty big benefits for me. The main benefit is that you can quickly find players that are willing to play with you and share similar goals when it comes to playing the game. Many clans also have clan-specific training, which is highly beneficial.

I personally think clans are a good idea, but you shouldn't think that certain players are necessarily better/worse based on if they are in a clan or not. At the end of the day, it is primarily a group of friends to play the game with.

WIDOMKR383
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
The unofficial non-clan clan or (TUN-CC) I like it lol. We could have non-clan clan get togethers...emagine we could roll some lobbies now. Look out world we Are here to dominate all other clanshttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

StuffedInABoxx
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
There is a point. If you join a good, active clan it is a big plus. I know every time I sign on, there are a few of my clanmates on, and I'll always have someone to play with. If you have people to play with always, then I suppose you don't need a clan. For me, I enjoy being part of a clan. It gives me people to play with as well as being a part of something more than just playing for myself

JTS_812
06-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Do you guys ever come across these clans while playing? I've maybe come across one once...
I'm not in a clan myself, but I still play with and against a lot of different clan members from these forums.

Kaiyoto
06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
You should make a thread called the "No-clan, clan". XD (Edit: Lol, I know someone else just posted that. 5 other posts were made while I wrote this one.)

I figured I'd share my thoughts because initially I was going to stick to being a lone wolf.

I ran into clans immediately upon initially playing the multiplayer, though I didn't know it at first. I personally like my clan because we stick together and help each other. Plus it was a fast way to find people with experience to play with consistently. Playing with people with experience gets you more points!

Playing with randoms sucks. Random people will rarely friend you, if they do there is a good chance they will play multiplayer for a short while and never come back (this has happened with almost every random I have ever added), and the experienced players won't add you unless they know you. I don't add people now unless I know them because chances are they will play for a little while, leave, and crap up my friends list.

For any newbie lurkers reading this I would say that even if you don't choose to be in a clan, participate in the forums. It personally helped me a lot when I started. I still feel that once I joined a clan my gameplay took a massive leap from there. I also starting having way more fun!

EmperorxZurg
06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
so it's mainly to just have people to play with? I would maybe join one for the training but every time I try to join something like that in the past, everyone just forgets about it and goofs around :/ I already have like 8 friends to play with though so i'm okay about that main issue...

a non clan clan would be funny though XD

daddychinn
06-24-2011, 02:10 PM
I love being a part of a clan. Mainly just like boxx said, I always have people to play with. Were not the typical clan tho, we don't have practice or training or anything like that. We're just a group of friends who like to play. We all also play with alot of non clan members too(thergbcolor and JTS_812 just to name a couple). If u ever decide to join one, just find out which one is right for you. In the end, clans r just a bunch of people who like to play regularly.

thergbcolor
06-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thergbcolor:
There are a lot of us non-clan people out there. We just don't have a thread for not being part of a clan, lol You should start one. And all the non-clan people can meet up to play together on a regular basis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. We'll sign up for clan ladders ironically, and troll clan threads.

thergbcolor
06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
so it's mainly to just have people to play with? I would maybe join one for the training but every time I try to join something like that in the past, everyone just forgets about it and goofs around :/ I already have like 8 friends to play with though so i'm okay about that main issue...

a non clan clan would be funny though XD

And the truth is disturbed, I still play with the Borgia Rejects and the Reckoners all the time, even though I'm not in either clan, because the people in those clans are cool cats who work well on teams (my favorite mode). Being active on the forums and playing with clans (even if you don't join) is a great way to make sure you always have someone to play the game with.

ANTRON77
06-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Being apart of a clan is great to me. Always learing new tactics. Being able to get an 8 person lobby when need be. Testing out abilities and their uses. Camaraderie and being able to personalize with the people you play with. Being able to goof off and come up with new games in game. I can tell you that on average we can get two 4 person games going everynight and that helps when you're looking to play different modes with people you trust and respect. Before now I have never been in a clan but I would also never take my decision to join my clan back. I view it as something special and enjoy my time with my clansmen. My 2cents

Metalsnake27
06-24-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm not really in a clan... I just make friends with people I play with.

Since Im starting to play competitively, maybe I will join one in the future.

weeklydose
06-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Kaiyoto2:
For any newbie lurkers reading this I would say that even if you don't choose to be in a clan, participate in the forums.
Well, this is a good start for me then, isn't it?

But seriously, I'm not in a clan either. I've been playing with randoms this entire year. It's usually hit, miss or maybe with randoms, but I've been able to get some decent team scores anyway. In all that time, I've only added three other AC:B players to my Friends List.

Personally, I have two reasons why I've never considered signing up for a clan.

1. I can't play every day and it's pretty random when I do play. Could be in the morning, but it could just as easily be midnight. Being part of a clan does imply some responsibility to actually be able to play with said clan and I can't guarantee that.

2. I'm just not good enough. Every time I think I am, I check a YouTube video by one of the usual suspects and realize they're playing on an entirely different level of awesomeness. Me, I have my good days and bad days... but on bad days, I get scolded by Top 20 players who go out of their way to message me that I "bring shame to this game" (yes, that actually happened this week and I still feel horrible about it because I do love this multiplayer).

I always try to learn new tricks and strategies and get better and sometimes I wish for a top pro to actually show me how to take it to the next level... but the thought of having to be "tested" for a clan already scares me witless.

IIwangcarsII
06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
@weeklydose That is what I was like before I was tested for the borgia rejects clan, and sure enough I did pretty bad on the first match! I cant garantee that I can do good all the time but no one is perfect.

Assassinsyk
06-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by weeklydose:
Me, I have my good days and bad days... but on bad days, I get scolded by Top 20 players who go out of their way to message me that I "bring shame to this game" (yes, that actually happened this week and I still feel horrible about it because I do love this multiplayer).

This made my blood boil. For the life of me, I canīt grasp why anyone would use energy to bash people simply because they have played a game less, cause thatīs what it really comes down to. ESPECIALLY the top 20, since by getting this rank you have played the game hundreds of hours. Youīre an idiot since you havenīt played the game hundreds of hours?

I got a death threat while playing smurfs today, since I tried to explain to the lobby that they get red arrows whenever the controller vibrates. In three matches I got 20+ escapes and probably 30+ stuns, and I really just politely informed them how the mechanics work since they obviously didnīt know, and some guy snapped at me. Thatīs internet anonymity for you.

Yeah, I donīt have a point with all this, Iīm just a tad drunk and got provoked.

H4D3S_1NF3RN0
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
i would sat the top tier clans of this game, HKP, SYNCH ASIANS, J2H, Borgia Rejects, Templars, Reckoners, and BRMS all play together on a daily basis. I know HKP,Asians, and BRMS hold scrims against eachother and we all have a preety good time. The most active clan in this game though would have to be HKP when you talk about daily activitis, training, and just goofing off. My clan, the Asians,and HKP always have members on at all hours of the day and i kno HKP is always looking to recruit new members even tho they have a million or so already (exagerating but im sure its close to that lol). to the person that said they have only ran into clans once, your just a really lucky person http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

thergbcolor
06-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by weeklydose:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaiyoto2:
For any newbie lurkers reading this I would say that even if you don't choose to be in a clan, participate in the forums.
Well, this is a good start for me then, isn't it?

But seriously, I'm not in a clan either. I've been playing with randoms this entire year. It's usually hit, miss or maybe with randoms, but I've been able to get some decent team scores anyway. In all that time, I've only added three other AC:B players to my Friends List.

Personally, I have two reasons why I've never considered signing up for a clan.

1. I can't play every day and it's pretty random when I do play. Could be in the morning, but it could just as easily be midnight. Being part of a clan does imply some responsibility to actually be able to play with said clan and I can't guarantee that.

2. I'm just not good enough. Every time I think I am, I check a YouTube video by one of the usual suspects and realize they're playing on an entirely different level of awesomeness. Me, I have my good days and bad days... but on bad days, I get scolded by Top 20 players who go out of their way to message me that I "bring shame to this game" (yes, that actually happened this week and I still feel horrible about it because I do love this multiplayer).

I always try to learn new tricks and strategies and get better and sometimes I wish for a top pro to actually show me how to take it to the next level... but the thought of having to be "tested" for a clan already scares me witless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't listen to somebody who tells you that you're doing it wrong. Roofers enrage me as few people do, but aside from shouting to no one in irritation (or shouting to my poor teammates) I would never suggest that they're doing it wrong. I'm not TOP 20 material, but I've been hanging around this MP a while and I'm pretty damn good at it, and I can tell you that as long as you're having fun you will continue to improve your game and love the MP.

Everything else is just nonsense.

weeklydose
06-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
This made my blood boil. For the life of me, I canīt grasp why anyone would use energy to bash people simply because they have played a game less, cause thatīs what it really comes down to. ESPECIALLY the top 20, since by getting this rank you have played the game hundreds of hours. Youīre an idiot since you havenīt played the game hundreds of hours?

Of course I sent him a message back that I don't play this game just to be insulted by people I don't even know. We actually got into a polite little exchange of further messages where he apologized for snapping after he spent the entire morning getting his Poisons stolen by randoms who had no clue what they were doing. I was just unlucky he ran into me right after that and he happened to see me make a rookie mistake against him twice in the same Alliance match.

At the end of the day, I have no hard feelings about it and I even understood his frustrations (I hate it with a passion when my Poisons get stolen, especially when a teammate happily stands next to my poisoned target to get a Focus kill for himself, which happened to me twice in one week)... but that incident with him saying I bring shame to the game does haunt me a bit. Yes, I may have played over a 100 hours myself by now and I may have some pretty good rankings, but it's all relative.

H4D3S_1NF3RN0
06-24-2011, 03:43 PM
as a clan leader, I can tell you, for the most part the test to get in the clan is mostly to make sure your not some poison stealing, kill hogging runner who cant play defense and to see how you communicate with a team. everything else is second and your skills will be honed as you play with your clan mates (well the good, competetive clans anyway)

ANTRON77
06-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by H4D3S_1NF3RN0:
as a clan leader, I can tell you, for the most part the test to get in the clan is mostly to make sure your not some poison stealing, kill hogging runner who cant play defense and to see how you communicate with a team. everything else is second and your skills will be honed as you play with your clan mates (well the good, competetive clans anyway)

Exactly testing is not negative in anyway

Dave0718
06-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah my test for getting in the team modes squad for my clan is really just to see if they can play, stupid mistakes and bad games happen,but i try to be very fair and realize that those things happen.

A clan is a good way to get friends, ive met so many people since joining the Outcast Templars, its the community that gets me,since none of my friends in real life play video games, its always nice to talk gaming with the people in your clan.

EmperorxZurg
06-24-2011, 03:59 PM
wow this thread has grown quickly while I was eating lunch...

so if I get this correct, it's mainly a social outlet?

also, heads, I think I did a sig for one of your members >_> not sure though...

H4D3S_1NF3RN0
06-24-2011, 04:05 PM
lol it hades not heads and quite possibly but i have no idea which of my members have sigs and wich ones dont, but i can tell you everyone of my members own on a daily basis and are always ready to give a beating to whoever lol

Nitrox92
06-24-2011, 04:22 PM
So as a clan leader myself I just wanted to give my two cents on the matter, even thou most of it has already been mentioned.

Some of the people posting here seem to get the wrong idea about clans, thinking they're a group for hardcore players who have scheduled game times, mandatory practices and so on. Can't blame them for assuming that thou, in most games that's what clans actually are, but for some reason the AC:B community didn't develop such kind of elitist groups.

Most of the AC:B clans here are just small, laidback communities of people who like to play the game, chat about random stuff with others, and get together for some team games. We test people to let them join the clan, yes, but as Dave already said, these tests aren't to measure skill and see if "you're good enough for the clan", they're there to make sure that the people who apply aren't idiots who lack common sense and basic communication skills.

In my experience joining a clan was the best thing I could've done in this game. I met a lot of fun like minded people who enjoy the game just as much as I, and I've been having way more fun ingame too. Lately I've been spending more time just chatting with my clan members than actually playing matches.

So to anyone not in a clan: Unless you already have a big group of friends you already play and talk with a lot, I seriously recommend you join a clan, it ads a whole new level to the gaming experience. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RebeccaLH
06-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I am also a lone wolf.
-howl- http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Stowdace
06-24-2011, 05:25 PM
I've wagered the idea of joining one of these game community guilds or "clans" so if there is a certain procedure of resume I could send I may consider being a part of one. Of course I'd like to keep my options open so might join and stay awhile to see if its right for me. Or I could just wait until Revelations when clan building is made easier.
(P.S. I'm an Xbox player)

lynx_1985
06-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Nitrox92:
So as a clan leader myself I just wanted to give my two cents on the matter, even thou most of it has already been mentioned.

Some of the people posting here seem to get the wrong idea about clans, thinking they're a group for hardcore players who have scheduled game times, mandatory practices and so on. Can't blame them for assuming that thou, in most games that's what clans actually are, but for some reason the AC:B community didn't develop such kind of elitist groups.

Most of the AC:B clans here are just small, laidback communities of people who like to play the game, chat about random stuff with others, and get together for some team games. We test people to let them join the clan, yes, but as Dave already said, these tests aren't to measure skill and see if "you're good enough for the clan", they're there to make sure that the people who apply aren't idiots who lack common sense and basic communication skills.

In my experience joining a clan was the best thing I could've done in this game. I met a lot of fun like minded people who enjoy the game just as much as I, and I've been having way more fun ingame too. Lately I've been spending more time just chatting with my clan members than actually playing matches.

So to anyone not in a clan: Unless you already have a big group of friends you already play and talk with a lot, I seriously recommend you join a clan, it ads a whole new level to the gaming experience. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Agree with this, no offence Nitrox but I only joined to play with people! Being in a clan doesn't mean you have to treat it like a job...as long as you pick a chilled out clan you will be fine or just ask a clan if you can get involved! I am on PS3 and anyone can add me if they wish.

Nitrox92
06-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by lynx_1985:
Agree with this, no offence Nitrox but I only joined to play with people! Being in a clan doesn't mean you have to treat it like a job...as long as you pick a chilled out clan you will be fine or just ask a clan if you can get involved! I am on PS3 and anyone can add me if they wish.

Don't see how it could offend me. The point I'm trying to make IS that joining a clan is only a means to play with people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lynx_1985
06-24-2011, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynx_1985:

Don't see how it could offend me. The point I'm trying to make IS that joining a clan is only a means to play with people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I wuv yas all.

obliviondoll
06-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I know I've run a lot of clan tryouts for the Reckoners, and we pride ourselves on being a casual clan.

As others have mentioned, most clans for ACB aren't very strict about requiring top-tier players only, and there are a good number of very skilled players sticking to the "casual" clans, simply because it's more fun.

When I try someone out, there's a basic "don't be a derp" requirement, and beyond that it's about how well you're willing to work with teammates, not about how well you get that high-scoring game.

Crumplecorn
06-24-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by H4D3S_1NF3RN0:
as a clan leader, I can tell you, for the most part the test to get in the clan is mostly to make sure your not some poison stealing, kill hogging runner who cant play defense and to see how you communicate with a team. everything else is second and your skills will be honed as you play with your clan mates (well the good, competetive clans anyway) Echoing these on behalf of the Outcasts. The clan serves the players, not the other way around.

Mmejia1
06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
@weeklydose That is what I was like before I was tested for the borgia rejects clan, and sure enough I did pretty bad on the first match! I cant garantee that I can do good all the time but no one is perfect.

And the Rejects are just like the Reckoners. We are just looking for a stable friend base to play team games with. It doesn't matter if you have bad days, everyone does, just as long as you are looking for a fun experience with some skill then you pretty much qualify to join us.

Kaiyoto
06-24-2011, 09:24 PM
... but the thought of having to be "tested" for a clan already scares me witless.
I was tested and didn't even know it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Don't worry about it. It's really just to make sure you know the basics, like stunning, killing, fun-locking....

Can't blame them for assuming that thou, in most games that's what clans actually are, but for some reason the AC:B community didn't develop such kind of elitist groups.

Kinda seems to me people become elite by joining clans because clan members typically help each other hone their skills and challenge each other. Not to say that people can't do it on their own, but it does seem like you have a better chance by working with other people in some way.

NerfSmerf
06-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by daddychinn:
I love being a part of a clan. Mainly just like boxx said, I always have people to play with. Were not the typical clan tho, we don't have practice or training or anything like that. We're just a group of friends who like to play. We all also play with alot of non clan members too(thergbcolor and JTS_812 just to name a couple). If u ever decide to join one, just find out which one is right for you. In the end, clans r just a bunch of people who like to play regularly.

Which is why I like the Reckoners. No real commitment to training, just playing! That and, I've had a few bad run ins to the, "intense," clans. (Although all the clans on this fourm are awesome as far as I can tell.) AND, most of the people on my freinds list already were part of the Reckoners, so I chose a clan with friends in it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and as for the non-clan clan... do it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

weeklydose
06-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Kaiyoto2:
I was tested and didn't even know it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Don't worry about it. It's really just to make sure you know the basics, like stunning, killing, fun-locking....
Being tested without knowing it... now that would be cool (and stress-free).

Also, thanks to all the people who chimed in about how the AC:B clans actually work. It looks like it's far more laid-back than I assumed it was and that's reassuring.

Mouse03
06-25-2011, 03:02 AM
Yeah i'm on my own too. I have friends on my list, but not in a clan.
I just think, being in Australia (timezone), and playing only on PC kinda counts me out.
Plus, i just don't think i'm good enough. I have good and bad days. To me, clans just seem for better players. I dunno, i would hate to feel like i'm bringing the team's score down or something.

Dave0718
06-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Hey guys who don't think youre good enough for a clan, please stop thinking that. We are not some elitist crazy group of people who look down on people or something.

Oh and i know that some people feel they are to young for a clan, Trust me, today i tried out a 12 yo girl who can get 10k's, yeah she's in.

All we are looking for is fun people who enjoy this game and who want to get better.

At least that is what the outcast templars are looking for. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

awsmith2006
06-25-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm not a part of a clan, but I get invited to join clans all the time. Usually, when I'm in a session with a clan, they're all experienced players who go for high-point matches (my favorite.) Playing with them lets me reach the highest scores in matches, and it's not because they're bad, it's because they're good. They mostly walk (maybe trot at the most) and rarely enter a chase. Though I enjoy playing with most clans, I always decline joining simply because I don't know what it means to be in a clan. Do I have responsibilities? Is it like a union (lol, jk)

Nitrox92
06-25-2011, 03:47 AM
Entering a clan only means 3 things.

1. You let the other members add you to their friend's list (and you're entitled to add them yourself if you wish).
2. You're free to join said clan's events, such as inclan privates or some sort of inclan competition.
3. You're allowed to join the clan conversations/chats and use their respective websites/forums (althou some clans don't require you to be a member to do this).

Also, it just feels great to be a part of a community of friends, but then again you don't necesarily need a clan for that.

Dave0718
06-25-2011, 03:48 AM
in a clan if you want responsibilities maybe you get them like i have with my position with the clan.

but being a regular member,nah,not really,just play with your clanmates and try and get along with them are really the only things you need to do.

oORennoc92Oo
06-25-2011, 04:10 AM
By the time I found out about the forum i had already begun to play days upon days by myself , so I felt nervous everyone was everyones elses best friend and would be offended if i just jumped right in and tried to get chummy. So i thought best not to incur wrath and do the lone ranger act. plus i still think i lack a good talent at this game.

weeklydose
06-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Dave0718:
Oh and i know that some people feel they are to young for a clan, Trust me, today i tried out a 12 yo girl who can get 10k's, yeah she's in.
You have to wonder, though, what a twelve-year-old is doing playing a game that's rated M for Mature. Parents these days... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif